Goodbye Jesus

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

pittsburghjoe

The shoulders of giants, guys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_on_the_shoulders_of_giants#:~:text=Standing on the shoulders of giants is a,gone before in order to make intellectual progress".

I'm reusing one of BAA's sharpest blades.

All kudos to him for forging it.

Thank you.

Walter.

Goodbye Jesus
4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

... Great minds think alike; and, for whatever reason, so do ours, I reckon.

And all we can do is watch and marvel.  🙂

4 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Oh-h-h  Walter....

I believe you woke this morning and decided to play a little rougher.

And how is that God would hold Adam responsible for what his silly-assed childish wife did?

Was God not able to see that Eve was just too damned stupid to be put in such a situation?

Would not Adam have been able to understand that himself, given that he was this spiritual/celestial being?

The bible uses all that metaphor to conflate a physical, real apple (or whatever fruit) by describing it as being just too tempting to ignore (like women with chocolate) and the spiritual aspect of the 'apple' being in reality this body of knowledge and spiritual awareness.

I wish I could do business, or enter a courtroom, or submit my taxes using metaphor and b.s. as substitute for facts and reality.

A very young man I know once made one of the wisest remarks I've ever heard:

"It's isn't smart to allow women or children too much time on their hands or have unrestricted access to money".

(with apologies if this sexist remark is offensive to anyone...  )

And again, I am today ashamed that I allowed myself to be led into belief that some such event's happened in the Garden, uncountable millennia in the past, and somehow an accurate. actual record of that somehow originating somewhere, somehow.  

Let's just wait and see what Joe writes, AlreadyGone.

Ok?

:)

Hey, it's a bright sunny afternoon and I'm off for my walk.

To hell with it!  🙂

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

@pittsburghjoe, please attempt an answer to WalterP's question.  Thank you.

Hi Joe!

According to the Who's Online facility you last visited this forum 10 minutes ago and are now currently viewing this thread.

You can't hide your movements or activities from us, you know.

From them we can surmise that you've read my question and the RedneckProfessor's polite request that you answer it.

Please do so.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Hi Joe!

According to the Who's Online facility you last visited this forum 10 minutes ago and are now currently viewing this thread.

You can't hide your movements or activities from us, you know.

From them we can surmise that you've read my question and the RedneckProfessor's polite request that you answer it.

Please do so.

Thank you.

Walter.

I think it's evident that no straight answers shall be forthcoming. Personally, I'm done with this one.

Personally, I would still like to know what his understanding of entropy is. I know that was 20 pages ago, but it's an important factor in his quantum scalar wave collapse trinity of spooks function.

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Personally, I would still like to know what his understanding of entropy is. I know that was 20 pages ago, but it's an important factor in his quantum scalar wave collapse trinity of spooks function.

Ain't gonna happen. 

1 minute ago, florduh said:

Ain't gonna happen. 

I know, but dreams die hard and you hold them in your hand long after they've turned to dust.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Personally, I would still like to know what his understanding of entropy is. 

Particle waves become increasingly decoherent the further into sin they fall.  

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You know Entropy as degrees of freedom and disorder ..right? Ask why God would want to have anything to do with disorder. This place is possible because of what he did, but he didn't want us to be physical. There is death here. Entropy likes heat ..so does Hell. The closed systems required for entropy are scalar volumes.

Hello again Joe.

I have a question for you.

Genesis 2 : 15 - 17.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 

17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

At this point, how could the totally innocent Adam know what death was?

Thank you.

Walter

2 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Hello again Joe.

I have a question for you.

Genesis 2 : 15 - 17.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 

17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

At this point, how could the totally innocent Adam know what death was?

Thank you.

Walter

You guys have a tendency to claim if something isn't in the Bible it couldn't have happened. The Bible is a guide. If it was important for us to know how Adam knew about death ..it would have been in there. God walked around with Adam daily, it might have come up before.

18 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You guys have a tendency to claim if something isn't in the Bible it couldn't have happened. The Bible is a guide. If it was important for us to know how Adam knew about death ..it would have been in there. God walked around with Adam daily, it might have come up before.

I'm not doing that, Joe.

I'm simply asking you how Adam could have known what death was when god warned him about the tree.

Once again you are accusing me of doing something that I'm not.

So, please answer the question I AM asking you.

Thank you.

Walter.

4 hours ago, WarriorPoet said:

I am so sick of this.

Joe, you repeatedly show yourself to be just as clueless as other people have said you are.  You really think that we just like sinning?  I've got some news for you.

Nearly all of us once believed as strongly as you do now.  One day we realized we didn't anymore, there are more stories in the Testimonies section than you could ever hope to read.  One part of losing our beliefs is realizing that this is all there is, there is no magical paradise in the sky that we will go someday.  One other thing we realize, everyone that we love who has passed away isn't waiting for us.  We will never see them again.  That can be really hard for many ex-believers.  We have to deal with death, for real.  We don't get the benefit of the bedtime story that believers have.

Can you possibly entertain the thought that I would do nearly anything to see my dad again?  For just a minute, try to imagine (limited as your imagination may be) how much I want to have another day with my grandfather, or anyone else that I loved that has died.

Do you really think that I would rather keep doing anything you call a "sin" if it would keep me from the people I love?  Because I wouldn't, and neither would nearly anyone else.  But no, you come here spouting some bullshit that you heard from the pulpit from a preacher that has no more interest in the lives of ex-christians than you do.  You wonder why people lose their tempers and yell at you over the internet?  It is because you don't have a single clue about anyone that doesn't fit into your bubble.

You are mad at me because if you see the light you might get to see your relatives? Seriously? This is your angle of attack? The guy talking about a peaceful universal wave that has everyone saved entangled in? You are projecting your anger. You would rather chance it with this cesspool reality ..right, okay.

38 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You have the tendency to accept whatever you are told by your religion without asking questions about logical inconsistencies in the bible or religious doctrine. 

If someone has to eat a fruit to gain the knowledge of good and evil, then they didnt have knowledge of good and evil prior to eating the fruit. How would that person know that God is good and that they should follow his order if they dont know what good is? How would that person know that the serpent was evil if they dont know what evil is? So, being the first people on earth, whipped into existence just like that, no parents giving them years and years of moral guidance, this God, whoever he is says, "Dont eat that fruit." Why would someone without knowledge of good and evil pay any attention to God? 

This is usually the point where Christians make up crap. They insert their own explanations into the bible that aren't there. It's better to make up crap than face the fact that their scripture is absurd. 

1 minute ago, midniterider said:

You have the tendency to accept whatever you are told by your religion without asking questions about logical inconsistencies in the bible or religious doctrine. 

If someone has to eat a fruit to gain the knowledge of good and evil, then they didnt have knowledge of good and evil prior to eating the fruit. How would that person know that God is good and that they should follow his order if they dont know what good is? How would that person know that the serpent was evil if they dont know what evil is? So, being the first people on earth, whipped into existence just like that, no parents giving them years and years of moral guidance, this God, whoever he is says, "Dont eat that fruit." Why would someone without knowledge of good and evil pay any attention to God? 

This is usually the point where Christians make up crap. They insert their own explanations into the bible that aren't there. It's better to make up crap than face the fact that their scripture is absurd. 

The garden was all good. They knew what is was by being in it. We know about both now because we are swimming in evil. Good and Evil is the positive and negative scheme false religions use because they don't realize their is a layer above this one where there isn't a balance.

Adam: Yo, Eve, God said not to eat that fruit. 

Eve: Oh yeah? That's nice. Nom Nom. 

Adam: Yeah, he said we'd die if we did. 

Eve: Sweet! Nom nom. What's die, mean?

Adam: I dont know. Can I haz a bite?

Eve: Sure, here.

Adam: Nom nom.

Eve: Nom nom.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You know Entropy as degrees of freedom and disorder ..right?

Ok, so you don't know what entropy is. Thanks for confirming. Well I am much disappoint.

Ask why God would want to have anything to do with disorder. This place is possible because of what he did, but he didn't want us to be physical.

This goes against your own doctrine. God is all knowing and all powerful. If he didn't want us to be physical we wouldn't be. The mere fact that we are indicates that either God planned this, God didn't want it and is therefore not all powerful, or God don't real. I'm picking the last one.

There is death here. Entropy likes heat ..so does Hell. The closed systems required for entropy are scalar volumes.

Dear Lord Jesus, even Jesus muttering about giving his body to be eaten made more sense than this.

Folks this thread is on the fast road to no where. We aren't getting straight replies. I still don't know how entropy relates to the quantum scalar wave collapse trinity of spooks function. I'm giving it another hour for those active here then I'm locking the thread. So say what you want to say, make it high quality cause after that we're finished here.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:17 PM, pittsburghjoe said:

If you're not physical ..that usually means you are quantum waves. The point is for you see this physical reality as a test. To consider that maybe you should look for the way out of it.

Joe, I see your statement as an implication that all the physical pushes and pulls of life actually have meaning.  "Find your way out" has implied meaning.  "Test"  has meaning.  All the pushes and pulls on my body as it "battles" to remain at some equilibrium means that that equilibrium is somehow "God"?  You would please clarify one, that you might define meaning, and two, a mechanism between our physical and this equilibrium?  

..beginning to wonder if perhaps this is all a little too deep for me.

WWTD?  (What Would Tesla Do?)

nikola-tesla- small.jpeg

Joe,

Once again its late here and I'm going to log off in a minute.

So, I'll add another question for you to answer.  

When answering this second question, please take this into consideration.

God could not have told Adam what good and evil were before Eve took the fruit - because of Genesis 3 : 22.

Genesis 3 : 22  (After Adam and Eve had eaten the fruit.)

And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

You see what the text says?

After god discovers what Adam and Eve had done he says... 'NOW'. 

This means that before that moment Adam couldn't have known what good and evil were.

God says so.

It's there in b&w.

Now for my second question.

How could Adam have known what good and evil were when god warned him about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

Thank you.

Walter.

6 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Ok, so you don't know what entropy is. Thanks for confirming. Well I am much disappoint.

This goes against your own doctrine. God is all knowing and all powerful. If he didn't want us to be physical we wouldn't be. The mere fact that we are indicates that either God planned this, God didn't want it and is therefore not all powerful, or God don't real. I'm picking the last one.

Dear Lord Jesus, even Jesus muttering about giving his body to be eaten made more sense than this.

Folks this thread is on the fast road to no where. We aren't getting straight replies. I still don't know how entropy relates to the quantum scalar wave collapse trinity of spooks function. I'm giving it another hour for those active here then I'm locking the thread. So say what you want to say, make it high quality cause after that we're finished here.

Is this the den or not? Closing the thread because your sick of new ideas? Tell me what you you think entropy is. We are experiencing the choice Adam and Eve had, but from within the fallen reality. We are choosing disorder (entropy/sin) or order (peace). Adam and Eve got us into the mess, but we have the choice to get out of it with Jesus.

8 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Joe,

Once again its late here and I'm going to log off in a minute.

So, I'll add another question for you to answer.  

When answering this second question, please take this into consideration.

God could not have told Adam what good and evil were before Eve took the fruit - because of Genesis 3 : 22.

Genesis 3 : 22  (After Adam and Eve had eaten the fruit.)

And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

You see what the text says?

After god discovers what Adam and Eve had done he says... 'NOW'. 

This means that before that moment Adam couldn't have known what good and evil were.

God says so.

It's there in b&w.

Now for my second question.

How could Adam have known what good and evil were when god warned him about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

Thank you.

Walter.

Another tendency of the members here is to think sin couldn't be in the garden for a couple minutes. Ridiculous.

Adam didn't need to know what evil was. God told him he would die and to not touch it.