Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Friend Became An Atheist/satanist

Guest Justyna

Justyna, I am deeply hurt and offended by what you have said.

There is an enormous difference between a Satanist and an Atheist. In fact, all of the replies that have been posted here would be exactly what I would argue back in my defense, so I give my thanks to everyone who put in their two cents.

To think that, after nearly 10 years of silence, I find this conversation is going on behind my back is honestly ridiculous. How would you feel if you found me complaining that a friend of mine from long ago is STILL following a religion that says homosexuals should be murdered, children should be killed for disobeying or dishonoring their parents (sounds a bit like honor killing and Islam to me!), that if anyone attempts to lead you away from you faith should be put to death by your hand? A "holy" book that shows God commanding his chosen people to wipe out all the tribes in ancient Palestine, a God who essentially believes in racial purity and the inferiority of non-Jews. This doesn't sound like the path of peace, it sounds like a transcript from a tape released by Al Qaeda, or a backwards part of the Nazi party manifesto. These are Bronze Age myths and beliefs, and they reflect the barbaric morals of the time. Discussing god, faith and dogma doesn't mean one believes in god or a certain faith, it means one is able to dissect the subjects and debate their contents. And I discuss much more than Christianity with my music, you're focusing on this one issue because, like every other believer in the world, you are convinced that you have access to the absolute truth and that, therefore, anyone who doesn't share the same view must be backwards, evil, Satanic and destined for fiery torment. Not only is that extremely condescending, it is not at all the actions of anyone who is honestly interested in friendship. Your attitude towards me seems to be one of pity for my alleged lack of enlightenment, and perhaps some burning curiosity for what you can gain by speaking with a nonbeliever. I'm not your school project, I am a living human being with feelings and the right to be my own individual person - something that believers seem to constantly gasp in horror over. Why is it such a tragedy that there are other people out there who operate on a totally different philosophy?

There is nothing of juvenile anger in calling out faith for being a source of total ignorance, arrogance and screwy ethics. But saying that an Atheist and Satanist are the same thing because that is what you have been told definitely IS juvenile. It displays the inability to think for oneself and that's really sad.

Justyna, I am deeply hurt and offended by what you have said.

There is an enormous difference between a Satanist and an Atheist. In fact, all of the replies that have been posted here would be exactly what I would argue back in my defense, so I give my thanks to everyone who put in their two cents.

To think that, after nearly 10 years of silence, I find this conversation is going on behind my back is honestly ridiculous. How would you feel if you found me complaining that a friend of mine from long ago is STILL following a religion that says homosexuals should be murdered, children should be killed for disobeying or dishonoring their parents (sounds a bit like honor killing and Islam to me!), that if anyone attempts to lead you away from you faith should be put to death by your hand? A "holy" book that shows God commanding his chosen people to wipe out all the tribes in ancient Palestine, a God who essentially believes in racial purity and the inferiority of non-Jews. This doesn't sound like the path of peace, it sounds like a transcript from a tape released by Al Qaeda, or a backwards part of the Nazi party manifesto. These are Bronze Age myths and beliefs, and they reflect the barbaric morals of the time. Discussing god, faith and dogma doesn't mean one believes in god or a certain faith, it means one is able to dissect the subjects and debate their contents. And I discuss much more than Christianity with my music, you're focusing on this one issue because, like every other believer in the world, you are convinced that you have access to the absolute truth and that, therefore, anyone who doesn't share the same view must be backwards, evil, Satanic and destined for fiery torment. Not only is that extremely condescending, it is not at all the actions of anyone who is honestly interested in friendship. Your attitude towards me seems to be one of pity for my alleged lack of enlightenment, and perhaps some burning curiosity for what you can gain by speaking with a nonbeliever. I'm not your school project, I am a living human being with feelings and the right to be my own individual person - something that believers seem to constantly gasp in horror over. Why is it such a tragedy that there are other people out there who operate on a totally different philosophy?

There is nothing of juvenile anger in calling out faith for being a source of total ignorance, arrogance and screwy ethics. But saying that an Atheist and Satanist are the same thing because that is what you have been told definitely IS juvenile. It displays the inability to think for oneself and that's really sad.

.... in fact I think it is LONG overdue that "Justyna" came clean and tell us EXACTLY THE TRUTH what is going on!!! Amongst countless other WEIRD goings on in her threads .... a person who does not want to mention which university she gained her qualifications for fear someone might happen to identify herself .... yet puts 2 lots of photos up of herself TO identify herself ... to now remove the profile photos probably because of this new development .... a person who supposedly leaves christianity then comes back and belittles all atheists to the extent as she has in earlier posts .... then comes back and now seeks the advice of EVIL atheists given the fact she daily talks with god and hears his voice ... THIS IS A WINDUP!!!!!!!

Hey, anakefr, what were you like as a Christian, and what led you to deconvert? It might be an interesting story. Maybe you could post it to our testimonies section.

The only reason I say people are satanists if they dont believe in Jesus is because that is what I was told. "If you are not for God, you are against Him." So that is where that comes from.

This is one reason why I am unable to see the bible as the word of God. That there is an obvious logical fallacy. A real God would know that just because you aren't for him does not mean you are against him. That scripture shows a really paranoid God. We'd deem such a person to have some kind of mental problem.

Guest Valk0010

Only a smart mark wrestling fan will get this reference.

I am beginning to think this is a god damn rib.

-----

in non-slang speak, I am suspecting what is going on with justnya being a joke.

-----

I clicked on the Anakefr's profile, on the link to the band, and got an error message. You would think that a real person would post the actual web address of their band, don't you? I smell Bullshit.

-----

I clicked on the Anakefr's profile, on the link to the band, and got an error message. You would think that a real person would post the actual web address of their band, don't you? I smell Bullshit.

He might not have entered it in properly. I copied and pasted it into my browser and it got me to his website.

I was skeptical at first, and should have remained skeptical. I figured "someone might have e-mailed the guy and told him what was going on", though I feel that doing such a thing would be very inappropriate as this is really between Justyna and her friend.

In fact, PRETENDING TO BE HER FRIEND is very inappropriate as well.

If Anakefr says something about Justyna that only the two of them would know about each other, then it really is him. If that's the case, I still think it was horribly out of line to contact him and let him know what was going on, when it's really something they should work between each other.

If it's not him, then it's horribly inappropriate and downright wrong to pretend to be him.

Really, this whole situation here angers me. I think someone on this board is causing unnecessary trouble. Yes, Justyna has said very insulting things to us and even possibly lied about having been an ex-Christian just to try to reconvert us a year later after saying "I came back!" I don't know. Yes, I can see why people here are angry at her for some things.

But pretending to be her long lost friend, or contacting him and letting him know about this controversy - if either one occurred, I think that's horribly wrong.

Guest Justyna

Well this makes me very sad to read. I really dont have the words to speak right now. Not sure what to say really. I feel horrible, but the Bible is very clear about these kinds of things.

It does say this:

"He who is not with Me is against Me."

—Matthew 12:30a

That is sort of hard to take in and seems somewhat unfair, but its not like I am making this up. I got it right out of the Bible. Its very black and white, and people do not like this. But they are not my words...Jesus said it Himself.

My dad is an antheist and he and I do not get along and we do not even speak for that matter. So I wanted to avoid this happening in my friendship, and I thought I was doing the right thing by coming here and asking questions as to how to overcome this gap.

Well this makes me very sad to read. I really dont have the words to speak right now. Not sure what to say really. I feel horrible, but the Bible is very clear about these kinds of things.

It does say this:

That is sort of hard to take in and seems somewhat unfair, but its not like I am making this up. I got it right out of the Bible. Its very black and white, and people do not like this. But they are not my words...Jesus said it Himself.

My dad is an antheist and he and I do not get along and we do not even speak for that matter. So I wanted to avoid this happening in my friendship, and I thought I was doing the right thing by coming here and asking questions as to how to overcome this gap.

what are you talking about?

Guest Justyna

Yalta...it is him. He deleted me from his facebook. I am not upset about the person who contacted him. Ultimately it is up to him as to what he does, and he already made up his mind that he wants nothing to do with me. I cannot change that. I wish I could, but I cant. I have nothing bur respect for him and care about him dearly. I wanted to make sure our friendship went well despite our different views, (that is why I posted this here) but he doesnt want to be my friend anymore. I guess its not meant to be.

It does say this:

To those of us who don't believe the bible, this means absolutely nothing. If the Koran says the same thing about those who don't believe in Allah, or aren't with Allah, then so what? I'm not against Allah because I don't believe Allah exists. Likewise, I don't believe Jesus does or ever did exist.

It's a real shame you don't get along with your dad. What happened? I can't say who caused what without knowing the story - obviously, we'll get your side of it - but still, I'd like to know. Did you preach to him and drive him away with your preaching, or did he act a certain way first, or what happened? Religion tears so many families apart it's depressing. I'm glad my family doesn't have that problem (having liberal Christians in my family helps).

Guest Valk0010

It does say this:

Borderline Personality Disorder

BPD patients may also be uncertain about their identity or self-image. They tend to see things in terms of extremes, either all good or all bad.

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Borderline+personality+disorder

Justyna, someone shared this topic on Facebook. It's possible he found the thread that way, rather than someone contacting him directly.

Regardless, I'm sorry for your loss.

WTF Justyna? Really, what the fucking goddamn Jesus titty-fucking tap-dancing Christ on a cracker are you trying to prove here?

Fess up. Is this all an act? Are we some fucking weekend petri dish for you to piss in for your own amusement? Is this really your "friend", or just another head on your little internet hydra? I must say, "he" has slightly better grammar than you do.

What next, will a Satanist junkie stripper come along that you need to preach to? A pederast Muslim who kicks puppies? Fuck me, you're an attention whore.

Guest Justyna

Yalta,

My dad is a strong atheist..I visitied him (he lives in another country) and at first things were going well. But then he started to become mean to me saying things like "oh you are brain-washed, you will never amount to anything since you are a Christain, you are dumb for believing things that dont exist." It was really hard. I NEVER told my dad to convert...it was always him telling me to deconvert. And I almost did! I almost walked away from it all....(thank God I did not). He was the one that was causing problems for me..so I came back to the US. We dont speak, and I didnt want this to happen to my friend...but unfortunately it has. The TRUTH is sharper than a two edged sword..it will divide people up...cause its real. Sad but true.

Congrats Darklady, you are offocially the first person to be on my ignore list.

Don't like being challenged huh?

Justyna, someone shared this topic on Facebook. It's possible he found the thread that way, rather than someone contacting him directly.

Regardless, I'm sorry for your loss.

I still think the actions of whoever put this topic on Facebook were inappropriate and unnecessary.

I too am sorry for your loss. I hope you two could have talked to each other directly about other things besides Christianity/atheism. Your friend just shared his reasons for leaving Christianity - problems with the morals espoused by the Bible.

But seeing that you were planning to reconvert him... I think he took offense at the idea that, apparently, your goal of talking to him was to lead him back to Christianity rather than just talking to him as a human being. Like others have said, that makes people feel used. It makes them feel like you only view them as "projects to work on", as "souls to be saved", rather than as the combination of hopes, dreams, hobbies, interests, family lives, romantic lives, and everything else that constitutes a person, that they are.

And I think this sad situation will only repeat itself again and again if you try to convert people to, or back to, Christianity, who simply disagree. If they perceive you as only caring about whether or not they are Christian, it's going to feel like a slap in the face and a devaluation of their worth as individuals.

Yalta,

My dad is a strong atheist..I visitied him (he lives in another country) and at first things were going well. But then he started to become mean to me saying things like "oh you are brain-washed, you will never amount to anything since you are a Christain, you are dumb for believing things that dont exist." It was really hard. I NEVER told my dad to convert...it was always him telling me to deconvert. And I almost did! I almost walked away from it all....(thank God I did not). He was the one that was causing problems for me..so I came back to the US. We dont speak, and I didnt want this to happen to my friend...but unfortunately it has. The TRUTH is sharper than a two edged sword..it will divide people up...cause its real. Sad but true.

Weird, but that could happen also. I mean, many of us have horror stories of fundamentalist Christians doing, well, the exact same thing your dad did, except from a "you'll never amount to anything without Jesus" perspective rather than the opposite. Either way, that's still a rotten attitude for an individual to have, period.

Guest Justyna

I dont regret anything. I dont regret coming in here and asking you guys for help with the situation. My intentions were pure. I said nothing but very good things about him, I held him in high esteem and even though we probably wont talk anymore again, I still respect him and wish noting but the best for him. I said how smart he is, how great he is, and how I was excited to be his friend again. And I meant that..and I still do.

I will try not to take his rejection toward me as personal. He doesnt like my religion. I thought I was being very open and accpeting..he was the one that closed the door to me. I cant change that.

I cant seperate being a Christian. It is who I am. It defines me....it is my purpose, and my destiny. I cannot change that, not for anyone. I love God and His word more than anything in this world. He has been the only real friend Ive had.

I dont regret anything. I dont regret coming in here and asking you guys for help with the situation. My intentions were pure. I said nothing but very good things about him, I held him in high esteem and even though we probably wont talk anymore again, I still respect him and wish noting but the best for him. I said how smart he is, how great he is, and how I was excited to be his friend again. And I meant that..and I still do.

I will try not to take his rejection toward me as personal. He doesnt like my religion. I thought I was being very open and accpeting..he was the one that closed the door to me. I cant change that.

I cant seperate being a Christian. It is who I am. It defines me....it is my purpose, and my destiny. I cannot change that, not for anyone. I love God and His word more than anything in this world. He has been the only real friend Ive had.

' My intentions were pure. I said nothing but very good things about him,"? You called him a satanist, for fucks sake! and I quote :I am not sure if he is a satanist or not...but it sounds like it. To me a satanist is anyone who is strongly against Jesus (and this guy is)."

Do you READ what you type? Ever?

Did you read what your "friend" said? If that was a real person, he didn't much like you talking BEHIND HIS BACK. Like he was a PROBLEM to be DEALT WITH.

You really can't see how self-serving this whole post is? "Oh, poor me, little miss martyr, meanie ol atheist satan-licker doesn't like me, he just hates the Jeebus in me."

Go fuck yourself.

Guest Justyna

Luna..you are on ignore too. I dont speak to you like that..and I really shouldnt be spoken to that way in return.

I want to talk to anyone and all, but if people disrespect me, I will put them on ignore from now on.

Luna..you are on ignore too. I dont speak to you like that..and I really shouldnt be spoken to that way in return.

I want to talk to anyone and all, but if people disrespect me, I will put them on ignore from now on.

:lmao:

It ignores me for WEEKS in other threads, and only pokes its head out to say it doesn't hear me.

Stupid cuntmonkey.