Goodbye Jesus

Prayer Helps No One

Ramen666

We have brains, and brains need rationalization. For me, my goal in life is to raise fine children, and leave my mark through writing.

Well said, and that point is infinitely better than sitting on your ass licking yahweh's balls for trillions of years, which is what christians would be doing if heaven was real (which it isnt).

If there's an eternal afterlife, THEN life is pointless.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott

• Antlerman

• Kuroikaze

• Ramen666

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is truly disgusting. And how is eternal life pointless?

You are disgusting. How is eternal life NOT pointless if all you're gonna do is be around your favorite tyrant and suck his ass 24/7 ?

How am I disgusting? I don't talk about people s**king God's...anything. Eternal life isn't pointless at all. It IS the point. We were created to fellowship with Him.

It's figurative, you dumbfuck. What kind of idiot are you?

If that was really the point of life (and it isn't, because he's not real), then I'd rather have a pointless life, enjoy it while it lasts, and make people around me happy... than side with the horrible demon you worship. YOU are disgusting for supporting and worshipping this monster.

You are also incredibly stupid for believing that he is real.

If that's a "god of love and justice", then hitler was an innocent litttle kitten.

Ok then, that's fine. You don't have to believe what I do. Im aware this is called exchristian, but were you ever a Christian?

If you were, did you just wake up one day and say "Hey, God's a monster!"?

I've already believed, yes. I used to think the characters called god and jesus were kind and friendly and could help me through my life. Because I learned it in school. Luckily enough, my parents never cared about that kind of bullshit.

That, of course, was before I read the bible. Good thing I'm still young and still have my life in front of me. I'm certainly not going to waste it worshipping fairytale monsters.

You learned Christianity is school? That's a first. So why don't you believe in the Bible? Is it because it seems like a fairytale, or in your veiw is God just evil? This is something else that I've wondered. People on this site call God evil and they say He's a fairytale. Why, if God is evil {which He's not}, must it be a fairytale?

We had religion classes in elementary school. They were just to teach us about that culture, I guess. Of course, they described Jesus as the friendly guy in the sky who'd help you if you were in trouble... not the actual biblical character of Jesus, the evil, arrogant monster.

I don't remember them teaching their stuff to us as facts, but when you're a kid, you believe a lot of stuff. So yeah, I thought jesus was real (which means I was a christian); but I was never hardcore about it. I was just a kid who believed in jesus just like I believed in santa.

So why don't you believe in the Bible?

Because it's mythology copied off older mythology which was itself copied from even older stories, etc etc etc,? Why don't you believe in Star Wars? Lord of the Rings? The carebears? Unicorns, elves, smurfs, etc? For the same reason you don't believe in all that stuff, I don't believe the bible's stories: they're just not true.

Why, if God is evil {which He's not}, must it be a fairytale?

What kind of logic is that? No wonder you're a christian.

The fact that he's an evil character has nothing to do with the fact that he's not real. Evil people exist: Hitler, Stallin, etc.

Now, yes he is just a character, he also happens to be evil... but there is no cause and effect here. Darth Vader is evil, right? Is that why you think he's not real? See how frustrating it is when you use crap logic? This is why people are insulting you.

That wasn't crap logic. I've met people who do not believe in God because they believe He's evil, and they don't want to believe in an evil God. And I don't mind being insulted here. I've been called alot worse haha

Yes, it IS crap logic. You are using the word "believe" but you actually mean "worship". You are confusing the 2 words (christians do that a lot). You can't control what you believe. To believe in something just means you think it exists.

Being an evil character has nothing to do with the fact that he doesn't exist. He doesn't exist, because some guy just made him up. That's the reason. He's just a character. That's why I don't believe he exists. Just like Darth Vader.

The fact that they're evil has nothing to do with it. I also don't believe in Superman, even though he's super awesome and cool and kind.

Well, that depends on what you consider evil. My life was empty before I became a Christian. But, to me, God is not a crutch, in that, I don't feel misrable so I create an imaginary friend. It doesn't work that way. You believe in no diety, so, what do you believe is the point of life? If there is no God, then this is basically it and there is no point for our existence. Did evolution create the world? What do you think?

Scott:

Okay, a couple of things (I also notice you've ignored my posts but that's only to be expected).

1> Evolution didn't create the world. Evolution doesn't create worlds. Evolution doesn't create life. Evolution describes the process by which biodiversity is created. Now, before you start launching into any of your ignorant (yes, ignorant, if you ask the question "did evolution create the world" you are completely, woefully and entirely ignorant of Darwinian theory) rebuttals let me make clear what evolution is and is not.

1a> Evolution describes the process by which biodiversity was created on Earth. Evolution is a theory describing the effects of differential reproductive success of competing genotypes in an environment. That's it. Abiogenesis is the theory which covers the creation of life. Evolution describes what happens *after* life appears and there are self-replicating molecules. Inflationary cosmology explains how the Universe itself came into existence. Astronomy is the science which deals with solar system formation.

1b> If evolution didn't happen then nature has a LOT to answer for. Why 250,000 species of beetles? Why several species of bacteria that live in, for instance, highly radioactive environments. Why does all life with the exception of the archae-bacteria and viruses use DNA when there are 15 OTHER available nucleotides that aren't used at all in describing life?

1c> If SOME form of inflationary cosmology didn't occur why is there a uniform cosmic microwave background radiation that is pervasive throughout the Universe and has the signature of an unimaginably high-energy event around 14.5 billion years ago?

2> The fact that life ends at death doesn't rob life of meaning. Ideas of heaven and hell do that. The fact that life ends at death is what *gives* life its meaning because as soon as you recognize that this is the life you get, it suddenly becomes important to do something with your life

3> The point of life is the point you make of it. There's no overarching meaning that applies to all people, in all times, in all places. What's the point of my life? To be a decent human being, to practice compassion, to do more good than harm and hopefully leave the place a little cleaner and nicer than when I got here. YMMV, of course.

Cheers

lf

The fact that life ends at death is what *gives* life its meaning because as soon as you recognize that this is the life you get, it suddenly becomes important to do something with your life

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Well, if it's crap logic, tell those I have talked to, not me. When I said believe, I actually mean believe. I don't confuse the two. For instance, my sister believes in God, but she doesn't worship Him. Some people do not believe in {not to be confused with worship} God because they don't want to believe in a God they believe to be evil. Which, I guess, it's impossible for God to be evil, since "evil" is against His nature in the first place.

Ladyfractal, Christianity gives life a purpose for Christians too, even though we believe there is life after death. We believe that we will be judged after death by Christ Jesus {God} Himself, and that, while it's not the only motivation, is a good one.

No, you didn't mean believe. You said you knew people who didn't believe because they didn't want to believe. That's not belief. You are using the wrong word. Did you mean they're in denial? That would mean they still believe.

Well, if it's crap logic, tell those I have talked to, not me.

I'm telling you because you're the motherfucking idiot who's using the crap logic.

You're telling me some people don't believe in god because they think he's evil? Are you fucking serious? Does that mean they believe in Superman, because he's good?

You gotta be kidding me, if you're telling me this isn't crap logic.

Which, I guess, it's impossible for God to be evil, since "evil" is against His nature in the first place.

Just because your buy-bull says that doesn't make it true, you boner-biting bastard. When you look at his action in the fictional stories it is clear that he is very evil.

Also, he admits it himself, that he does both good and evil.

We believe that we will be judged after death by Christ Jesus {God} Himself, and that, while it's not the only motivation, is a good one.

You think being judged by an arrogant and evil asshole is a good purpose to your existence? Give me a break. And if you don't think he's evil, you haven't read the book very well. He's not fit to judge any one. Not you, not me, not Hitler, not anyone.

Just look at what he's doing to that poor little baby, ha, ha. Kind god my ass.

It blows my mind that you can't get through a post without using vulgar prophanity. Don't tell me what I mean. I know the difference between "believe and worship". Yes, meeting Him at the end of my life is quite a motivator. I've read His Book, and I know the verses people use to say He's evil. Nevertheless, I believe in Him to be a loving God.

You have problems

It blows my mind that you can't get through a post without using vulgar prophanity.

It blows my mind you can't get through a post without saying something so incredibly stupid and insane it makes me want to throw up, eat up my vomit, shit it out then eat it again.

When you manage to do it, send me a PM, I'll see if I can make an effort about my language. Although, this IS the lion's den........

I know the difference between "believe and worship"

Then make sure you use the right words when you write your posts.

I've read His Book, and I know the verses people use to say He's evil. Nevertheless, I believe in Him to be a loving God.

Then, surely you believe Hitler was just and loving, and innocent as a baby too.

You have problems

:lmao:

I didn't ignore the contradictions. I'm still studying on it. I won't dismiss something I believe in so deeply just like that. So, I'm still studying on that and I will probably respond to it later.

I know it has been explained to me why I seem condescending. That's why I apologized.

yes, and I appreciate the apology...many fundamentalists who come here never do.

And I'm certainly not asking you to dismiss something easily.

I know I didn't dismiss it easily, it took at least two years from the point where I first started having doubts till the day I decided I wasn't a christian...during that time I studied the bible quite intensivly. So, I wasn't asking you to dismiss your entire religion on MY account.

I am a firm believer that you should never take anything anyone tells you at simple face value, make up your own mind. You shouldn't let your pastor make up your mind, but you shoudn't let ME do it either.

Also, rejecting literalism doesn't mean rejecting christianity all together...for me I just coudn't be comfortable in ANY form of christianity...but others have found a happy medium. Open Mindied is one of those people.

If I seemed snippy it was only because I've had many christian claim they want to discuss things like biblcal errors only to totally ignore everything I say once I post something.

No I don't. I believe Hitler is in Hell. I know of God giving orders for the death of others in the OT. And I think maybe once in the NT when people lied to God. That's the difference between Hitler taking lives and God taking lives. Hitler is not God. God created life and He has supreme authority over us and has every right to take lives when need be. He is always Just.

Dude. Hitler got his orders from god to kill all those people just like the ancients did in the OT stories. Why would he be in hell if he was just doing god's will?

What about that woman who sliced off her baby's arms? She was doing it because jesus told her, too.

The demon you wrongly call "god" is not just. Every single human on the planet is more just and more kind than him. Good thing he's not real though.

You know what Scott I am sick of you bitchin and licking God all over to pleasure him. Remember you said pleasure God that means arrowse God make him happy....

Here is some verses God being a fuckin bitch ordering killings in your own Bible:

Kill Sons of Sinners

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

God Will Kill Children

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

Kill Men, Women, and Children

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

God Kills all the First Born of Egypt

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Kill Old Men and Young Women

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

(Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)

God Will Kill the Children of Sinners

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

More Rape and Baby Killing

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

I didn't ignore the contradictions. I'm still studying on it. I won't dismiss something I believe in so deeply just like that. So, I'm still studying on that and I will probably respond to it later.

I know it has been explained to me why I seem condescending. That's why I apologized.

yes, and I appreciate the apology...many fundamentalists who come here never do.

And I'm certainly not asking you to dismiss something easily.

I know I didn't dismiss it easily, it took at least two years from the point where I first started having doubts till the day I decided I wasn't a christian...during that time I studied the bible quite intensivly. So, I wasn't asking you to dismiss your entire religion on MY account.

I am a firm believer that you should never take anything anyone tells you at simple face value, make up your own mind. You shouldn't let your pastor make up your mind, but you shoudn't let ME do it either.

Also, rejecting literalism doesn't mean rejecting christianity all together...for me I just coudn't be comfortable in ANY form of christianity...but others have found a happy medium. Open Mindied is one of those people.

If I seemed snippy it was only because I've had many christian claim they want to discuss things like biblcal errors only to totally ignore everything I say once I post something.

I know. Christians ignore alot of what non-Christians say sometimes. I don't think it's right, but I have been guilty of that in the past. Anyway, I will study those contradictions you posted.

I know. Christians ignore alot of what non-Christians say sometimes.

That would be because those non christians are probably right but the christians don't wanna know about it.

Anyway, I will study those contradictions you posted.

:Hmm: who else thinks he won't

Anyway, I will study those contradictions you posted.

:Hmm: who else thinks he won't

Why wouldn't I? I'm confident in my Faith. I'm not afraid that I will be proven wrong. Have no doubts that I will study them.

It seems Scott is ignoreing my list of evils God did. Nice one....run away in the window in the field holding hands with Jeezus Christ.

I am being sattire because you are not answering my questions, quotes.