Goodbye Jesus

Challenge for Christians - GO and preach!

Checkmate

Why don't we get together and organize a cult of Cat Worship? Cats I've known have been clearly superior to me and most other higher primates. Plus it'd be a great tax dodge.

I can't join. I'm allergic to cats. Hence the chocolate cult.

Although, theoretically, you could be a member of both. They don't exactly contradict each other. ;)

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Checkmate

• Vixentrox

• dogmatically_challenged

• Vigile

Sorry guys, the Ancient Egyptians beat you for the cat cult over 3,000 years ago. I say We make our own bible, With neon Pages, glow in the dark words, titanium binding. Then We prove our faith is right By bashing it Against a bible, destroying it. Then everyone will bow to the might of our bible! :woohoo:

That is what I am going to discuss in the case I will make for the existence of God that does not include any logical fallacies...stay tuned...but be patient...work got awfully busy this week, and I own the place...

Impossible.

Oh no! I feel the Spirit of Kalam coming over us again!

Sorry guys, the Ancient Egyptians beat you for the cat cult over 3,000 years ago. I say We make our own bible, With neon Pages, glow in the dark words, titanium binding. Then We prove our faith is right By bashing it Against a bible, destroying it. Then everyone will bow to the might of our bible! :woohoo:

I so totally like the Neon Pags and Titanium. Super kewl!

Oh no! I feel the Spirit of Kalam coming over us again!

Which would start to make it rather "Spooky" in here... :thanks:

CHALLENGE TO CHRISTIANS: GO into the world and preach the gospel!

Don’t just hide behind your computer screen, debating fruitlessly with us heathens here at Ex-C!

Don’t simply hide in your comfortable, air-conditioned home or office, arguing religion safely ensconced in the blanket of American free speech!

Stop preaching your faith in a country that is FULLY aware of Christianity, and is already dominated by “Christian” thoughts and values!

Why don’t you hypocritical Christians, quit being cowards, stop making excuses, OBEY your “lord Jesus”, and “GO into the WORLD and preach the gospel”!?

Isn’t THAT the Great Commission?  Matthew 28:19-20?

Take your Holy Ghost filled self, and your precious “armor of God”, and GO into Muslim dominated countries (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Indonesia, etc.) and preach the “good news” to THESE lost souls!

Don’t hide behind any feeble excuses such as, “But God hasn’t called me!”

Nonsense!  Not only is every believer “called” to do this, but “Jesus” COMMANDED IT!  He said “GO into the world”, not send out prayer requests and satellite TV transmissions!

So…what’s the hold up?

Go on!  Sell everything you have.  Quit your jobs.  Abandon your families.  And follow in the footsteps of “Jesus”!  “Glory be to gawd!”

Tertullian said, “The blood of the martyrs is seed for the church.”

Well?  Go plant some seeds, you gutless wonders!

Of course, NO American Christian worth his cable TV, will EVER do any of this.  They love their worldly possessions too much.  They don’t REALLY believe in “God’s” promises of protection, or necessary sacrifice of life when “He” decides it’s time for them to die.

I am SICK to death of Christians.  Always demanding that WE believe “God” and their bible, when it’s painfully obvious that even THEY don’t believe!

And don’t tell me about how OTHER Christians have done just what I have proposed.  So what?  How does that excuse YOUR unbelief and disobedience to the “Great Commission”?

Obviously their message did NOT get through, since whole NATIONS are still NOT believing the “message of the cross”.  It seems to me that YOU Christians still have work to do abroad, and your FEW missionaries and Evangelists are not up to this daunting task alone!

Get out there and help them!  (I’m sure your Pastor would agree with me!)

I want to see it!  I want to see an exodus of millions of Christian missionaries, forsake all and go into Muslim dominated nations, where the penalty is DEATH for preaching anything other than Allah, and take one in the heart for the “lord”.

It’s SO easy to pretend you are a “suffering saint” here in the safe confines of America.  Where the worse things that you must “suffer” here are people who won’t vote YOUR Christian agenda into law, allow prayer in schools, or see the “Ten Commandments” taken out of Roy Moore’s courtroom.

But it’s another thing to preach boldly and fearlessly in the face of people who will horribly KILL you for being a believer in “Christ as King”.

You Christians have no right and no standing on THIS forum, to preach righteousness to US, when you won’t do as Jesus commands YOU.

IF you truly believe this God/Jesus stuff, then why delay?  What are you waiting for?  Stop telling me about the miracles of St. Paul and how he “boldly” proclaimed Christ everywhere HE went.

YOU do it!

[but if you CAN’T see your way to take up this challenge, I fully understand.  You’re not a “True Christian” ™, but in reality a closet atheist who doesn’t REALLY believe any of this bible BS, and you just hang out with church folk for the social benefits.  I understand.  Truly, I do!]  :loser:

52% of your posts are in Debating with Christians

Whats your deal?

Why debate with Christians on an ExChristian site?

There are many sites available for someone to express their veiws about the falsehoods or unbelief in Christianity.

Anyhow, the Great Commision. Yes, the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all people. I do. Do I have to go to these different countries to do that. No. Sometimes, God uses Christians that hold fast His word right where they are.

Does a troop in the Army go to battle and not know how to use their weapons. No. Neither does Gods people. If you know the Bible, then heres my reference, from a depressed yet revealing possible Solomon. There is a time for everything.

If you say you dont believe that the Bible is true, or that there is any Gods, than Why do you care so much? Does all this God talk bother you?

I would get more detail, but I will just stick to your thoughts. Why dont you just block the Christians? If you are so sick of everything, then dont reply(or create topics for that matter).

I think you are sick of people that have strength and stay steadfast with the Book. Question,

Did you see alot of hypocritical people in church?

If yes, then why didnt you say who cares to them, and say in similar to your blog, Me and my house will serve the Lord.

Muslim region. Jesus said all nations will hear the Gospel, and after all these things the end will come. Hear, not accept. Just like the End, not continual.

If you are claiming that Christians should go preach, because Jesus said so, then you should also claim what Jesus said about the End, and its harvesters. The people that live on Earth in the End. The wars that will go on in the End, and the Spirit that will fall on all flesh. Yes, even those that dont believe. That leads you to the Spirit of the AntiChrist, which Jesus said is already here

:Wendywhatever:   YoYo, there is no "spirit of antichrist", get over it.

Its in the Book, that is in concern for what is being assumed Christians here should do, from this topic.

Are you saying that in your own beleifs about Christianity(myth), and not saying that this is just not there?

Whats your deal?

There are many sites available for someone to express their veiws about the falsehoods or unbelief in Christianity.

Well, actually many members here have and are still active on other "Christian" sites, but the problem is usually that their rules disapproves any questioning of the Christian beliefs, and most people get blocked quite early on even when the questions are valid and not abusive.

I think this website have far more openess towards Christians visiting and debating, than the Christian sites have against apostates.

So, sorry, your question has no grounds. We would if we could.

Whats your deal?

If you say you dont believe that the Bible is true, or that there is any Gods, than Why do you care so much? Does all this God talk bother you?

I would get more detail, but I will just stick to your thoughts. Why dont you just block the Christians? If you are so sick of everything, then dont reply(or create topics for that matter).

I love this. I ask a simple question, pose an uncomfortable position, and immediately each Xian wants to sidetrack the issue and debate ME on MY hostility towards them. Lovely.

Look, Yo-yo, I think I've addressed MY personal ire with your presence here on at least three occasions. (You probably have done your research already since you KNOW where I spend most of my time.) So I won't belabor the point and won't repeat myself.

Suffice it to say: THIS is an EX-Christian forum.

I AM an Ex-C. Ergo: I BELONG HERE.

YOU are a Christian™. YOU do NOT belong here.

You are the interloper, NOT ME.

I don't seek Xians out for debate. YOU come here. If you did NOT come here, I would say NOTHING to you. But since you DO come here, I have the right, nay, the obligation, to take a chunk out of your ass.

Good enough?

As to why YOU Xians bother me? And WHY I am SO concerned? Well how about THIS for starters:

Former President Bush stated that he did NOT think that ATHEISTS could be considered American citizens.

Now, color me nutty, but THAT smacks of "hate speech" against a minority group. If YOU Xians had your way, YOU would round up people like me and my friends here at Ex-C, and deport us or kill us.

I MAY be an atheist, but I was born in THIS country. I served in THIS country's military for 21 years. (Retired veteran.) I pay my taxes that support every RELIGIOUS agenda that comes from Washington. I AM A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY JUST AS MUCH AS YOU ARE!

So EXCUSE the fuck out of me if I get a bit pissed (concerned) about the "Christian Agenda" to "take this nation back for Christ"!

An isolated statement or mindset, you say? I don't think so:

(Joe Lieberman in 2000 campaign)

"There must be a place for faith in America’s public life," he argues, and he calls on the congregation to "reaffirm our faith and renew the dedication of our nation and our selves to God and God’s purpose." Then, in what will become one of his most inflammatory statements on the campaign trail, Lieberman warns his listeners "never to indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion."

(Thank you, Texas Free Thinker for this quote!)

"Block" Xians, you say? I can't afford to risk ignoring you. As we discussed recently on ANOTHER thread, we must "man our battlestations" against people like you. We can't afford to ignore you, because you OBVIOUSLY won't just "go away".

I would LOVE to go onto Christian Forums and challenge you people, but MY opinions are not welcome there. People like me get "banned" and censored for speaking against Xianity. (I'm an "evil atheist" after all.)

Unlike HERE, where people like you have the gall to question how and where I spend MY time on these forums. And you do so freely.

YoYo, please do me a favor...IF you're going to participate here, then stay the fuck away from any personal evaluations of me and my motives.

Just answer the fucking questions. If you dare. If you can.

This isn't about ME. It's about YOU and YOUR agenda to fuck with me and my private life. :fdevil:

thankful

The whole issue is are you doing what the bible says you should be doing. Mark `16 calls ON ALL BELIEVERS, not just a few and if you aren't casting out demons, preaching the good news, drinking poison and laying hands on and healing people then it is obviuos that you are not a "true" Christian.

Only believers in Christs message can do miracles and anyone who can't does not really believe in jesus and is going to hell for thier unbelief. It all or nothing according to the book of Mark.

16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

I'm with the writer so far. After all whats the point of preaching the "truth" if you don't really believe it. The gospel message is about jesus, the son of god, dieing for our sins that we may be saved. We must believe in the gospel of jesus to be saved.

16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 

If we read the whole chapter the writer sure does seem to put a lota emphasis on the word 'believe'. What does the writer mean here by believe? Belive what? That jesus died for our sins? That jesus is the son of god? Xers gota believe in these things to be saved. This is what the writer is saying here.

16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe;

Here the writer is, putting emphasis on believe again; JUST LIKE HE DID ABOVE IN 16:16. Gota believe jesus is god and died for our sins. That jesus is the only way to god. Thats all parts of the good news an xer must BELIEVE and share with others.

16:17..In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;  "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 16:18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

How to tell a person that believes jesus is the only way to god and has died for our sins that we may have salvation.

A person that believes jesus is god and is our salvation will:

cast out devils,

speak in tongues,

handle serpents,

heal the sick.

And the believer in christs salvation can:

drink deadly poisons,

( No wonder most xers don't care about polution. It can't kill them. hehe. )

16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Jesus died for nothing. No one believes in him. %100% or to be open minded, hehe, %99.9999999 christians are nonbelievers and will burn in hell according to mark.

16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the WORD with signs following. Amen

According to this bible writer folks who believe that jesus is the son of god and died for our sins to give us salvation, should do this. % 99.9999999 christians are nonbelievers and will burn in hell.

A god intelligent enough to design the whole damn universe can't possibly be this stupid. Allegedly christ died for our sins; but what the hell for if he won't help xers believe? A god must establish some trust first in order for an honest faith in things hoped for from bible god. Xian faith is dishonest faith if the xer can't do miracles. Xers should be able to do the miracles described by the book of mark.

Any xer that asks folks to believe in jesus without the ability to do miracles is a hypocrite and is not qualified to spread the good news. Xianity deserves to be written off as mythology.

Guest danhawkeye
We hate lukewarm Christians just as much as you do, I assure you.

Y'know what? This is part of what burned me out on Jesusanity. Nothing you do is ever good enough.

You are never giving enough. You are never praying enough. You are never evangelizing enough. You are never going to church enough. You are never Jesused Out To The Max enough.

I never really felt "Born Again" till I left that mindwarping soul sucking bullshit.

It feels good to be free. Thanks for reminding me, Aaryn101.

Also, first post! I've been lurking here for a while, but that one finally drove me to register and post.

Also, first post! I've been lurking here for a while, but that one finally drove me to register and post.

Welcome to the fun-house!

Welcome, danhawkeye :wave:

I'm just north of you in PA.

Dan

Guest Unborn Again

I've wondered for a long while why Christians proclaim a "perfect god" yet the god they talk about is so imperfect and bipolar: jealous and angry one minute, loving and forgiving the next. I mean, make up your mind already! Isn't medication available in heaven?

And would a "perfect" god sentence non-Christian yet otherwise nice, decent people to an eternity of hellfire?

I've wondered for a long while why Christians proclaim a "perfect god" yet the god they talk about is so imperfect and bipolar: jealous and angry one minute, loving and forgiving the next. I mean, make up your mind already! Isn't medication available in heaven?
A perfect God needs not the medication... or at least that's what it thinks.
And would a "perfect" god sentence non-Christian yet otherwise nice, decent people to an eternity of hellfire?

Of course it would...

The damn thing's got bipolar disorder and doesn't take medications to control it, remember?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest no surprises
CHALLENGE TO CHRISTIANS: GO into the world and preach the gospel!

Don’t just hide behind your computer screen, debating fruitlessly with us heathens here at Ex

>clipped a lotta repeated long post<

with church folk for the social benefits.  I understand.  Truly, I do!]  :loser:

Well Grinch...I gave it a shot...not super preachy or professional...The area that I spoke in would be considered like Samaria...hopefully I'll have the opportunity to go to the ends of the earth. On this day I was speaking to church attenders...I speak to non-church attenders 5 days a week, but it's not usually recorded. If you want to check it out, just click on my name...Jeff Kuntz on 8/21

http://christredeemer.com/index.cfm/method...6530FFE4BE6EF7D

I have a mutli-part question and even though I know it can't or won't be answered correctly and honestly, I continue in vain to ask it anyway since Xtians and other religious zealots think their dogma is the answer.

Why is it every time an atheist/agnostic/doubter asks a question, to which we want a answer, that has, is and or can be proved scientifically as well as physically (i.e. see, touch, taste, or hell I'd even settle for smell), it is always countered with beliefs or quotes from a book or document, such as the the bible, the Koran, the <insert your hitchhiker’s guide to eternal damnation here>, which contains religious doctrines that haven't been proven to be truthful in any aspect? The theory of a God, Allah, Jesus, the holy spirit, <insert your diety of the week here>...none of them hold water. Why shout their names from the rooftops, so to speak?

These books were all written by man, subject to interpretation and the only "proof" anyone has regarding these documents is historical parallels with other stories of heroes and gods that have been documented and passed down through the generations. Just because you read it in a book, does that mean you do it without any type of incontrovertible proof that the book's teachings are tangible and true?

I have other questions but I'll see what type of answer or shitstorm this gets me into first :crucified: Maybe I'll just save them for a rainy day. :grin: I need to know what it is about any diety that no one has ever met, seen, touched, talked to, or can even prove exists that can cause you to try and pollute an entire planet with delusions of granduer. No Pavlovesque responses, please.

Hey, I was interested in this site so I became a member just to let you all know. I look forward to talking to you about whatever. Call me Dario...or hi ho whatever.

Thank you for the welcome thankful. So you guys(girls) don't mind if Christians come on here?

No, not at all.  What we do mind are those with an arrogant attitude.  I believe that stems from presumptions and not reading any extestimonies.  You are not allowed to post on the testimony board, however, it may give you a better understanding of why many of us (some after decades) are apostates.

Well, I can promise you that I am not arrogant. I enjoy having discussions only if they are done in a respectful way. I will not come across as having all the right answers, but I will answer every question as truthfully as I can. When I say truthfully I mean, what I think is true. I will respect you in hoping for respect in return. You, Thankful, sound respectful so I'm assuming I don't have to worry about that. I will read the ex-testimonies to see where you all came from. I will more than gladly try to answer any questions you may have about my faith or about what I believe in. I will be completely real with you; not hiding anything. I hope to hear from you soon.

:-)  Well, I don't respect Christianity at all but I can have civil debates with Christians.  However, there have been times when I've lost it, all depends though.  Just being honest with you.

That's cool, thank you for being honest. If you don't mind, what about Christianity don't you respect? If its too long of a reasoning don't worry about answering the question, I just want to get a discussion going.

We don't mind as long as they don't become instant assholes. So...about Katrina, gonna pray to make the storm vanish or isn't your faith strong enough?

That's cool, thank you for being honest.  If you don't mind, what about Christianity don't you respect?  If its too long of a reasoning don't worry about answering the question, I just want to get a discussion going.

Hello, Dario. I hope you and Thankful don't mind my butting in, but for you to properly understand WHY most of us apostasized you need only comprehend this one thing --

"I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods you will understand why I dismiss yours."

..........Stephen F. Roberts

I don't mean to be flippant, as you are seeking to understand our perspective, but I believe that the QUICKEST way for you to grasp our position is to look at why YOU reject Mormonism or Islam. When you articulate your reasons, THEN you will properly understand ours.

It probably appears that I'm cheating you, but please understand something: How would you feel like explaining why you don't believe in Santa Claus? The reason is painfully obvious and frankly you simply don't feel like wasting your breath.

I, personally, am TIRED of explaining why I choose NOT to believe in Invisible Sky Pixies. If anyone else feels compelled to explain point-by-point, I will most gladly step aside. I just don't feel compelled anymore.

As Thankful recommended, READ some EX-C testimonies. While they are not the SAME, they contain enough overlap to be virtually identical.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

We don't mind as long as they don't become instant assholes.  So...about Katrina, gonna pray to make the storm vanish or isn't your faith strong enough?

To be honest with you I haven't even thought of the hurricane because I've been too busy lately, so no, I haven't prayed about it. But you've motivated me to do so. And if you want to know what my prayers consist of then you can ask me, but if you want to know only to criticize me then don't bother.