Goodbye Jesus

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

pittsburghjoe

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

...  Repaint, you thinner!

Don't neglect good surface preparation and primer.

• Haha 2

Curious how Jesus got into a locked room.

John 20:19

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

via Tim Cheong

• Super Moderator
58 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Pretty sure anything that leads to God doesn't have Satan's involvement. 

That's exactly what Satan wants you to believe.  Oh, son!  You're as fucked as an altar boy on confirmation day. 

• Haha 1

Well, technically it does have Satan's involvement in that physicality is related ..so it's just something Satan doesn't want you to think about.

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

..so it's just something Satan doesn't want you to think about.

Joe knows the mind of God, knows the mind of Jesus, knows the mind of Satan . . . probably knows everything about ALL the mythological creatures.

12 minutes ago, florduh said:

Joe knows the mind of God, knows the mind of Jesus, knows the mind of Satan . . . probably knows everything about ALL the mythological creatures.

Well clearly he has studied with great deliberation and enlightenment.

"When you are a bear of very little brain, and you think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and other people are looking at it."

-Winnie-the-Pooh

• Super Moderator
57 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

John 20:19

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

via Tim Cheong

Must have been using the same vectors and waves as Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The less-esoteric view might be there was a rear entrance of which the others were not aware. I've done this. If I can...

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It explains why Astreja refuses to do so.

Shaddup, mortal.

9 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

And Astreja's heart is probably a fount of bright glorious light compared to my own.

I wouldn't go that far - I have my moments of cynical heavy sighing and WTF-ness - but thank you for the lovely compliment.

11 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It's like the first QM experiment ever. Just question it if you don't want to burn.

Qm idolatry

Again, consider if Satan wants you to consider what duality is about.

18 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I think you are Satan.

38 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

WEB
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceful, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
WE
First of all, when God makes people wise, they are holy. They do not fight. They are gentle. They listen to what other people say. They are very kind and do many good things. They do not quarrel. They do not say what is not true.
WYC
But wisdom that is from above, first it is chaste, afterward peaceable, mild, able to be counseled [persuadable, that is, easy to treat, and to be treated], consenting to good things, full of mercy and of good fruits, deeming without feigning.
YLT
and the wisdom from above, first, indeed, is pure, then peaceable, gentle, easily entreated, full of kindness and good fruits, uncontentious, and unhypocritical: --

Christianchat is pretty laid back, while Joe is really jacked up. 

3 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

it's just something Satan doesn't want you to think about.

52 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You keep referring to Satan but you must know that we don’t believe that Satan exists. A reading of the Old Testament shows how this mythical figure grew and grew over the centuries, from a mere agent of God to an evil demigod almost on a par with God himself. 

The tempter in the garden was merely described as a serpent, and it was only centuries later that the serpent was retroactively treated as an incarnation of Satan. 

Early in Jewish history a “satan” was an agent assigned by God to test humans, as

in the book of Job.  The satan operated only within limits set by God. 

It was only in the couple of centuries BC that the modern concept of Satan as the source of all evil emerged.  The Jews were struggling with the fact that they suffered defeat and calamity even when they obeyed God, not just when they turned their backs on him.  So the idea of Satan as a powerful rival to God emerged, a rival acting in opposition to God and tormenting His people  in spite of their righteousness.  The idea that an all-powerful loving god would allow this was difficult to accept, so the idea developed that God would only tolerate this state of affairs briefly and would soon overthrow evil once and for all and establish his kingdom of righteousness right here on earth.  Jesus, if he existed, evidently thought he was the herald of this new kingdom, which he promised would occur in the lifetime of his disciples.  Of course that didn’t happen and evil still exists.  It’s just not caused by an evil supernatural being.  The stories of Satan and Hell (which is also a later invention) though fictional, have tormented generations of adults and children alike, sadly.  

• Like 2

If there were a Hell (tm), would not those of Jewish heritage and faith believe it also? 

As God's chosen, surely they know what's what.

• Like 1

Satan went by many names. No one is getting that the Bible is a Guide.

Jews didn't recognize their own savior. They will convert in end times when they see they were wrong.

2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Satan went by many names. No one is getting that the Bible is a Guide.

Jews didn't recognize their own savior. They will convert in end times when they see they were wrong.

Looks like Jesus failed to make it plain to them who he was.

• Like 1

How does Jesus die for our sins when the Jewish authorities think he is God?

4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

How does Jesus die for our sins when the Jewish authorities think he is God?

I don't understand... why would Jesus be impaired or inhibited by what the Jews think of him?

Just now, alreadyGone said:

I don't understand... why would Jesus be impaired or inhibited by what the Jews think of him?

And what does that have to do with the Jews believing in a literal hell?

Stop casually moving the goalpost around.

3 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

And what does that have to do with the Jews believing in a literal hell?

Stop casually moving the goalpost around.

We are in the precursor of what becomes Hell. Do you need told where you are?

5 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

You're not getting the purpose of Jesus to be here in the first place.