Goodbye Jesus

Open Club  ·  34 members  ·  Rules

OPINE CLUB

Vaccine awareness 😉

florduh

Bummer!  But I have a hard time getting too concerned about Covid anymore.  But then I am vaccinated and boosted.  I’ve been holding off on a second booster, to see if they come out with a combined flu-Covid shot in late summer or early fall.  That would be better targeted at the latest versions of Covid, I’m assuming.   

There seems little doubt the vaccines aren’t very good at preventing Covid anymore, but they do seem to give a lot of protection against serious illness or death.  I’ll settle for that.  

Hope you get over this bout quickly, buddy!

• Like 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
5 hours ago, TABA said:

There seems little doubt the vaccines aren’t very good at preventing Covid anymore, but they do seem to give a lot of protection against serious illness or death.  I’ll settle for that

Just found out that my boys aunt and uncle on their moms side just got it. And they have had all the shots and boosters. So yeah. Definitely not very good at preventing it. He has COPD so I hope his doesn't get severe. 

The data I've seen shows that as covid becomes more virilent but less deadly the vaccines are less effective against preventing it, especially after 5 months. However, the vaccines do unequivocally help prevent serious infection. This is shown in the data where non vaxxed people are multiple times more likely to end up in ICU than vaxxed people.

I've just had covid. Knocks you around a bit. Glad I got the vaccine and boosted cause it would have been worse without it.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:13 PM, DarkBishop said:

Just found out that my boys aunt and uncle on their moms side just got it. And they have had all the shots and boosters. So yeah. Definitely not very good at preventing it. He has COPD so I hope his doesn't get severe. 

Just a follow up. My boys uncle with copd did not have any bad issues during his bout with covid. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Remember the dark days of the pandemic, back Spring of 2020?  Scary times.  My cousin and my neighbor died of the Rona early on, so we took it seriously.  My wife has serious health risks regarding the Rona, and my health ain't what it used to be.  So we were ready to ride it out with no help from the hospital if that's what it took.

I emptied the stock of N-95's from several local hardware stores (this was in March 2020).  Kept some, shipped the rest to friends and family.  Had the oxygen tank for my torch filled.  Stocked up on oxygen masks and tubing, various supplements, a pulse ox meter, hydroxychloroquine, horse paste and antibiotics for a possible secondary infection.  

We got all the jabs.  I'm aware of the controversy, and I'm not concerned about it so long as they're willing to aspirate the needle (and that hasn't been a problem).

And for all that trouble... neither of us got sick at all.  Despite being exposed numerous times, and not taking the mask thing seriously since probably early 2021.  The Lard works in mysterious ways :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 10/11/2022 at 5:30 PM, RankStranger said:

And for all that trouble... neither of us got sick at all.  Despite being exposed numerous times, and not taking the mask thing seriously since probably early 2021.  The Lard works in mysterious ways :)

No jabs for me. My wife got the jab. She damn near died when she got Covid after doing so. She and her mom both had it at the same time. I took care of them during that time and never got the virus. 

Then around Christmas of 2021, several months after my wife and mother in-law had it, I got it. Had a friend of mine set me up with ivermectin and vitamins. That knocked it out in about 2 and a half days.

I'm the only person I know that didn't get the jab and got the virus anyway. The others haven't got it so far.

Glad to see you're still around Fwee.

I can't blame people for avoiding the jab.  It's a tough decision, and even in hindsight I don't know which is/was the 'right' call.  I've had good results- four years after the Rona first appeared in China, I've never managed to get sick from it.  But my mother-in-law nearly died from the jab.

I don't plan any further jabs unless/until people start dropping like flies from a new variant.  

Coming in mid/late 2024? 😆

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.