Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Friend Became An Atheist/satanist

Guest Justyna

What? A virus!? You didn't pray to the almighty for protection!?! Just have belief and pray to Satan Claws, he'll rescue you.

... someone just posted that "God must have been having His coffee when those boys were going through their ordeal." How do you know what God was thinking during this time?

Why be so bitter and hostile just because you dont understand a situation? I know it is frustrating, but have a little faith in God. Why be angry with Him just because you dont understand something? Anger is not going to solve anything.

I didn't see bitterness or hostility, only a fair question. Look, if I were powerful enough to intervene on behalf of these innocent children, said I was loving and cared, and I did nothing, you would rightly question my personal integrity and caring. And I am a mere human. God would need to be held to an even higher standard, seeing as he is perfect in every way.

Neither of us knows what God was thinking ... the difference is, you not only don't know, you don't care. Which perfectly reflects the character of your heavenly father, as far as I can see. I don't think he cares either.

So does this mean that you haven't asked God, or does it mean that you have asked but never got an answer?

Eh, she already said she's not the least bit interested. The suffering in the world (or at least the suffering that she doesn't experience) is of no interest at all.

I just want to clarify something. Ive noticed that some here have called me a Fundamentalist. I do understand what that means, but when I think of that term, seriously I think of Baptists and I am NOT a Baptist by any means.

Baptists are a pretty diverse bunch, though most of them could be classified as fundamentalists. I think we classify you as fundamentalist because your beliefs and attitudes are spot-on with evangelical fundamentalism. As a former member of the denomination known as the IFCA (Independent Fundamentalist Churches of America, which is sort of like a northern Baptist) I totally recognize it all, right down to your eschatology.

It'd be a mistake to say that fundies all wear long skirts and panty hose. Most of them look fairly normal and like to fit into the workplace and the neighborhood.

I say try to experience God for yourself, try to know Him intimately for yourself (even if it is in a way that is different than the way I know Him). That is fine, but the key is to do that, not try to prove He exists.

You can't have a relationship with someone who doesn't exist ... or who exists and hides from you. I would have a pretty hard time relating to my girlfriend if she were just a rumor rather than a roomer, if you get my drift.

Truth be told it's tough enough sometimes to have a relationship with real, touchable, hearable, speaking people. I spent a good 30 years trying to relate to the invisible, ineffable god and I just burned out on it.

Eh, she already said she's not the least bit interested. The suffering in the world (or at least the suffering that she doesn't experience) is of no interest at all.

... I think given one of her last postings about her upbringing, in this respect she has ONLY EVER seen that part of the world through rose tinted glasses!

I say try to experience God for yourself, try to know Him intimately for yourself (even if it is in a way that is different than the way I know Him). That is fine, but the key is to do that, not try to prove He exists.

You can't have a relationship with someone who doesn't exist ... or who exists and hides from you. I would have a pretty hard time relating to my girlfriend if she were just a rumor rather than a roomer, if you get my drift.

I remember I had an imaginary friend that I so believed was there, I brought her to kindergarten and had a seat for her and everything- when a boy decided to sit on her, I got visibly upset, yelling "don't!" at him and trying to get him off of my 'friend'. Personal delusion and imagination can be very strong. But imaginary friends are the best- they always like you, will always be with you, and for a little kid like me that was often outcast for one reason or another, I had tons of imaginary friends over time. At least 12, of course, over time, I just stopped having them- particularly when I began to make real friends.

Surely they don't exist, but you can swear they are- which is what Justyna seems to do, except she backs hers up with a book that says her imaginary friend is real. And I bet, surely enough, that this god figure in her head shares her accent, or the one she grew up with, and now she can't imagine living without it, as much as someone who lived all their lives with art have a hard time imagining life without it (Like I can't.). And I bet if we put her in a room with someone else who claimed to have the Christian God talking in their head and made them discuss the God they know, they may eventually get into a fight over it.

I have a link I'd like to share with you Justyna only. It seems that the stories on the link really relate to you. I recommend it to all my Christian friends.

http:bringvictory.com (Virus warning!)

A good reminder that I should be more paranoid on the Internet at all times, but I really wasn't thinking of anything like that here and in context.

I've just killed my browser from task manager. TWICE. Next I placed the following line in my hosts file:

127.0.0.1 bringvictory.com

McAfee site advisor did not say that this site infects with a virus, but I am now scanning my system for viruses/malware just as a precaution.

I would recommend for the mods to remove any hyperlink tags for this site (I don't see them now, but I could have sworn I clicked on a link) and edit the post to warn clearly about the site if the post is not deleted (I don't know whether it said Virus warning when I clicked it or whether I just didn't see it because of thread scanning fatigue).

I could never have imagined that anyone on this thread could possibly annoy me more than Justnya, or to such a large degree.

That was really crappy, Dibllsmek.

I am posting this as soon as I got back. This little gem of a post was the last thing I read, but I do see that there are a lot of other people who posted something about this. I have not read them so I don't know what others have said, but I'll resume reading now...

hun hate to tell you this but you are having a "relationship" with a construct in your brain.

Most people in my experience underestimate how seemingly autonomous quasi-personalities can manifest in anyone -- and not just some extreme schizo with multiple personalities. Any part of your experience that you deny and repress will resurface somewhere else in some way, and it may express itself quite independently, as anything from somatic symptoms to a fairly complex personality. And we all repress things. Anything you say "yes" to means you say "no" to something else.

Given this, it's surprising how willing people are to disown such fragments and call them god, angels, demons, Satan, etc. Or if you're not a Christian, you might call something like this your higher self, your shadow, your spirit guide, or whatever. A Jungian doing dream work or guided imagery work can have whole animated conversations within themselves but see it all as internal rather than externally imposed experience.

I think this inner world is more vivid for some than it is for others, more compelling. Sometimes I wonder if some Christians are so easily swayed because they experience this more powerfully than some of us unbelievers -- and maybe some pastors even fill the role of shaman, evoking and manipulating these experiences.

I also know some unbelievers who have powerful subjective experiences -- they may see very vivid images in clouds or patterns on ceilings if they let their mind disengage a bit -- but they don't experience these as anything but abstractions, they don't become concrete or real enough to relate to or for them to seem like independent actors. Such people might find artistic inspiration or mere curiosity in these manifestations but don't read too much into them.

I'm beginning to wonder if folks like Justyna have a very different subjective experience that seems much more satisfying and compelling than anything most of us would know. Not that I think that's a good thing, inherently -- I think it's being misunderstood rather grossly -- but it's an interesting possibility to consider.

I think this inner world is more vivid for some than it is for others, more compelling. Sometimes I wonder if some Christians are so easily swayed because they experience this more powerfully than some of us unbelievers -- and maybe some pastors even fill the role of shaman, evoking and manipulating these experiences.

I have a non-Christian friend who meditates- and when he meditates, he literally constructs an small world and believes he's really in it- a gazebo surrounded by cherry-trees in a quiet environment- and the clouds write out his problems so he can contemplate them and work through them. I also have tried a bit of meditation, but I didn't get far enough to do much with it. Instead, I tend to play out my ideas for stories in my head, or play out some other fiction I recently read, down to being able to feel my heart beat faster when I imagine stepping into the shoes of a character in a terrifying situation, and even experience mild exhaustion and phantom pains in my limbs. The mind is responsible for everything you see, feel, and do. It makes sense you can influence to feel, see, and hear things that aren't there. It's very Matrix-y.

This bitch wouldn't know a mystical experience if it crawled up her ass and laid eggs.

See Luna, this is why I love you :P

So does this mean that you haven't asked God, or does it mean that you have asked but never got an answer?

I didn't see her response saying that, so I wanted to ask her directly. Sorry that I missed it.

Guest Justyna

I clicked on the link and NOTHING happened to me. I have a PC, not a MAC.

LOL...Yes I am going to thank God for it :) *Thank You Jesus*

(I FULLY admit that this post in particular IS to be annoying...but I had to since you guys have been tough on me today).

(I FULLY admit that this post in particular IS to be annoying...but I had to since you guys have been tough on me today).

Bait.

Guest Justyna

Ouroboros,

How do I change my screen name? Do I need to do it, or do you have to do it? Tried to find info on it here, but couldnt. Sorry to bother you.

... knowing your problems with speaking the truth and your half truths, I would not believe you anyway!!

Ouroboros,

How do I change my screen name? Do I need to do it, or do you have to do it? Tried to find info on it here, but couldnt. Sorry to bother you.

.... on the run heh?!!

I don't know about JS/Downloader.small, but having wasted the past the last hour making sure things are OK (not irritation with you, Realist--this is worth checking, but with Dibllsmek), I can't find any external evidence that there was a true threat here, beyond a major annoyance.

I'm a little irritated that avast! did nothing to stop me and while it seems that if there was an issue with JS Downloader.small that AVG would have gotten it, I am not confident that Avast! would have for this one. So far, no viruses have been detected although the scan still has a ways to go. I also checked for files that should have been left, at least by this virus and it came up negative.

Also, according to Norton Safe Web, the site is at least safe, crappy as it may be.

If I confirm any ill effects from my instance of carelessness I will post, although I suspect that my quest to verify everything is OK will merely sap up a bit more of my valued time. I still have a spyware scan and an online virus scan on my agenda in case avast! was deficient.

I am glad that nothing happened when you clicked. I would not have wished this on you no matter what your behavior was on this site. I am sorry, however, if it has fueled your delusion.

Guest Justyna

You dont have to believe me...I know the truth and that I did not get the virus. I think it is sort of funny that someone tried to send me a link that I was only suppose to see, and it was for sure a mocking site toward Christians...and they got a virus and I didnt! LOL. Thats hilarious....dont mess with Gods anointed...thats what the Word says. The point is that the people that were mocking me, got the virus. I think it sucks that you guys got the virus (I dont wish that upon anyone, since I had a virus last year) but yeah it does sort of make me laugh and chuckle a little that the very thing that was suppose to mock me, gave you a virus.

Hope you guys figure it out and fix it :)

Its not a delusion, its real. And no I dont wish anyone to have a virus either..its just a little funny to me, thats all.

I am glad that nothing happened when you clicked. I would not have wished this on you no matter what your behavior was on this site. I am sorry, however, if it has fueled your delusion.

every good means "praise Jesus!" (never mind if she has a well-run computer with a good system for stopping bugs, or something too old even to run it or some other secular reason like that) and every bad means "Jesus is testing me!" While certainly a good defense-mechanism for coping, it just fuels the burning flame.

You dont have to believe me...I know the truth and that I did not get the virus. I think it is sort of funny that someone tried to send me a link that I was only suppose to see, and it was for sure a mocking site toward Christians...and they got a virus and I didnt! LOL. Thats hilarious....dont mess with Gods anointed...thats what the Word says. The point is that the people that were mocking me, got the virus. I think it sucks that you guys got the virus (I dont wish that upon anyone, since I had a virus last year) but yeah it does sort of make me laugh and chuckle a little that the very thing that was suppose to mock me, gave you a virus.

Its not a delusion, its real. And no I dont wish anyone to have a virus either..its just a little funny to me, thats all.

I didn't get a virus, either, but that's just due to my computer's make. attributing even the smallest little 'victory' to God is sort of sad- because obviously your God is paying SOOO much attention to the safety of your secular-made computer and your secular-made virus software...

and the link was to a Rick Roll, actually. God hates having his disciples rick-rolled. :shrug: NO sense of humor.

... I would straight out say she is a liar!

The site from what I have read is designed for at least the minimum of nuisance value. My detector blocked me from entering the site (said it was a virus) then showed the threat sitting in my virus vault. It had the threat named which was "JS/Downloader.small" and the site name "bringvictory.com" and the exact time I clicked on it. I have deleted it from my vault.

... so half truth again! No one here got a virus either if you bother "trying" to read something correctly for a change!

Wow, I see nothing has changed since yesterday. I hate to say this because it seems mean but I am not completely convinced that along with the other problems Justyna has (narcissism, stunted emotional development, etc) I am wondering about her being bi-polar as well. I know someone else mentioned it before but I thought about it long before it was mentioned.

It is too bad that she had to fill a void that her father didn't fill (except for financial) her needs. Does it occur to anyone else that perhaps she has to cling to her god because if she let go of him that she feels she is nothing, worth nothing, etc.?

I am losing my empathy for her though. The arrogance just pushes me over the edge.