Goodbye Jesus

The Holy Spirit

Mystique

• Super Moderator

The scriptures do not teach that the Holy Spirit is a material or physical being.  Jesus clearly said that “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24). False teachers such as Benny Hinn teach the Holy Spirit has a body.  

The scripture also state of the Holy Spirit as being omnipresent or present everywhere (Psalm. 139:1-10), it is not communicating that the Holy Spirit is physically distributed throughout the universe, but that the Holy Spirit is present in every part of creation.

When 1 Corinthians 6:19 says the Holy Spirit is in you, it is describing a personal relationship rather than a physical location. To say that the Holy Spirit is in you is not to point out where the Holy Spirit is physically located, but rather to point out that we have come into a  personal relationship with Him through repentance. When Jesus says, “the Father is in me, and I in the Father” (John 10:38), He is not speaking of physical location but of relationship.

These days around here, THIS SEEMS REASONABLE!

Even those who believe in the HS, etc. can recognize the OP for what it is. A troll.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

post-389-0-55438800-1445970371_thumb.jpg

This is a genuine picture of a dog.  That's the holy spirit in his mouth.  Incontrovertible proof that all dogs go to heaven.

• Like 2

Goddamn it, holy spirit, stop forcing dogs to give you blowjobs... That's really not nice.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Any one on the internet can write in it and edit it.

But ur photos are exempt?

Mystique,

Please explain why we should accept your spiritual truths over Uncle Mikey's.

Uncle Mikey's belief that God is an atom is not, has never been, nor will it ever be considered a spiritual truth. You can find spiritual truth in the sacred scriptures of the Holy Bible.

The photographs of the Holy Spirit that I have shown you is the same Holy Spirit that descended from heaven alighting and remaining upon Jesus in bodily.

Uh no, not at all.  The photos you showed us are the Holy Spirit you imagined.  The Gospel of Mark illustrates the Holy Spirit that author imagined.  The other gospels copied from Mark but each author added his own spin to it along the way.

God is not an atom.

Of course not.  Atoms are real.

Our imaginations do not show up on film.

No, your imagination just makes up bullshit explanations about what is 'on' the film.

If this were true, I would be a literary genius.

Real Fairies Photographed!!!

Do you know that fairies are not real? Of course not. Then how do you know that the video is not of real fairies?

Goddamn it, holy spirit, stop forcing dogs to give you blowjobs... That's really not nice.

bwahahaha!  

I think that might fall under the heading of unpardonable sin.  eek.gif

You people do not know much spiritually because if you did you would not be ex-Christians.

Wouldn't be the first, and certainly not the last.

Damn I love blasphemy.

And do we know there is a God? Of course not. It is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of God. And to us, disproving the existence of God is like disproving the existence of fairies. A 2000 year old book is not evidence for God either

You people do not know much spiritually because if you did you would not be ex-Christians.

We know just as much as you do, spiritually. Unlike you however, we are willing to admit it's all bullshit.

[Clarification.]

• Like 2

Precisely. We dont pretend to know the answers science hasn't answered yet

You are a man who wants to go to hell and doesn't want to wait in line.

The photographs of the Holy Spirit that I have shown you is the same Holy Spirit that descended from heaven alighting and remaining upon Jesus in bodily.

Uh no, not at all.  The photos you showed us are the Holy Spirit you imagined.  The Gospel of Mark illustrates the Holy Spirit that author imagined.  The other gospels copied from Mark but each author added his own spin to it along the way.

God is not an atom.

Of course not.  Atoms are real.

Our imaginations do not show up on film.

No, your imagination just makes up bullshit explanations about what is 'on' the film.

If this were true, I would be a literary genius.

More evidence of Mysguided's narcissism.

What alternate universe did I wake up in when Ironhorse is joining us in rebuffing a looney? 

• Like 1

Well yeah, who wants to wait in a line? In hell especially?

The scriptures do not teach that the Holy Spirit is a material or physical being.  Jesus clearly said that “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24). False teachers such as Benny Hinn teach the Holy Spirit has a body.  

The scripture also state of the Holy Spirit as being omnipresent or present everywhere (Psalm. 139:1-10), it is not communicating that the Holy Spirit is physically distributed throughout the universe, but that the Holy Spirit is present in every part of creation.

When 1 Corinthians 6:19 says the Holy Spirit is in you, it is describing a personal relationship rather than a physical location. To say that the Holy Spirit is in you is not to point out where the Holy Spirit is physically located, but rather to point out that we have come into a  personal relationship with Him through repentance. When Jesus says, “the Father is in me, and I in the Father” (John 10:38), He is not speaking of physical location but of relationship.

The Holy Spirit is spirit. And as a spirit He has a spiritual bodily form. This would be His form before any transformation. A human's spiritual bodily form would be that of a human. An angels spiritual bodily form would be that of an angel. The Christian has "the witness" to Christ within Him. The Holy Spirit is a witness as well.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Any one on the internet can write in it and edit it.

But the internet is OK when it presents people that agree with you on dreams 'n shit?

Some of us know the difference between the truth and a lie.

And how do some of us know that difference, Mystique? Is there something objective and testable that we can look to? 

Even those who believe in the HS, etc. can recognize the OP for what it is. A troll.

The OP is the only person here who has seen the Holy Spirit and can truly identify Him.

The OP is the only person here who has seen the Holy Spirit and can truly identify Him.

Oops. Did you forget to check which account you were logged into? That's not good.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I seen the Bigfoot. He come up behind the trailer yesterday making that "whoomp, whoomp" sound like he always makes. I can identify that sumbitch like y'all can identify this holy spurt fella 'cause you seen him. These here unbelievers are dumbasses. I plan to see me some little green men tonight!

1 Corinthians 2:14. But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

1 Corinthians 2:14. But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

Ezekiel 23:20: She lusted after their male consorts, whose sexual organs were like those of donkeys, and whose ejaculation was like that of horses.

Sorry, I left out my favorite bit. Here.

23:21: She relived the wicked days of her youth, when the Egyptians touched and fondled her young and nubile breasts.

• Like 4