Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

I hope it's okay this is not from Facebook. It was on the Washington Posts's article about marriage equality beginning in Alabama. It was too godd to not share.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_908w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/02/07/National-Politics/Images/Gay_Marriage-Probate-0e2a4.jpg&w=1484

God has no ego problem. He does not reveal his glory for his good. We need to witness it for our good

He must have a lot of ego problems, especially if he needed to create an ENTIRE race to worship him for eternity. Well sorry, mate, I'm not keen on stroking your ego after years of you doing fuck all.

• Like 1

"Share if you agree!!!"

This is another expression that galls me.  Just another litmus test for the Xtian to be able to tell which of their FB friends shared the meme, and therefore by extension which ones are hell-bound heathens who did *not* share it.

Christian A: Penguin my push back is this: does God speak outside of His written Word in direct revelation to people? And if He does would not that word not be in contradiction to His written Word and would not the person's lifestyle and fruit be a life of holiness and repentance and obedience to His word? We cannot judge her salvation but does Katy perry have an overall lifestyle of obedience to Jesus in holiness and repentance?

Christian C: If she is still talking to God that is a plus. her soul needs Jesus! So many people in society love God and believe their lifestyle is ok because society tells them it is ok. Jesus hangs out with sinners and He will slowly get them back on track. Same as our society we can't shout to the roof tops that homosexuality is wrong we have to love the sinner and hate the sin but gently lead them to Christ and let Him do the rest. Same with people who believe they are satanists, atheists, agnostic, illuminati followers. We have to love them to Jesus and pray for them constantly. I am not disagreeing with anyone here. I think Katy is a beautiful lady with an amazing voice. Just wish she would use it to glorify God's kingdom. 

Christian D: I wonder if He also told her to put more clothes and quit producing so much immoral junk. When God genuinely speaks, He always confronts our sin. He is holy. When He reveals Himself, He doesn't hide His holiness. 

If God truly "got her" (her words), then she would repent.

This makes me so glad I'm out. SO GLAD.

How could I have ever been a part of this nutjob cult?

• Like 1

Christian A: Penguin my push back is this: does God speak outside of His written Word in direct revelation to people? And if He does would not that word not be in contradiction to His written Word and would not the person's lifestyle and fruit be a life of holiness and repentance and obedience to His word? We cannot judge her salvation but does Katy perry have an overall lifestyle of obedience to Jesus in holiness and repentance?

Christian C: If she is still talking to God that is a plus. her soul needs Jesus! So many people in society love God and believe their lifestyle is ok because society tells them it is ok. Jesus hangs out with sinners and He will slowly get them back on track. Same as our society we can't shout to the roof tops that homosexuality is wrong we have to love the sinner and hate the sin but gently lead them to Christ and let Him do the rest. Same with people who believe they are satanists, atheists, agnostic, illuminati followers. We have to love them to Jesus and pray for them constantly. I am not disagreeing with anyone here. I think Katy is a beautiful lady with an amazing voice. Just wish she would use it to glorify God's kingdom. 

Christian D: I wonder if He also told her to put more clothes and quit producing so much immoral junk. When God genuinely speaks, He always confronts our sin. He is holy. When He reveals Himself, He doesn't hide His holiness. 

If God truly "got her" (her words), then she would repent.

This makes me so glad I'm out. SO GLAD.

How could I have ever been a part of this nutjob cult?

I know how you feel. "Christian A" used to be my youth pastor, and he helped me immensely when I did something exceptionally stupid at the age of 15. He had his opinions, sure, but he wasn't nearly as judgmental. Now...*shivers* I don't know the guy.

Saw a lot of "98% of people won't post this because they don't really love God" bullshit today.

1743672_760258220681012_1818948803_n.jpg

"If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it! Share if you agree!!!"

Does dying count as bringing you through it?

To the kind of Christian that posts this kind of schlock? Yes. "The Lord took him home! Hallelujah!"

1385745_10204291343217647_29952830547836

From a Catholic friend:

God will never allow more than you can handle or overcome to be placed on your shoulders. God won't set you up for failure, but will allow you to be tested.

Guest Furball

From a Catholic friend:

God will never allow more than you can handle or overcome to be placed on your shoulders. God won't set you up for failure

then why did adam and eve fail??????????????????????????????????????

• Like 4

"These horses are being abused! They (the abusers) need Jesus so much!"

*Turns out the horses were owned by a ministry*

"Well, they tried to take care of the horses. They just couldn't afford them."

499025d1265264958-91-4runner-200-bucks-b

"My first day of work was moved to tomorrow at 10:30. Please pray for me tonight. I can really feel this is the right thing to do because the Devil has been trying to stop it all week. Last night I slept maybe four hours. I kept jolting awake, not breathing. I kept waking up gasping for breath. And that's not normal for me. I know it's the Devil abs not Sleep Apnea, because he was doing that to me even when I was awake. Please pray I could rest well tonight, so I am prepared for tomorrow. I'm super pumped about what God is going to do with me here, but I need you're help. So please pray with me tonight. I know I can count on you all."

That's not the Devil. That's a medical condition. Even if it isn't sleep apnea, the intelligent thing to do would be to consult a doctor, not tell the Devil to shove it.

UPDATE: I tried to be a decent human being and advised her to see a doctor. She declined because "this has happened before a few years ago, and it seems to happen whenever I'm doing what God wants me to do."

Mmkay. So if you follow God the rest of your life, you can look forward to poor sleep and partial suffocation. WendyDoh.gif 

From a Catholic friend:

God will never allow more than you can handle or overcome to be placed on your shoulders. God won't set you up for failure, but will allow you to be tested.

Oh yeah, I love this one. I usually see it in the form of, "God never gives you more than you can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much!!?!?!111"

STFU

"My first day of work was moved to tomorrow at 10:30. Please pray for me tonight. I can really feel this is the right thing to do because the Devil has been trying to stop it all week. Last night I slept maybe four hours. I kept jolting awake, not breathing. I kept waking up gasping for breath. And that's not normal for me. I know it's the Devil abs not Sleep Apnea, because he was doing that to me even when I was awake. Please pray I could rest well tonight, so I am prepared for tomorrow. I'm super pumped about what God is going to do with me here, but I need you're help. So please pray with me tonight. I know I can count on you all."

That's not the Devil. That's a medical condition. Even if it isn't sleep apnea, the intelligent thing to do would be to consult a doctor, not tell the Devil to shove it.

UPDATE: I tried to be a decent human being and advised her to see a doctor. She declined because "this has happened before a few years ago, and it seems to happen whenever I'm doing what God wants me to do."

Mmkay. So if you follow God the rest of your life, you can look forward to poor sleep and partial suffocation. WendyDoh.gif 

I first night I deconverted, I was TERRIFIED of demons. It's so stupid now, but it was the first time I questioned Christianity without backpedaling. I thought I was going to be open season for the devil. I thought I was going to be attacked in the middle of the night.

I slept like a log.

This really annoys me, as a person diagnosed with sleep apnea.  I remember waking up repeatedly gasping for air too.  Untreated sleep apnea kills, whether by heart failure, stroke, diabetes complications or car crash.  The last one is the worst, because they take innocent people with them.

Religion poisons everything.

It is infuriating. I wonder how many people die because "it was the Devil, not a legitimate medical concern."

10968423_10152780601203752_1321503615557

^^^ What does that even mean?

If you was a good Christian, Jesus would protect you... you must be a lukewarm Christian if Satan is messing with you...hahahah

• Like 1

So, is her God not powerful enough to ward off the Devil, or is there a secret sin in her life that has compromised her shield of protection?

In all seriousness, though, it sounds to me like a condition caused by nerves.

Indeed. It's not uncommon that anxiety over a new situation brings strange physical symptoms and sleep problems.

^^^ What does that even mean?

It means no matter what you do or how fervently you pray, God will do what he wants. In other words, prayer doesn't work.

Saw this one earlier today...

h918dm.jpg

Indeed. It's not uncommon that anxiety over a new situation brings strange physical symptoms and sleep problems.

Nope, repeatedly waking up not breathing and gasping for air is a classic sign of the physical condition known as sleep apnea.

Nope, repeatedly waking up not breathing and gasping for air is a classic sign of the physical condition known as sleep apnea.

Nope, she said it also happened when she wasn't sleeping. ;)