Goodbye Jesus

Get Your Prayers Answered Now!!!

Fweethawt

:Hmm: Imminent peril?  :Hmm:

I'd wager she's talking about the end times. I feel sorry for her, it must be really tiring to live your life awaiting for the world to be destroyed one moment or another. :grin:

Back to Amanda's statements. Well, I think that both compassion and the ability to do good don't need something supernatural to exist. Maybe, you're persuaded that we indeed need something supernatural to act selflessly because you still carry with us some heritage of traditional christian raising? (you know, how all people are basically sinful and dirty unless something supernatural called christ helps them to purify themselves and become good?) :)

A mix of genes, personal predisposition, and education (which, in turn, is received differently depending on this personal predisposition and genetic factors) can IMHO explain why people can and would want to do acts of good (or miracles, as you call them, though I wouldn't use that term, it's too christianity-laden :shrug: ). We can't still, and maybe we will never be able to, explain the part that genes have about this subject, but we can already explain the way our experiences make us more or less inclined to become a killer or a nurse. That's what sociology and social psychology are there for, right? :D

On a bottom line, I have much more respect for atheists that spend their lives to help others because they just feel it would be right to do so, or simply to help people with their problems because of simple respect and love for their fellow human being, than I have for christians that spend their lives to help others because they've been taught that doing so means a Free Pass to Heaven: those are the people that wouldn't do shit if their bible said that helping others is wrong and sinful. Not to say that there aren't christians that help out of simple kindness of heart, of course, but they don't strike me as the majority as of now :shrug:

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

• Open_Minded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a bottom line, I have much more respect for atheists that spend their lives to help others because they just feel it would be right to do so, or simply to help people with their problems because of simple respect and love for their fellow human being, than I have for christians that spend their lives to help others because they've been taught that doing so means a Free Pass to Heaven:

Not to mention the parables that lead a christian to believe that the more they do in this life for others, and the more they give up, the greater their rewards will be in heaven.

You could make the argument that some christians live a life of selflessness and serving others for utterly selfish reasons. Greater eternal rewards. Bigger mansion. More treasures. More "well done, good and faithful servant"..

Like a lap dog trying to score a pet job from their master cause they performed a few tricks.

IMO, yes. The burden would be on the one praying for the un-believer. Some un-believers have even converted when their prayers were answered.

But of course, some people will scoff it off as "chance, co-incidence". So be it.

Obviously, I am an unbeliever. However, I wish that the Christian Right, people like Pat Robertson would be "taken out." I mean there is this vast secular conspiracy, against Christians in the United States as Robertson or Lindsey posits, so it might as well as just happen. Right? :HaHa:

Oh, I realize I am not really answering your post because I know what the fallacy of confirmation bias pretty well, which is something that you are alluding too in your last sentence. Something I suggest you should understand yourself.

Well, tomorrow is payday. Looks like I still have to make a trip to the pharmacy to get my wife's medication.

(Thank you, Science! :thanks: )

My dad missed work yesterday because of his legs/hips.

Can you people try a bit harder? :shrug:

Well, tomorrow is payday. Looks like I still have to make a trip to the pharmacy to get my wife's medication.

(Thank you, Science!  :thanks: )

My dad missed work yesterday because of his legs/hips.

Can you people try a bit harder?  :shrug:

It may help if you throw in a few prayers of your own. Errr... just a suggestion.

It may help if you throw in a few prayers of your own. Errr... just a suggestion.
You know, I just might give that a try. :scratch:

Waitaminute! :Doh:

I did already. :ugh:

Pug, if your bible God wasn't a liar, your prayers would have worked by now. If the bible God wasn't a liar, my prayers would have worked. (at one point)

Which is the reason that I asked you to intercede on my behalf. You are a True Believer™ whereas I must have never been. Get it?

Don't forget now, you're the one who said that you pray for things, and then they happen. That's why I came to you. :mellow:

[sniff, sniff!] What is that I smell? Ah, yes! That familiar odor of Christian bullshit and cop-out!

pug, YOU were invited to pray. To "intercede" for those who asked you to. Remember? WE are the unrighteous "sinners". Your "god" ain't on speaking terms with us. Never has been. THAT is why people came to YOU. You claim to have some special arrangement or annointing or something, that god recognizes. YOU are the "go-to" guy!

Well? What is the problem? Why are you so shamelessly trying to pawn off your responsibilities? Why are you already setting yourself up for a convenient excuse for failure? Don't tell me you're already going to blame Fweethawt for not having enough faith?

Naughty, naughty! :nono:

[sniff, sniff!]  What is that I smell?  Ah, yes!  That familiar odor of Christian bullshit and cop-out!

You claim to have some special arrangement or annointing or something, that god recognizes.  YOU are the "go-to" guy!

Whoaaaa... special arrangement? I may intercede on your behalf BUT no special arrangement.

Well?  What is the problem?  Why are you so shamelessly trying to pawn off your responsibilities?  Why are you already setting yourself up for a convenient excuse for failure?  Don't tell me you're already going to blame Fweethawt for not having enough faith?

The faith lies in the person praying NOT the person being prayed for. The blame and responsibility rest solely on my shoulders. Fwee, if some thing happens it may not be "exactly" what you pray for ~ just reminding you to be ready to accept it. And promise not to call it chance or co-incidence, ok?

Naughty, naughty!  :nono:

:phew:

Whoaaaa... special arrangement? I may intercede on your behalf BUT no special arrangement.

The faith lies in the person praying NOT the person being prayed for. The blame and responsibility rest solely on my shoulders. Fwee, if some thing happens it may not be "exactly" what you pray for ~ just reminding you to be ready to accept it. And promise not to call it chance or co-incidence, ok? 

:phew:

:lmao:

IF something happens (sounds like doubt to me), and it is NOT "exactly what YOU pray for, then how can we call it anything BUT "chance" or "co-incidence"?

If you pray for a CAR to own, but instead get offered a free ride to work one day, how can this be viewed as "answered prayer"? It's not even coincidence.

If you DON'T get precisely what was prayed for, how can anyone be expected to see this as "answered prayer"? Only a Christian would expect anyone to perform this mental gymnastic. It's disingenuousness at it's finest.

If we're only getting what "god" wants us to have, then what is the point in asking? Besides, "Jesus" ASK in his name, and HE WOULD DO IT. Not something close to it. But IT.

Stop trying to squirm out of the deal, pug. I'm watching you closely. I know all of the carnival huckster's tricks. (I used to be one.)

well, it's like asking Santa for a teddy bear and you get a cabbage patch kid

:lmao:

IF something happens (sounds like doubt to me), and it is NOT "exactly what YOU pray for, then how can we call it anything BUT "chance" or "co-incidence"?

Let's say I pray for a Porsche and somebody gives me one as a birthday gift. But it's a toy model. Is that an answered prayer? Yes and no, right? Or i inherit money to buy a real one on my own. Still not it, right? I guess only when a flash of lightning and lo and behold, the car materialises in front of me then you will say this is proof?

If you pray for a CAR to own, but instead get offered a free ride to work one day, how can this be viewed as "answered prayer"?  It's not even coincidence.

This, i'll pray for transport when my car breaks down.

If you DON'T get precisely what was prayed for, how can anyone be expected to see this as "answered prayer"?  Only a Christian would expect anyone to perform this mental gymnastic.  It's disingenuousness at it's finest.

Sometimes it happens. Prayed for rain (not me tho') and it did. So amazing, some Christians even shrug it off as co-incidence. And hey, i can't prove answered prayer. If it happens, it happens. Very idiotic i admit. But there you go.

If we're only getting what "god" wants us to have, then what is the point in asking?  Besides, "Jesus" ASK in his name, and HE WOULD DO IT.  Not something close to it.  But IT.

OK, something leading to it. Pray for an unattainable car, perhaps you land a job that will eventually make you being able to buy it? God wants you to have IT, but WORK for it (I think, i do not know God's plan or will ~ oops, another evasion). But i usually do not pray for materialistic stuff. God's grace for me is enough.

Stop trying to squirm out of the deal, pug.  I'm watching you closely.  I know all of the carnival huckster's tricks.  (I used to be one.)

:wicked: No tricks to watch dude. I've got another Boss watching even more closely.

Let's say I pray for a Porsche and somebody gives me one as a birthday gift. But it's a toy model. Is that an answered prayer? Yes and no, right?

I would say it's a no, because god obviously wasn't listening to your true intentions.

I would say it's a no, because god obviously wasn't listening to your true intentions.

Sure, but even if this god gives a real Porsche, we cannot know if he has been listening to the real intentions behind the request. Maybe a Maserati would have been more appropriate :grin:

Let's say I pray for a Porsche and somebody gives me one as a birthday gift. But it's a toy model. Is that an answered prayer? Yes and no, right? Or i inherit money to buy a real one on my own. Still not it, right? I guess only when a flash of lightning and lo and behold, the car materialises in front of me then you will say this is proof?

I'd say a toy is not an answered prayer but a joke. God knows what you mean. Inheriting money is coincidence. What if you get that money and don't buy a car? (After all "god" can take his sweet time answering some of these things so maybe you forgot about the car at that moment) I guess you went against "god's" will and sinned by not using the money for the reason "god" intended (and in answer to your prayer at that). Oh, that's right. "God" said no to the car since he knew you'd want/need this other thing. Let's say you get the car after all. Oh, that's right, "god" came through with the money in answer to your prayer. What if you get the car and some other thing with the money? "God" answered your prayer and gave you a little something extra. What if you get nothing? Oh, "God" decided that you didn't need anything. I wish I were "god" it's impossible to lose when everyone justifies your every (in)action (real or imagined).

This, i'll pray for transport when my car breaks down.

I'll pray for air to breath and water to drink. It worked! I have air inside my house and, I just checked, it's outside too. I also have little handles and when you play with them water pours out. Not just from one of them but from all of them. If you're going to go for the most general case then most anything can fulfill a prayer.

Sometimes it happens. Prayed for rain (not me tho') and it did. So amazing, some Christians even shrug it off as co-incidence. And hey, i can't prove answered prayer. If it happens, it happens. Very idiotic i admit. But there you go.

I prayed for rain too. It did. I thought it was "god" and fell on my face in awe. I accidently hit the TV remote on the way down and low and behold the weatherman was responsible (he even had prophesy about future rain...ALL CAME TRUE!). I now tithe 10% to channel 11.

You realize that people prayed everyday for the sun to rise, don't you? It did. They kept praying on the off chance it just might not rise. I can't say if anyone, anywhere in the world, isn't still doing this to the "right" deity so maybe it really is a prayer being constantly answered instead of just how our planet, sun and solar system in general just work.

OK, something leading to it. Pray for an unattainable car, perhaps you land a job that will eventually make you being able to buy it? God wants you to have IT, but WORK for it (I think, i do not know God's plan or will ~ oops, another evasion). But i usually do not pray for materialistic stuff. God's grace for me is enough.

Pray for knowledge and wisdom like I did. It'll be fun to watch your icon change from the little fishes. ;)

:wicked: No tricks to watch dude. I've got another Boss watching even more closely.

The wife?

mwc

P.S. You still have a little over two months to get me my zombie army. :lmao:

Inheriting money is coincidence. What if you get that money and don't buy a car?

Also, it would be downright cruel if it was god. Inheriting money usually means someone died. What kind of deity murders people to give other people cars? Not one that I want to worship.

Also, it would be downright cruel if it was god.  Inheriting money usually means someone died.  What kind of deity murders people to give other people cars?  Not one that I want to worship.

Well, that's why he really means that some rich old aunt, that was just going to die anyway, was influenced to will him the money. Oh, she was a childless widow too so he's not taking from her offspring. Nice and neat. I've got that warm fuzzy feeling now.

mwc

Not to mention the parables that lead a christian to believe that the more they do in this life for others, and the more they give up, the greater their rewards will be in heaven.

Our dear friend Jack T. Chick thinks so, too.

Remember that tract, Flight 66 I think it was called? But maybe it was Flight someothernumber, though.

The murderer that has been in jail and converted one guy (and that ends up in heaven) is saying to the good old couple which built hospitals and schools for the poor (and that ends up in hell):

"I can't IMAGINE how many CROWNS you are going to receive in heaven!"

So, yeah, it's all about rewards after death. Greedy greedy Xtians. :grin:

Someone has to get that picture, cut it and clean it and put it here on the thread, so that the Xtians can see it too :)

Pray for knowledge and wisdom like I did.

Hey, your prayer has been answered! Just look at you. Look at your vast knowledge and wisdom (from your seriously insightful post).

Now, I think you don't need help to pray for your zombie army do you? Amen?

P.S.  You still have a little over two months to get me my zombie army.   :lmao:

Zombie army? Cool! I want in on this prayer gravy train!

I want an an army of rats - giant, rabid sewer rats! Yeah, that's the ticket! We could have some awesome zombie/rat battles! :woohoo:

Hey, Pug, I still haven't gotten my financial freedom yet. If I win the Powerball, I promise to give some of it to one of the local churches, so get to praying, boy! Or do you want both me and my chosen beneficiary to suffer?

Hey, Pug, I still haven't gotten my financial freedom yet. If I win the Powerball, I promise to give some of it to one of the local churches, so get to praying, boy! Or do you want both me and my chosen beneficiary to suffer?

Dear Lord, LadyFeline wishes to enjoy financial freedom. But God, I'm sure You have some thing even better planned for her. In your time, according to your will, I commit LadyFeline into Your hands. May she receive a favourable answer. May she find an easier path to her financial freedom ~ I hope not through gambling on Powerball! But if it is your will, so be it. And Lord, please whisper to her, giving to a church is not as important to You as her complete faith ~ that is all You ask. In the precious name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, LadyFeline wishes to enjoy financial freedom. But God, I'm sure You have some thing even better planned for her. In your time, according to your will, I commit LadyFeline into Your hands. May she receive a favourable answer. May she find an easier path to her financial freedom ~ I hope not through gambling on Powerball! But if it is your will, so be it. And Lord, please whisper to her, giving to a church is not as important to You as her complete faith ~ that is all You ask. In the precious name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

Pray in private, or you're just praying to show how righteous you are...

Pray in private, or you're just praying to show how righteous you are...

He's been told this SEVERAL times before, and yet pug won't listen.

Why does this NOT surprise me? :shrug:

Some Christian™ once commented that the secret of prayer was prayer in SECRET.

Why is being a True OBEDIENT Christian™ SO very difficult for these knuckleheads? You'd think that with Holy Spook power, they'd be able to cope. But noooooooo! :loser::lmao:

It's almost so disgusting as some couple that every second you're looking in some other direction, is licking, kissing and bussing each other. You are even doing it to get our attention.

459c93b72108a1ba64a9080d86afa600_Likkken%20likken.jpg

Copyright: http://www.utregmassive.nl/