Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

Thanks for the slam on teachers, IH. Another awesome and tactful post for you.

I taught 7th grade language arts for many years. It wasn't a slam on teachers.

It is true, I believe, that parents have much more influence on their children

than teachers. 

Concerning the jump to 667...from last week:

Note: I have posted the Sunday Dispatch online for over a decade. When I first posted

it here in the Lion's Den I thought I would start it out as number one (using previously Dispatches) but since today's

is number six-hundred and sixty-six, I'm going to start posting the Dispatch here as it is posted

elsewhere.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Wait, you are reposting something from one of your old blogs?

Maybe this thread should be locked or deleted.

Pretty bad, isn't it? IH is not only foisting meaningless tripe on us every Sunday. He's foisting meaningless, RECYCLED tripe on us. And it's all just to stroke his own ego. I don't think the thread should be deleted because it's a good example of how a certain type of "hip" christian plays the game and it might help some unsuspecting seeker to recognize the type. But definitely this thread is long overdue for being locked.

Pretty bad, isn't it? IH is not only foisting meaningless tripe on us every Sunday. He's foisting meaningless, RECYCLED tripe on us. And it's all just to stroke his own ego. I don't think the thread should be deleted because it's a good example of how a certain type of "hip" christian plays the game and it might help some unsuspecting seeker to recognize the type. But definitely this thread is long overdue for being locked.

Retro-BS. :-)

i don't think IH says this is recycled crap, but the same fresh poop he shit in other forums,,,,,

Ah, no he is not foisting anything on us...it is everyone who participates in his crap who is foisting it over himself. Grow up. Leave this thread and Ironhorse alone, problem solved.

danger11.gif

firedevil.gif

This is POST

zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif    666 zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif

Bar6.gif          

markofthebeast.jpg             

666-the-mark-of-the-beast-what-everyone-

carbon_666_tax.jpg?w=316&h=256anekshghta.jpg

Beats-by-dre-666.jpg

heineken-666.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

zDuivel7.gif

Now, carry on...

• Like 3

danger11.gif

firedevil.gif

This is POST

zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif    666 zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel7.gif

Bar6.gif          

markofthebeast.jpg             

666-the-mark-of-the-beast-what-everyone-

carbon_666_tax.jpg?w=316&h=256anekshghta.jpg

Beats-by-dre-666.jpg

heineken-666.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

zDuivel7.gif

Now, carry on...

Just wait until you've reached 666 upvotes. Then you'll finally be permitted to wear the mark of the beast on your forehead!

Sunday Dispatch.668

"I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity."

~C.S. Lewis

Sunday Dispatch.668

"I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity."

~C.S. Lewis

Good--'cause we've already been christians and we found it didn't work, so we left it.

You are wasting your time with crap like this.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

Sunday Dispatch.668

~C.S. Lewis

What's the point of life if you're not going to make decisions that will increase your own happiness?

• Like 2

C.S. Lewis? You've hit rock bottom now, unless you have some inspiring Ray Comfort quotes.

• Like 3

Same horse shit, different Sunday.

• Like 3

Sunday Dispatch.668

~C.S. Lewis

I don't recommend it either. I didn't like the mental manipulation or its OCD minions. It really doesn't have any redeeming qualities. Finally ironhorse and I both agree on something. Neither of us recommend Christianity.
  • Like 3

A bottle of port is better than Christian brainwashing - and it makes you feel much better..

Sunday Dispatch.668

~C.S. Lewis

What's the point of life if you're not going to make decisions that will increase your own happiness?

Sunday Dispatch.668

~C.S. Lewis

Gosh, I'm much too happy right now...maybe I should become a Christian?

• Like 3

Sunday Dispatch.668

~C.S. Lewis

Thank you Ironhorse...no news really. That's why we left religion behind.

And you know, I always hated when people told me stuff I already knew. It's boring and tells much about you not really knowing who we actually are...and not even listening to what we are saying. How do you expect anyone to listen to you?

• Like 2

Sunday Dispatch.668

~C.S. Lewis

Well, I don't know about that. Most of the christians I know appear quite comfortable. Very sure of themselves, too. And many of them wallow in a sense of superiority. 

Maybe the best word would be "smug."

• Like 2

Folks, remember that poster (before the interwebs...I mean a poster like someone might hang on their wall) that said "what if they threw a war and nobody showed up"?

I wonder if we can do this with this Sunday Dispatch thread.

I say let it sink. At some point, we are being played. I mean, fun is fun, but is this really fun? IH posts some drivel, and we spend our time responding to it like we are writing letters to the editor of People magazine about Kim and Kanye's wedding.

The Lion's Den is better than this, IMHO.

• Like 3

Sunday Dispatch.669

We may ignore, but we cannot evade, the presence of God.
The world is crowded with Him.
He walks everywhere.

~C.S. Lewis, Perelandra

Sunday Dispatch.669

He walks everywhere.

~C.S. Lewis, Perelandra

We may ignore, but we cannot evade, the presence of the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

The world is crowded with her.

She walks everywhere.

And rainbows come out of her ass.

We may ignore, but we cannot evade, the presence of PRICKS.

The world is crowded with PRICKS.

PRICKS walk everywhere.

• Like 2

Sunday Dispatch.669

He walks everywhere.

~C.S. Lewis, Perelandra

This is a good example of the hubris many theists employ by assuming they can speaks for others.  Let me rewrite the quote as follows:

"I may ignore, but I cannot evade, the presence of God.

I believe the world is crowded with Him.

I believe He walks everywhere."

Now, that's certainly more accurate, as the author is speaking for only for himself, not for others and is being honest by identifying that he is stating his personal belief as opposed to some verified fact.

• Like 2