Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

535632_10151504698161718_817645848_n.jpg

WTF?

WendyDoh.gif

I know my mantra here is turning into "This is why I had to go to therapy" but really, this garbage is why I had to go to therapy. 

• Like 1

You weren't the heathen the Christian deserved, but you were the heathen the Christian needed. This could go both ways. I don't think Christians think of this stuff before they blithely chirp out the latest glurge.

Pantophobia, I know just what you mean.

550047_10200604715741845_183366476_n.jpg

I think someone needs to look up the definition of the word "fact"...

^ Whew! Lucky my name isn't Jack.

550047_10200604715741845_183366476_n.jpg

I think someone needs to look up the definition of the word "fact"...

The missing tooth and wild hair lend credibility to this man.

• Like 1

WTF?

WendyDoh.gif

I know my mantra here is turning into "This is why I had to go to therapy" but really, this garbage is why I had to go to therapy. 

Now, little Johnny, when Father Martin is poking you in the pooper, just remember that God only gives you the people you need!

• Like 2

Adolf-Hitler-9340144-2-402.jpg

• Like 5

*sigh*

Yes, I'm related to this person...

cousin.JPG

Because God doesn't just answer PRAYERS... he answers SHARES.

• Like 1

*sigh*

Yes, I'm related to this person...

attachicon.gifcousin.JPG

Because God doesn't just answer PRAYERS... he answers SHARES.

Not enough shares and you're family is in deep doodoo. :-) God's communication instrument is the holy Facebook.

This was actually posted by the British/Greek Christian evangelist Mike Pilavachi, and reposted by a fundie friend of mine.  As I have said before, the fact that they post this, seeing the humour in it - and yet not comprehending the serious critical point it makes - is quite telling of the cognitive dissonance Christians suffer.

540935_589344314418151_1781253866_n.jpg

• Like 4

That's a good one, SquareOne!

Unfortunately, this floating around on Facebook is not:

"Dont get down and start doubting what God showed you, He'll stop you from becoming
attached to things that are less than what He has for you."

Why isn't this a stickied topic yet?  It feels permanent enough to me.

• Like 2

Maybe the Mods are waiting until it gets to 150 pages, just in case it loses momentum.

• Like 1

bca1ee9a476ebd0b2e407ba9f9d1f9cc.jpg

Yeah.  Like concentration camps.11058.jpg

• Like 2

thanks_zpsec92b8a0.jpg

eek.gif

Please, please, please, please tell me a Christian didn't post something that horrible.

Please, please, please, please tell me a Christian didn't post something that horrible.

oh yes, a former friend of mine. one of the comments was 'get better'. I swear to God.

OMFG

Holy Mother of God... Treacher-Collins, I suspect.   That poor child.

One does not simply *get better* from major facial deformities.  SMH...

I don't know what's more disgusting, the fact that the baby has the horrible deformity or the fact that somebody is exploiting it to make a political and/or religious statement. 

• Like 4

thanks_zpsec92b8a0.jpg

eek.gif

Instead, I get to live through life being constantly ridiculed, made fun of and will likely have to go through several painful surgeries with long recovery times as well as put the family in severe debt due to medical costs!  Totally worth it.

If that's Juliana Wetmore, that's exactly what happened. She's the worst case of Treacher-Collins in history--born lacking about half the bones in her skull--and here's the cosmic horror, here's the Lovecraftian ghastliness in all its dark madness: She's not brain damaged.

Oh no. Whatever deity did this to her also saw fit to give her a fully-functional brain to go with that body. She's perfectly capable of seeing and noting her deformity; perfectly capable of understanding and comprehending the horror of her existence. Oh, I'm sure she gives thanks every single goddamned day for her life, every year after her 20-30 operations, every million dollars her parents get charged for her care (by the age of about 3 she'd racked up some $3MILLION--think her parents will be paying that?).

And some fucking FUNDIE, some completely oblivious bubble-living ASSHOLE, decided to exploit her for a soulless political agenda and make points with a bunch of other chirpy fundies. ANY LIFE IS GOOD LIFE, huh? Fine, fundies. You fuckin' try it.

I've got no way to process cruelty like this.

• Like 3

If that's Juliana Wetmore, that's exactly what happened. She's the worst case of Treacher-Collins in history--born lacking about half the bones in her skull--and here's the cosmic horror, here's the Lovecraftian ghastliness in all its dark madness: She's not brain damaged.

Oh no. Whatever deity did this to her also saw fit to give her a fully-functional brain to go with that body. She's perfectly capable of seeing and noting her deformity; perfectly capable of understanding and comprehending the horror of her existence. Oh, I'm sure she gives thanks every single goddamned day for her life, every year after her 20-30 operations, every million dollars her parents get charged for her care (by the age of about 3 she'd racked up some $3MILLION--think her parents will be paying that?).

And some fucking FUNDIE, some completely oblivious bubble-living ASSHOLE, decided to exploit her for a soulless political agenda and make points with a bunch of other chirpy fundies. ANY LIFE IS GOOD LIFE, huh? Fine, fundies. You fuckin' try it.

I've got no way to process cruelty like this.

That just... I can't process it, either. I really can't.  I just-- I don't get it. I feel a little sick honestly. That would make you stop believing in God real quick. I can't believe they used that as a--- I'm so upset right now, I shouldn't even be typing!!  

• Like 1

This is what you call the end of normal.