Goodbye Jesus

Get Your Prayers Answered Now!!!

Fweethawt

Oh, Pug... Still no financial relief. I've even been looking for work (as best I can, with no car and HORRID weather conditions), and still no financial freedom.

Dude, you've been at this for, what...? Four weeks? Five? More? It's obvious that Gawd's in the shower or something, 'cause he sure ain't answering your calls.

Oh Lady Feline, He has answered some of my prayers but my prayers for your financial relief... still praying for you. Ummm...well you know the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), no; no not now; yes, later.

Yes, why didn't you ask earlier? Hmmm...must be in the shower.

Yes, I'll bless you with even more. But in His own time?

OK, will pray for you. Have a merry and hopefully, a better Christmas this year.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

• Open_Minded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people recently asked me how my fourteen children are getting on. (They are mine only in the sense that I work in the child protection service and they are children on my caseload who are waiting for adoption or long term foster homes)

Pug has been praying for them to find homes before the next matching panel which was at the end of november.

I used to pray for the children on my caseload when I was a christian. It seemed that sometimes God said yes, sometimes he said no. I don't know if there is somekind of deity out there who can intervene, though my belief in 'christianity' is long gone, I veer from day to day between belief and non belief in some kind of god. I say the names of the children over and over and my hope that they find loving homes. Is that praying? God knows!

I believe in miracles. The kind where people do amazing and wonderful things and show heartstopping compassion and love for others. My heartbreaks at times because these miralces do not come as often as they should and there is such a need for them.

Pug believes in miracles - of the supernatural kind. I don't know if his heart breaks when they do not happen as often as they are needed. On one level I think that is a meanspirited uncertainity on my part - I have spent some time chatting to Pug and he seems like a really caring and compassionate individual, I guess my uncertainity comes from the fact that it appears that Pug is confident that God delivers the right number of miracles at the right time in response to the right prayers. I don't know if Pug will hold God to account. I'm going to ask him so we'll see ...

Four of the fourteen children were matched with families at the november panel. Three of these were already very much in the pipeline when I teamed up with Pug. In that the form'e's and form'f's had been exchanged (paperwork that describes the children and the families), initial interviews had taken place with the key workers and the families, and in one family they had also seen video of the child. All the feedback had been positive and the indications were that a match would ensue.

The fourth child is a younger sibling of one of the afrementioned three. It had originally been planned that this brother and sister would be adopted separately as each child had considerable health needs. This amazing couple however, believed passionately that brother and sister should not be separated. Several members of their family came forward with offers of respite care and ongoing practical support and they managed to persaude the panel that they could meet the needs of both children

They are an AMAZING couple - their compassion and determination blows me away. They also have a great sense of humour. They are truly wonderful people.

If God had a hand in this I would like to say thank you.

My heart is filled with gratitude to the families that had already come forward. I made enquiries with the Adoption Team, they had five new enquiries during the period of time Pug was praying. This is slightly lower than average and as yet none of these requests fro information have been taken any further.

If God had a hand in ensuring that the other ten children were not found families or if he took no action I'd like to say this to God -

'you complete and utter bastard.

What are you playing at?

Call yourself a father? Sod you.

You are a crap dad.

I wouldn't leave my own kids with you for five minutes.

You claim you can control the universe? You claim nothing happens but that you let it?

You claim you know what is going to happen and yet you let little kids get abused.

You are sick. You are complicit in child abuse. You need to be registered as the sex offender you are.

You clearly procur little children for abuse. You plan their lives for them. you are as guilty as if you droped them off at the house of their abuser in person. You watch while it happens. You sick sick bastard.

And not only do you not prevent it happening in the first place - you then fail to take action to find these little damaged souls somewhere safe and nurturing to heal. One of your faithful servants prays for these children. (I mean Pug here - not me, but then you knew that right?) He is touched with enough compasssion for their situation, children he has never met (while you claim to know each of them so well that you can number the hairs on their head) to pray for them - trusting that you in your mercy will hear his prayer - and then your answer is NO. Well f**k you God.'

'Lets talk details shall we - you and me God. You know who I'm thinking about. You know better than everyone, or so you claim, what happened to A during her guitar lessons with the youth minister from her church. You could have stopped it. What's wrong with you? You impotent excuse for a superpower.

I'm not going to go into detail outloud. I'm not in the business of retraumatising anyone who may not be expecting this rant. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID. You know about the walls I have to build in my head between good sex and bad sex just to survive, just to get up and breath some days, AND I ONLY LISTEN TO WHAT happened to others. God knows, you Bastard, how it feels for A.

I am so pleased he doesn't exist. I would so need to slap him if he did. (and Hesitent doesn't do pissed off.)

So Pug, my friend, (and you should know that this rant is not really directed at God, and is certainly not directed at you - but is directed at those empty beliefs that have gotten hold of you!) Is your heartbreaking? Is God's response good enough for you?

I am so pleased he doesn't exist. I would so need to slap him if he did. (and Hesitent doesn't do pissed off.)

I'd be right there to slap him with you. What a heart-wrenching time for these children, I just can't even begin to imagine the pain. As far as the 4 that have families now, great. Hesistent, you have such a big heart, I imagine that it sometimes takes everything in your being to not want to take em' all home with you.

One day - when my own kids are grown I hope to swap roles and bring some of them home.

Its a tough call - because there is a huge shortage of social work practioners as well - and part of the problem is that there is a shortage of staff to select, train and support adoptive families and work with the children before placement as well.

I got quite worked up calling Pug out on this one. Once I started on my imaginary rant - I did get really angry and upset! - so it sort of became real. Somedays I think I'm well and truly over my deconversion - but just recently I've been getting mad at the ridiculousness (sp?) of the beliefs, and how they allow people to do nothing.

OK so - now I have to go to your thread about annoying sayings and add those ones about 'all we can do is pray' and 'lets just leave it up to God'

grrrr - no lets not leave it up to God shall we - lets do what we do best - perform miracles and tackle the problems.....

Sometimes a prayer's reply can't be "later" pug. If I pray to do well on a project and the project ends and I didn't do well, that's not a "later" that is a "no". If I pray for rescue from some current torment and nothing happens and I get hurt, that's not a "later" it's a "no". If I pray to a child to live and they die, that's not a "later" pug, it's a "no".

So, nevermind the fact that Jesus himself declares that god will NEVER say "no" to any prayer, let's just pretend that's not in the bible (like you do, all the time, with a lot of verses). Let's just consider the nature of these "no"'s.

God helps you out on weather issues. He says "yes" to clearing up rain so you don't have to get too wet and your driving is pleasant. That's a "yes" to mild weather conditions.

God refused to stop the murder of 8 year old Holly Jones. He said "no" to stopping her killer from raping her, killing her, dismembering her, and putting her into seperate bags along the harbour. He said "no" to saving a little girl from torture.

God helped you give a successful project. He says "yes" to sticking his nose into your daily affairs in order to ensure that your employers are satisfied with you. That's a "yes" to getting you a good grade on your project.

God refused to stop the rape of and 8 year old and a ten year old by a pastor after their mother sent them to him for "spiritual healing". He said "no" to saving children from those who are supposedly His advocates on earth. That's a "no" to preventing spiritual rape in every possible sense of the word.

I think your god needs to reprioritize, pug.

I say the names of the children over and over and my hope that they find loving homes. Is that praying? God knows!

I don't know if you believe this or not, but actually that is a great way to send out spiritual energy. I have no idea if it works or not, but it's said it raises the energy vibration of one's body that will attract the same vibration from others. All the help will come from people, but it couldn't hurt to try to attract the ones that can help the most. :shrug: (I could just be losing my mind too!)

Hi Cerise,

Thanks for pointing out the obvious but... according to my twisted, brain-washed mind:

Sometimes a prayer's reply can't be "later" pug. If I pray to do well on a project and the project ends and I didn't do well, that's not a "later" that is a "no".

IMO, yes it's no now and because of the no I've learnt some new thing and later i could do better. Too optimistic huh?

If I pray for rescue from some current torment and nothing happens and I get hurt, that's not a "later" it's a "no".

Happened to me a lot of times. Torment, pressure, unreasonable demands. I try to think of it as later... sometimes even a definite no... so? Just move on I guess.

If I pray to a child to live and they die, that's not a "later" pug, it's a "no".

This happened to a friend of mine. They had a still born (their first child too) baby. Later, they had a second one. Did they treasure the second one more? Or learnt what not to do from the first one's death? I don't know. Another friend had a child with Down's Syndrome and he taught them stuff. This couple had even more reasons to question why, why why because they were really devout Christians. Why them? But this child had shown them stuff a normal child could not. Aaaah, I don't know. God is God.

So, nevermind the fact that Jesus himself declares that god will NEVER say "no" to any prayer, let's just pretend that's not in the bible (like you do, all the time, with a lot of verses). Let's just consider the nature of these "no"'s.

I'm not good with verses ~ you have confused me with some one else. I'm not particularly fond of the hymns and songs either. And I confess I yawn when I pray. Eeeerie. My pastor says it could be a trauma I experienced when I was young. A falling experience. Immediately i recalled falling off a bicycle (as a back passenger) when i was very young. We prayed to exorcise this death spirit. Errrr... i stopped for a while but i still yawn. Oh, well...

God helps you out on weather issues. He says "yes" to clearing up rain so you don't have to get too wet and your driving is pleasant. That's a "yes" to mild weather conditions.

That was very naughty and disrespectful of me. Imagine praying for rain to stop! I wanted a sign to prove to myself He exists and He showed me. Stupid me. IF you ever believe in Him again, do not be a rebel idiot like me, ok?

God refused to stop the murder of 8 year old Holly Jones. He said "no" to stopping her killer from raping her, killing her, dismembering her, and putting her into seperate bags along the harbour. He said "no" to saving a little girl from torture.

This is delicate territory. I don't know His plan. You and I know there are more "nos" to many, many more tragedies before Holly Jones. I too question and rant at His unreasonable "nos". Why? Why? No answer.

God helped you give a successful project. He says "yes" to sticking his nose into your daily affairs in order to ensure that your employers are satisfied with you. That's a "yes" to getting you a good grade on your project.

Also, another trivial request. If i plan it well why shouldn't the project be successful? Well, a lot can go wrong. Just praying for His blessing.

God refused to stop the rape of an 8 year old and a ten year old by a pastor after their mother sent them to him for "spiritual healing". He said "no" to saving children from those who are supposedly His advocates on earth. That's a "no" to preventing spiritual rape in every possible sense of the word.

Perhaps, that's my own opinion, He wants that church to be enlightened about their future choice of pastors? But, God, why sacrifice two innocent, young children? I don't know. God is God. Getting tiresome, isn't it? I'm questioning and searching myself. Yeah, why does God allow evil to exist?

I think your god needs to reprioritize, pug.

Ha ha, you tell Him yourself ~ the line is always open. Imagine your own kid telling you that? I'm sure you'll say you know what's good for him right? Don't touch that hot stove or be cruel to be kind and let him touch and ouch learn from it? Hmmmm...

So Pug, my friend, (and you should know that this rant is not really directed at God, and is certainly not directed at you - but is directed at those empty beliefs that have gotten hold of you!) Is your heartbreaking? Is God's response good enough for you?

Hesitent,

Yes, God's grace is good enough for me.

As for heart breaking, have suffered that many times (like all of us) and many more will come.

Pug, I 'm sure you are a really nice guy and Merry Christmas to you by the way. However, if you could sit back and read through our eyes what you just "rebutted' with you'd be fumin'. You have no clue how callous and cold each of your replies comes off as, matter of fact I'm so pissed that I'm going to stop writing before I put something down that I'll regret. In case you can't understand why here is a small hint -

Umm ok... look, if i write it in a more compasionate way would i then be accused of being a hypocrite and just wanting to sound warm and friendly? I just say it like it is. I think no matter what i say it'll never come out right. So i just say it. Someone may scream i'm chosen by God to be blessed (as if...). Some say self-delusion. Some ppl say i'm a nice guy, some say i'm a wimp. I'm just a new Christian stumbling along hoping He'll light my way. I certainly do not wsih to be callous or cold ~ but if i do sound like that, please ignore, forgive... or... your choice.

raped, tortured, neglected, oprhans and abused children being compared to a cry for rain. Put yourselves in our shoes and read your response and how it comes off. Sometimes it's best just to drop things, even if you don't get the last word

Cry for rain ~ i'm mocking, ridiculing the useless jerk of my miserable self!!! So many more atrocities around the world and i pray for rain. I should be struck by lightning this instant. I'm not seeking pity or anything but... whatever is happening to me and everybody in this world is amazing... ok ridiculous... why? why? I'm still seeking for proof, an answer.. a purpose?

If my kid told me I need to prioritize, I would take a look at myself and I would damn well reprioritize. Because I actually love my children and listen to them and want to protect them.

Can you say the same for you god?

If my kid told me I need to prioritize, I would take a look at myself and I would damn well reprioritize. Because I actually love my children and listen to them and want to protect them.

Can you say the same for your god?

He has His own way.

(But, in our human way, we always consider... errr... you know... you will say "that's a sick way of showing His love for His children"...)

I don't know why He acts the way He does. I definitely cannot speak for Him. Eeeek.

OK re-prioritize ~ spend more time with them ~ not on the forum. Ha ha kidding. Merry Christmas dear C.

Hesitent,

As for heart breaking, have suffered that many times (like all of us) and many more will come.

I meant - is your heartbreaking as a result of God's failure to protect and failure to answer your prayers in the affirmative for these fourteen children?

I see that you have pm'd me - I hope there is a little more substance there than in this meagre response.

How can you say - God's grace is good enough for me? He's supposed to be an all powerful God of love and yet he doesn't act?

Your suggestion to Cerise that sometimes children are abused because God wants to teach a congregation to take better care when appointing a pastor is VILE.

This questioning you are doing Pug ~ the thing you need to do is keep questioning, and not take the easy route out - deep down you know that saying 'God works in mysterious ways' and 'he has a plan we don't know about' is SUCH a cop outs.

The reason evil happens? - well the reason a lot of evil happens is that people don't care enough to challenge it. The rest - we live in an imperfect world and stuff collides.

People that have no belief in God and don't care enough say things like 'I've got my own life and I don't really care enough about other people's suffering to try and change it'

People who believe in God and don't care enough say things like 'I'll pray about that - Let's put it in God's hands' and they follow this up with 'who knows the ways of God? I'm sure it will all turn out for the best in the end'

People who believe in God and care enough get out there and do whatever they can to counter the evil that is in the world - get out there and do so.

People who dont believe in God and care enough to get out there and do whatever they can to counter the evil that is in the world - get out there and do so.

Pug, do what you have to do to put bread on your table and then if you care about the evil in the world - quit getting all angsty about it and get out there and counter it.

See, that's the thing, you admit that you don't understand God and that you don't know why he does certain things. Fine. Great start. Now, explain to me how you know you are then worshiping a "good" god?

But perhaps you don't worship god because he is good (supposedly)?

If this is the case, please give me your reasons for worshipping god.

Hesitent,

I meant - is your heartbreaking as a result of God's failure to protect and failure to answer your prayers in the affirmative for these fourteen children?

If i say no ~ i'm cold; if i say yes, hypocrite. If i say what failure? How to know He has another plan? Ooops going round the mulberry bush? Look, Hesitent, truly i can't answer your questions. If i say many others are suffering too. Vile?

I see that you have pm'd me - I hope there is a little more substance there than in this meagre response.

Nope. Nothing to offer.

How can you say - God's grace is good enough for me? He's supposed to be an all powerful God of love and yet he doesn't act?

If He does not act ~ maybe He loves me too much (act for me, not your 14). Maybe. Or that's it, i've used up my prayer to be answered quota. Errr... i really don't know.

Your suggestion to Cerise that sometimes children are abused because God wants to teach a congregation to take better care when appointing a pastor is VILE.

It is vile, isn't it? Well, another way, if there's no God, then it could be a smart con artist using religion to profit himself. Been done a lot of times before. If there's a God, wonder what his judgement would be!

Pug, do what you have to do to put bread on your table and then if you care about the evil in the world - quit getting all angsty about it and get out there and counter it.

Not angsty Hesitent. Just sounds like it. Yes, gotcha, will do my best to lessen the evil in this world.

See, that's the thing, you admit that you don't understand God and that you don't know why he does certain things. Fine. Great start. Now, explain to me how you know you are then worshiping a "good" god?

Good is relative. Sometimes good comes after the vilest evil act has been committed. And i will stop at that... or i'll be open to more questions (which i simply am not equipped to answer).

I have very few reasons. I believe in Jesus Christ because He has helped, guided, shown me in so many amazing ways. I've seen Him changing my loved ones. I have changed. I hope to change others, to glorify Him.

Back to "good"... sometimes i begin to think how can a good, loving God allow this? But if you look back to history... oooops, could be co-incidence, shit happens... i just wonder...

Good is relative. Sometimes good comes after the vilest evil act has been committed. And i will stop at that... or i'll be open to more questions (which i simply am not equipped to answer).

See my taggline. And then, shield your balls.

I have very few reasons. I believe in Jesus Christ because He has helped, guided, shown me in so many amazing ways. I've seen Him changing my loved ones. I have changed. I hope to change others, to glorify Him.

Well Satan changes people too, I've heard. Perhaps you'd feel better worshipping Satan?

Back to "good"... sometimes i begin to think how can a good, loving God allow this? But if you look back to history... oooops, could be co-incidence, shit happens... i just wonder...

Well that made no sense. If we look back to history, god was a bit of a neglective jerk then too. Co-incidence? Shit- happens? That's all you've got?

Maybe you should just stick to "I have no idea, I just believe because I want to."

Because as far as I can see, that's the only reason you have.

Pug,

When I asked you whether or not your heart was breaking it was a direct question not a quiz. There is no 'right or wrong' answer - there is just your response.

You are only a hypocrite if the answer was yes and you DO nothing about it - or if the answer was no, and you pretend to care.

You wonder what God's punishment might be for a pastor who abuses a little girl? Why according to your religion there might not be a punishment at all - he'd just have to say 'I'mtrulysorryforallmysinsandIacceptjeusuasmylordandsaviour' and God will say -'that's OK then!' of course if he doesn't repent, then his punishment will be the same as for any well meaning kindhearted earthly law abiding individual who has the misfortune not to hear and respond to the gospel.

Your god is easily pissed. ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god and he treats everyone the same.

If you really are going to do something about countering the suffering of others - I'm really chuffed, if this is the case then we worked a little miracle between us.

Ladies, Ladies,

Why are you so angry with a God you do not believe in? Be still.

Like I've said earlier I believe because He's shown me in supernatural ways. Oh how I wish it was just because "i just want to". He's also shown me how He has transformed my loved ones ~ like 360 degrees!

I'm such a rebel I test Him all the time! In ridiculous ways! Remember my "stop rain" tests? Crazy. The other day i tried one more. Parking space. You know when in a mall on a busy day ~ what are the chances of finding a space? Yet twice, praying in His name, a spot turned up right in front of me... somebody was leaving, presenting a space for me. Amazing cuz it was right in front of me.

And I'm ashamed to report that me the bad boy is still skeptical. So, if i'm struck by lightning right now... or kicked in the goolies by whoever... err, so be it. I deserve it.

Yes Hesitent i'm sad your charges are still suffering. Why is God sleeping on your case? I assure you I will keep knocking on His door till He acts.

pug, just shut up. shut the hell up about how god gives you parking spaces and then fucks over the children Hesitant has to find homes for. that's nothing to be proud of. that's nothing to brag about. you should be ashamed of yourself.

welcome to the iggy bin.

Holy Fuck. I don't know what is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Praying for a parking space.

Or thinking it was answered.

I feel sorry for ya man.

I prayed for a parking space once before, too. And after driving around and around for five minutes, one finally appeared right where I wanted it! Funny, but a car was there just minutes before. Talk about your miracles! "God" sure does work in mysterious ways.

pug, just shut up. shut the hell up about how god gives you parking spaces and then fucks over the children Hesitant has to find homes for. that's nothing to be proud of. that's nothing to brag about. you should be ashamed of yourself.

welcome to the iggy bin.

IF you read my above posts i'm not proud or bragging... just "explaining" why i'm still a believer. You did ask remember? What's the "pleasure" in bragging about a frigging parking space? It happened to me ~ i tell it like it is. The end. Who cares?

NOW what i really care about ~ I do so wish He will bless Hesitent's children (and be quick about it God!)rather than showing me He's real. That would be far, far better and be more beneficial. But God is God. Who am i to question His will?

Holy Fuck. I don't know what is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Praying for a parking space.

Or thinking it was answered.

I feel sorry for ya man.

Of course it's dumb. But when ya desperate... NOT thinking dude... it happened... right in front of me. Twice! Within a day of each other.

No need to feel sorry for me man. I feel blessed.

I prayed for a parking space once before, too. And after driving around and around for five minutes, one finally appeared right where I wanted it! Funny, but a car was there just minutes before. Talk about your miracles! "God" sure does work in mysterious ways.

:thanks:

I'm not good with verses ~ you have confused me with some one else. I'm not particularly fond of the hymns and songs either. And I confess I yawn when I pray. Eeeerie. My pastor says it could be a trauma I experienced when I was young. A falling experience. Immediately i recalled falling off a bicycle (as a back passenger) when i was very young. We prayed to exorcise this death spirit. Errrr... i stopped for a while but i still yawn. Oh, well...

You're kidding, right? :shrug:

Anyway, so you had a demon of yawing, and prayer in Jesus' name didn't make it go away?

What was the "answer" here? Why do you think that is?

:thanks:

Umm...pug, I don't think you get it, but THAT post...was SARCASM. Your praying for a parking space was being mocked and ridiculed. Why are you :thanks: ?

What a weirdo.

I prayed for something coincidental to happen and it did! :Wendywhatever:

mwc