Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Friend Became An Atheist/satanist

Guest Justyna

I did nothing wrong...

:facepalm:

The Bible is very clear that THIS will happen a lot. Ive already lost a lot of people because I am a Christian. Bible says that mother will be against daughter...that the house will be devided, that we will lose friends for the sake of Christ. I can deal with that. Its more important to me to do Gods will than to please people. My first commitment is to God, not my friend, and not my family or anyone on here. If you want to follow Christ, be prepared to lose things and to lay down your life. I am willing to pay the price. And I have today. I felt that.

I did nothing wrong...this is what the Bible said would happen, and it did.

... you have NOT lost a lot of people because you are a christian. You have lost them because of your EXTREME arrogance!!

Guest Justyna

Michael,

I read that scripture too. But my friend IS against God....clearly he is. He is against the Bible God. Read his own post..he makes it clear that he does not want to follow the bible God. So he still is against Him.

The Bible is very clear that THIS will happen a lot. Ive already lost a lot of people because I am a Christian.

No, Justyna. You lose people because of the way you treat them. Your beliefs are just a convenient excuse.

I did nothing wrong...

(shakes Her head and sighs) If you can't accept responsibility for your own actions, things are only going to get worse for you. A lot worse. You're setting yourself up for a lifetime of pain and disappointment.

The Bible is very clear that THIS will happen a lot. Ive already lost a lot of people because I am a Christian. Bible says that mother will be against daughter...that the house will be devided, that we will lose friends for the sake of Christ. I can deal with that. Its more important to me to do Gods will than to please people. My first commitment is to God, not my friend, and not my family or anyone on here.

I did nothing wrong...this is what the Bible said would happen, and it did.

Now you're trying to make out this is a biblical prophecy come true? Garbage. He is not angry with you because you are a christian, he is angry with you because you did things kind, compassionate people (many of them actually christians) DON'T do, and that's all your handiwork.

Treating someone like your pet project isn't how friends behave. You came here for tips on how to be friends with this guy even though he's not a christian, and revealed that you wanted to turn him into a christian, without him knowing that you were manipulating him. How do you think HE feels? How would YOU feel if he befriended you with the intention of turning you into an atheist? Honestly, ask yourself that, because that'll give you some indication of how he feels right now.

You treated him like scum, not like a real person. He wasn't good enough for you, because he wasn't a christian, so you were intent on changing him. How do you think he feels?

I guarantee he is angry with you, not with a god he doesn't think exists. To believe otherwise is to just hide from the truth. You know it's the truth, you're just trying to hide from it. Accept it and demonstrate a little bit of personal growth.

The Bible is very clear that THIS will happen a lot. Ive already lost a lot of people because I am a Christian.

No, Justyna. You lose people because of the way you treat them. Your beliefs are just a convenient excuse.

I did nothing wrong...

(shakes Her head and sighs) If you can't accept responsibility for your own actions, things are only going to get worse for you. A lot worse. You're setting yourself up for a lifetime of pain and disappointment.

... we are talking to a wall here methinks! Even my very fundie father used to often use the following saying. "Some people are so heavenly bound they are no earthly use!" You will never get converts by treating people this way!

Hm,I wonder if Justyna would take offence,if a gay man whom she'd call an "abomination" refused to list her as a friend on FB.Probably yes.

"But that's what the Bible says! I'm just trying to live by the book..."

The fact that I quoted Bible verses, yeah that offends a lot of people

It's not the bible that is offensive, it's the passive aggressive way you use it with us and your unwillingness to address the logical contradictions pointed out to you when you do use it.

Guest Justyna

Donna,

I dont agree. How do you think I feel when I see my family and my friend who are NOT saved and dont have a personal relationship with God. It pains me to see cause I know what the outcome will be. I know you guys dont believe in what the Bible says, but we do know what God says will happen to those that dont follow Him. Im a Christian..I am going to influence people to see the LIGHT and not the other way around. Thats not treating him like scum..I was actually being caring and loving and looking out for him and his best interest. I know this holds no water with you guys, since you dont believe the Bible is true..but that was where I was coming from.

Obviously things happen for a reason.

But what if they don't - what if things just happen? And, for that matter, happen because of our own choices?

I know when I do something wrong, and I know when I dont. And trust me..I did nothing wrong. Now if I said something like "Oh my friend is a jerk and he smells and he is very very dumb." Okay..I can see how that can affect him. I said nothing but good things about him. The fact that I said he is an atheist/santanist.....Umm...Jesus Himself makes a black and white distinction. If we are not for Him..we are against Him.

And as long as you follow this very faulty and illogical reasoning you will continue to piss people off and achieve nothing. This is one of the most stupid statements Jesus ever made and shows him to be a fallible man, not the son of God.

Reality shows us that much of the bibles teachings and advice is faulty. This whole incident is evidence of that. Can't you see it? The bible is out of touch with reality and you just can't take it as God's word. It's clearly the writing and opinion of fallible man who really didn't have much of a clue about the human mind.

If we dont serve God, we serve the enemy. Its really that simple. I never judged him, I never rejected him. He rejected me.

To serve something you actually have to go out of your way to follow the instructions and rules of such a being. There are no rules, instructions and teachings of Satn to follow. Get real, Jusyna. Wake up! Jesus was wrong! He was paranoid and illogical. Sad but true.

Maybe Jesus doesnt want me to be his friend. I didnt think about that til now. Obviously things happen for a reason. There is a reason this happened. I accept it. This also proves to me that Christians and atheists can never be real true friends. We can be aquaintences and talk, but the Bible does say that actually. Yeah its offensive and people dont like Gods way..but thats what He said.

It's got nothing to do with what Jesus wants. It's to do with your attitude which has come from irrational claims made by the bible. Try to justify if you must, but it's quite obvious from anyone looking on. Just because you're not for something, does not make you against it. That's just stupid.

I'll be alright OnceConvinced. I was shocked in the beginning, but its sinking in now. I was sad, and got teary eyed..I wanted to cry, but I didnt.

Believe me, I feel for you. It's heartbreaking when you screw up and lose a valued relationship. I've had that myself in recent times with someone special. I still beat myself up over it. But I also know that what I had to deal with wasn't a result of God not wanting me in that relationship. It was just due to unfortunate circumstances and me not thinking things through properly.

Im a Christian..I am going to influence people to see the LIGHT and not the other way around. Thats not treating him like scum..I was actually being caring and loving and looking out for him and his best interest.

Um... Did it work?

No, it did not.

You might want to reconsider your strategy.

Donna,

I dont agree. How do you think I feel when I see my family and my friend who are NOT saved and dont have a personal relationship with God. It pains me to see cause I know what the outcome will be. I know you guys dont believe in what the Bible says, but we do know what God says will happen to those that dont follow Him. Im a Christian..I am going to influence people to see the LIGHT and not the other way around. Thats not treating him like scum..I was actually being caring and loveing and looking out for him and his best interest. I know this holds no water with you guys, since you dont believe the Bible is true..but that was where I was coming from.

Don't try to take the moral high ground on this one, Justyna. You are the only one who thinks what you did was right. If you were honest, you would turn it around and look at how YOU would feel if someone befriended YOU with the intention of making you deconvert. You would feel betrayed, and you would feel as if you were not good enough for them the way you are. That is what I am getting at, Justyna. Don't try to turn it into "I'm right because these people are going to hell". They don't believe in hell, only you do. So it's not part of the equation for them. If you want any real relationship with anyone else, you're going to have to learn to see the world the way they do. It IS possible to do that, and still be a christian.

If you really loved these people, you'd leave it up to your god as to whether they are 'saved' or not. Really, that is between them and god (that's what I believed as a christian) and is NOTHING to do with you. To impose your beliefs on others, no matter how right you think you are, is just arrogance. Most christians don't do that. Why do you feel you have to?

I dont agree. How do you think I feel when I see my family and my friend who are NOT saved and dont have a personal relationship with God. It pains me to see cause I know what the outcome will be.

Look,some people aren't interested in worshiping your deity. Even if it threatens them with hell for not doing so. You know nothing.

Im a Christian..I am going to influence people to see the LIGHT and not the other way around. Thats not treating him like scum..I was actually being caring and loving and looking out for him and his best interest.

Um... Did it work?

No, it did not.

You might want to reconsider your strategy.

Oh , but she "fullfiled a prophecy" or something instead.How cool is that? :)

Donna,

I dont agree. How do you think I feel when I see my family and my friend who are NOT saved and dont have a personal relationship with God. It pains me to see cause I know what the outcome will be. I know you guys dont believe in what the Bible says, but we do know what God says will happen to those that dont follow Him. Im a Christian..I am going to influence people to see the LIGHT and not the other way around. Thats not treating him like scum..I was actually being caring and loving and looking out for him and his best interest. I know this holds no water with you guys, since you dont believe the Bible is true..but that was where I was coming from.

.... so fairly easy to see where your relationships are all headed! Down the drain! (Unless of course you can find someone with as black and white thinking as yours!)

Guest Justyna

Lets just drop this....its over. I cant change it, and I cant do anything about it. He doesnt want to be my friend. Talking about it over and over and dicussing it does not make me feel better. I know I cared about him, and I know I wanted the best for our friendship because I can see from the way I reacted. I was deeply shocked and sad and confused and angry and everything. I was sitting with my sister and my eyes began to get filled with tears and I was determined not the let them roll down my face. I went into the bathroom (I didnt want my sister to see my crying and asking me what was wrong). If I didnt care..I would not have reacted this way. I would have brushed it off and it would not have affected me. But guess what? It did affect me. And we are now talking about it, and will probably talk about it tomorrow if I am here and so forth. Those are not the actions of someone who doesnt care. I care and I wanted to be his friend again from the bottom of my heart. I really did.

Now if we can all just have a little respect for me...and let this thread die out..I would greatly appreciate it. I dont want to talk about it. I am not over it yet..just sort of trying to be okay with it cause I have no choice. Please no more rude comments, I cant handle it tonight...my heart hurts.

.... so fairly easy to see where your relationships are all headed! Down the drain!

Hey,she'll still have her imaginary friends.

One of my strategies as a Christian was to be a friend and set an example. I did not plot to try to save anyone, nor did I preach. Be a friend, show them that you accept them as they are and that you are not judging them. Try to understand them as people. Reading a book on personalities is a good idea. "Personality Plus" by Florence Littauer is one I recommend (I think she may even be a Christian herself). You can invite them along to Christian events. If they want to discuss Christianity with you, then by all means talk to them about it. That was my philosophy.

Just be careful about not quoting scriptures that will clearly be taken as insults towards them (and show your attitude towards them), eg "If you are not for me, you are against me", or "A fool says in his heart there is no God" as anyone with any logical or rational thinking will see them right away as logical fallacies and as clearly just words designed to demonise people who think differently.

• Like 1

I truly believe the girl is nuts

.... so fairly easy to see where your relationships are all headed! Down the drain! (Unless of course you can find someone with as black and white thinking as yours!)

That'll only last until the other party deconverts. It does happen, as the existence of this board testifies.

As an aside, I've been thinking about absolutist thinking in general. It seems to Me that seeing the world in shades of crisp black and white may be comforting to some people in that it provides simple yes-and-no answers that do not need to be analyzed or questioned.

Unfortunately, those 'answers' have very little to do with the real world. Life is messy and ambiguous, and in turns exhilarating, distressing and outright terrifying.

I love it. I'm definitely the "infinite shades of grey" type.

Now if we can all just have a little respect for me...

What about respect for others?

Lets just drop this....its over. I cant change it, and I cant do anything about it. He doesnt want to be my friend. Talking about it over and over and dicussing it does not make me feel better. I know I cared about him, and I know I wanted the best for our friendship because I can see from the way I reacted. I was deeply shocked and sad and confused and angry and everything. I was sitting with my sister and my eyes began to get filled with tears and I was determined not the let them roll down my face. I went into the bathroom (I didnt want my sister to see my crying and asking me what was wrong). If I didnt care..I would not have reacted this way. I would have brushed it off and it would not have affected me. But guess what? It did affect me. And we are now talking about it, and will probably talk about it tomorrow if I am here and so forth. Those are not the actions of someone who doesnt care. I care and I wanted to be his friend again from the bottom of my heart. I really did.

Now if we can all just have a little respect for me...and let this thread die out..I would greatly appreciate it. I dont want to talk about it. I am not over it yet..just sort of trying to be okay with it cause I have no choice. Please no more rude comments, I cant handle it tonight...my heart hurts.

You can't change it, but you can learn from it.

You need to see it from his perspective, if you do nothing else. Forget about him being angry with jesus, he's angry with you. You need to accept that.

I think you'll find most of us have some respect for you, despite the horrible things you have posted on this site. I'm posting advice to you about what you need to take from this experience. If you just cling to the belief that his rejection of you is based on you being a christian, not your behaviour, then you're doomed to repeat that behaviour and alienate others. That's no kind of life. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Your black and white thinking doesn't work in the real world. You need to realise that. If you hadn't posted what you posted here, you'd still have a friend. It's your responsibility.

You need to see it from his perspective, if you do nothing else. Forget about him being angry with jesus, he's angry with you. You need to accept that...

...Your black and white thinking doesn't work in the real world. You need to realise that. If you hadn't posted what you posted here, you'd still have a friend. It's your responsibility.

Exactly.