Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

Blah blah blah mindless drivel from the buybull

• Like 2

Note: I have posted the Sunday Dispatch online for over a decade. When I first posted

it here in the Lion's Den I thought I would start it out as number one (using previously Dispatches) but since today's

is number six-hundred and sixty-six, I'm going to start posting the Dispatch here as it is posted

elsewhere. 

Sunday Dispatch.666

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

~1 John 4:1-3 (New International Version)

Test god!  

Don't test god!  

These and more contradictions brought to you by the buybull.

• Like 1

What about this:

Luke 8:27-28:

When Jesus had stepped out on land, there met him a man from the city who had demons. For a long time he had worn no clothes, and he had not lived in a house but among the tombs. 28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell down before him and said with a loud voice, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me.” 

This is a direct contradiction.  The demons in this man recognised and declared Jesus as the son of god.

What do you make of that Ironhorse?

Note that the test isn't anything verifiable.  Its only test is:  "every sprit that jesus came in the flesh is from god, but every spirit that does not is not from god."

1.  A man claims he's received a vision from jesus, and he acknowledges that jesus came in the flesh.  The vision told him to shoot a bunch of people at a movie theater.

2.  Another man claims he's received a vision from Allah, and he does not acknowledge that jesus was god.  The vision told him to give his wealth to the poor when he dies.

According to IH's test, 1 must be valid because it passed the test.

I say both are invalid, but man 2's intentions were good because it would benefit mankind rather than harm it.  

Note: I have posted the Sunday Dispatch online for over a decade. When I first posted

it here in the Lion's Den I thought I would start it out as number one (using previously Dispatches) but since today's

is number six-hundred and sixty-six, I'm going to start posting the Dispatch here as it is posted

elsewhere. 

Sunday Dispatch.666

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Then how 'bout you just keep posting it elsewhere, since it's doing no one any good here?

• Like 2

elsewhere. 

Sunday Dispatch.666

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

Mark 3:11

why is he posting verses of the bible? he used to post other quotes from chicken soup from various sources, which would be more interesting,,,,,

if i want bible verses, i can read that fucking bible,,,,,

please dispatch other the bullshit from the buybull,,,,

if not, would ask moderators to lock the thread,,,,,,

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God, Mark 3:11. 

elsewhere. 

Sunday Dispatch.666

And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

Mark 3:11

Xtify, 

What a great post.

What Ironhorse will say, however, is that those unclean spirits that called out to Jesus were sent from God. It wouldn't be the first time in the Bible that God sent unclean spirits to do his bidding.

• Like 1

At some point it must start to hurt trying to justify all the things in the bible jesus.gif

What Ironhorse will say, however, is that those unclean spirits that called out to Jesus were sent from God. It wouldn't be the first time in the Bible that God sent unclean spirits to do his bidding.

Yeah.  If dodgeball was an Olympic sport, Ironhorse could be on the US team.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

Ironhorse, I rebuke you in the name of jesus and in the name of jesus I command you to leave this website and never return to it.  Whatsoever ye bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.  I bind you in the name of jesus that you may never post again on this site.  At the name of jesus every knee shall bow.

Now, Ironhorse, should we ever hear from you again, we will know that your spirit is not from god, because you have been ordered in the name of jesus to go away.  Coming back means that you do not acknowledge jesus; and possibly that you are the antichrist.

Bye...

• Like 4

elsewhere. 

Sunday Dispatch.666

I'm sorry you still believe in that stuff. A good portion of the BS I was fed in church I thought was ridiculous. I saw how it made a gullible fool of my then wife which spilled into other areas of her life (she would believe anything door to door sales people would tell her). Though Christianity infected me enough to feel some guilt and fear after a decade of 'service' to Christ. My deconversion wasnt devastating like others here... more like getting rid of a chronic infection.

Do you have your own thoughts or doubts about Jesus that you are willing to share? If people are here on this board I doubt posting bible verses is going to bring them back to Jesus. We're all aware of the bible and what's in it. Do you sit around with your friends spewing bible verses? Or do you talk about what's happening in your life? Are you a human being with something to say? Do you have your own opinion on things? Or are you just a Yes Man for Jesus?  I admit, robots for Christ are fun to debate but don't you ever get tired of praising something that is never really self evident? Doesn't it ever get annoying that you have to continually tell yourself over and over all the time that Jesus is real?

I have reached my 50s and through the years have come to a place where I know it can be a good thing to kiss some butt, but daily praise of something that never ever shows itself is beyond my comprehension.

Ok, carry on with your mission, sir.

• Like 1

Ironhorse, I rebuke you in the name of jesus and in the name of jesus I command you to leave this website and never return to it.  Whatsoever ye bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.  I bind you in the name of jesus that you may never post again on this site.  At the name of jesus every knee shall bow.

Now, Ironhorse, should we ever hear from you again, we will know that your spirit is not from god, because you have been ordered in the name of jesus to go away.  Coming back means that you do not acknowledge jesus; and possibly that you are the antichrist.

Bye...

As it is written in John 14:13 ... 

If IH returns then Jesus is not honoring his scriptural commitment. :-)

Prof, I'm sure IH will just invoke Acts 8:9-24/19:13, or Mark 9:38, or some other verse to show how you can't use the name of Jesus to keep him away.

Verily I say unto thee, this kind (Ironhorse) cometh not out but by ignoring and not feeding.  Not that I'm helping to get rid of him, much to my chagrin. 

Sunday Dispatch.667

One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.

~George Herbert

Yup, dads are very important, I agree.

As a contrast to every wonderful loving dad, here's this guy:

6486a37d62f12eea011e1715de4e57e5098a9904

I didn't realise we were already to lesson #667.  

I must have fallen asleep for a few hundred or so.

• Super Moderator

Yeah, in honor of Father's Day...

abe.jpg

• Like 3

Wow. I had no idea Jesus talked about stardom and box seats and prayer warriors. Boy, I'll bet all that 21st century lingo really confused the heck out of everybody in his day.

My thoughts, exactly. Of course, we should expect something like this from such a cool, hip guy as tin pony.

• Super Moderator

Wow. I had no idea Jesus talked about stardom and box seats and prayer warriors. Boy, I'll bet all that 21st century lingo really confused the heck out of everybody in his day.

My thoughts, exactly. Of course, we should expect something like this from such a cool, hip guy as tin pony.

Y'all just ain't understanding it within the proper historical context.

• Like 1

IH,

Interesting clip and the Herbert quote is true I think-- teachers are very important, but fathers much more so in the development of children.

Thank goodness that the world is not ruled by Yahweh.  An indifferent universe is far better than one than the God(s?) of Scripture who often descend to the depths of hatred and malevolence towards their children.  Do I exaggerate?

Perhaps you'll recall Deut 27-28 where the Heavenly Father threatens a horrific litany of curses and torments for Israel including: disaster, panic, fiery heat, drought, blight, mildew, defeat in war, boils, ulcers, scurvy, itches, madness, blindness, mental confusion, locusts, worms, hunger, thirst, nakedness, exile, various diseases, fear, anxiety, despondency, and even the reduction to cannibalism of one’s own children (Deut 27-28).  Not only does the Father threaten such things, but he said he would enjoy them: “the Lord will take delight in bringing to you ruin and destruction” (Deut 28:63).  

"No good father would want to resemble the heavenly Father" said Denis Diderot.  Amen.

Happy Father's Day to all out there who, Christian or no, do their best not to act like the Heavenly Father of Scripture when he's at his worst...

• Super Moderator

Perhaps you'll recall Deut 27-28 where the Heavenly Father threatens a horrific litany of curses and torments for Israel including: disaster, panic, fiery heat, drought, blight, mildew, defeat in war, boils, ulcers, scurvy, itches, madness, blindness, mental confusion, locusts, worms, hunger, thirst, nakedness, exile, various diseases, fear, anxiety, despondency, and even the reduction to cannibalism of one’s own children (Deut 27-28).  Not only does the Father threaten such things, but he said he would enjoy them: “the Lord will take delight in bringing to you ruin and destruction” (Deut 28:63).  

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"  Matthew 7:11

I'm the evil one here?

Amazing how you keep this sunday dispatch thing alive...

And father's day...hm. Brings up mixed feelings. While my biological father is long dead my adopting father has not really been a father, just a provider. While I am thankful he provided for me I can't really be thankful for anything else and while I never really found that father in heaven that supposedly is the perfect one all this day does is evoke mixed feelings within me.

But I want to say: Yes to all you great fathers out there. Yes to all of you who love your children and teach them to think for themselves, who support your children and be good examples. Thank you for doing your best at parenting and growing a new generation. Thank you for the love you give.

And this is my sunday dispatch. It comes from the bottom of my heart.

Cheers!

Thanks for the slam on teachers, IH. Another awesome and tactful post for you.

Ironhorse apparently sees a father and teachers as two different and conflicting influences.  He has a need to determine which is "better".  If that is his experience and his need, in his life, that's fine.  Like all holier-than-thou and infantile proselytizers, he attempts to impose that dichotomy and competition upon everyone else.  Others may look at their father and their teachers as a composite.  Their father provides a certain nurturing and their teachers provide a certain nurturing, sometimes overlapping and sometimes not, sometimes healthy and sometimes not, the result being a fuller and more robust mixture of influences, guidance and lessons, the sum being greater than the parts.

Of course, Ironhorse's real mission, with yet another of his shallow, hollow, vacuous, disingenuous and flat out lazy cut and pastes, is to claim his particular sky fairy is his most important influence, and to claim (with the required but hidden hubris) this must therefore be true for all others.