Goodbye Jesus

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

pittsburghjoe

Sorry AlreadyGone.

I just thought that a perfectly good god would also be a perfectly just one too.

A god who wouldn't allow his book to unjustly besmirch the reputation of a innocent woman.

Silly me!

10 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It is relevant to this entire thread. ..all of my threads.

So I misunderstood, those two components of the post are not intended to go together?

OK, no problem.

But it means you ignored and deflected my question.

And, as an aside:

Are you in fact an adult Joe?  Seriously, not being factious, just curious.

(but don't use this additional question to duck the above... again)

2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I'd be concerned if she didn't know that.

Isn't the bible god truth?

If Eve didn't know, then the bible is lying by omission of the facts.

18 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

..it just didn't make the Book.

Good editing is everything in the publishing game.

"For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal"

You seeing the connection to particles being temporal ..and waves being eternal?

14 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Sorry AlreadyGone.

I just thought that a perfectly good god would also be a perfectly just one too.

A god who wouldn't allow his book to unjustly besmirch the reputation of a innocent woman.

Silly me!

Well it's a little late for you... hope you have a blissful night.

"For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal"

You seeing the connection to particles being temporal ..and waves being eternal?

Well, god's instructions to Eve not to even touch the fruit are not seen in the bible.

So that must make them eternal.

1 minute ago, alreadyGone said:

Well it's a little late for you... hope you have a blissful night.

Yeah, you're right.  I should go.

Goodnight!

It doesn't matter if it was Adam or Eve ..we always end up taking it.

Just now, WalterP said:

Yeah, you're right.  I should go.

Goodnight!

Didn't mean to usher you out...

Hell, you're being as clear and lucid as anyone here..

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I'd be concerned if she didn't know that.

As would I.  But if you read the entire account (actually, both accounts) of Genesis 1-3, you will see that god never actually spoke to Eve at all about trees, or fruit, or dying.  Now, god is omniscient, which means he knew that Eve would ultimately be the one to bring original sin into the world, and with it, the deaths and suffering of untold billions of god's children in eternal damnation.  Yet god never once spoke directly to her about how critical it was that she made the right decision concerning the fruit.  WHY?  

Instead, he instructed the man.  We are left to assume that Adam told her what god said.  But, when it came time for Eve to make the most critical decision in the history of humanity, she said something that was simply not true.  She said that god said that they were not allowed to even touch the fruit.  But god never said that in his instruction to Adam; and he never said anything at all to Eve.

So where did this lie about touching the fruit come from?  It is easy to speculate that maybe Adam told her that god said that, even though god didn't, just to make sure Eve understood the gravity of the situation. But then where did Adam's mistrust of Eve come from?  And why did god not impress upon Eve said gravity himself?  It's also easy to think maybe Eve made it up on the spot.  But, how could she have has the propensity to lie, when sin had not yet entered into the world?

Where did this lie come from, joe?  If Adam and Eve were still perfect, innocent, made in the image of god, why were they lying to each other and the serpent?

• Like 1

What part of her knowing to not touch the fruit are you not getting?

Pretty sure things happened in history that didn't make it into the Book.

Joe, are you beyond the age of 16?

It's a sin to lie...

7 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

Hell, you're being as clear and lucid as anyone here..

Continuing to argue with a person concerning their delusion is like pouring water on a ducks back, and expecting it to eventually soak in.  Do a google search on delusional disorder.  If you enjoy what you are doing here, by all means continue.  But, you are all spinning your wheels.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

What part of her knowing to not touch the fruit are you not getting?

The part where she knew not to touch the fruit.  Now, please answer the question: where did the lie come from?

Just now, Weezer said:

Continuing to argue with a person concerning their delusion is like pouring water on a ducks back, and expecting it to eventually soak in.  Do a google search on delusional disorder.  If you enjoy what you are doing here, by all means continue.  But, you are all spinning your wheels.

No argument there.

And coincidentally, I need to make my exit here.

Be well everyone.

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The part where she knew not to touch the fruit.  Are you really this fucking stupid or is this just an act?

She knew because God made sure she knew. Either by himself or Adam. Doesn't matter. God sees all.

Ugh this guy brings apologetics to a whole new level huh? Kinda like the "si fi" version? As if Christianity needed anymore fiction lol. 

If physical sin isn't allowed in God's Kingdom, how was the tree and fruit represented to Adam and Eve? Was is made of Angel sin which isn't physical? Is the link to this physical fallen reality Satan's sin? Are we swimming in Satan's sin and need Jesus to get out of here?

• Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

She knew because God made sure she knew. Either by himself or Adam. Doesn't matter. God sees all.

Show me.  Show me the verse upon which you are basing this.  No more of your unfounded assumption billshit.

Joe, I COMMAND YOU to do a Google search of delusional disorder,  and tell me what you think.

4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Show me.  Show me the verse upon which you are basing this.  No more of your unfounded assumption billshit.

Are you joking? You are asking how God knew, for sure, Eve would know not to touch the fruit?

• Super Moderator

Are you joking? You are asking how God knew, for sure, Eve would know not to touch the fruit?

Where did god tell her, joe?  Which verse?  Answer the question. 

Joe, have you done that Google search of delusional disorder yet?