Goodbye Jesus

I'm Completely Lost...

Guest Perfect Insanity

Music? Cool. What kind? Do you play an instrument (or want to)?

Guest confused idiot

I like a lot of hard rock/metal type stuff, mostly. I don't play an instrument, but I would like to learn guitar.

Guest Valk0010

I like a lot of hard rock/metal type stuff, mostly. I don't play an instrument, but I would like to learn guitar.

learn guitar its great

Guest Valk0010

your already in hell, just do anything to make it better ANYTHING

Ok, I'll come out with this statement:

If this stuff is real, that means God allowed me to get OCD/anxiety/whatever.

If this stuff is real, that means God demands me to follow Jesus, or suffer the consequences.

If this stuff is real, that means God knows that my OCD/anxiety/whatever is literally PREVENTING me from following Jesus.

If This stuff is real, that means God said "no" the MANY times I asked him to heal me for his glory.

If this stuff is real, then that means something don't add up.

I don't know how that helps anything, but I wanted to get that out.

You know when something doesn't add up, that is usually for a reason, and that is, its bullshit and it doesn't add up and never will.

I play violin/fiddle myself, but I'm becoming more and more appreciative of good guitar-playing. How's your musical ear? I just started learning music a little while back, and that's the hardest thing for me. If you've got a good ear, it makes the whole learning process so much easier.

You should give it a go.

Guest confused idiot

If this stuff is real, that means God demands me to follow Jesus, or suffer the consequences.

If this stuff is real, that means God knows that my OCD/anxiety/whatever is literally PREVENTING me from following Jesus.

If This stuff is real, that means God said "no" the MANY times I asked him to heal me for his glory.

You know when something doesn't add up, that is usually for a reason, and that is, its bullshit and it doesn't add up and never will.

I wish I could see more of it like that.

Guest confused idiot

I play violin/fiddle myself, but I'm becoming more and more appreciative of good guitar-playing. How's your musical ear? I just started learning music a little while back, and that's the hardest thing for me. If you've got a good ear, it makes the whole learning process so much easier.

You should give it a go.

Musical ear? I'm not sure. Like I said, this religious stuff has my life on hold. If I don't go the Christian direction, I WILL learn the guitar. If I do go the Christian direction.... I won't. Like I said, this stuff, puts everyday life dealing with minor things on hold.

Guest Valk0010

You know, you can't have a theist god, that doesn't act. If he is not acting and your life, and (if) you don't feel like he is acting in the world what purpose does it serve to believe in him?

Guest confused idiot

You know, you can't have a theist god, that doesn't act. If he is not acting and your life, and (if) you don't feel like he is acting in the world what purpose does it serve to believe in him?

Fear.

Guest Valk0010

You should give it a go.

Musical ear? I'm not sure. Like I said, this religious stuff has my life on hold. If I don't go the Christian direction, I WILL learn the guitar. If I do go the Christian direction.... I won't. Like I said, this stuff, puts everyday life dealing with minor things on hold.

Learn the guitar dumbass, you can be a more liberal christian and be on a fucking worship team if shit works out that way.

Guest confused idiot

You should give it a go.

Learn the guitar dumbass, you can be a more liberal christian and be on a fucking worship team if shit works out that way.

I don't want to listen to or play that gay shit.

Guest Valk0010

You should give it a go.

I don't want to listen to or play that gay shit.

:lmao: I know that wasn't intended to be a be a funny but it was.

Guest Valk0010

Fear.

Is that a good reason to believe. Isn't it hypocritical to believe just as fire insurance? How can you truly love someone you fear. He did say love god and him. How can you truly worship him if your believing just to save yourself from hell?

Guest confused idiot

Fear.

Is that a good reason to believe. Isn't it hypocritical to believe just as fire insurance? How can you truly love someone you fear. He did say love god and him. How can you truly worship him if your believing just to save yourself from hell?

You can't. Fear as a motive in a relationship won't work.

There are Christian hard rock/metal bands out there, so it's not inconceivable. They're probably not as good as their secular counterparts, but if you ended up staying in the religion your wider range of listening could do the whole genre a lot of good.

Besides, it'd take some time before you'd be able to play that sort of music. No harm in learning some chords, right?

What else do you like to do? Are you more of an indoors or outdoors sort?

Guest Valk0010

To me if its just fear, its not worth is to believe. Theologically speaking I am not even sure, if you could get to heaven only for that reason.

Guest Valk0010

Fear.

You can't. Fear as a motive in a relationship won't work.

If fear is your only reason to worry about this stuff, then why do you bother. You just answered why your emotions on this are irrational.

Guest confused idiot

There are Christian hard rock/metal bands out there, so it's not inconceivable. They're probably not as good as their secular counterparts, but if you ended up staying in the religion your wider range of listening could do the whole genre a lot of good.

Besides, it'd take some time before you'd be able to play that sort of music. No harm in learning some chords, right?

What else do you like to do? Are you more of an indoors or outdoors sort?

I used to listen to a lot of them. Still do, a few. Some that don't suck anyway. Still, they're still playing "the devil's music".

What else do I like to do? Hmm.... Not a lot lately.

I prefer the outdoors, but due to feeling like crap most of the time I'm more indoors.

Guest confused idiot

To me if its just fear, its not worth is to believe. Theologically speaking I am not even sure, if you could get to heaven only for that reason.

The way I've heard it preached, I don't think it would get a person into heaven.

If fear is your only reason to worry about this stuff, then why do you bother. You just answered why your emotions on this are irrational.

I don't know. I guess it has become embedded into my brain to the point where it's part of me. A belief that I can't shake.

I used to listen to a lot of them. Still do, a few. Some that don't suck anyway. Still, they're still playing "the devil's music".

I prefer the outdoors, but due to feeling like crap most of the time I'm more indoors.

I'm pretty sure the idea that particular instruments or musical styles are irredeemably evil regardless of the content and intent of the songs is a minority opinion even within Christianity. I don't see why you'd have to hold yourself to that.

But if you're not comfortable going for music, any chance you can just take yourself on a nice hike tomorrow? Enjoy the scenery, the weather, stretching your legs?

Guest Valk0010

The way I've heard it preached, I don't think it would get a person into heaven.

I don't know. I guess it has become embedded into my brain to the point where it's part of me. A belief that I can't shake.

Well then start deprograming

One of the most effective tools against OCD, is doing what your OCD involves, if say its walking down stairs, and you got to do it ten times.

Make yourself do it once.

Not a exact example but you get the idea.

Guest confused idiot

I'm pretty sure the idea that particular instruments or musical styles are irredeemably evil regardless of the content and intent of the songs is a minority opinion even within Christianity. I don't see why you'd have to hold yourself to that.

But if you're not comfortable going for music, any chance you can just take yourself on a nice hike tomorrow? Enjoy the scenery, the weather, stretching your legs?

I had a lot of trouble with doubts and all that when it came to music as a Christian. I always feared God's conviction. When I gave up and surrendered with one thing, up came something else. Everything ranging from music to Bible translations to my clothing to everything else. Over time I even started struggling with doubts about some extremely crazy things that it would be embarrsing to even bring up. Now that I look back, the OCD patterns are obvious.

Guest Valk0010

I am a hobby cyclist, and i like it alot. Why don't you do something like that, very tame, religiously speaking.

Guest confused idiot

One of the most effective tools against OCD, is doing what your OCD involves, if say its walking down stairs, and you got to do it ten times.

I understand that, but how exactly would that come into practice in this situation? Tell myself I'm not a Christian? I already consider myself a deconverted ex-Christian. I do pretty much whatever I want. I've even said things like "fuck God".....

Guest Valk0010

I understand that, but how exactly would that come into practice in this situation? Tell myself I'm not a Christian? I already consider myself a deconverted ex-Christian. I do pretty much whatever I want. I've even said things like "fuck God".....

Well, just keep doing that.

But be a bit less, holy.

Drink or something. Get a hot girl(would recommend a girlfriend) and fuck. I think you get the point I am getting at. Don't try to be so Christian in your ethics.

And that, as well as have some patience's. Like OCD, the fear and the irrationality becomes nonexistent in time.