Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Dispatch

ironhorse

Sunday Dispatch.4

Mick has to get up in the morning with a plan. Who he's going to call, what he's going to eat, where he's going to go. Me, I wake up, praise the Lord, then make sure all the phones are turned off.

~Keith Richards, Newsweek

Celebrities know more about religion than regular people...celebrities are god's chosen people...here listen to the wisdom of this celebrity....

WEEN

George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd. - Sam Harris
  • Like 4

Ironhorse, why is it that you never respond to any of the posts I make on any or your threads?  If you're scared, just say you're scared.  If not, man up and start engaging me.

I have responded to some of your post. I will check and see which ones I missed.

Yeah, this drive-by, random quote with nothing to do with anything thread doesn't make much sense.

Which one or ones did not make any sense?

Yeah, this drive-by, random quote with nothing to do with anything thread doesn't make much sense.

Which one or ones did not make any sense?

The whole concept doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here.

Awaits the next installment of the Sunday Quote about Jesus, the imaginary friend who continually fails to appear in person and actually do anything.

I'm betting on the usual "peaceful easy feelin'" stuff with a vague xian message.

• Like 1

I'm betting on the usual "peaceful easy feelin'" stuff with a vague xian message.

"Come on back , buddy.....Jesus, the invisible, non-existent guy lovvvvvvves you....."

Sunday Dispatch.5

"It is hard to be brave," said Piglet,
sniffling slightly, "when you're only
a Very Small animal."

Rabbit, who had begun to write very
busily, looked up and said: "It is
because you are a very small animal
that will be useful in
the adventures before us."

~A.A.Milne

025-When-I-was-a-kid-I-had-an-imaginary-

• Like 3

"Come on back , buddy.....Jesus, the invisible, non-existent guy lovvvvvvves you....."

Worse. Apparently Pooh Bear and his friends wuv you.

Which inspires me that stories and art and literature are important and powerful.

But that was actually part of my deconversion. 'cause in heaven, we wouldn't have stories, which are based on imperfection and conflict and growth. If everything's perfect, you wouldn't need stories. They wouldn't make any sense.

And I don't want to be in a place like that. I like growth and change and imperfection, and I love stories.

• Like 2

"For god so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Pooh....."

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

More like "God poohed on the world."

• Like 2

Sunday Dispatch.5

a Very Small animal."

that will be useful in

~A.A.Milne

The amount of edification I get from the Sunday Dispatch is staggering.

• Like 1

Gosh, ever since the Sunday Dispatch started, I feel like I need Jesus again! lol. just kidding.

I've got a spare Jesus laying about if you change your mind. I'm not using mine any more. ;)

More like "God poohed on the world."

Actually I couldn't agree more with the Prof.  Even if you agree completely with orthodox evangelical doctrine, before Jesus mankind was judged by their level of trust in some unknown savior figure (known to Jews as "the messiah") to save you from your sins apart from your own works.  Along comes Jesus, and all of a sudden you have to leave your mother and father, brothers, sisters, lands, etc. to follow him, or you will die in your sins.  From where I sit, the only function Jesus serves is to send you to eternal conscious torment in hell.

So yes, on that first Christmas Day, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ effectively took a dump on humanity by sending his son us.  Jesus Christ is a worthless pile of shit and ought to be discarded in the same way as every other piece of excrement that comes from men's anuses.

• Like 1

"They only have the power over us that we give them"

-unknown famous author

Sunday Dispatch.5

a Very Small animal."

that will be useful in

~A.A.Milne

Winnie the Pooh? Seriously? This is not your thing my friend....

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death - Albert Einstein 
  • Like 1

Sunday Dispatch.6

Hey, King! Where’s your crown, where’s your Cadillac?
I’ve never seen a king before – on a donkey’s back.

~Paul Grant & Marian Palmer

057-The-bible-is-like-a-software-license

• Like 6

paul grant and marian palmer shpuld read more,,,,

a prince became monk and beg for food

037-Dungeons-Dragons-650x429.jpg

• Like 1

This Sunday, I'm especially thankful to not have woken up for church!  In fact I can scarcely remember the last time I went to church.  I rather like this idea of the Sunday dispatch.  It reminds me that my Sundays are now a day of rest.

• Like 3