Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

This just appeared on my news feed

"Ministry won’t mess you up. It’ll just highlight how you already are. So stop blaming ministry, and just deal with your mess"

Got to love the 'victim' blaming and lack of insight. Dear me.

Xians are SO judgmental.  Drives me crazy.

Folks, each of you needs to look up Jesus Daily on Facebook. The photos are over-the-top cheesy, and thousands of dolts blindly comment "amen" and "yes" to each of them. Negative comments are but needles in the haystacks there. It's hilarious, and more people need to f--- around there.

10384296_10155430846192355_7228079599208

Um...that's kind of how it works for everybody actually...

• Like 3

10584104_10155430841082355_3491017337290

My inner Grammar Nazi is screaming in unbridled rage.

Folks, each of you needs to look up Jesus Daily on Facebook. The photos are over-the-top cheesy, and thousands of dolts blindly comment "amen" and "yes" to each of them. Negative comments are but needles in the haystacks there. It's hilarious, and more people need to f--- around there.

Okay, I admit it, I thought a lot of this is funny. However I'm evil and callous when it comes to religion and the stupid. I feel it is my civic duty to issue a warning to prevent us from losing intelligent members from aneurisms induced by exposure to such stupidity. Some of us don't handle that sort of thing well.

It's important to remember that this page is actually serious and so are the many idiots who post to it. For some of us, this would be rage inducing.

10561682_893455267351014_361023246242888

But He won't do jack squat

• Like 4

“If Jesus carried you all week. I dare you to type Amen.”

More than 250,000 likes and counting. More than 330,000 “Amens” and counting. An orgy of self-emasculation, and they’re bragging about it!

Lol, for some reason, I feel like commenting, "Ah! Jesus, put me down! I didn't ask you to pick me up and carry me around! I'm afraid of heights!"

• Like 2

"God's grace doesn't have to be logical. If it did, it wouldn't be grace." 

Wendybanghead.gif 

That's why these people aren't open to logic and why I have found it useless to tell them their beliefs are illogical. Because then they rationalise it by saying they don't have to be. Gahh. 

More than 250,000 likes and counting. More than 330,000 “Amens” and counting. An orgy of self-emasculation, and they’re bragging about it!

And at the same time, these are the very people who get offended when it is suggested that "Christianity is a crutch"

• Like 2

And at the same time, these are the very people who get offended when it is suggested that "Christianity is a crutch"

They are all bragging about not being able to pull the weight themselves like the rest of us LOLOLOLOLOL...

I have met 9 year olds that have more drive than that. Seriously the only fucker that carried me these past decades was me, and occasionally a friend of family when times were harder than one person could handle. Thankfully in gods absence humans did they job they should have in the first place.

bragging about apathy and ineffectualism. Nice.

• Like 1

The following word salad in a status responding to me:

The modern egocentric humanist says: "if it doesn't affect me to each their own." Those are principles formed in the bowels of hell. Because one of the Satanic principles is "do as you wish ". Jesus said: "if you love me keep my commandments ". That clashes withhumanist ideas. That's why humanism, to teach you its ideas needs to make you an atheist first. "

The following word salad in a status responding to me:

The modern egocentric humanist says: "if it doesn't affect me to each their own." Those are principles formed in the bowels of hell. Because one of the Satanic principles is "do as you wish ". Jesus said: "if you love me keep my commandments ". That clashes withhumanist ideas. That's why humanism, to teach you its ideas needs to make you an atheist first. "

Tell them they should try telling that to the Christian humanists:

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Christian_Humanism

• Like 2

Someone forwarded this and it is from a facebook post:

"Jesus Christ is not Mr. X so no Christian should ever celebrate Christmas with Xmas. Let the world know that you are welcoming Him into your life and not some Mr. X. Merry CHRISTmas, y'all."

The poster needs a lesson in greek and history.

• Like 5

Saw a giant billboard on facebook last night; IF ALL YOU HAVE IS GOD      THEN YOU HAVE ALL YOU NEED and then a request for some amens with plenty of pisshead compliance.

Saw a giant billboard on facebook last night; IF ALL YOU HAVE IS GOD      THEN YOU HAVE ALL YOU NEED and then a request for some amens with plenty of pisshead compliance.

In some ways, if a person is satisfied with an imagined sky daddy, then their imagination can get them through many things in life.  Ex-cs are not satisfied with that, they care about whether things are real or not.  For them, imagined beliefs don't give them all they need.

• Like 2

A good friend of mine unfriended me yesterday over this "offensive" picture:

dQW3s.jpg

After an argument over me making fun of other people's Christian beliefs and how I think Christians are retards (not true, and I never implied that), he unfriended me and threw a tantrum about me on his page. Note that the things in quotes are things I never actually said, like "they deserve to be made fun of". WTF. But I did say that I don't think evolution is "silly".

screenshotfb.jpg

LMFAOOO I woke up laughing to this one.

If someone can't laugh at their own religion, then something is wrong.

• Like 3

If they need amens, then they apparently don't have all they need.

• Like 3

I think I will share one  science article on FB per day for any shared Jesus memes, guilt posts or other Christian crap I see. Tyson and Nye stuff especially, except where it is obviously anti-religious in nature. Interesting science articles seem like a better way to battle the ignorant fear based religious BS. 

Well, at least until I get bored. 

• Like 4

yes. If you can't laugh at religion, politics, and yourself then you take life to seriously.

I'm just glad that this angry person wasn't a Fundie Muslim and that the religion being joked about here wasn't Islam.

• Like 2

I've got two. Just to explain, I have ties with ICOC (which I'm sure has a level of infamy around here for good reason). Also, I'm new here.

First, in regards to the FSU shooting last night. One ICOC person was shot but got away without a scratch because the bullet lost its momentum going through a backpack full of books. That's all well and good, and I'm happy that he's okay, but then we start going down the "miracle" path, shouting "glory to God" and all the hosannas when, you know... Three people are wounded, one of which in critical condition 
(I haven't checked since last night to see how that guy is doing).

So, I get upset and comment a bit on it, and then one of them says (this is part of her comment): "Sometimes other things have to happen in order for there to be a miracle amongst them".

In other words?

Human suffering is a necessary component to (some) miracles.

And second, this is from today, there's some lady commenting on the same guy (who had reposted the original story from the guy who had avoided being wounded in the shooting) on the plagues. Evidently, because a river went red in China (which looks suspiciously like rich mud overflow to me), God must be starting a whole plague thing to punish China.

I swear, these people are morons. They look for miracles where science, ballistics, and dumb luck play in.

• Like 2

I've got two. Just to explain, I have ties with ICOC (which I'm sure has a level of infamy around here for good reason). Also, I'm new here.

First, in regards to the FSU shooting last night. One ICOC person was shot but got away without a scratch because the bullet lost its momentum going through a backpack full of books. That's all well and good, and I'm happy that he's okay, but then we start going down the "miracle" path, shouting "glory to God" and all the hosannas when, you know... Three people are wounded, one of which in critical condition

(I haven't checked since last night to see how that guy is doing).

So, I get upset and comment a bit on it, and then one of them says (this is part of her comment): "Sometimes other things have to happen in order for there to be a miracle amongst them".

In other words?

Human suffering is a necessary component to (some) miracles.

And second, this is from today, there's some lady commenting on the same guy (who had reposted the original story from the guy who had avoided being wounded in the shooting) on the plagues. Evidently, because a river went red in China (which looks suspiciously like rich mud overflow to me), God must be starting a whole plague thing to punish China.

I swear, these people are morons. They look for miracles where science, ballistics, and dumb luck play in.

Religious people are insane lol that's all I can see. A shooting had to happen to show to a "miracle", that a few of the ones shot, were able to survive it...I can't breathe. Religion is a mental handicap, I swear it.