Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Friend Became An Atheist/satanist

Guest Justyna

Guest Justyna

I really cant change what happened. I wish I could, but I cant. Jesus Himself said that if you dont serve Him, you serve evil. There is no in between. Thats how it is. If you are not for Him, you are against Him.

I guess this thread can be closed now....cause its pretty much over. Not really the ending I wanted or expected, but oh well. It is what it is.

I dont regret anything. I dont regret coming in here and asking you guys for help with the situation. My intentions were pure. I said nothing but very good things about him, I held him in high esteem and even though we probably wont talk anymore again, I still respect him and wish noting but the best for him. I said how smart he is, how great he is, and how I was excited to be his friend again. And I meant that..and I still do.

I will try not to take his rejection toward me as personal. He doesnt like my religion. I thought I was being very open and accpeting..he was the one that closed the door to me. I cant change that.

I cant seperate being a Christian. It is who I am. It defines me....it is my purpose, and my destiny. I cannot change that, not for anyone. I love God and His word more than anything in this world. He has been the only real friend Ive had.

Justyna, he's angry because you treated him like crap. He doesn't believe in god, so he's not angry with god. He's angry with you. You need to accept that, no matter how much it hurts. He is not rejecting 'jesus', he is rejecting you for your behaviour. I know that hurts, but you need to stop using god as a scapegoat. That is not honest. You need to take the rejection personally, because as far as he is concerned, it is personal. There is no third party (jesus).

We all do stuff that blows up in our faces. We all do stuff that hurts others. But mature people take full responsibility for what they do, not try to place that blame on another party. You need to grow as a person and say to yourself "I did this. It was not god. I did this, and I'm responsible for the consequences".

There are a lot of people who've lost close friends and family through the divisive nature of christianity. I'm telling you, you can't live your life using black and white thinking. That only leads to misery. You need to think about how you feel, and how you would react if you were in another person's shoes, rather than referring everything to the bible and what it says. You need to think for yourself. If it matches up with the bible, then good. If it doesn't, you need to ask yourself why.

So while you have my sympathies, I think you also have a good opportunity for some self growth. I think when you're done licking your wounds you might come back a slightly better person.

Luna..you are on ignore too. I dont speak to you like that..and I really shouldnt be spoken to that way in return.

I want to talk to anyone and all, but if people disrespect me, I will put them on ignore from now on.

:lmao:

It ignores me for WEEKS in other threads, and only pokes its head out to say it doesn't hear me.

Stupid cuntmonkey.

she doesn't like to be caught out in her lies Luny

Luna..you are on ignore too. I dont speak to you like that..and I really shouldnt be spoken to that way in return.

I want to talk to anyone and all, but if people disrespect me, I will put them on ignore from now on.

It ignores me for WEEKS in other threads, and only pokes its head out to say it doesn't hear me.

Stupid cuntmonkey.

... Luna ... you at least swore at her .... Darklady's "offensive" statement was this:

"what are you talking about?"

Stupid cuntmonkey.

... Luna ... you at least swore at her .... Darklady's offensive statement was this:

I didn't think it was offensive - her last post was confusing.

Guest Justyna

Donna,

I didnt do anything wrong. I was not the one that deleted him from my account. I said nothing but good things about him here. He has no reason to not like me. The fact that I quoted Bible verses, yeah that offends a lot of people. I try to live by the Bible....I am not perfect, but I try to get myself aligned with it daily. I dont regret standing up for God and His ways 100%. Im very proud to be His and to be a Christian. I really am. If I lost a friend because of Jesus and His word, that is fine by me. And even though I didnt want that, I wanted us to be friends and meet up etc.....Jesus is number one in my life. I do feel sad about it, but what am I suppose to do now? Nothing. There is nothing I can do. Its over. I said nothing that was wrong. He doesnt like my God and my religion.

Guest Justyna

To me he is the one that was being closed minded and took things the wrong way. He didnt even send me an e-mail asking me about it, and didnt ask what my intentions were. He just automatically deleted me. I told him, that my dad and I had a similar problem and I didnt want that to be a problem with him. Thats why I "went behind his back." I wanted to make sure our friendship lasted and was good etc. I was not talking behind his back or saying anything mean about him. Nothing. I wanted to ask ex-christians and atheists to help me make sure that my friendship with him went well. What is wrong with that? Nothing. I thought it showed that I cared..he didnt think so. I have to respect his decision. I have no choice.

ETA: Maybe he didnt really value the friendship. Anyone who was my friend would see that I was not against him and that I just wanted to make sure our friendship went well. He just deleted me, didnt say anything to me. Obviously I didnt mean that much to him afterall.

Stupid cuntmonkey.

... Luna ... you at least swore at her .... Darklady's offensive statement was this:

I didn't think it was offensive - her last post was confusing.

... that was sarcasm! :-)

Donna,

ME ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ME ME I I I I I I JESUS LOVES MEEEEEEEEEE, NOT YOUUUUUUU, MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! He doesnt like my God and my religion.

What an egotistical twatwaffle.

It is at least a very good example of what NOT to be.

Well this makes me very sad to read. I really dont have the words to speak right now. Not sure what to say really. I feel horrible, but the Bible is very clear about these kinds of things.

It does say this:

"He who is not with Me is against Me."

—Matthew 12:30a

That is sort of hard to take in and seems somewhat unfair, but its not like I am making this up. I got it right out of the Bible. Its very black and white, and people do not like this. But they are not my words...Jesus said it Himself.

Jesus was clearly suffering from paranoid delusions. Those are not the words of a logical man, let alone the son of God.

Donna,

I didnt do anything wrong. I was not the one that deleted him from my account. I said nothing but good things about him here. He has no reason to not like me. The fact that I quoted Bible verses, yeah that offends a lot of people. I try to live by the Bible....I am not perfect, but I try to get myself aligned with it daily. I dont regret standing up for God and His ways 100%. Im very proud to be His and to be a Christian. I really am. If I lost a friend because of Jesus and His word, that is fine by me. And even though I didnt want that, I wanted us to be friends and meet up etc.....Jesus is number one in my life. I do feel sad about it, but what am I suppose to do now? Nothing. There is nothing I can do. Its over. I said nothing that was wrong. He doesnt like my God and my religion.

You did do something wrong. You treated him as your pet evangelism project. In doing so you treated him like a two dimensional puppet, not a real person whose feelings and ideas are valued.

You need to accept that you did something wrong. He isn't angry at god, he's angry at you. The reason for this is that you did something wrong.

You can keep living your life according to your dogmatic interpretation of the bible, but if you continue to do so, you will never have any friends. You need to tone it down a bit. You need to put christianity on the backburner when you interact with others. Do you think you'll win any converts if you go up to people and say "You're going to hell if you don't follow what I preach?" Of course not. And you won't have any friends either.

Most people you meet shouldn't know about your christianity unless they ask you. Keep it to yourself. Don't judge people. And don't let your beliefs poison your relationships.

You say your father told you you'd never amount to anything as a christian, and that it hurt you. You don't see that effectively, you're doing the same thing to others, from the other side. Remember how rejected it made you feel? When you don't accept people for who they are (even the bits you don't like) you don't really love or accept them. You make your love conditional, and that isn't love. That is loving people the way the god of the bible 'loves' them, by rejecting them if they are not 100% to his satisfaction. God isn't the best role model, come to think of it, but that's another story.

You did something wrong. You need to accept it and not try to deflect blame. To do otherwise would be childish.

• Like 1

If you are not for Him, you are against Him.

In your cultlike mentality you're not allowed to be friends with "enemies of Jesus" anyway,so I can't see why you're bothered.

The fact that I quoted Bible verses, yeah that offends a lot of people. I try to live by the Bible....

You really can't see how self-serving this whole post is? "Oh, poor me, little miss martyr, meanie ol atheist satan-licker doesn't like me, he just hates the Jeebus in me."

Go fuck yourself.

This.

I didnt do anything wrong. I was not the one that deleted him from my account. I said nothing but good things about him here. He has no reason to not like me.

I beg to differ. Here, again, is part of what he said.

...you're focusing on this one issue because, like every other believer in the world, you are convinced that you have access to the absolute truth and that, therefore, anyone who doesn't share the same view must be backwards, evil, Satanic and destined for fiery torment. Not only is that extremely condescending, it is not at all the actions of anyone who is honestly interested in friendship. Your attitude towards me seems to be one of pity for my alleged lack of enlightenment, and perhaps some burning curiosity for what you can gain by speaking with a nonbeliever. I'm not your school project, I am a living human being with feelings and the right to be my own individual person - something that believers seem to constantly gasp in horror over. Why is it such a tragedy that there are other people out there who operate on a totally different philosophy?

I'd say he does have legitimate reasons for not liking you, Justyna. He took your commentary much the same way we took it -- As insulting and condescending.

You simply cannot go through life expecting people to magically read your 'real' attitude and motives directly out of your brain -- You have to learn how to communicate for the benefit of the person on the receiving end.

I'll give you an analogy from My own life: I work in medicine. I type highly complex reports that, if mistyped or misread, will affect the course of someone's illness. If I can't understand what I'm hearing on the tape, or if a dosage of medicine sounds too high, I look it up on the Internet and listen again; or I mark it for the doctor to confirm when he or she signs the letter; or I e-mail or telephone the doctor's secretary. I don't just type something that I think sounds good or feels good.

Know your audience. Think before you speak or type. And, above all, don't let your feelings get in the way of learning from this experience.

Justyna ... your current situation seems to be so much related around your relationship with your Dad! (And your attitude to everyone on here!)

Why don't you go to the trouble of addressing that? It WILL take effort but it might sort out many of your issues!

Guest Justyna

I know when I do something wrong, and I know when I dont. And trust me..I did nothing wrong. Now if I said something like "Oh my friend is a jerk and he smells and he is very very dumb." Okay..I can see how that can affect him. I said nothing but good things about him. The fact that I said he is an atheist/santanist.....Umm...Jesus Himself makes a black and white distinction. If we are not for Him..we are against Him. If we dont serve God, we serve the enemy. Its really that simple. I never judged him, I never rejected him. He rejected me.

Maybe Jesus doesnt want me to be his friend. I didnt think about that til now. Obviously things happen for a reason. There is a reason this happened. I accept it. This also proves to me that Christians and atheists can never be real true friends. We can be aquaintences and talk, but the Bible does say that actually. Yeah its offensive and people dont like Gods way..but thats what He said.

ETA: Maybe he didnt really value the friendship. Anyone who was my friend would see that I was not against him and that I just wanted to make sure our friendship went well. He just deleted me, didnt say anything to me. Obviously I didnt mean that much to him afterall.

Hey, don't be sad though, Realist still loves ya! ;)

Justyna will never have real friends. Jesus is too far up her ass.

I know when I do something wrong, and I know when I dont. And trust me..I did nothing wrong. Now if I said something like "Oh my friend is a jerk and he smells and he is very very dumb." Okay..I can see how that can affect him. I said nothing but good things about him. The fact that I said he is an atheist/santanist.....Umm...Jesus Himself makes a black and white distinction. If we are not for Him..we are against Him. If we dont serve God, we serve the enemy. Its really that simple. I never judged him, I never rejected him. He rejected me.

Maybe Jesus doesnt want me to be his friend. I didnt think about that til now. Obviously things happen for a reason. There is a reason this happened. I accept it. This also proves to me that Christians and atheists can never be real true friends. We can be aquaintences and talk, but the Bible does say that actually. Yeah its offensive and people dont like Gods way..but thats what He said.

If you go through life believing that your actions are perfect and that you have a mandate from god to behave the way you do, then you deserve to have no friends. I wouldn't be friends with someone like that even if I was a christian.

You treated him like shit, and now you're denying it. You're lying to yourself and making a fool of yourself to everyone on this forum who have read what you wrote, and what your friend wrote.

See it from someone else's perspective. There are other opinions, and they are just as valid as yours. You have acted appallingly. PRetending you didn't doesn't change that.

Guest Justyna

I'll be alright OnceConvinced. I was shocked in the beginning, but its sinking in now. I was sad, and got teary eyed..I wanted to cry, but I didnt.

I said nothing but good things about him. The fact that I said he is an atheist/santanist...

...offended him deeply, Justyna. He didn't think you were saying good things about him, not at all. Please try to see it from his point-of-view, before you make this same mistake with another friend. Or family member. Or boss or co-worker.

How would you feel if you found me complaining that a friend of mine from long ago is STILL following a religion that says homosexuals should be murdered, children should be killed for disobeying or dishonoring their parents (sounds a bit like honor killing and Islam to me!), that if anyone attempts to lead you away from you faith should be put to death by your hand? A "holy" book that shows God commanding his chosen people to wipe out all the tribes in ancient Palestine, a God who essentially believes in racial purity and the inferiority of non-Jews.

"But that was the old testament! "

Guest Justyna

The Bible is very clear that THIS will happen a lot. Ive already lost a lot of people because I am a Christian. Bible says that mother will be against daughter...that the house will be devided, that we will lose friends for the sake of Christ. I can deal with that. Its more important to me to do Gods will than to please people. My first commitment is to God, not my friend, and not my family or anyone on here. If you want to follow Christ, be prepared to lose things and to lay down your life. I am willing to pay the price. And I have today. I felt that.

I did nothing wrong...this is what the Bible said would happen, and it did.

I said nothing but good things about him. The fact that I said he is an atheist/santanist...

...offended him deeply, Justyna. He didn't think you were saying good things about him, not at all. Please try to see it from his point-of-view, before you make this same mistake with another friend. Or family member. Or boss or co-worker.

.... I think she has already made that mistake with a family member ... her Dad! Justyna you have to realise life is a two way street!

If we are not for Him..we are against Him.

Luke 9,50

But Jesus said to him, “(...)he who is not against us is on our side.”

Guest I Love Dog

Well if they suck then why do they have over 25,000 fans on there? Just saying....anyway, that is not the point.

I think, Justyna, that you are softening and may even admit that atheists have some good arguments. :grin: