Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

Sunday Dispatch.669

We may ignore, but we cannot evade, the presence of God.

The world is crowded with Him.

He walks everywhere.

~C.S. Lewis, Perelandra

Then why do people have to keep advertising him? He should be self-evident...

• Like 1

Sunday Dispatch.669

He walks everywhere.

~C.S. Lewis, Perelandra

Makes just about as much sense as this:

• Like 1

^^^LMAOlaugh.png cool.png

Sunday Dispatch.669

He walks everywhere.

~C.S. Lewis, Perelandra

This is a good example of the hubris many theists employ by assuming they can speaks for others.  Let me rewrite the quote as follows:

"I may ignore, but I cannot evade, the presence of God.

I believe the world is crowded with Him.

I believe He walks everywhere."

Now, that's certainly more accurate, as the author is speaking for only for himself, not for others and is being honest by identifying that he is stating his personal belief as opposed to some verified fact.

Yes, I would give you upvotes if I had any.

Guest afireinside

We may ignore, but we cannot evade, the presence of PRICKS.

The world is crowded with PRICKS.

PRICKS walk everywhere.

Hahaha that post made me think of the speech at the end of Team America:World Police....

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks.

And the Film Actors Guild are pussies.

Kim Jong Il is an asshole.

Pussies don't like dicks because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. Assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck a asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate. And it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are a inch and half away from assholes. I don't know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this. If you don't let us fuck this asshole we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit.

Ironhorse

When are you going to share with us something NEW!

You know, something we have not heard a thousand times already?

Something interesting...something REAL.

It somehow makes me sad to see you post the same shit every week again and again. Like an LP with a crack in it.

Sunday Dispatch.670

For food in a world where many walk in hunger
For faith in a world where many walk in fear
For friends in a world where many walk alone
We give you thanks, O Lord

In the name of Christ we pray.

Amen

And screw anyone else that he couldn't be bothered to help.

Sunday Dispatch.670

Amen

Why would I give thanks to the christian god for any of that?  I would only do so if I thought God had given me food, peace, and friends.  He didn't give me any of that and he didn't create the world.  

I am thankful, but not to him.  I'm thankful to the actual people that make things happen, not some imaginary god.  

Why is it that your god needs so much thanks and praise anyway?  Why is he such a worship lusting egomaniac?  Is this a good quality, to you?

Sunday Dispatch.670

For food in a world where many walk in hunger...dying and no God comforting them because he is busy caring for my food...

For faith in a world where many walk in fear...like fear of hell...not being enough for God...not being a real christian...not getting his teachings right...not hearing his voice...

For friends in a world where many walk alone...the illusion of having friends because when you go to church they pretend to be excited for you to show up but never dare to call you or find tons of excuses when asking them to meet up outside of church events...

We give you thanks, O Lord...for leading me out of this religion and becoming an atheist. Because now I live so much freer and happier. I don't have to be thankful for the food I eat and think of the people who don't have food but be happy I have something to eat, enjoy it fully and be responsible by not throwing stuff away because I realize it is produced by people and not brought to me by a supernatural being, I don't have to live in fear that an eternal penalty is waiting for my friends who have not yet accepted Christ and not fearing to get blamed for not telling them, and no more fake friends! YEY! So thankful!

In the name of Christ we pray...shooobidooooooo

Amen...yes.

• Like 1

Guest Marty

Sunday Dispatch.670

Amen

In the name of chrast YOU prey (spelling intended).  Do not include me, even by implication, in your delusion.

How dare  you try to include us in your little feeble fairy tale prayer!  This is an EX christian site!

I move that this thread finally be locked now.

P.S.  Fuck your jesus and fuck your holy spirit!!

Sunday Dispatch.670

WHAT HAPPEN TO MANNA FROM HEAVEN?

THE BIBLE'S HELL,,,, WHAT CAN BE MORE FEARFUL

THATS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS FEEL, RELYING ON THE ABSENTEE GOD

AND GOD SAYS FUCK YOU TOO

CHRIST IS THE TITLE NOT NAME, DUMBASS

Amen

Sunday Dispatch.670

Amen

In the name of chrast YOU prey (spelling intended).  Do not include me, even by implication, in your delusion.

How dare  you try to include us in your little feeble fairy tale prayer!  This is an EX christian site!

I move that this thread finally be locked now.

P.S.  Fuck your jesus and fuck your holy spirit!!

I agree, this thread is pointless, and only serves to inflate, and stroke IH's own ego.

Fuck the trinity, and fuck the prayers.

More accurate:

In the name of Christ we prey.

• Like 1

'Im going to make them require food in order to stay alive, and then I'm going to provide some of them with enough! I'm a genius!' (Nonstampcollector paraphrase)

• Like 2

Sunday Dispatch.670

00290-24.jpg

---

monicks-religion.jpeg

---

296a0410ee11.gif

Amen

You are one narcissistic guy IH.

• Like 2

^^^^ Fantastic post, Roz!

Ironhorse

It somehow makes me sad to see you post the same shit every week again and again. Like an LP with a crack in it.

They need to install a Capcha thing to verify he's not a bot. :-)

• Like 1

Sunday Dispatch.670

Amen

THIS is one of the reasons why I started being critical toward christianity. So, why does god bless one person rather the other??? So, if someone is poor, sick and does not have any friends and family, is it because he does something that offended god? If yes, what about forgiveness and unconditional love? If not, then why? What about the just god? Don't start with testing the faith. Don't start with it is god's plan, a lazy way to defend god.

• Like 1

Sunday Dispatch.670

Amen

Get that OCD under control, sir. :-)

http://www.ocdtypes.com/religious-ocd.php

• Like 2

Ironhorse

They need to install a Capcha thing to verify he's not a bot. :-)

Well even if he is a human being he is still a bot.

• Like 1

Sunday Dispatch.701

Steve McQueen is one of my favorite actors. One thing I liked about him was that in scenes where he was being shot at, he looked scared. This made his films more realistic to me. He didn’t come across as a super hero immune to danger. He could express a wide range of emotions.

I was watching one of his films a few nights ago and it brought back some thoughts about Steve McQueen and his life…and about his faith.

The part of his life I want to share concerns the last part of his life. Note: Quoted paragraph is from Southern Yankee Gospel and McQueen quotes from Notes in the Key of Life.

This final chapter of his life started when he hired a pilot to teach him to fly.

"The pilot who taught him was a man in his early 60s by the name of Sammy Mason. Self-described as cranky and difficult to get along with, he became fast friends with McQueen. As they shared long hours in the air, talking together about the meaning of life, Steve sensed that there was something different about him. The more time they spent together, the more he wanted to know what Mason’s secret was. One day he asked him outright. Mason sat down with the aging actor and explained what, or rather who, had made the difference in his life. The answer, he said, was Jesus Christ."

A few weeks later while attending church, McQueen accepted Christ.

Several months later that year McQueen was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma, a fast-spreading and incurable form of cancer. The news was crushing because he had expected God to use him in some great way now that he was a Christian.

While he was undergoing experimental treatments for his cancer, McQueen met with some doctors who practiced visualization techniques to encourage healing. In his interviews with them, McQueen repeatedly talked about his faith and how he wanted to share it with others.

"...you mentioned earlier about finding a cure in my life. Well, that cure was finding the Lord in my life.”

McQueen endured several treatments and operations, but a physical cure was not to be.

Four days after Billy Graham visited him in the hospital McQueen died with a Bible resting on his chest. It was opened to his favorite verse: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, so that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

One person's subjective beliefs do not tell us anything about objective truth.

Sunday Dispatch.701

Steve McQueen is one of my favorite actors. One thing I liked about him was that in scenes where he was being shot at, he looked scared. This made his films more realistic to me. He didn’t come across as a super hero immune to danger. He could express a wide range of emotions.

I was watching one of his films a few nights ago and it brought back some thoughts about Steve McQueen and his life…and about his faith.

The part of his life I want to share concerns the last part of his life. Note: Quoted paragraph is from Southern Yankee Gospel and McQueen quotes from Notes in the Key of Life.

This final chapter of his life started when he hired a pilot to teach him to fly.

"The pilot who taught him was a man in his early 60s by the name of Sammy Mason. Self-described as cranky and difficult to get along with, he became fast friends with McQueen. As they shared long hours in the air, talking together about the meaning of life, Steve sensed that there was something different about him. The more time they spent together, the more he wanted to know what Mason’s secret was. One day he asked him outright. Mason sat down with the aging actor and explained what, or rather who, had made the difference in his life. The answer, he said, was Jesus Christ."

A few weeks later while attending church, McQueen accepted Christ.

Several months later that year McQueen was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma, a fast-spreading and incurable form of cancer. The news was crushing because he had expected God to use him in some great way now that he was a Christian.

While he was undergoing experimental treatments for his cancer, McQueen met with some doctors who practiced visualization techniques to encourage healing. In his interviews with them, McQueen repeatedly talked about his faith and how he wanted to share it with others.

"...you mentioned earlier about finding a cure in my life. Well, that cure was finding the Lord in my life.”

McQueen endured several treatments and operations, but a physical cure was not to be.

Four days after Billy Graham visited him in the hospital McQueen died with a Bible resting on his chest. It was opened to his favorite verse: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, so that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Yak yak yak yak

Absolutely pointless. Steve McQueen was dying and afraid of death so he grasped whatever phony-baloney comfort he could -- and he died anyway. Yep, sure makes me want to crawl bad to the delusion of christianity -- NOT.

• Like 4