Goodbye Jesus

To All Of God's Critics

Thumbelina

If I could +1 this, I would smile.png

All you have to do is click on the green arrow just underneath the post. Unless the feature is only available to ex-Christians. I don't know how the board would appear to an Authentic Christian Believer, or if that feature is disabled, or not. I didn't see the sex and Christianity subsection until I had made my 25th post. The edit feature also only appeared after that as well.

Edited to add. I've just remembered that I also couldn't give out reputation points until the ex-christians unite symbol appeared under my username either.

If Christian believers were allowed to give out reps then they would high five each other for spreading the faith.  There are already plenty of places on the interwebs where they can do that.  All we want is a safe refuge where we can get away from the mind sucking religion once in a while.

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

Fun yellow.gif

1. More powerful

2. Complete free will

3. Not (would contradict with free will)

4. None (would contradict with free will)

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

1. Equal

2. Complete autonomy

3. Impossible to hurt the all powerful me

4. No rules

Hello Mr mischievous lion smile.png

1. Equal ----- How can a created being be equal to an uncreated being?

2. Complete autonomy -------- Not possible for non omnipotent, omniscient beings

3. Impossible to hurt the all powerful me ----- What about if they can't get to you physically but hurt you emotionally by hurting their fellow created beings?

4. No rules --- Wonder what will happen on this planet if this rule was applied?

I phrased that wrong, God does not need us, He WANTS our love.

All you have to do is click on the green arrow just underneath the post. Unless the feature is only available to ex-Christians. I don't know how the board would appear to an Authentic Christian Believer, or if that feature is disabled, or not. I didn't see the sex and Christianity subsection until I had made my 25th post. The edit feature also only appeared after that as well.

Edited to add. I've just remembered that I also couldn't give out reputation points until the ex-christians unite symbol appeared under my username either.

Heeeey! Long time no see! Um, you had put your year of birth as 1901 or something like that, so I thought maybe since you are waaay past your three score and ten you ran out of blessings. Glad to know that's not the reason for you MIA. :)

Yeah, one gotta join the dark side to give rep points ;)

Sorry you are very anxious about hell *hugs*

I'd say the OP runs off the rails right at the start with the notion that God "had to" do anything. 

Hey, you are being a wee bit feisty, you're one of the peaceable lions, I had thought about giving you the nickname Asland.

God is a social and loving being, He created us to love and be loved by Him.

Fun yellow.gif

1. More powerful

2. Complete free will

1. More powerful ---- Can't happen, they need to be self existent.

2. Complete free will ---- You mean complete autonomy and not just a freedom to choose to obey or not, right?

3. Not (would contradict with free will) ---- You won't mind mayhem occurring? (Yeah, I know Mayhem is cute but ...)

4. None (would contradict with free will) --- So total anarchy for you?

You guys put up with my teasing and even with the times when I put my foot in my mouth. Some of you were kind enough to talk to me and to patiently explain certain things to me when you could have just ignored me or cuss me out. People from this website are in my heart. Thank you, lions for the experience.

I don't believe we've spoken before so I'll say hello and, regarding part of your comment - nothing surprising there because these folks are the REAL deal, plain and simple. I would even go so far as to suggest that perhaps they're what Christians should behave like but I'd be insulting them so I won't. But I think you get my drift, right?

You're a new lion around the den? Hello, put a paw here so I can shake it :)

Yes, I've seen qualities of many people here that made me like them and made me think this ws is better than many out there.

There are people who behave good and bad everywhere though, some Christians can be quite nice and some Exers can be quite nasty but I tend to judge fellow believers more harshly than I do unbelievers. I have been under virtual attack ( mostly non verbals in the form of a withering look and cold shouldering) from church Pharisees for months and the thing is I am a shy introvert who did not do anything wrong, am completely innocent. Ah well, they did it to Jesus so He said to EXPECT the same to happen to His disciples. However, I don't want to be as bad as them so I am learning life lessons.

Which is another reason why I believe Christianity is BS.  Christians are not different than non-Christians... Oh but the bible says we will know them by their fruit... Well, that's not true unless the definition of "fruit" in that verse is, "their proclamation of faith."

Lulz

Which is another reason why I believe Christianity is BS.  Christians are not different than non-Christians... Oh but the bible says we will know them by their fruit... Well, that's not true unless the definition of "fruit" in that verse is, "their proclamation of faith."

Lulz

You are somewhat right but God will judge, the wheat and tares have to grow together.

That's why we are not saved by being good; we are saved by faith. One Pastor told his children NEVER pray this prayer "God, please help me to be good?" We display fruit or behave good (relatively, we fall short of God's standard) BECAUSE we are saved and that is the sanctification process which lasts a lifetime.

Isn't it amazing that in the everything that god does seems to work out to appear EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT WOULD IF NO OUTSIDE AGENT HAD BEEN INVOLVED?

While the bible if full of instances of OBVIOUS divine events, these days christian bend over backwards to try and explain why these don't happen anymore.

I'll save you some trouble - rather than try to create/borrow an overly complicated theology, go back to the premise.  Everyone else in history (the judeo-christian history at least) got to expierince first hand divine events, now we have to settle for "an open parking spot?!? surely god is great!".

All I've ever asked for is the same proof Thomas did.  It's OK if I don't fall into the "most blessed" category, I'll take the lesser "blessed" category that Thomas was bestowed after asking for proof and receiving it.  Good enough for Thomas, good enough for me...

Lulz

You are somewhat right but God will judge, the wheat and tares have to grow together.

That's why we are not saved by being good; we are saved by faith. One Pastor told his children NEVER pray this prayer "God, please help me to be good?" We display fruit or behave good (relatively, we fall short of God's standard) BECAUSE we are saved and that is the sanctification process which lasts a lifetime.

And some of us will be judging YOUR god because, quite frankly, it leaves alot to be desired if it did exist which, of course, it doesn't. It comes down to this - those of you who follow the imaginary bully in the sky need to follow because you are incapable of doing otherwise. Those of us who have seen through the curtain, so to speak, know reality and chose to follow Truth no matter where it takes us. You live in a fantasy and we live in reality. Plain and simple.

For those who don't know about Thumbelina's track record in this forum, let me bring you up to speed.

She's been confined to the Lion's Den by the Mods for abusing a new member.  This isn't a punishment, but a means of safeguarding the vulnerable and the easily-hurt from her toxic influence.  That sanction is still in force.  The Mods don't do something like this lightly - so please draw your own conclusions.

The Mods placed the label 'Soapbox Christian' under her name, because of her interminable preaching from scripture - just as she's doing now, in response to your questions.  That sanction has been removed and she now has the words, 'Scared for the Lemmings' in place.  (Yes. That's right.  She thinks we're lemmings, rushing headlong to our doom.) 

Those of us who've had dealings with her think she's a Seventh Day Adventist.  We've even asked her if she is, but every time the question comes up, she steadfastly refuses to answer it.  (So what's she got to hide?)

Every so often Thumby 'pops' up and tries to make nice with new folk who aren't familiar with her ways and each time I post a message like this one, warning them about her.  Yep!  I'm one of those 'nasty' Lions she won't respond to and won't even acknowledge. Why?  Because what she calls 'nasty' is me telling it like it is about her - something she doesn't like one little bit.

Lastly, this one's for Raoul.

Wash your paw, man!  The next time you use it, have those claws out and ready to slice and dice this Christian.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

1. Equal

2. Complete autonomy

4. No rules

2. Complete autonomy -------- Not possible for non omnipotent, omniscient beings

3. Impossible to hurt the all powerful me ----- What about if they can't get to you physically but hurt you emotionally by hurting their fellow created beings?

4. No rules --- Wonder what will happen on this planet if this rule was applied?

1. What? Your god can't do that? Wow. Anyway, the answer is my god can create an equally powerful being because A. I dont put restrictions on my what my god can do B. my god works in mysterious ways, like yours does C. my god can defy logic ... apparently a bit better than yours. :-)

2. Not possible because your mode of thinking about god(s) is locked down to a dusty old book? Or did you have a reason other than "Cant happen."

3. I don't know. I haven't thought it out. Maybe I will create a place for eternal torture that I will send bad people... and I shall call it the Pentecostal Church. :-)

4. Not sure. How many tries do I get? :-)

I'd say the OP runs off the rails right at the start with the notion that God "had to" do anything. 

Hey, you are being a wee bit feisty, you're one of the peaceable lions, I had thought about giving you the nickname Asland.

God is a social and loving being, He created us to love and be loved by Him.

And if you don't love him you die. See evilbible.com for details.

For those who don't know about Thumbelina's track record in this forum, let me bring you up to speed.

She's been confined to the Lion's Den by the Mods for abusing a new member.  This isn't a punishment, but a means of safeguarding the vulnerable and the easily-hurt from her toxic influence.  That sanction is still in force.  The Mods don't do something like this lightly - so please draw your own conclusions.

The Mods placed the label 'Soapbox Christian' under her name, because of her interminable preaching from scripture - just as she's doing now, in response to your questions.  That sanction has been removed and she now has the words, 'Scared for the Lemmings' in place.  (Yes. That's right.  She thinks we're lemmings, rushing headlong to our doom.) 

Those of us who've had dealings with her think she's a Seventh Day Adventist.  We've even asked her if she is, but every time the question comes up, she steadfastly refuses to answer it.  (So what's she got to hide?)

Every so often Thumby 'pops' up and tries to make nice with new folk who aren't familiar with her ways and each time I post a message like this one, warning them about her.  Yep!  I'm one of those 'nasty' Lions she won't respond to and won't even acknowledge. Why?  Because what she calls 'nasty' is me telling it like it is about her - something she doesn't like one little bit.

Lastly, this one's for Raoul.

Wash your paw, man!  The next time you use it, have those claws out and ready to slice and dice this Christian.

Thanks,

BAA.

Scared for the lemmings = pathological co-dependency

"Wash your paw" made me lol.

I would create them so they would know my love and teach them to love each other and love them even when they got it wrong and I would never give up on them because that would then be my failure...Hey Wait!!   Thats how I treat my kids!!  It's too bad Christians cant understand that! unsure.png

• Like 1

And.... a real God would love us and not be so obssessed with whether we loved him back and,  when we mess up he would grieve that we hurt each other not be outraged that we :disobeyed"  him...sadly the Xian created "God" is an abusive, power mad,  jackass just like so many millions of fundy parents.. it is also sad that you, Mr Authentic dude, do not see the pathology in your own view of God...

• Like 1

Heeeey! Long time no see! Um, you had put your year of birth as 1901 or something like that, so I thought maybe since you are waaay past your three score and ten you ran out of blessings. Glad to know that's not the reason for you MIA. smile.png

Yeah, one gotta join the dark side to give rep points wink.png

Sorry you are very anxious about hell *hugs*

Trust me the year of birth is wrong by quite a huge margin. I lied about my age.

However, I have to agree with the responses given to you by my fellow non-Christians on here. It's not a case of joining the dark side. I fought like hell for many years not to find myself in the position I am now. I came to this board as a Christian 5 years ago, but after looking at the evidence presented on here and elsewhere. I ended up an apostate like the others on here. It's not quite what I had in mind 5 years ago, but I had to go where the evidence led me.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice BAA. Even though this was my first (I think it was first) reply to her I am very familiar with her modus operandi thanks to you and other members who actually started threads about her methods/personality/et.al. Her calling me one of the 'new' ones around here showed, once more, her shallowness - she didn't take any time checking me out before spouting nonsense. And naturally, I don't expect any reply back from her. I'm just sick and tired the way people like her come over here and subtlely(in their minds anyway) quote from the magical book of myths to us and think we're going to fall into any of their traps. They have as much contempt for us as many of us do for them with the difference being that we've walked their path and found it to be total bs. They seem to forget this very important fact. I mean, the freaking site is called EX-christian.net for krissakes! What don't they get?

• Like 2

Fun yellow.gif

1. More powerful

2. Complete free will

1. More powerful ---- Can't happen, they need to be self existent.

2. Complete free will ---- You mean complete autonomy and not just a freedom to choose to obey or not, right?

3. Not (would contradict with free will) ---- You won't mind mayhem occurring? (Yeah, I know Mayhem is cute but ...)

4. None (would contradict with free will) --- So total anarchy for you?

1. Something does not need to be self existent to be more powerfull (that is if self existent even exists). Humans are capable of creating things more powerfull then themselfs.

2. Nope i mean free will... to do what ever they want, wish includes breaking all laws (gravity, phisics etc). Same free will humans have right now.

3. Not at all, freedom is worth it.. and a god who would realy love its creation would agree.

4. Yep, still beats hell if you ask me.

What a puny god that would be if there were an actual need/desire to consider such quesitons.

Isn't it amazing that in the everything that god does seems to work out to appear EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT WOULD IF NO OUTSIDE AGENT HAD BEEN INVOLVED?

While the bible if full of instances of OBVIOUS divine events, these days christian bend over backwards to try and explain why these don't happen anymore.

I'll save you some trouble - rather than try to create/borrow an overly complicated theology, go back to the premise.  Everyone else in history (the judeo-christian history at least) got to expierince first hand divine events, now we have to settle for "an open parking spot?!? surely god is great!".

All I've ever asked for is the same proof Thomas did.  It's OK if I don't fall into the "most blessed" category, I'll take the lesser "blessed" category that Thomas was bestowed after asking for proof and receiving it.  Good enough for Thomas, good enough for me...

Hi, Mr Boy :). The book of John was/is geared to the doubting Thomas types; read it and ask the Holy Spirit to give you discernment and you'll be more blessed than Thomas.

Lulz

And some of us will be judging YOUR god because, quite frankly, it leaves alot to be desired if it did exist which, of course, it doesn't. It comes down to this - those of you who follow the imaginary bully in the sky need to follow because you are incapable of doing otherwise. Those of us who have seen through the curtain, so to speak, know reality and chose to follow Truth no matter where it takes us. You live in a fantasy and we live in reality. Plain and simple.

God IS on trial but alas, many people do the things stated in my sig' and are therefore unable to see His love and mercy.

1. Equal

2. Complete autonomy

4. No rules

1. What? Your god can't do that? Wow. Anyway, the answer is my god can create an equally powerful being because A. I dont put restrictions on my what my god can do B. my god works in mysterious ways, like yours does C. my god can defy logic ... apparently a bit better than yours. :-)

2. Not possible because your mode of thinking about god(s) is locked down to a dusty old book? Or did you have a reason other than "Cant happen."

3. I don't know. I haven't thought it out. Maybe I will create a place for eternal torture that I will send bad people... and I shall call it the Pentecostal Church. :-)

4. Not sure. How many tries do I get? :-)

Read my response (future) to creative.