Goodbye Jesus

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

pittsburghjoe

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No.  Thrre is no chance that I did not see the light.  Using the same evidence and criteria as you are using now, I was as certain I had seen the light, and been born again, as you are.

But did you see this place for a cesspool? Or were you just believing because that was how you were raised?

2 minutes ago, webmdave said:

This is interesting to me. How come you are able to see the light when others are not. Are you spiritually superior? 

I feel like I have the Holy Spirit in me. Others do also.

5 minutes ago, webmdave said:

So I must prove my sincerity to your idea? I still don't know what to do. Never been a wave. 

Why me? I not special. The wave ideas are just to point out what this place is.

• Admin
Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

I feel like I have the Holy Spirit in me. Others do also.

Are you saying that those who think your beliefs are silly are devoid of value, only fit for eternal torture? Really, juat because of a lack of belief in your ideas? 

1 minute ago, webmdave said:

Are you saying that those who think your beliefs are silly are devoid of value, only fit for eternal torture? Really, juat because of a lack of belief in your ideas? 

I already said the fire thing scares me. I have no say in that. I just know we followed Satan and that is what it leads to.

• Admin

It sounds to me like you are saying that if I don't agree with your ideas, then I will be eternally condemned for the thought crime of unbelief. 

Well, basically. We are on the road to hell. There is only one way off of it. 

• Admin

So, if I am kind to others, live with integrity and am honest in my dealings, none of that matters? All that really matters is that I share your belief? 

There are false religions that bank on that. Yes, Jesus is the only way. 

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

But did you see this place for a cesspool? Or were you just believing because that was how you were raised?

I have seen both beauty and hideousness in this life.  Neither belief nor lack thereof has altered those sights.  

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I have seen both beauty and hideousness in this life.  My beliefs did not alter those sights. 

It should have. This place is literally sin.

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It should have. This place is literally sin.

That is a matter of perception.  But the underlying implication of your statement is that i must not have seen the light because otherwise it would have blinded me to the beauty of life.

What a sad life you must lead.

• Like 1

I don't even drink anymore. I don't feel the urge to sin. I think that means I have the light.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

There are false religions that bank on that. Yes, Jesus is the only way. 

Joe, I hope you will one day extricate yourself from the odd cult that has captured your imagination. Any entity that would condemn a human to eternal punishment for merely having the incorrect thoughts would be a monster.  Any entity that would condemn someone to everlasting punishment for temporal "sins" would not deserve even polite respect. 

You are promoting an horrific idea. You are terribly deceived. Please get some help. 

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I don't even drink anymore. I don't feel the urge to sin. I think that means I have the light.

As I said, using the exact same evidence and criteria, I was as certain as you are.

3 minutes ago, webmdave said:

Joe, I hope you will one day extricate yourself from the odd cult that has captured your imagination. Any entity that would condemn a human to eternal punishment for merely having the incorrect thoughts would be a monster.  Any entity that would condemn someone to everlasting punishment for temporal "sins" would not deserve even polite respect. 

You are promoting an horrific idea. You are terribly deceived. Please get some help. 

You're not getting that you put yourself here. God is offering a way out.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I don't even drink anymore

If these ideas of yours keep you from drinking, then more power to you. However, if these ideas of yours are not true, you are still not drinking, which means your temperance, self control, etc., has always actually been within your power. You do not need the magic feather of religion to fly. 

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

As I said, using the exact same evidence and criteria, I was as certain as you are.

Okay, so what was the turning point?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You're not getting that...

You are not getting that you are living in a fantasy world little different from an alcoholic fog. Please seek professional help. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

God is offering a way out.

I like my life just fine. I feel pity for you that your life is so depressing and worthless to you that a relationship with a pretend god is your current chosen reality. Please speak to a professional counselor. 

Some of us aspire to a peaceful eternity. What do you tell yourself when you hear about near-death experiences?

• Admin

Joe, may I ask how old you are? 

• Super Moderator
21 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Okay, so what was the turning point?

If you wish to know my story, you can find it in the testimonials forum.

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I've already been there, I was probably worse than you. It dawned on me a couple years ago that this reality doesn't add up.

Thank you for your projection, but I am not "worse". I note that you completely side stepped the question: What would convince you that God isn't real and your faith is meaningless? 

I don't want a justification of your current belief, I want to know what would convince you otherwise since you are insinuating that we here are set in our beliefs and nothing could change it.