Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

• Super Moderator

Gee, I always thought LOL meant Love Our Lord!   /sarcasm

yelrotflmao.gif

My jailhouse converted thieving meth' head cousin posted:

"I'm sick of how people have turned Jesus' birthday into a commercial holiday!!! From now on I am not putting up a tree!! Instead I will put up a cross in my living room and under it will go the presents!!! Each child gets only 1 present!!!

Today's entry:

"Let's keep this going... Heavenly father, walk through my house and take all worries sadness, financial crisis and illness and please watch over and heal my family and friends. Bring quiet where there is chaos. bring light where there is darkness and put love in our heart. In Jesus name. AMEN. This prayer is so powerful. Stop what you doing and share this post.

I found several examples of this and apparently he added the part in italics.

He's ass deep in the old "I can't be accountable, the devil made me do it, Jesus save me." routine. Guess it works on the local constabulary.

Maybe if he quit hanging out with his skanky tweeker tarts every time he gets out of jail/rehab his life wouldn't be such a mess.

ContraBardus, that was funny.  However I found "Ground Zero Lake" disturbing.  And they say atheists are immoral?  Unbelievable.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I think my FB feed has gone quiet, shit like this stats popping up again...

post-20675-0-66493000-1421349809_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

conversation about public school banning reading bible:

the choice: either as children read bible in school or as adult read bible in prison

I was cringe and want to bang my head to the wall

• Like 2

francesco: Hahahahaha

Too long to copy and paste so here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/pinoyrapradio/photos/a.437704916289787.107216.437018853025060/643875962339347/?type=1

Basically someone asks god why he allowed a bunch of annoying things to them happen all day. After listening to all the complaints god gives answers to all the questions that make the person feel humbled, ashamed, and embarrassed for questioning god in the first place.

I'll post the first complaint and response set here:

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: What do u mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late

*snip*

God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

I think the message is that when something bad happens it was because god was trying to protect you from a worse thing you'll never know about. What a scary way to go through life.

The page refuses to load for me (probably due to my good-for-nothing ISP), but it may be one I saw last year. Does it come with an image of Jesus H. F. Christ sitting on a park bench?

The person who posted it isn't a fundie, but she is susceptible to a lot of woo. She once called me her personal Snopes.

I think the message is that when something bad happens it was because god was trying to protect you from a worse thing you'll never know about. What a scary way to go through life.

As if making shit up about what horrible things might be out there is an acceptable excuse for an all-powerful benevolent parent who never, ever shows up.

Yes, it has Jesus on a park bench with some modern day looking guy.

You know the original poster/writer? Or are you referring to someone who shared it with you?

The link I posted was to a post by Pinoy Rap Radio with 800k+ likes and shares.

Here's another link with the same text in case the facebook link doesn't work:

Too long to copy and paste so here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/pinoyrapradio/photos/a.437704916289787.107216.437018853025060/643875962339347/?type=1

Basically someone asks god why he allowed a bunch of annoying things to them happen all day. After listening to all the complaints god gives answers to all the questions that make the person feel humbled, ashamed, and embarrassed for questioning god in the first place.

I'll post the first complaint and response set here:

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: What do u mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late

*snip*

God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

hmm so omniscient god not able to just say "don't" to angel of death?

wow even my friend's dog understand the word "don't" from his not omniscient mortal master 

• Like 2

Every time I think my FB feed has gone quiet, shit like this stats popping up again...

God never spoke whether my bible was open or closed. :-)

I opened the Bible, and God spoke to me.  He told me it was OK to kill witches, homosexuals, fortune tellers, adulterers, fornicators, blasphemers, non-belivers, women not virgins on their wedding night, false prophets, and anyone working on the Sabbath.  If I obeyed all of these rules, there wouldn't be anyone left to open the bible or for God to speak to.

• Like 5

You know the original poster/writer? Or are you referring to someone who shared it with you?

I'm referring to someone who shared it. This one's apparently semi-viral.

The responses on this news article are just classic: https://www.facebook.com/yahoonews/posts/10153027412831037

It's like they're struggling to be relevant.

The top rated comment is so bad....

"We living in a day and age was going to be illegal to be straight.lol I think some of these homosexuals and lesbians seem to forget if it wasn't for straight people they wouldn't freaking exist"

• Like 3

/\ /\ /\ :lmao:

You can't make this shit up. 

• Like 2

my fundie friend:

I am not a decendant of an ape but a decendant of a man named Adam who was created by the image of God in either 4004 BC or 200,000 years ago.

they started pulling out random number out of their a**hole since 6000 is no longer convincing? laugh.png

my fundie evanglist : If I had been to the secular (non-religious) University in North America, I would have been difficulty in getting along with classmates. Although there will not be a bulling accompanied by physical violence or verbal abuse there, the chances that I will be isolated from the community due to my adherence to the Word of God. Thanks God for placing me on a good Christian University in North America.

one of the response: How are you going to be a missionary if you can't get along with non-Christians?

laugh.png

Although I highly respect MLK (Martin Luther King, personally, I am more interested in the Evangelism of Graham than the Civil Rights Movement of MLK, because Graham boldly preached Christian Gospel in front of the thousands of people and brought them into the eternal relationship with Lord Jesus Christ.
That is why I am an Evangelical Christian instead of social-oriented oneWendybanghead.gif 
  • Like 1

On FB yesterday:

The basic gist of the post was a friend talking about how their ex-spouse said they were not right with Jesus. Other people chimed in to back up their friend saying that their friend was obviously right with Jesus.

One person wanted to know how the ex-spouse could know whether or not the friend was right with Jesus, 'was he psychic?'

LoL.  

So I learned that some people 'just know' things while other people you don't like can't 'just know' but have to be psychic in order to know.

On FB yesterday:

The basic gist of the post was a friend talking about how their ex-spouse said they were not right with Jesus. Other people chimed in to back up their friend saying that their friend was obviously right with Jesus.

One person wanted to know how the ex-spouse could know whether or not the friend was right with Jesus, 'was he psychic?'

LoL.  

So I learned that some people 'just know' things while other people you don't like can't 'just know' but have to be psychic in order to know.

Classic Dunning-Kruger Effect in action.  They're too stupid to know that they don't know.

Guest Furball

I opened the Bible, and God spoke to me.  He told me it was OK to kill witches, homosexuals, fortune tellers, adulterers, fornicators, blasphemers, non-belivers, women not virgins on their wedding night, false prophets, and anyone working on the Sabbath.  If I obeyed all of these rules, there wouldn't be anyone left to open the bible or for God to speak to.

What a fantastic post, complete truth. Way to expose the bible for what it really says. Great job rerics! -up voted

On FB yesterday:

LoL.  

Classic Dunning-Kruger Effect in action.  They're too stupid to know that they don't know.

Alright I'm researching Dunning-Kruger Effect. :-)

The story about the guy that painted his face with lemon juice to become invisible so he could rob a bank...that's great. lol

On FB yesterday:

LoL.  

Alright I'm researching Dunning-Kruger Effect. :-)

The story about the guy that painted his face with lemon juice to become invisible so he could rob a bank...that's great. lol

Lol, yeah.  There's a thread about the DK effect here: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/66459-too-stupid-to-know-theyre-stupid-the-dunning-kruger-effect/?hl=dunning#.VMRCMNKUeug

Glad to know that liberal use of that little drop down that includes 'I don't want to see this post' and 'Do not show me posts from this member in the future' is serving me well. 

• Like 2