Goodbye Jesus

An Email From The Father-In-Law

electech98

Wow. Yeah, I'm with florduh on this one. Doesn't matter what you say or do for the rest of your life, you'll always be spoken about anyway. Do what you need to do to look after yourself. And good luck, man.

Baybee Jeebus is not amused and sez Fuck You.

angey21.jpg

• Like 2

I had to pull off the road to read this idiots letter. I don't even know the guy, but can I say, FUCK YOU. thx for letting me say that. This ass-tard doesn't even know his own GD religion. Funny how atheists know the bible better than believers. You didn't sign a legal document saying you can't throw off your religion of you find out its all bullshit and lollipops. He's a fucking religious fanatic like Florduh said, no different than an Islamic towelhead that is looking for an "honor killing". I'm sure hed probably stone you and quote scripture while doing it if he could. FUCK HIM.

Back to driving. Hope my road rage doesn't kill anyone.

• Like 2

He's making a lot of assumptions at this point. Hopefully he'll read your thoughtful response and eventually lighten up a bit.

My response would be full of thoughts: how to cut his brakes being one of them. RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE

Your wife has to make a decision. It may be time to put all the cards on the table and show her what a sham it all is, or else she'll fly even more to the right after daddy starts indoctrinating her full tilt.

• Like 1

He's making a lot of assumptions at this point. Hopefully he'll read your thoughtful response and eventually lighten up a bit.

This guy will NEVERZ lighten up. Ray Charles could see that.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

As Ray Charles said, this guy will never lighten up because it would mean abandoning his insane fundamental faith. You wife has already chosen her father over you. Sorry, but that's the truth. Please take steps to protect yourself and cut your losses now. We all wish things were different, but they aren't. Time to wake up and smell the cat piss.

• Like 2

I just read through this thread and all I can say is holy fuck this guy needs to butt out of YOUR marriage! I know his type and they are so entrenched in their beliefs that there's no point in reasoning with them. Time to put your foot down firmly politely (keep your behavior above reproach and all that jazz). Good luck.

• Like 1

My dad was every bit the asshole this guy appears to be. Thank god I no longer have to take those kind of threats.

I just tell people now that "No one can come to Jesus unless the Father who sent him draws them in", and then I say that I pray occasionally begging god to let me believe again, but god knows in my heart that I don't believe and so there's no use faking or hiding my doubts. Then I tell them to go ahead a pray for me, who knows maybe god will reach out to me, no one asks of his father for bread only to be handed a snake, so surely god will one day hear my prayers and help my unbelief. That usually gets them to shut up.

Tell him to go suck a bag of dicks.

It is not hyperbole to label this emotional terrorism. Call him out on it and tell him either agree to disagree or accept that there will be an unavoidable division between himself and his family.

Completely unacceptable and you shouldn't just live with it or walk on egg shells around it.

• Like 2

First of all, any grown man who thought it was appropriate to perform a "butt-whipping" on another grown man would completely lose any respect I had for them because he essentially considers you a child. Second, anybody who would whip a child would have already lostall of my respect I had for them since they are unable to control the actions of the child without physical abuse.

• Like 2

My dad was every bit the asshole this guy appears to be. Thank god I no longer have to take those kind of threats.

I just tell people now that "No one can come to Jesus unless the Father who sent him draws them in", and then I say that I pray occasionally begging god to let me believe again, but god knows in my heart that I don't believe and so there's no use faking or hiding my doubts. Then I tell them to go ahead a pray for me, who knows maybe god will reach out to me, no one asks of his father for bread only to be handed a snake, so surely god will one day hear my prayers and help my unbelief. That usually gets them to shut up.

This is the most polite way I've ever heard someone say SHUT THE FUCK UP

• Like 1

Tell him to go suck a bag of dicks.

This is a close second.

Well, here's an interesting twist to the story: my father-in-law and my pastor are at an annual denominational meeting back east, and my FIL has just heard from my pastor about me resigning as deacon and the reason stated (no longer holding to the tenets of Christianity). Remember, my FIL was only under the impression that I was wavering or having doubts as a believer before, and I never had the chance to send a response back to him on his original letter.

But now that he knows I am an unbeliever, this is what he fired off to me last night:

Dear Jeremy

I'm at Synod and have had opportunity to speak with your pastor.

I don't know what set off this apostate mind set you've been exhibiting, and I don't think it really makes any difference.

My primary concern at this point is not even the consequences for which God will hold you accountable and I pray you'll soon repent,

but my primary concern is what you are doing to your family - you took vows when you married my daughter and you took vows at at the baptism of your children.

I'm holding you accountable to keep those vows no matter what you personally, willfully, stubbornly, sinfully, arrogantly, selfishly and most foolishly are not fighting to keep the devil from darkening your understanding. Consider this a butt-whipping and I pray the Lord will slap you upside the head and clear your head and heart of this pride at the root of this. You need to hear this: dump all this reading that denies the Truth - all treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Christ, and you are letting persuasive words of false philosophy sway you. Stop it!!!! I'm holding you responsible to do due diligence - get your mind into Scripture and out of whatever you are feeding your tickled ears. You are deeply hurting my daughter out of pure selfish motives. Consider :; husbands love you wives like Christ loved church and gave Himself up for her. Do it!! Repent now!! This is a serious as it gets!! What you do is before the face of God!!!! Go talk with <pastor> now.

Dad

Haha, I have to laugh at this more than anything...strangely enough, I'm not even angry with this email. In all honesty, I just see it as sad...sad that a grown man feels he has to resort grunting and snorting to get his point across and in trying to intimidate people into submission.

At least now I can modify my original response with the knowledge that he knows of my unbelief. Boundaries will be put in place, and his level will not be stooped to.

Would love to see the final draft after seeing this now! If anything your FIL is the one who has let Christianity "darken his understanding". I would have SUCH a difficult time not writing him back a super angry letter. I admire how well you seem to be approaching this.

I don't think my wife would ever ever stand up to her father when it comes to their faith, regardless of how he comes across. She wants to stay more out of it, even though he CC'd her again. I continued to make clear to her last night, before even reading his email (she forewarned me about it, as he did CC her, and knew I would not like it) that I will not stand for anyone denigrating my character or anything like that, and she agrees...but she is still so very much entrenched in how "true" their faith is.

I think the next couple of weeks, stemming from how I reply to him and how he replies back, are probably going to be very important for seeing how healthy our marriage is when all is said and done. It's time for her to be an adult, and stand up to her dad's bullying.

• Like 4

Yeah, exactly, you need to reinforce that she's an adult and not daddy's little 7 year old helpless boo-boo who needs to be protected from the heathen satanist axe wielding baby raping subhuman demonic turd that is her husband.

Your training has prepared you for this time right now. Use the force, ET.

Good will triumph in the end.

EDIT : unless it doesn't, and in that case, my sincerest condolences. Hopefully she can shake off the shackles of bondage she's in and see the light. I'll be praying sending vibes your way.

I'm glad you clearly see it as the bullying that it is.

To be clear, it doesn't have to be this way even if one accepts the tenets of your FiL's faith.

My parents, for example, while worrying about me, would never try and manipulate me like this and understand that it is wrong to use emotional leverage to get their way. Hopefully your wife can come to understand this as what it is (bullying) as well even if she remains in her faith. This, as I'm sure you understand, is crucial if you have any hope of preserving your family in tact, because if it's you against them, that is just not going to happen.

I second Florduh. This guy (FIL) doesn't give a flying fuck about you.

Set your boundaries, and STICK TO THEM.

I have been there. Danced around my wife's rabid fundamentalism for too long.

Once I drew the line, things changed dramatically. After 25 years of marriage, last 15 were fundy filled, I told her to leave, and the kids were staying with me. She didn't do a complete 180, but no more pressure and minimal manipulation.

Research co-dependent behavior....you will see things much more clearly.....believe me.

• Like 4

I'm sure you plan to save his emails and other such evidence, in case you ever find yourself in court against this guy.

• Like 2

I second Florduh. This guy (FIL) doesn't give a flying fuck about you.

Set your boundaries, and STICK TO THEM.

I have been there. Danced around my wife's rabid fundamentalism for too long.

Once I drew the line, things changed dramatically. After 25 years of marriage, last 15 were fundy filled, I told her to leave, and the kids were staying with me. She didn't do a complete 180, but no more pressure and minimal manipulation.

Research co-dependent behavior....you will see things much more clearly.....believe me.

Thanks for the suggestion about looking in co-dependency. I haven't really thought much about that until now.

I'm sure you plan to save his emails and other such evidence, in case you ever find yourself in court against this guy.

Abso-freakin-lutely.

Oh my goodness that is an authoritarian, threatening, condescending piece of shit. Oh, and so is his letter. You are under no obligation whatsoever to treat him like a peer, you know. He gives off major silverback-gorilla vibes to me--all we need now is a gif of him waving his dick around at you. He's trying to assert his dominance, trying to assert his ownership of his chattel (his daughter, his grandkids), and you hopefully will not be even engaging in a fight. Your deconversion and subsequent family life isn't a fight. He'd like it to be. But it isn't. If you even engage him in a fight, he wins because you'll be participating in his craziness. Don't give in to that temptation. I preach to the choir now, because the impulse to cut and paste "FUCK YOU, YOU SIMIAN COCKDOLPHIN, AND FUCK THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, THE GUY WHO SOLD IT TO YOU, AND THE LITTLE GIRL IN PIGTAILS WHO FED IT APPLES AS A COLT" about 600 times and mail that back to him just prior to blocking his email address is quite powerful. I don't cotton to assholes trying to assert dominance over me in such crude and blatant terms. YMMV, obviously; your restraint in dealing with him is admirable.

That letter is not how an adult man talks to another adult man, and that is what he needs to be made crystal clear. He needs his boundaries set like I need a Watermelon Pucker on my patio table right now (hint: that's a lot).

• Like 2

"cockdolphin". I almost spit out my coffee. That's good.....mm hmm. French fried per taters.

Seriously, this old fart's stupidity could be fucking seen from space. It is a blinding supernova of dominance, aggression, and insanity, all coalescing to form a twinkling nimbus of ultimate darkness and ragetastic fury. I am quickly losing all faith in even Elec's ability to have a civilized dialogue with someone that inept at speaking People.

• Like 1