Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

I wonder how shocked Ironhorse will be that so many of us are this familiar with the works of Bono, yet STILL haven't reconverted.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Hey, can we throw in some AC/DC and Metallia to keep it interesting? Grateful Dead "Hell in a Bucket?"

How about The Ramones "I Wanna Be Sedated" that would fit this thread perfectly

I guess some Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables wouldn't hurt at all unless someone raises a Black Flag about it.

Guest afireinside

Hey, can we throw in some AC/DC and Metallia to keep it interesting? Grateful Dead "Hell in a Bucket?"

I guess some Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables wouldn't hurt at all unless someone raises a Black Flag about it.

I only consider Ironhorse a Minor Threat

Guest afireinside

The fact that he uses an Agnostic Front for his Bad Religion illustrates The Clash of his Rancid theology and The Exloited nature of his mind

• Like 1

It's a shame Ironhorse is such a Lemon, but what else can you do with a Boy like that? For him, the religious rhetoric is just All That You Can't Leave Behind. But we all know that deconverting feels like How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.  

Ironhorse has yet to realize or admit he was indoctrinated with the Christian religion as a child and young adult.  He has a long way to go before he gets anywhere near the possibility of deconversion.

• Super Moderator

The fact that he uses an Agnostic Front for his Bad Religion illustrates The Clash of his Rancid theology and The Exloited nature of his mind

A Holiday In Cambodia might do him some good.  He could bring the good news about the Lamb Of God to The Local Natives.  You know, the good news about how jesus really existed despite the fact that this was information unknown to the Centurions Of Rome.  That's like accepting the sworn testimony of Millions Of Dead Cops.  Only Misfits with Bad Brains and Stiff Little Fingers would accept such Dag Nasty misinformation.  TinPony's religion purports to bring peace to people; but history clearly demonstrates that all christianity ever produces is Social Distortion.

Damn!  This thread is starting to be fun again!

Guest afireinside

He thinks there's only One truth and Nothing Else Matters. He thinks God provides morals And Justice For All but really his God is just a Master Of Puppets. His understanding is Blackened and he sees The Unforgiven as in need of his pity, that's Sad But True of his beliefs. He's worried about The Number Of The Beast and ready to Run For The Hills and be The Soldier of God he's called to be not just The Trooper he's been. The Fear Of The Dark won't deter him, when he's afraid he cries out Hallowed Be Thy Name and he finds peace. He calls himself Ironhorse but really he's an Iron Man, and even though unbelievers opinions make him Paranoid he knows it's a matter of Heaven And Hell to makes his beliefs known. He can't fathom how we can say God Is Dead but figures it's just a Symptom Of The Universe we live in

I was Barely Hanging On as a Christian, unable to see that for me, it was a series of Cosy Prisons. Following my own Train of Thought only made me more paranoid. For years, even when my doubts were greatest, I felt compelled to Stay on These Roads, even though I knew on some level that Nothing Is Keeping You Here. After Hunting High and Low for answers, looking for peace East of the Sun and West of the Moon, and battling my Shadowside, I could no longer ignore the obvious: just because most Christians look like The Sun Always Shines on TV, What There Is is nothing, this Jesus thing was all a game of Cry Wolf. The idea that there were these Lifelines to "God," someone who created The Blood that Moves the Body and gave us a Lamb to the Slaughter had Nothing To It. I looked at the belief of Days on End, and I knew that There Is Never a Forever Thing. Sorry, God, but after a lifetime where I Call Your Name, I know now that I've Been Losing You. I Wish I Cared, but I don't anymore. I may be Less Than Pure, but I'm also Forever Not Yours. 

But you guys here understand, because Dark is the Night For All. Fortunately for me, Out of Blue Comes Green; I can say, with complete joy now, that Summer Moved On, and I got into The Swing of Things. For the first time, I'm not Keeper of The Flame, and instead, I can embrace the Sunny Mystery of life, and proclaim happily, Take On Me!

Guest afireinside

Pantophobia, I know you feel Bad but trust me You Are Not Alone, it's just Human Nature. Your newfound belief is not actually Dangerous, if we were all like you we could possibly even Heal The World. Me? Well now when I look at The Man In The Mirror I think I honestly Wanna Be Starting Something New but the Ghosts of my past keep holding me back. Pantophonia, The Way You Make Me Feel is so encouraging, when I start to think God, I Can't Stop Loving You, I often think of your struggle and think I just wanna come and Rock With You and forget all this religious bullshit.

• Like 1

Song lyrics.  That's all good. If Ironhorse has any faith at all in where he gets fed, he will send his pastor here.

• Super Moderator

Hey, that song is playing on the radio right now.  Hurry hurry hurry...

• Super Moderator

Song lyrics.  That's all good. If Ironhorse has any faith at all in where he gets fed, he will send his pastor here.

I doubt he wants his pastor to know how deep and extensive his doubts actually are.  He's determined to not even admit it to himself.

• Like 1

I doubt he wants his pastor to know how deep and extensive his doubts actually are.  He's determined to not even admit it to himself.

I think that's why I cut most Apologetics some slack. I was in that same position for over a decade, and it's fucking terrifying. Like Vertigo or something. 

I think that's why I cut most Apologetics some slack. I was in that same position for over a decade, and it's fucking terrifying. Like Vertigo or something. 

Yes, most Christians and that particular religion's Apologists were indoctrinated, face peer pressure to conform and are afraid, among other conditions.

Nevertheless, once they are adults, such religious faith and its promotion to others is for cowards, intellectual bankrupts and borderline narcissists.

The "some slack" given should be limited to an understanding of their condition(s).

Yes, most Christians and that particular religion's Apologists were indoctrinated, face peer pressure to conform and are afraid, among other conditions.

Nevertheless, once they are adults, such religious faith and its promotion to others is for cowards, intellectual bankrupts and borderline narcissists.

The "some slack" given should be limited to an understanding of their condition(s).

The only slack I give them is when I'm trying to understand their condition(s).  Narcissism can't really be changed, but lack of education and cowardice can.  In the end, I guess the only way their fear could be overcome is by deconversion.

Sunday Dispatch.13

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna cross that river
I'm gonna catch tomorrow now

You're gonna wanna hold me
Just like I always told you
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

Nobody here will ever find me
But I always be around
Just like the songs I leave behind me
I'm gonna live forever now

You fathers and you mothers
Be good to one another
Please try to raise your children right
Don't let the darkness take 'em
Don't make 'em feel forsaken
Just lead them safely to the light

When this old world has blown us under
And all the stars from fall this sky
Remember someone really loves you
We'll live forever you and I

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna live forever

Dream of angels and sunshine
Rivers of red wine, and orange peel blues
Dream of angels and sunshine
Rivers of red wine, and orange peel blues

~Billy Joe Shaver

"None Of The Above"

I am I, myself alone
Realize I never need to use no one
When it comes down to my soul
Freedom puts my faith in none of the above

There was a time I was so afraid
Of everything people around me said
That I wanted to hide my face in the shadows

There was a time on a bed of nails
I was dreaming a plan up that could not fail
But no power under the sun could pull it together

Can't take this attitude
Got to show now I've got to move on
God knows where I'm going to
Its a lonely burning question

I am I myself alone
Realize I never need to use No-one
Money, power, Holy roads.

If there's a time that we ever see
The nature of life in reality
Then I want to be there
To kick at the answer

I am I myself alone
I am I myself alone

I am I myself alone
I am I myself alone

None of the above
My faith in none of the above
None of the above
I stand by none of the above
None of the above
I stand by none of the above

~ Simon LeBon, former choirboy
  • Like 1

• Super Moderator

I'm also gonna live forever.  And make it to heaven.

• Like 1

Stand up, stand up for jesus you soldiers of the cross

Lift high his royal banner, it must not suffer loss!

From victory unto victory his army shall he lead

Till every foe is vanquished and christ is lord indeed!

Seig heil jesus!

Exo 32:

32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him. 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour. 32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

Happy Jewish Zombie day, TinPony!

• Like 2

Happy Jewish Zombie day, TinPony!

Or is it a Roman zombie?

Oh well, no matter. Zombies is zombies. They all need to be dealt with in the same way.

Hah, but he programmed us to break the rules that he came up with after we were programmed to piss him off. God can suck my dick. :Wendywhatever:

Make sure to wear protection, "god" might give ya something nasty ;)

Guest afireinside

Hah, but he programmed us to break the rules that he came up with after we were programmed to piss him off. God can suck my dick. :Wendywhatever:

Make sure to wear protection, "god" might give ya something nasty ;)

Would hate you to contract Gentile Herpes!

Guest afireinside

Gives all new meaning to the term Godhead

Today is Easter Sunday, which this year happens to fall on April 20, the birthday of the most famous "atheist" of the 20th century.  What follows are some of this "atheist's" words.

“My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a
fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded
by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and
summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest
not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian
and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord
at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the
Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight
against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with
deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact
that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As
a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have
the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is
anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is
the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty
to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and
work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only
for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning
and see these men standing in their queues and look into their
pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very
devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two
thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people
are plundered and exposed.”

Oh wait, those don't sound like the words of an atheist at all.  Should I give credit to the speaker of those words?  The speaker that christians like to compare all atheists to, even though this man was demonstrably a christian.  I think I will.

[Adolf Hitler, speech in Munich on April 12, 1922, countering a
political opponent, Count Lerchenfeld, who opposed antisemitism on
his personal Christian feelings. Published in "My New Order", quoted
in Freethought Today April 1990]

• Like 5