Goodbye Jesus

An Email From The Father-In-Law

electech98

Seriously, this old fart's stupidity could be fucking seen from space. It is a blinding supernova of dominance, aggression, and insanity, all coalescing to form a twinkling nimbus of ultimate darkness and ragetastic fury. I am quickly losing all faith in even Elec's ability to have a civilized dialogue with someone that inept at speaking People.

I love you. lol

I live for hyperbole.

You're speaking my language. ;)

The word "unhinged" and the phrase "foaming at the mouth" come to mind here. There is just no basis for a rational discussion to be found. In fact, at this point, it's becoming kinda creepy.

• Like 1

The term "mouthbreather" and "knuckle dragger" come to

Mind as well.

The word "unhinged" and the phrase "foaming at the mouth" come to mind here. There is just no basis for a rational discussion to be found. In fact, at this point, it's becoming kinda creepy.

Creepy...yes, that it is. He's exhibiting classic signs of the "Control Behavior" aspect of codependency (doing my research now!). Probably stems from his need to be the center of all around him, being a pastor and family patriarch and all.

Control patterns:
  • I believe most other people are incapable of taking care of themselves.
  • I attempt to convince others of what they "should" think and how they "truly" feel.
  • I become resentful when others will not let me help them.
  • I freely offer others advice and directions without being asked.
  • I lavish gifts and favors on those I care about.
  • I use sex to gain approval and acceptance.
  • I have to be "needed" in order to have a relationship with others.
  • I demand that my needs be met by others.
  • I use charm and charisma to convince others of my capacity to be caring and compassionate.
  • I use blame and shame to emotionally exploit others.
  • I refuse to cooperate, compromise, or negotiate.
  • I adopt an attitude of indifference, helplessness, authority, or rage to manipulate outcomes.
  • I have obsessive, compulsive thinking patterns and cannot focus on daily activities.
  • I use terms of recovery in an attempt to control the behavior of others.
  • I pretend to agree with others to get what I want.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codependency

Gr....I wrote up a long angry response and then deleted it. You don't need to hear it.

End of story, your FIL is a real shit-head about refusing to question Bibilical authority (and thereby his authority) and is emotionally abusive and toxic to boot.

Who was it that was saying religion was harmless, again?

Oh wow. I read that last letter at work and i was just fuming.

I can totally imagine my own father writing this.

the sad thing is: they think they are totally justified, they CAN NOT see how manipulative, controlling and abusive they sound, seem, and ARE.

Oh Electech, you and your family are so so so in my thoughts.

I can personally vouch for being the daughter of a man like that, and you have all seem me try to defend him ON THIS SITE, so...it might take a very very long time before she opens her eyes - if she opens them at all.

I hope for your and and your children's sake that she does.

• Super Moderator

I'm glad you can laugh at his email because all I could do was fume and say Fuck That Shithead! I'm also married to a believer and if I EVER got a message like that I hate to think what I'd say or do.

He said:

Consider :; husbands love you wives like Christ loved church and gave Himself up for her.

That really burned me. He's judging you as not loving your wife. That is BS! I know the Genesis bible verse says a man should leave his family and cleave to his wife as one, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. FIL needs to get the fuck out of your marriage. And your wife needs to back you 100% on this. And you need to protect yourself legally. There are too many instances where the "apostate" loses everything, including his/her freedom, when the vindictive (or manipulated) spouse colludes with Pastor Butthead.

I'm sorry you have to go through all this crap and I hope things work out for you.

• Super Moderator

Gr....I wrote up a long angry response and then deleted it. You don't need to hear it.

I did the same thing.

Dear Jeremy

I'm at Synod and have had opportunity to speak with your pastor.

I don't know what set off this apostate mind set you've been exhibiting, and I don't think it really makes any difference.

My primary concern at this point is not even the consequences for which God will hold you accountable and I pray you'll soon repent,

but my primary concern is what you are doing to your family - you took vows when you married my daughter and you took vows at at the baptism of your children.

I'm holding you accountable to keep those vows no matter what you personally, willfully, stubbornly, sinfully, arrogantly, selfishly and most foolishly are not fighting to keep the devil from darkening your understanding. Consider this a butt-whipping and I pray the Lord will slap you upside the head and clear your head and heart of this pride at the root of this. You need to hear this: dump all this reading that denies the Truth - all treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Christ, and you are letting persuasive words of false philosophy sway you. Stop it!!!! I'm holding you responsible to do due diligence - get your mind into Scripture and out of whatever you are feeding your tickled ears. You are deeply hurting my daughter out of pure selfish motives. Consider :; husbands love you wives like Christ loved church and gave Himself up for her. Do it!! Repent now!! This is a serious as it gets!! What you do is before the face of God!!!! Go talk with <pastor> now.

Dad

Dear Dad,

Neither god, nor jesus nor the bible nor you have power over me. I am ruler supreme over myself and shall do, think and believe whatever I want. I have set up an email filter so any future emails from you will be automatically deleted.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Dear Dad,

Neither god, nor jesus nor the bible nor you have power over me. I am ruler supreme over myself and shall do, think and believe whatever I want. I have set up an email filter so any future emails from you will be automatically deleted.

+1000

Dear Jeremy

I don't know what set off this apostate mind set you've been exhibiting, and I don't think it really makes any difference.

My primary concern at this point is not even the consequences for which God will hold you accountable and I pray you'll soon repent,

but my primary concern is what you are doing to your family - you took vows when you married my daughter and you took vows at at the baptism of your children.

I'm holding you accountable to keep those vows no matter what you personally, willfully, stubbornly, sinfully, arrogantly, selfishly and most foolishly are not fighting to keep the devil from darkening your understanding. Consider this a butt-whipping and I pray the Lord will slap you upside the head and clear your head and heart of this pride at the root of this. You need to hear this: dump all this reading that denies the Truth - all treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Christ, and you are letting persuasive words of false philosophy sway you. Stop it!!!! I'm holding you responsible to do due diligence - get your mind into Scripture and out of whatever you are feeding your tickled ears. You are deeply hurting my daughter out of pure selfish motives. Consider :; husbands love you wives like Christ loved church and gave Himself up for her. Do it!! Repent now!! This is a serious as it gets!! What you do is before the face of God!!!! Go talk with <pastor> now.

Dad

Dear Dad,

As my friend on ex-Christian.net suggested, I would prefer it if you would, instead of chastising me for my seemingly misappropriated beliefs, go "suck a bag of dicks".

I love you,

xxxxxxxxx

PS- I hear there is a pastor in North Carolina that may care to join you.

I almost wonder if it would get under the guy's skin more if you simply ignored the e-mail, and each and every e-mail that follows it. Instead of challenging his claim to authority (which would help give it legitimacy in his mind), you would be dismissing it entirely.

• Like 1

I almost wonder if it would get under the guy's skin more if you simply ignored the e-mail, and each and every e-mail that follows it. Instead of challenging his claim to authority (which would help give it legitimacy in his mind), you would be dismissing it entirely.

I agree. Act like he doesn't even fucking exist. If he actually calls, just hang up. Every time. Forever. He lives in another state right? After a series of messages like that I would cut that ass bagging terrorist out of my life yesterday.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I agree. Act like he doesn't even fucking exist. If he actually calls, just hang up. Every time. Forever. He lives in another state right? After a series of messages like that I would cut that ass bagging terrorist out of my life yesterday.

After calming down, I agree with this approach too. It takes a lot to provoke me to that point. But if it happens, that's what I do in real life. The person becomes irrelevant and non-existent to me. Their loss, not mine.

While it might be difficult in this case, maybe it's something to consider. You're in a rough spot -- that's for sure. I feel for you. Good luck.

Wow. Some F-I-L you've got there, clawing out your eyes so you see the 'truth'.....

What kind of horrifies me is that I can still put myself back in FIL's position of believing the truth is *right there* and so accessible and obvious. It's a mindbender, and it hurts my brain, but I can do it if I really try. From that view, I'd have to say that reasoning with these people is impossible. I wish they could see outside of their bubble.

I wish you wisdom and peace as you deal with this onslaught of verbal abuse. Keep us posted. I agree with the others who say ignore the spam from FIL!

I agree with others on here, time to cut this guy out of you life. Don't however try to cut him out of your wife or children's lives, or you'll end up looking like an enemy to your whole family. I thought his first email to you was nasty, arrogant and manipulative, but then I read the second. This guy is a real piece of of work, I can't stand people who try to control others. I also hate the way he speaks to you as if you are a naughty child, particularly the way he says "stop it!!!" In the second email. It's interesting that he assumes things you've read that disprove things said in the bible aren't true, but he seems very threatened by anything that can make people think about the bible differently. If it was really god's inspired inerrant word then there should be nothing in it that can be disproved. Whatever you do, don't let this guy have any control over your life.

Ignoring bad behavior does seem to do more to correct it than giving attention to it does...

He'll have to resort to getting more and more aggressive and hysterical to get your attention and that will make everyone see him for the whack job he is. You'll look cool calm and collected all the while. It's a grand scheme....and no one will be the wiser!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahhahah.......

Next, world domination!

Dear Jeremy

Dad

I don't think he used enough exclamation points to cast the demons out of you. Let me give it a go...

REPENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

RENOUNCE YOUR EVIL WAYS!!!!!!!!!!

TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shitakis Batman!

Ummm, if YOUR pastor was talking to YOUR FIL....WITHOUT your permission...can't you sue the fucking asshole pastor for running his mouth to begin with? AND then I would sue the FIL for threatening you with physical and emotional violence. It's all over the letter and he was stupid enough to actually type it out.

The debil is controlling your mind, little boy. Bring some dead pigeons, cut them asunder, sprinkle the blood on the altar of the lord 7 times and the debil shall flee. Do it! do it now!!!

• Like 1

[quote name='RintrahRoars' timestamp='1337825134' post='

I don't think he used enough exclamation points to cast the demons out of you. Let me give it a go...

REPENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

RENOUNCE YOUR EVIL WAYS!!!!!!!!!!

TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I LAUGHED SO HARD

Just remember to continually reinforce to your wife that you are the same kind, caring compassionate guy that she married and that you still love her. Do that both in action and words!

Ignoring your father-in-law does sound like a good way to go. I think you can create a rule in your email to send any emails form him to some other destination.

It is quite likely that his communication will become more bullying as time goes on.

Do you need to talk to your wife about the idea that the bond of marriage is (or should be) the strongest bond? Do you also need to inform your wife if you decide to not read any further communication from F-I-L? If he continues to copy her in to these outlandish emails, it is really an attempt to break your marriage up. Somehow I don't think his God would approve!

Hope things go well. Make sure the warm funny moments with your wife outweigh the difficult moments.

• Like 2

Dear dad

I am pleased to let you know I met jesus. We now have a real relationship. He mows my lawn, cleans the pool and I pay him.

Wow I never realised he was here in person

Love

SIL

Wow - that's the first time I've seen a 2 year old's temper tantrum written down into a letter! FIL is so very used to getting his own way, expects that the church has him in charge, able to dictate to you.