Goodbye Jesus

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

pittsburghjoe

4 minutes ago, Astreja said:

That's what I'm seeing too.  Joe is so obsessed with avoiding hell that he's essentially given up on the real world and all its beauty.

I'm going to take my chances with "sin," and music, and kittens, and pretty sunsets.

This beauty is run with authority of Satan.

I'm just asking you to question why Wave-Particle duality is a thing.

Just now, Astreja said:

I read the Bible.  I found it utterly unconvincing.

I don't care. You are missing the point of what a guide is.

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

This beauty is run with authority of Satan.

I just asking you to question why Wave-Particle duality is a thing.

Wave-particle duality exists.  I'm not questioning that.

I sincerely believe, and have believed for many decades, that the god you worship is fictional.  Trying to link something real (the wave-particle duality) to a fictional being (your god) is rather silly of you.

2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I don't care. You are missing the point of what a guide is.

It's not a "guide" for me.  Deal with it.

Question the duality from a scientific point of view ..it doesn't make any sense.

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

Question the duality from a scientific point of view ..it doesn't make any sense.

When something doesn't make any sense, that's when you dig down and come up with testable hypotheses in an attempt to explain it.  You can't arbitrarily jump from step 1 ("Wave-particle duality?  We need to investigate this") to step 10 ("Therefore a god has to be involved, and of course it has to be the god *I* believe in, and therefore everything in this particular book has to be true because otherwise my life is meaningless, confusing shit.")

23 minutes ago, Astreja said:

...I'm going to take my chances with "sin," and music, and kittens, and pretty sunsets.

And bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Astreja said:

When something doesn't make any sense, that's when you dig down and come up with testable hypotheses in an attempt to explain it.  You can't arbitrarily jump from step 1 ("Wave-particle duality?  We need to investigate this") to step 10 ("Therefore a god has to be involved, and of course it has to be the god *I* believe in, and therefore everything in this particular book has to be true because otherwise my life is meaningless, confusing shit.")

It's like the first QM experiment ever. Just question it if you don't want to burn.

1 minute ago, alreadyGone said:

And bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.

Practicing magic with pieces of string

These are a few of my favourite thiiiiiings...  🎶

3 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It's like the first QM experiment ever. Just question it if you don't want to burn.

You think questioning a physical phenomenon can save you from a batshit insane god's wrath?  Heeheeheeheehee!

Perhaps Joe, if you had an interferometer..

But instead you're flying by the seat of your pants, aren't you?

1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It leads to the light.

Nope.  That's pure nonsense.

Joe, you are wasting the only life you will ever have on a bunch of silly crap.  I predict that when you die, you will not wake up in heaven.  You will simply die.  Your brain will decay.  Your memories will disappear.  All that will remain of you is whatever you managed to accomplish in the physical world, and any memories that remain in the brains of people who knew you.

I choose to embrace the real world.  There is nothing you have that I want, nothing at all.

It's weird how someone with such a dark heart could be soo interested in nature. I think you are so sold to Satan you don't know which way is up.

5 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It's weird how someone with such a dark heart could be soo interested in nature. I think you are so sold to Satan you don't know which way is up.

You're the one who worships a god that allows people to burn for eternity, and you think I'm the one with the "dark heart"?

18 minutes ago, Astreja said:

You're the one who worships a god that allows people to burn for eternity, and you think I'm the one with the "dark heart"?

Alrighty Joe, you're up next.

I believe I would punt if I were in your shoes at the moment.

35 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

It's weird how someone with such a dark heart could be soo interested in nature...

Ya know Joe, I'm very into nature myself.

And I believe that doing unto others as I would wish to be treated is the only rational way to live. I believe that I have a responsibility to be kind to others, and that those of us able to do so should be generous and charitable to those less able.

And I like puppies.

And long walks on the beach, at least every few years or so.

I did believe in a God. And a Satan.

I simply do not any longer.

And I truly do not intend this to be offensive, but folks with your views and propensity to make up stuff to support your closely-held beliefs convince me all over again that there truly is no God.

I wanted there to be, but there isn't.

So I had to adjust my thinking and expectations accordingly.

And Astreja's heart is probably a fount of bright glorious light compared to my own.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I'm just asking you to question why Wave-Particle duality is a thing

Did it ever occur to you that Satan created the wave-particle thing to deceive you?

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Did it ever occur to you that Satan created the wave-particle thing to deceive you?

Ohhhh.  You did-nt.

Could the entire Christian belief as related in the Bible be only a plot by some evil supernatural being to deceive the gullible believers?

8 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

My job is to flip whatever excuses you have on it's head. This isn't possible for me anymore. Aliens wouldn't even do it.

Your "job". May I inquire as to who gave you the job? No, wait, you are probably going to say God or Jesus gave you the job right?

How did we get onto aliens? You are all over the show you know. You barely seem able to hold a coherent thought two posts running. However I have deduced that nothing would convince you of your current beliefs. You are... how did you put it to us... "set in your ways". See where as I'm open to being shown evidence that is different from my current understanding, you are not.

• Super Moderator
36 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

See where as I'm open to being shown evidence that is different from my current understanding, you are not.

He used the words "vector" and "scalar."  What the fuck more do you want from him?

53 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

He used the words "vector" and "scalar."  What the fuck more do you want from him?

And all peer-reviewed, no doubt.

• Super Moderator

I'm telling you, Satan put the waves and particles there to deceive you.  Satan often appears as an Angel of Light.  Guess what also goes around disguised as particles and waves?  Motherfucking LIGHT!  You've been deceived, joe; and jesus is pissed about it, so he's going to throw you into hell.  Repaint, you thinner!

• Haha 1

Pretty sure anything that leads to God doesn't have Satan's involvement.