Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Why would an all-good God base our salvation from Hell on whether or not we believe in a 2,000-year-old supernatural story?

Lyra

This is halirious. The entire premise of Judaism is that:

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord Deuteronomy 6:4-15King James Version (KJV)

But Stranger is advocating for three gods in one.... which is one of the reasons Jews reject the whole Jesus thing. When you read the Old Testament you can see why.

No, Christianity does no advocate three gods in one.   One God but three persons of the Godhead.     Jews reject the whole Jesus thing because they reject God.  Have you ever read the Old Testament?

Stranger

Stranger you don't seem to get that you are being dishonest. Why should we believe ANYTHING you say? You can't even admit to giving BAA different stories of when you read the article.

You seem to have this terrible metal issue wherein someone posts something (Say the quran says you need faith, or BAA posting your entire exchange showing what you said) and you still hold to your line despite you being shown wrong. The Quran does say you need faith, and you did change things with BAA. Its in black and white... in this thread.

Try and be honest, just once.

Poster Stranger exhibits delusional behavior.

delusional
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Well, we are in the  800's post wise.  So I apparently have responded and answered many questions.    

Quantity of assertions does not mean answered questions. You are not so much addressing the issues as just repeating assertions with no foundation.

I gave an example, not my experience, of a believer being healed by God of cancer.   The doctor acknowledges he had cancer but it is gone.  The believer knows God healed him.  The doctor just says he doesn't know.   So, how would you respond to that believer who said God healed him?

Natural remissions happen all the time, and not just in believers of Jesus. If your example believed in Zeus they would attribute the healing to Zeus. I can give you a testimony of a man who said Allah saved his baby when there was no medical hope for her. Would you like me to link the testimony, and what is your response to claims from other religions of 'healings' from whatever god they believe in.

The koran simply took truths from the Bible and perverted them.   So, of course I reject all it says.  The claim that Christianity  did the same with the Old Testament is not true.  Jesus Christ and the New Testament are a fulfillment of the Old Testament.    Yes,, I reject all other religions and their writings.

The Christians simply took truths from the old testament and perverted them.   So, of course I reject all it says.  The claim that Christianity  did the same with the Old Testament is true.  Jesus Christ and the New Testament are a shoe horning in bits of the Old Testament to fit the narrative.   This is one of the reasons Christianity can be shown to be false.

I don't know about 'logical fallacies'.

You should learn about them, and avoid them in discussions such as this. It will make your arguments much stronger. Because I care about you having a decent conversation here is a link to resources on logical fallacies.

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/resources/logical-fallacies

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

I know about God and Christ and the Bible.  You say I can't have any claim to the truth.  The Bible says otherwise.   Your logic moves you away from God.  My faith moves me towards God.

You cannot show the bible to be true in order to back up your claim to truth... that's the point!

Because all are sinners.  From our side we know the offer is there to all and that we need Jesus Christ for our salvation.  

What is "sin"?

Why are we then sinners?

• Like 1

Poster Stranger exhibits delusional behavior.

delusional
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

At this point I'm reminded of several sayings:

Don't talk to a crazy person or you might appear crazy.

Don't argue with a fool - people might not be able to tell the difference.

• Super Moderator

Stranger has evidence for his beliefs.  Its good evidence, believe me.  It's the best evidence in the history of evidence.  And he's going to share his evidence.  He has a plan for sharing evidence.  Believe me.  It's a good plan.  The best plan.  Because he has the best evidence.  

Does this remind you of anyone?

• Like 2

I don't know if he's crazy, in a clinical sense.  He certainly demonstrates delusional behavior.  It's quite fascinating to watch poster Stranger attempt to argue in the rational realm.  Due to his lack of experience with it, and hate for it, he utterly fails.  Clues include (i) how he uses denial and avoidance when caught in a self-made contradiction or lies (there are a few examples of this in this thread), (ii) his repetition of previously asserted religious dogma as a personal safety zone when such repeated assertions are not relevant to the micro-topic of conversation and (iii) his anger and frustration with the whole process of communicating with rational thinkers.

Here's a hypothetical conversation with poster Stranger, just for giggles: 

Me:  If your God told you to kill that person standing on the corner, would you do it?

Stranger:  My God would not tell me to do that.

Me:  How do you know this?

Stranger:  My God is good.

Me:   Well, your God told the Israelites to kill the Canaanites, and they did kill them, at least according to the Bible.

Stranger:  That's because the Canaanites rejected my True God™ and worshipped false gods.  Because of that, they deserved death.  My God is righteous.

Me:  That person standing on the corner rejects your True God™ and worships other gods.  He deserves death, at least according to your righteous God.  Again, if your God told you to kill that person standing on the corner, would you do it?

Stranger:  ???????

(Is.48:16), (Matt.3:16-17)

Stranger

Seems vague.

Stranger has evidence for his beliefs.  Its good evidence, believe me.  It's the best evidence in the history of evidence.  And he's going to share his evidence.  He has a plan for sharing evidence.  Believe me.  It's a good plan.  The best plan.  Because he has the best evidence.  

Does this remind you of anyone?

His plan is tremendous and yuge.

Quantity of assertions does not mean answered questions. You are not so much addressing the issues as just repeating assertions with no foundation.

Natural remissions happen all the time, and not just in believers of Jesus. If your example believed in Zeus they would attribute the healing to Zeus. I can give you a testimony of a man who said Allah saved his baby when there was no medical hope for her. Would you like me to link the testimony, and what is your response to claims from other religions of 'healings' from whatever god they believe in.

The Christians simply took truths from the old testament and perverted them.   So, of course I reject all it says.  The claim that Christianity  did the same with the Old Testament is true.  Jesus Christ and the New Testament are a shoe horning in bits of the Old Testament to fit the narrative.   This is one of the reasons Christianity can be shown to be false.

You should learn about them, and avoid them in discussions such as this. It will make your arguments much stronger. Because I care about you having a decent conversation here is a link to resources on logical fallacies.

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/resources/logical-fallacies

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

You cannot show the bible to be true in order to back up your claim to truth... that's the point!

What is "sin"?

Why are we then sinners?

Says you.

See, your unbelief is proof of what I have been saying.   You don't believe in God.  Thus personal experience with God will also be rejected by you.   Yet, you clamor for my personal experience. 

What truths did Christians take from the Old Testament and pervert?  Be specific because I am going to hold you to this.

I am not concerned with your 'logical fallicies'.    You are.

I am not required to show you that the Bible is true.   You require it of me.  But you are not who I answer to.   

You are sinners becaue you are born of Adam.

Stranger

Seems vague.

Why?

Stranger

I don't know if he's crazy, in a clinical sense.  He certainly demonstrates delusional behavior.  It's quite fascinating to watch poster Stranger attempt to argue in the rational realm.  Due to his lack of experience with it, and hate for it, he utterly fails.  Clues include (i) how he uses denial and avoidance when caught in a self-made contradiction or lies (there are a few examples of this in this thread), (ii) his repetition of previously asserted religious dogma as a personal safety zone when such repeated assertions are not relevant to the micro-topic of conversation and (iii) his anger and frustration with the whole process of communicating with rational thinkers.

Here's a hypothetical conversation with poster Stranger, just for giggles: 

Me:  If your God told you to kill that person standing on the corner, would you do it?

Stranger:  My God would not tell me to do that.

Me:  How do you know this?

Stranger:  My God is good.

Me:   Well, your God told the Israelites to kill the Canaanites, and they did kill them, at least according to the Bible.

Stranger:  That's because the Canaanites rejected my True God™ and worshipped false gods.  Because of that, they deserved death.  My God is righteous.

Me:  That person standing on the corner rejects your True God™ and worships other gods.  He deserves death, at least according to your righteous God.  Again, if your God told you to kill that person standing on the corner, would you do it?

Stranger:  ???????

My, my.  You can't get anywhere in real discussion.  So, lets make up something.   Lets pretend.   And then, lets pretend everyone who reads it believes you are telling the truth. 

Seems you are trusting on everyone believing your made up stories.   But...carry on.  

Stranger

• Super Moderator

My, my.  You can't get anywhere in real discussion.  So, lets make up something.   Lets pretend.   And then, lets pretend everyone who reads it believes you are telling the truth. 

Seems you are trusting on everyone believing your made up stories.   But...carry on.  

Stranger

I see your blood is quite rich in irony.

• Like 3

I see your blood is quite rich in irony.

Why is that?

Stranger

Why?

Stranger

Because they do not describe a trinity.

Because they do not describe a trinity.

Why?

Stranger

Why?

Stranger

When?

When?

No, why don't those verses describe a trinity?

Stranger

Stranger

.... because they don't.....

• Like 1

.... because they don't.....

why?

Stranger

Stranger

Your projection is noted.  I also note you do not understand the term "hypothetical".

I've already decided you are not worth the time to engage.  I post in this thread not to dialog with you, as that would be a waste of time and energy and because your are a little shit Calvinist wannabe.   I post in this thread to help lurkers and other posters observe your emptiness, irrationality, hubris and cowardice, among other things.

But just to speed things up a bit, tell us the part about how your will have internal and blissful life and the folks that don't believe as you do will be terminated by your sky fairies.  That part is always good for laughs. 

Your projection is noted.  I also note you do not understand the term "hypothetical".

I've already decided you are not worth the time to engage.  I post in this thread not to dialog with you, as that would be a waste of time and energy and because your are a little shit Calvinist wannabe.   I post in this thread to help lurkers and other posters observe your emptiness, irrationality, hubris and cowardice, among other things.

But just to speed things up a bit, tell us the part about how your will have internal and blissful life and the folks that don't believe as you do will be terminated by your sky fairies.  That part is always good for laughs. 

if i am not worth the time engaging, why are you engaging?  

Are you laughing?

Stranger

why?

Stranger

When

hmm haven't we seen this conversation?

When

hmm haven't we seen this conversation?

No.  We haven't  Explain why those verses don't prove a Trinity.

Stranger

Stranger

"And now the Sovereign Lord has sent me,
    endowed with his Spirit." 

The Lord sent me: Lord is located somewhere else then?

Endowed with his Spirit: This is vague with respect to a holy trinity. So an errand boy was sent with God's spirit?

If the Kingdom of God is in your heart, or God is in your heart does this mean you are God also? Maybe God is the Father, the Son, The Spirit, Stranger and every Christian who has God in them? Or maybe not?  I think it's a stretch to say the above scripture describes a holy trinity.

But hey, it doesn't matter what I think. :)

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Spirit of God descending like a dove an alighting upon him: This doesn't describe a trinity. Just the spirit dropping by.

Voice from heaven said this is my son: This describes two beings, not a trinity.

If the bible said, "I am the triune God" or "Jesus and the Holy Spirit and God are a three in one being" then it would no longer be vague.

But whatever.

• Like 2

No.  We haven't  Explain why those verses don't prove a Trinity.

Stranger

Note how poster Stranger either (i) does not understand the burden of proof in rational discourse or (ii) does understand that burden of proof and cheats by attempting to shift the burden of proof.

Poster Stranger is the one who merely asserts a certain religious dogma called the "Trinity".  Now, he is demanding those that question his mere assertion prove that he is wrong.  

Poster Stranger is either a dumbass or a devious little shit.  Of course, he could easily be both.

• Like 1