Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

Yup, I'm with ya

Maybe someone else will get something out of it.

Are you stupid?  What you quoted me is the very thing I'm trying to tell you… it CAN be verified… these things happened.

No… WE don't disagree. I am presenting facts…not pulling an opinion out of my ass. You are refusing to look at the evidence or even consider that there is evidence.

But your evidence disagrees with God.   If evidence and God do not agree do you know which one must be wrong?   jesus.gif

Have you ever thought that your view of the evidence might be wrong?

I was making fun of you.

Evidence is how we learn.  It's how we develop technology and science.  Everything from flu shots to global positioning networks come from evidence and it all works together.  That includes the computers we are using to communicate right now.  If I was wrong about evidence then we would still be living in huts just like we did 40,000 years before the Garden of Eden story was invented.

Mammoth bone huts topped with mud and thatch!  With air channels for hearths to keep fresh air circulating but warmth in as well! bedrooms and communal rooms and cold storage!!!

They've found them.. they are quite ingenious.

Are you stupid?  What you quoted me is the very thing I'm trying to tell you… it CAN be verified… these things happened.

No… WE don't disagree. I am presenting facts…not pulling an opinion out of my ass. You are refusing to look at the evidence or even consider that there is evidence.

But your evidence disagrees with God.   If evidence and God do not agree do you know which one must be wrong?   jesus.gif

Dude, you haven't provided any evidence or any "view of the evidence." You've just provided claims with no backing.

I mean for fuck's sake, back when I was a christian I knew that the history of the church was WAY too full of gunboat diplomacy for my comfort. You're going to try to deny that by just saying "We have a different view"?!?

That's a bullshit cop-out. If that's the best you've got, go back to quoting out-of-context song lyrics. 

If you actually want to learn, as you claimed once a long time ago, then open your eyes and look at the real history of the church. Have the courage to be open to what you'll find. There are good bits too--but yep, the christian religion grew because it got allied with powerful people, who used the power of government, military, law, and whatever else they had at their disposal to make more christians--and get rid of those who wouldn't go along.

If you want to claim that isn't true and be taken seriously by anybody, then bring some fucking evidence and not "we just disagree." It's not disagreement about the evidence when you just stick your head in the sand. 

And when you do that, and leave your butt hanging out there, you should expect to get it kicked hard.

• Like 1

To paraphrase Ironhorse:

"There was no Vietnam war.

"You think there was?  Well then we just disagree, or maybe your view of the evidence is wrong."

Ironhorse  has to be a troll. I mean, nobody could be that stupid and still type, brainwashed or not.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

TinPony, you and I have had some fun times together.  We've brought out the best and the worst in each other, which is only fitting (as iron sharpens iron).  But Ravenstar just bested you.  Sorry.  I'd offer you a Cheerwine as a consolation prize, but I don't have one handy.  Accept facts as they present themselves to you.  You'll be a happier man for it.

• Like 2

Sunday Dispatch.17

"To me, He's put enough in this world to make faith one of the most reasonable things. He's left enough out to make it impossible for me to live by sheer reason alone."

~Ravi Zacharias

I wonder how many of these quotes we can make vastly better by adding "for me" or "to me" to them. I've tried it above, and I think it's a definite improvement.

I wonder with what manner of torture Ravi Zacharias' Hindu ancestors were threatened before they converted to Christianity.

Two questions:

Are you saying the Gospel is spread by torture and forced conversions?

What do you know about Ravi Zacharias' conversion to Christianity?

It used to be spread by torture and forced conversions...now it's just spread by false salesmanship. And the faith is maintained by fear, guilt and shame.

Ravenstar, from the link you posted this was at

the bottom of the page in small print:

"This site is for educational purposes, all info is historical facts or logical opinions that can be verified through many sources with some research. Most of this information is kept hidden from the public view, and it is our duty to expose it."

We disagree I guess. I think a view that the spread of Christianity is the result of threats and torture is not

verified by history.

So you're saying there was no Spanish Inquisition and no Crusade?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

"This site is for educational purposes, all info is historical facts or logical opinions that can be verified through many sources with some research. Most of this information is kept hidden from the public view, and it is our duty to expose it."

We disagree I guess. I think a view that the spread of Christianity is the result of threats and torture is not

verified by history.

I think he is saying that he never studied history.

• Like 2

If Christian culture told IH that 2+2=5 then he'd be here telling us 2+2=5.

Even though I'm relatively confident in the history books that several Crusades occurred and that the Spanish Inquisition occurred... I am willing to say "maybe they didn't. Maybe the history books are wrong." There, I said it. Now are you willing to say out loud on a web forum that God may not exist? That your view may be wrong? Or are you a chicken? Buck buck. :-)

verified by history.

I'm saying we should read and study history without a bias.

To paraphrase Ironhorse:

"There was no Vietnam war.

"You think there was?  Well then we just disagree, or maybe your view of the evidence is wrong."

Ironhorse  has to be a troll. I mean, nobody could be that stupid and still type, brainwashed or not.

There is no Vietnam War listed in the bible. Therefore there was no Vietnam War.

verified by history.

No, you do not disagree.  Disagreement is often different interpretation of established facts, or failure to agree of whether certain assertions are actually facts.  You are in denial.  Denial is rejection of established fact.  You frequently demonstrate rejection of establish facts.  You are, therefore, in denial, not in disagreement.  That, and you lie (or you are one of the most willfully ignorant theists to ever walked the Earth).

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

verified by history.

Forgive me for pointing this out, Ironhorse, but everything you read and study is perceived through the bias of christianity.  Sorry, bro; facts is facts.

Even though I'm relatively confident in the history books that several Crusades occurred and that the Spanish Inquisition occurred... I am willing to say "maybe they didn't. Maybe the history books are wrong." There, I said it. Now are you willing to say out loud on a web forum that God may not exist? That your view may be wrong? Or are you a chicken? Buck buck. :-)

• Like 1

verified by history.

Then study the fucking history. Show me one bit of history that you have studied that supports your claim. Show me one hint that any of us are being biased in our assessment.

You don't like what Ravenstar showed you, so now you're ducking behind half-assed excuses. "We just disagree." "We should look without bias."

The facts of history are not bias. And remember ALL OF US HERE USED TO BE CHRISTIAN. When I first realized how bad the history of the church was, my bias was in FAVOR of Christianity.

Nobody can be totally free from bias, and it's arrogant of you to claim that as a goal--let alone suggest you know how to do it.

But your assertions absent any backing--that's just proof that the ONLY thing you have is bias.

verified by history.

• Like 1

verified by history.

So what happened during the Crusades....in your unbiased opinion?

Crap mymistake.. you beat me to it

:D    10.gif

I have seen it all now.  I give up on this troll.

Crap mymistake.. you beat me to it

biggrin.png    10.gif

But your image got the point across better!

3.gif 

Nice one!

We have records from the inquisition, and the tools of torture… eyewitness accounts. It's VERY well documented. Same with the Crusades. 

http://www.academia.edu/Documents/in/Spanish_Inquisition

http://www.academia.edu/Documents/in/Crusades

wow… just, wow.

Some people are better with picture books  zDuivel7.gif

verified by history.

You know how you sound after finishing a bottle of brandy on your own? You kind of become very opinionated and reason, proof and logic goes out the window. That's how I read Ironhorses statements. 

"I'm shaying we shwould history schtufy wishout a biatshh."

Ironhorse, go home, you're drunk.