Goodbye Jesus

Does anyone know what the double slit experiment is?

pittsburghjoe

• Super Moderator
12 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Yes, Pascal. The first step is believing in something.

No.  The first step is, or should be, figuring out what to believe in so that you don't believe in the wrong shit and end up in hell anyway.  Pay attention, son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Allah is Satan. He has authority of nature and politics. They are even expecting the antichrist.

Funny, that's exactly what the guy that runs the Try-N-Save convenience store says about jesus.

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No.  The first step is, or should be, figuring out what to believe in so that you don't believe in the wrong shit and end up in hell anyway.  Pay attention, son.

You have zero chance of being saved if you don't believe in anything. Those people have Satan as their father.

Do you believe in a soul?

14 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

So you are probably are wondering where I'm going with this. What I'm actually saying is that the double slit experiment is proof of sin.

Physicality is what happened after original sin. We were not physical beforehand. Adam and Eve suddenly knew they were naked because they were physical for the first time. We suffered a spiritual death ..not a physical one. Scalar started. This makes Sin the reason for the measurement problem. You need a closed scalar volume for entropy. Entropy is disorder. The non-physical doesn't use entropy. The spiritual universe is coherent. This reality of the fallen is decoherence.

Hello again Joe.  :)

Please be so kind as to answer this simple question.

Is the double experiment a scientific proof of sin?

Thank you.

Walter.

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You have zero chance of being saved if you don't believe in anything. 

You have zero chance of being saved if you believe in the wrong thing, too.  Why would a loving god make it so confusing?

4 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Hello again Joe.  :)

Please be so kind as to answer this simple question.

Is the double experiment a scientific proof of sin?

Thank you.

Walter.

Obviously

• Super Moderator
14 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Do you believe in a soul?

No.

• Super Moderator

This is fun, joe; but you're being very rude toward Walt.  He's waiting patiently for you to answer his question.  I will step back until you do so.

He has to go back to the first page.

Humans got a perception of good and evil from Satan in the Garden of Eden. I think the fall is connected to Phi. Consciousness is connected to Phi.

Oh, no. Is this a thread where people come to wildly inaccurate conclusions about quantum mechanics because they don't understand any of it? I always find it funny when people discuss wave functions and Schroedinger's equation like it's some mystical symbol in the sky, rather than any discussion of finding eigenfunction solutions to a given Hamiltonian.

Pointing to a science you don't understand/comprehend to explain a religious belief that is incomprehensible/incoherent has got to be a mutation of the "god of the gaps" argument.

Scientific theories are about repeatable, observable statistics, not about cosmic purpose, design, or morals.  

• Like 2

Right, I didn't include eigenvalues so everything I said must be false.

Decoherence is Complex to Real via the transformation associated with a matrix squishing space into a lower dimension.

Subtracting variable amounts of lambda from each diagonal entry changes the matrix and the determinant. There is value of lambda that will make the determinant 0, when that is achieved, the transformation squishes space into a lower dimension.

When lambda makes the determinant 0, the matrix A minus lambda times the identity squishes space onto the real number line.

----------------------------------------------

If memories are not stored, how is the pattern stored for the neurotransmitters that reconstruct memories at synaptic junctions?

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Obviously

Sorry Joe, but you're wrong.

In science proofs are only used in mathematics. 

None of the other branches of science employ proofs. 

That's why physicists use a level of confidence in an experiment by declaring that it is 3 sigma, 4 sigma or 5 sigma.

https://www.zmescience.com/science/what-5-sigma-means-0423423/

If an experiment could result in a proof then scientists wouldn't need to use the sigma system of levels of confidence.

So, you're mistaken about the double slit experiment.

It's not a scientific proof of anything.

Each experiment yields evidence, to a certain degree of confidence, but due to human error, systematic error, instrumental error and other factors, no experiment can ever be a proof.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Each experiment yields evidence, to a certain degree of confidence, but due to human error, systematic error, instrumental error and other factors, no experiment can ever be a proof.

Exactly. Scientific theories are used to predict or explain trends on observed data, and as no experiment can be infinitely definitive and accurate. Similarly, no theory can claim to have the grasp on "truth" in its totality, but only trends and measurements based on context. 

Questions of spirituality and morals can be extremely relevant to how people go about their personal lives but exist outside the scope of science, since it's metaphysical in nature and not consistently quantifiable. You wouldn't want it to be quantifiable either. How creepy would it be if people were able to perform experiments on peoples "sinfulness" or "righteousness" and assign it a numerical value like it's some kind of a credit score (and even worse, people ascribed "theories" to predict what your morality score would be in 10 years). It would seem like a dystopian sci fi story.

Right, I didn't include eigenvalues so everything I said must be false.

Eigentell you missed my point about science being about repeatable statistics, and not about cosmic purpose, design, or morals ;)

• Haha 1

If memories are not stored, how is the pattern stored for the neurotransmitters that reconstruct memories at synaptic junctions?

Leprechauns store them in a magical memory box. 

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You have zero chance of being saved if you don't believe in anything. Those people have Satan as their father.

Why do you think people need "saving" at all?

Why do you believe a Satan exists and that YOU know what he's up to?

You make plenty of claims and I've seen no reasons put forth for anyone to take your assertions seriously.

3 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Do you want eternal life or not? There is only one way to achieve it.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Why would I want eternal life? Why would you want eternal life? 

3 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Everything I have said in this thread is plausible, someone isn't going to come in here and say it can't be right. If this ends up being right you will have nowhere to hide. If there is sin there is a Satan, if there is a Satan, there is a God.

You can't be right. :) Hide? From your imagination? Sin, Satan, God ... your imagination.

Another Catholic who is off the reservation?

8 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Leprechauns store them in a magical memory box. 

Umm, show me where memories are actually stored. It was legitimate question. 

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

Umm, show me where memories are actually stored. It was legitimate question. 

You first. 

I'm saying you aren't going to find it in a physical brain.

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

I'm saying you aren't going to find it in a physical brain.

Not in the physical brain...therefore Jesus Christ.

• Haha 2