Goodbye Jesus

Omg! The Boring Post Thread Got Padlocked!

duderonomy

It's 'Too'... 'Tune Too'. Not "Two"...

And, thanks! I think.

I think you're welcome Fwee. Sorry I got the spelling incorrect, but hey I remembered, right?

Did you notice my manual fade at the end of the second tune? Ha-ha! I couldn't figure out how to get the program to do it, so I actually played the fade. That's why even though the music is fading, my fingers sliding on the strings sound the same. :)

That's cool. I've used the fade out on Audacity when I was recording some old bar gigs from cassette to digital. I assumed that's what you did!   

Fwee, now that I think of it could you do an acoustic intro cover of the Rolling Stones "Angie" like this one

?     I bet you could.

I'd like to sing this one if you don't mind, or if you aren't busy wanting to blow Jeff.

"Margee. Marrr-gee, when will those clouds all disappear? Margee;  Margee. where will it lead us from here? With no lovin' in our souls, and no money in our coats, you can't say we're satisfied", and so on.

You know, like that. It's all about the song, Fwee, and the band.

• Like 1

I gave my acoustic to my son probably around the same time I recorded those two pieces. I doubt I'd remember all of either of those if I attempted them now. And I'm sure I've lost most of the muscle memory to switch between chords. It'd be almost like starting over again.

Thing is, if we all were properly equipped and everyone here knew how to use Audacity, we actually could build songs together using that program and Dropbox.

Oh and before I forget for the umpteenth time, here are the links to my two tunes that I put together about 9 years ago on my acoustic guitar. Keep in mind that these were recorded on a computer using a program called Audacity and a really crappy microphone that we used back in the day to talk on the internet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hqzs4nkeagc1dv/My%20Tune.mp3?dl=0

I added a slight echo to this next one since it is all single notes. The effect helps to "fill" the gaps between the notes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/838sdrc65gnlvvs/My%20Tune%20Too.mp3?dl=0

The first one is 9.3mb and the second is 7.6. So make sure to download the entire files before listening. These sound the best through decent speakers or headphones.

Let me know what y'all think. :)

Nicely done! Very soothing to listen to.
  • Like 1

Thanks, Jeff. smile.png

I said you could play an intro to a Rolling Stones song, and I get nothing? 

Think how I feel...

It seems like I broke the internet when I posted my tunes. This thread was active as hell, then I post some homemade shit and everybody disappears.

Think how I feel...

It seems like I broke the internet when I posted my tunes. This thread was active as hell, then I post some homemade shit and everybody disappears.

You're in the band, my friend. It's all good, Fwee.  A lot of roadies gave their guitars away. Look, I'll go get Margee and Daffy back, while you go get Jeff (and Travi, and Furball the kazooman, and etc. back), ok?

Oh, and Fwee, before you cry, look again at #245. I can't get one upvote for my story arc humor. I think I even explained it later, and then pointed it out, and then just pandered. I mean WTF, you know?

Bands go through phases. We've all probably just been experimenting with hallucinogens and yoga induced mental prep for the grueling first practice.

We're all good here.

• Like 2

Seriously though, I've been so stunned by current events lately, I've just been kinda sitting back watching with a dumb look on my face. Not been posting as much. Crazy time right now.

• Like 3

Think how I feel...

It was awesome Fwee!! Very, very nice! I think this band could work out just fine! 

That's ok. The Boring Post Thread got unlocked, and that was the point the whole time.  Toenails, bitches!

Just an acknowledgement of my comedic genius will do, but ok I'll take a trophy for just showing up.

Post 245: This is sooooooooooooo friggin funny!! It even deserves a point. Are you happy now??

yelrotflmao.gif yelrotflmao.gif  

Bands go through phases. We've all probably just been experimenting with hallucinogens and yoga induced mental prep for the grueling first practice.

We're all good here.

Yes, Jeff, I just got back from doing a 10 day 'silent yoga meditation' on top of a mountain to find my inner self. Now, I finally understand who I am! But I must keep it a secret!! yellow.gif

I'm thinking about getting a couple of tiny tattoos. Just can't decide. What do y'all think?

I'm thinking about getting a couple of tiny tattoos. Just can't decide. What do y'all think?

Me too Daff. Go for it. I want a little butterfly!! yellow.gif What are you thinking about?

Yeah. Do it.

I would if there was anything I felt strong enough about.

I've always been intrigued by it, but like you, Jeff, I could never come up with anything I was willing to have on my body for the rest of my life. I finally decided on two things that always make me smile - a tiny yellow daffodil on my left inner wrist, and a tiny owl with that quirky head tilt on my inner right wrist. That way no one would generally see them except me, and they would always make me smile!

That's ok. The Boring Post Thread got unlocked, and that was the point the whole time.  Toenails, bitches!

Just an acknowledgement of my comedic genius will do, but ok I'll take a trophy for just showing up.

Post 245: This is sooooooooooooo friggin funny!! It even deserves a point. Are you happy now??

yelrotflmao.gif yelrotflmao.gif  

It deserves a "point"? Are you a Canadian or something?

I've always been intrigued by it, but like you, Jeff, I could never come up with anything I was willing to have on my body for the rest of my life. I finally decided on two things that always make me smile - a tiny yellow daffodil on my left inner wrist, and a tiny owl with that quirky head tilt on my inner right wrist. That way no one would generally see them except me, and they would always make me smile!

If they make you smile now, you don't need tats. But what if they don't make you smile later? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.