Goodbye Jesus

Christians Know The Truth

Justin

Guest FaithDefender619
Thats the problem right there you were following a RELIGION and not JESUS CHRIST. <arrogant religious posturing snipped>

I love how the same believers who will spew this sort of self-righteous arrogant garbage will then turn around and in the same breath declare that we're the arrogant ones.

I forgive you, FD619, for I doubt you know what you do. You seem like a very angry and bitter person. It must be because some nonbeliever hurt you. I'm sorry for whatever it was that nonbelievers did to you to make you into such an unpleasant individual. It's unfortunate that your faith hasn't helped you become less angry. Maybe one day you'll find something that will.

Good luck.

Oh because this isn't self-righteous right?

Who's angry? I haven't even used half the angry languge that's been hurled at me.

I mean I simply state what the bible says and defend my faith and all of a sudden I'm the angry bigoted person. Strange bunch you guys are.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Shyone

• par4dcourse

• Justin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you repent and come to a TRUE faith in Christ.

And of course you have the TruthTM.

Oddly enough, the dozens of True BelieversTM that came before you here also had the truth.

And the 30,000 or so branches of True FollowersTM of kryasst have the truth.

You'll pardon me if I'm slightly skeptical.

The gentleman said he practiced his RELIGION. This isn't a religion its following Jesus Christ.

Call it what you will, but thats still a religion.

FD, in your info you stated that you left atheisim and went back to christianity because of debates on MySpace. I'm just curious, what was the arguements that turned you back to religion?

Oh because this isn't self-righteous right?

You seriously need to get a dictionary.

Who's angry? I haven't even used half the angry languge that's been hurled at me.

To the contrary, you've used just as much. But rather than the overt, direct hostility some of us have directed at you, you've resorted to more subtle, passive-aggressive hostility - the kind you can then later claim isn't angry or hostile at all. Little things like backhanded "compliments", sarcastic little jabs here and there, a general attitude of arrogance disguised as concern... small, less visible offenses that add up over time. Nobody's fooled; we can see right through it.

I mean I simply state what the bible says and defend my faith and all of a sudden I'm the angry bigoted person. Strange bunch you guys are.

We call it like we see it. If you're not comfortable with that, you're welcome to leave.

I rather think you'll prefer to stay though. This sort of exchange is just too much fun, isn't it.

Guest ephymeris

1. Quite frankly I highly doubt many of you were actually believers. You were probably church goers but as far as actually born again believers......highly doubtful

We followed our respective religions to the best of our understanding. The fact that your gawd isn't any clearer is his damn fault.

That is an extremely offensive remark. Lion's Den or no, fuck you, your shithead preaching, your imaginary gawd, and your attitude in the ass with a splintery cross.

Thats the problem right there you were following a RELIGION and not JESUS CHRIST. You went to church, did your little church activities but NEVER had the HOLY SPIRIT, NEVER really repented of sin, NEVER really had a true saving faith. I was there too. I was a catholic, never repented, never was born again, just did some rituals and never really came to a saving faith in Jesus. THen I lost my faith and became and atheist for 6 years till I found the real Jesus and got filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, REPENTED of my sin and followed Christ is spirit and in truth. ANd thats whats lacking in the church that is why this fourm and many others are filled with "former christians" and that is why american christianity as a whole is a joke. Because its just a religion with absolutely no life changing power. with no community changing power, with no world changing power. Its just a dead religion like the pharisees had. Don't like what I'm saying, too bad but its the truth.

I would love to know what exactly gives you the balls to think you know how we practiced our faith? I know it brings you great comfort to believe we all gave a half-assed go at being Christians but that is simply untrue. No matter what crazy doctrine you adhere to, at least some of us were at one time your brand of True Christian. We prayed earnestly and fervently, bore fruits of the spirit, proselytized the words of Jesus, and worshipped with our hearts, minds, voices, and soul. You are GRAVELY wrong in this, your most offensive and frequently parroted idea of how you could never be us.

The gentleman said he practiced his RELIGION. This isn't a religion its following Jesus Christ. The pharisees had a religion and Jesus called them white washed tombs full of dead mens bones.

Matthew 7:21-23 (King James Version)

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Simply becuase you did all these works doesn't prove you were a chrsitain. Seriously it doesn't I'm not trying to make a mockery of you but it is what it is, doing works doesn't make u a christian. Mormons, Jehovas witnesses, Catholics and Muslims do the same things. Did you repent and come to a TRUE faith in Christ. Maybe you did maybe you didn't if the fruit of your faith was departing from God ultimately you never really knew Him. You are the seed that fell on stony ground, it sprung up but then died because it had no depth of earth. Those are the words of Jesus my friend. Your faith had no real depth to it. You got questioned, you got deceived and then it died. I'm simply telling it like it is.

Did I repent and come to a true faith in christ? Yes, you stupid pious jerk, I DID repent. They don't make a curse bad enough for me to tell you how digusting your questioning of my repentance is. I professed my sins, prayed to christ for forgiveness, prostrated myself and cried til I vomited, turned from sin and changed my ways, was submersed in water for baptism, read my bible and prayed daily, meditated on god's word and "listened" for answers, consistently attended church at least 3x per week, ran a youth program and taught sunday school, submitted myself to god and christ, changed the course of my life for my beliefs, sacrificed material and nonmaterial possessions of value. You think THIS is religion? What did I miss???

Did I know jesus christ? What a loaded question. I knew him as much as you can know someone you've devoted your life to but have never seen, heard, or physically felt. Why does your questioning piss me off? Because you are questioning my sincerity and effort to make christianity work, to make it real. You don't even know the long road I took COMING to christianity, yet alone the even harder road leaving it. I did the best "god" allowed me to and grieved like someone died when I left the faith. If this relationship failed, it wasn't me being the stony ground.

Guest FaithDefender619

1. Quite frankly I highly doubt many of you were actually believers. You were probably church goers but as far as actually born again believers......highly doubtful

We followed our respective religions to the best of our understanding. The fact that your gawd isn't any clearer is his damn fault.

That is an extremely offensive remark. Lion's Den or no, fuck you, your shithead preaching, your imaginary gawd, and your attitude in the ass with a splintery cross.

Thats the problem right there you were following a RELIGION and not JESUS CHRIST. You went to church, did your little church activities but NEVER had the HOLY SPIRIT, NEVER really repented of sin, NEVER really had a true saving faith. I was there too. I was a catholic, never repented, never was born again, just did some rituals and never really came to a saving faith in Jesus. THen I lost my faith and became and atheist for 6 years till I found the real Jesus and got filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, REPENTED of my sin and followed Christ is spirit and in truth. ANd thats whats lacking in the church that is why this fourm and many others are filled with "former christians" and that is why american christianity as a whole is a joke. Because its just a religion with absolutely no life changing power. with no community changing power, with no world changing power. Its just a dead religion like the pharisees had. Don't like what I'm saying, too bad but its the truth.

I would love to know what exactly gives you the balls to think you know how we practiced our faith? I know it brings you great comfort to believe we all gave a half-assed go at being Christians but that is simply untrue. No matter what crazy doctrine you adhere to, at least some of us were at one time your brand of True Christian. We prayed earnestly and fervently, bore fruits of the spirit, proselytized the words of Jesus, and worshipped with our hearts, minds, voices, and soul. You are GRAVELY wrong in this, your most offensive and frequently parroted idea of how you could never be us.

The gentleman said he practiced his RELIGION. This isn't a religion its following Jesus Christ. The pharisees had a religion and Jesus called them white washed tombs full of dead mens bones.

Matthew 7:21-23 (King James Version)

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Simply becuase you did all these works doesn't prove you were a chrsitain. Seriously it doesn't I'm not trying to make a mockery of you but it is what it is, doing works doesn't make u a christian. Mormons, Jehovas witnesses, Catholics and Muslims do the same things. Did you repent and come to a TRUE faith in Christ. Maybe you did maybe you didn't if the fruit of your faith was departing from God ultimately you never really knew Him. You are the seed that fell on stony ground, it sprung up but then died because it had no depth of earth. Those are the words of Jesus my friend. Your faith had no real depth to it. You got questioned, you got deceived and then it died. I'm simply telling it like it is.

Did I repent and come to a true faith in christ? Yes, you stupid pious jerk, I DID repent. They don't make a curse bad enough for me to tell you how digusting your questioning of my repentance is. I professed my sins, prayed to christ for forgiveness, prostrated myself and cried til I vomited, turned from sin and changed my ways, was submersed in water for baptism, read my bible and prayed daily, meditated on god's word and "listened" for answers, consistently attended church at least 3x per week, ran a youth program and taught sunday school, submitted myself to god and christ, changed the course of my life for my beliefs, sacrificed material and nonmaterial possessions of value. You think THIS is religion? What did I miss???

Did I know jesus christ? What a loaded question. I knew him as much as you can know someone you've devoted your life to but have never seen, heard, or physically felt. Why does your questioning piss me off? Because you are questioning my sincerity and effort to make christianity work, to make it real. You don't even know the long road I took COMING to christianity, yet alone the even harder road leaving it. I did the best "god" allowed me to and grieved like someone died when I left the faith. If this relationship failed, it wasn't me being the stony ground.

1. And you still departed. The seed fell on stony ground. Maybe you did repent and maybe you were in the faith at one point. But your faith had no real depth. And yes I do think thats religion. Buddhist, Muslims, Hindus have done more. You never said anything about the holy spirit. Muslims pray 5 times a day, don't drink, eat pork. Hindus/buddhist give up material posessions or atleast are taught a disregard for them, Hare Krishas stay selibate (so I've heard), etc etc. You didn't say you were born again or were filled with the Holy Spirit. But lets say you were. You still fell away because your faith had no real depth.

2. Oh and the one about if I would kill a baby if God told me to wasn't? Please. You tried to make it work. That was your problem. You again reveal that your christian experience was about YOU and not about following Jesus Christ. You followed your religion, YOU tried to make it work. IT AIN'T ABOUT YOU. Its not about me. Its about Jesus Christ. Don't blame falling away on God. That is your fault, not Gods. When you stand before God on judgment day you will be WITHOUT excuse. And yes it was because you were stony ground. But you can come back my friend. And The Lord might be using me to call you back. There is still time.

circular-unreasoning.jpg

Guest ephymeris
1. And you still departed. The seed fell on stony ground. Maybe you did repent and maybe you were in the faith at one point. But your faith had no real depth. And yes I do think thats religion. Buddhist, Muslims, Hindus have done more. You never said anything about the holy spirit. Muslims pray 5 times a day, don't drink, eat pork. Hindus/buddhist give up material posessions or atleast are taught a disregard for them, Hare Krishas stay selibate (so I've heard), etc etc. You didn't say you were born again or were filled with the Holy Spirit. But lets say you were. You still fell away because your faith had no real depth.

2. Oh and the one about if I would kill a baby if God told me to wasn't? Please. You tried to make it work. That was your problem. You again reveal that your christian experience was about YOU and not about following Jesus Christ. You followed your religion, YOU tried to make it work. IT AIN'T ABOUT YOU. Its not about me. Its about Jesus Christ. Don't blame falling away on God. That is your fault, not Gods. When you stand before God on judgment day you will be WITHOUT excuse. And yes it was because you were stony ground. But you can come back my friend. And The Lord might be using me to call you back. There is still time.

Sounds like the only person who's ever been a True Christian, in your eyes, is you. :HaHa: How does it feel to be the one and only true believer? You've always got a loophole, just like your holy scriptures. You can (and the bible can) be just as glaringly inconsistent as you want to be and yet you've got that awesome faith of a child to close up all the gaps for you.

I've enjoyed our emotional little tete a tete, but I'm done speaking with you. Seems like the stoniest ground to be found makes up your skull.

And The Lord might be using me to call you back.

:blink:

Seriously?

Are you serious?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh my goodness, I haven't laughed that much since I was a little boy. :lmao: Thank you so much; that made my day.

Seriously, if any god sent you that's proof enough that he doesn't want us back.

And I'm sure God agrees with me that FD wasn't the best one to send for us.

So far, FD has only succeeded in making me more convinced that I'm on the right track. Why would a religion that would make me a raving psychopath without any moral conscience be attractive to me now?

And you still departed. The seed fell on stony ground. Maybe you did repent and maybe you were in the faith at one point. But your faith had no real depth.

So to you, any person who leaves christianity had no real experience with Christ, aka, they were never true Christians? When you have these nice little pat answers you can't ever be wrong can you? It has to be that the person never truely knew christ. It can't possibly be that they saw something in it that you haven't/won't allow yourself to see, right?

But you know, since you believe people can actually turn invisible then maybe there are powers out there that we here simply don't know about. That would explain your uncanny knack for knowing each and every ExC's religious history and how well they walked or didn't walk with the lord. :HaHa: You, just like the ones who can turn invisible and tame jellyfish and microbes, have strange and wonderfull powers. :lmao:

Invisible gods, hiding in the minds of transparent idiots.

I take it your an impericist or that you only believe what can observe with the 5 senses right?

Since you refused twice now to answer my simple question, I will not answer yours. I will again repeat what I said in my last post, because your tone in all your posts here proves it true.

I think we're just targets at the end of your bullhorn. You don't give a rip about any of us as human beings. You don't care about the people you shout at on the streets.

It's ALL ABOUT YOU.

You know what? In the gospel stories Jesus cared about the people he called vipers and condemned as sinners. When they approached him (e.g. Nicodemus) to ask what he was talking about, he explained, in a compassionate way. Even Paul engaged the Greeks at Mars Hill on common ground, without shouting at them and telling them they were all horrible people.

You? You're just sound and fury. You've decided to come in here and have a holy shit on all of us with your black-and-white understanding of everything, convinced you know the truth about all there is to know. We don't fit into your black and white world, therefore you've drudged up the "not a true Christian" argument which is just tiresome. The worst part about is, like I said earlier, you do not care about us as human beings. You might think you're spreading the gospel with "tough love" but it's just plain asinine. We know all your tricks. We've done it all before.

Find another street corner, preacher. And feel free to "shake the dust from your sandals" if it gives you some holy jollies on the way out of here.

You are exactly what Jesus preached against. You are the white-washed tomb full of dead bones. Was Jesus a Christian? :Doh: You don't understand anything unless it is feed to you from the religion that put your bible together. Is your mind messed up a little?

And I'm sure God agrees with me that FD wasn't the best one to send for us.

So far, FD has only succeeded in making me more convinced that I'm on the right track. Why would a religion that would make me a raving psychopath without any moral conscience be attractive to me now?

FD? HA! I have a dummy that I made at halloween a few years back that I called FD for short. His real name is fucker-damnit. He gave me hell making his face...

And The Lord might be using me to call you back.

Seriously?

Are you serious?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh my goodness, I haven't laughed that much since I was a little boy. :lmao: Thank you so much; that made my day.

Seriously, if any god sent you that's proof enough that he doesn't want us back.

:lmao:

Go, Gwen!

Guest FaithDefender619
And you still departed. The seed fell on stony ground. Maybe you did repent and maybe you were in the faith at one point. But your faith had no real depth.

So to you, any person who leaves christianity had no real experience with Christ, aka, they were never true Christians? When you have these nice little pat answers you can't ever be wrong can you? It has to be that the person never truely knew christ. It can't possibly be that they saw something in it that you haven't/won't allow yourself to see, right?

But you know, since you believe people can actually turn invisible then maybe there are powers out there that we here simply don't know about. That would explain your uncanny knack for knowing each and every ExC's religious history and how well they walked or didn't walk with the lord. :HaHa: You, just like the ones who can turn invisible and tame jellyfish and microbes, have strange and wonderfull powers. :lmao:

1. Thats what the bible says. You're faith had no real depth if you just forsook it.

2. I'm citing what Jesus said that isn't MY answer that is what JESUS said.

3. So basically you "saw" something wrong and then left. Which isn't really to say its even there but you saw it and left. Ok well then still your faith had no depth to it.

4. Do you have proof that someone who is very well versed in magic couldn't turn invisible or is this more of the same ol' I've never seen it therefore it doesn't exist fallacious arguments served up on here?

5. No it simply means that the bible says that people who forsake their faith and fall away had no real depth to their faith. And I mean its not like u were under any persecution, like the early church was under the Roman Empire and under the Catholics or even today in China, Vietnam, Russia etc, you "saw" something in it then left. I'm sorry but if you can't even endure something so small as "seeing" something how could you possibly endure when the fit hits the shan?

Guest FaithDefender619

You are exactly what Jesus preached against. You are the white-washed tomb full of dead bones. Was Jesus a Christian? :Doh: You don't understand anything unless it is feed to you from the religion that put your bible together. Is your mind messed up a little?

How am I a white washed tomb full of dead mens bones?

That's probably what the pharisees said too.

Guest FaithDefender619

That's probably what the pharisees said too.

So we've degenerated to this.

So we've degenerated to this.

That's probably how they reacted to Jesus too.

1. Thats what the bible says. You're faith had no real depth if you just forsook it.

3. So basically you "saw" something wrong and then left. Which isn't really to say its even there but you saw it and left. Ok well then still your faith had no depth to it.

4. Do you have proof that someone who is very well versed in magic couldn't turn invisible or is this more of the same ol' I've never seen it therefore it doesn't exist fallacious arguments served up on here?

5. No it simply means that the bible says that people who forsake their faith and fall away had no real depth to their faith. And I mean its not like u were under any persecution, like the early church was under the Roman Empire and under the Catholics or even today in China, Vietnam, Russia etc, you "saw" something in it then left. I'm sorry but if you can't even endure something so small as "seeing" something how could you possibly endure when the fit hits the shan?

Repeating the same bs over and over doesn't make it true, it just means you know the bs well.

And I mean its not like u were under any persecution, like the early church was under the Roman Empire and under the Catholics or even today in China, Vietnam, Russia etc, you "saw" something in it then left. I'm sorry but if you can't even endure something so small as "seeing" something how could you possibly endure when the fit hits the shan?

People die for lies every day.

What makes persecuted Christians any different from persecuted Ba'hai, Falun Gong and Tibetan Buddhists in that department? People also come to see those religions as lies every day, and leave them, too.

You don't know our stories. Quit painting us as stereotypes. We're all human beings here for different reasons. But you don't really care, do you? Because your little ex-Christian forum adventure is ALL ABOUT YOU. You haven't shown any dimension to your personality beyond that.

Man, I typed all this up and realised it was an early post and there's another 7 pagest of stuff. Oh well, I'll post it anyway.

Or it could simply mean that many professing christians aren't really christians.

Or it could be that God just doesn't exist and that the holy spirit is a crock. If those things were real, nothing would be able to keep people from church, even those so-called false Christians. The lure would be so great.

When I go street preaching I run into many professing christian men with a girl in their arms and a pocket full of condoms and professing christian women in short tight dresses looking like whores. And you are right plenty of people haven't felt God in church but this isn't a point agianst God this is a point against the believer. Most church goers are just that. Church goers. They live like the devil 6 days a week but come sunday they are a picture of holiness.

The problem is this sort of thing is prevalent in every church. If God and the HS were everything Christians claim them to be, everyone would be there on Sundays, genuinely wanting to worship God. Oh yeah, it's a point against God alright. It's serious evidence that the Christian God is non-existant and there is no supernatural being there to motivate believers. It's all very damning evidence to show that Christianity is nothing more special than any other religion.

Jesus calls these people hypocrites and white tombs full of dead mens bones. The reason church is so dead is because they preach a compromised gospel that has no power. They preach lies and hypocrisies. Theres no real transformation, no real repentance no real born again experience just a bunch of people going through the motions.

But more likely it's because there's no real God.

I have far more intimate experiences with God when I'm alone praying and reading the bible.

People normally find that meditation and deep though is an intimate experience. No need for God to be there to enable that sort of deep and meaningful experience. I too used to experience the same as you as a Christian and have found now just sitting or lying down, relaxing, thinking about things, getting things straight in ones mind achieves exactly the same sort of experience.

Thats the problem right there you were following a RELIGION and not JESUS CHRIST. You went to church, did your little church activities but NEVER had the HOLY SPIRIT, NEVER really repented of sin, NEVER really had a true saving faith. I was there too.

What a crock. What do you know? I for one deligently served Christ with all my heart for nearly 30 years of my life. I sincerely repented, I prayed, studied God's word, involved myself in ministries and truly believed I was filled with the Holy spirit. The only difference between you and I is that I got real and realised I was living in a delusion. You would like to claim that people here like myself were never true Christians to begin with. For me I know that's a crock and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise just convinces me even more that they're living in a fantasy world and their God is in their mind only. In all my years never once did God convict me and try to tell me I was never a true Christian. In all the churches I attended not one person was led by God to warn me I was not a true Christian. On the contrary I was given a lot of responsibility and good genuine Christians believed I was one of them, that I had Godly wisdom and that God had great plans in store for me.

You seem to have conveniently ignored the fact that even Paul knew of the dangers of falling from the faith. He himself even said of himself that he needed to take care unless he himself fell. If God really was all he was cracked up to be, there would be no ex-Christians. All us people, the majority of whom were genuine believers, would not have been ignored by God, as you seem to suggest they have been. What sort of a God would allow people like us to believe we were true followers when we weren't?

I found the real Jesus and got filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, REPENTED of my sin and followed Christ is spirit and in truth.

You'll find that most of un here had exactly the same experience. If you claim we never did, how can you be so sure that you have? You could be as deluded as we were. You could be a couple of years away from deconverting just like us. And yes, a couple of years before I deconverted it was inconcievable to me that it could ever happen.

ANd thats whats lacking in the church that is why this fourm and many others are filled with "former christians" and that is why american christianity as a whole is a joke. Because its just a religion with absolutely no life changing power. with no community changing power, with no world changing power. Its just a dead religion like the pharisees had.

Yep, that's Christianity for you. So much for the power of Jesus.

Don't like what I'm saying, too bad but its the truth.

I don't think it's that people won't like what you're saying. It's just that they realise it's BS and there's no truth in your words at all.

So how do you know you have real depth in your faith? How long have you been a genuine Christian? 20 years? 30 years? How many years of genuine prayer and bible study does it take? How many years of teaching others the word of God? Many of the people here were christians for many years in positions of authority. Are you seriously trying to tell us they had no real depth? 20-30 years of genuine dedication is a result of no real depth? Are you for real?

No, it's what people claim Jesus said, people who never even knew Jesus.

Once again you make light of people's deconversion. it's not just a matter of "something wrong". For most of us here it's a mass of things wrong. Things that couldn't just be ignored, justified and flagged away. For many it was a long painful process having to come to the realisation that it was all a crock of shit. Many of us were in denial of our disbelief for some time before coming to the realisation we were living in a delusion. For many of us a large portion of our lives were wasted DUE to our depth of faith. If my faith had had no depth I would have become an ex-Christian many years ago.

Paul realised that he himself could fall from the faith if he did not take precautions. Would you say that Paul had no real depth in his faith?

As for depth. How can you be so sure your faith is deep enough to last? Many of us believed our faith was well founded too. How do you know you don’t have a weak foundation?