Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Friend Became An Atheist/satanist

Guest Justyna

More and more I am realizing that the Bible is very offensive to people...it cuts them deep and it hurts. I use a Bible verse to say what He said about the black and white-ness of following Him, then someone says to me that "oh well He never said that. Somone put words in HIs mouth." NO He really did say that. He also said you will lose friends and family for His name's sake. I dont think ministry is easy, and I dont think I am going to make a lot of friends by going into it. Perhaps some yes...but many people will get offended by what Jesus said etc.

Sure. You will lose friends, and you will have an imaginary friend instead. One day, you'll wake up and discover how much you fooled yourself and regret it deeply.

Just because everyone on here says I am wrong, doesnt mean I am.

It cuts both ways.

Just because you, the Bible, or every other Christian says we're wrong, it doesn't mean we're wrong.

And yeah..I want to do Christian counseling/ministry. Not secular. That is correct. I think counseling without God is a failure. We need God to be the center of our lives..that is the only way it will work..that is the only way people will be healed. I believe that whole heartedly. I really do. I think a life lived without Christ is a waste....and will not end well.

Hopefully, you will realize the truth one day.

Nevermind...

People dont want the hear the truth..

That's right, and you are a person. You don't want to hear the truth from people around you.

We have a whole bunch of people on this board that pretty much agree on you, and we're telling you, and you won't accept it because it's the truth and it hurts.

So you're right, people--like you--don't want to hear the truth.

that what they are doing is sin, that they will be sepearted from God forever....that sin keeps us from Him, that God wants all of us etc. They dont like that. Its much easier and more convinient to find a way of thinking (a theory or philosophy) that lets you do what you want to do instead of what God says.

My theory or philosophy does not let me do whatever I want. Why do you think that? Why do you think that non-Christians have no moral guidance?

We like that...we like it when we can do waht we want, and we hate it when someone tells us not to do something.

Sure. But it doesn't mean that some people actually can learn to accept listening for advice, counseling, and corrections.

Ministry is hard work..I know I am called to it, and its very draining and exhausting...not to mention you dont get paid for it..ahah.

Are you getting a psych degree to do ministry?

I dont think I am done with the messageboard..feel like I am suppose to be here for some reason...but I think I am done with this topic and this thread. Its pretty much dead if you ask me.

I think it's plenty of fun!

Well I am on ignore, so I presume that she won't see this, but I have never come across anyone so self centred and delusional as this girl. I agree with all you posts Ouroboros, but I really don’t see her listening to anything any one says unless it falls into her world view.

... but I really don’t see her listening to anything any one says unless it falls into her world view.

Yeah. I noticed that. I keep on responding, hoping that she'll eventually get the point, but I'm probably way too optimistic. :(

Maybe Jesus doesnt want me to be His friend.

There, I fixed it.

• Like 1

I use a Bible verse to say what He said about the black and white-ness of following Him, then someone says to me that "oh well He never said that. Somone put words in HIs mouth." NO He really did say that.

Is your reading comprehension really that bad? Here is what I said:

You don't know that Jesus said it. Whoever wrote Matthew put the words in Jesus' mouth, but that doesn't mean that Jesus actually said it (or that he even existed, for that matter).

So you're basically taking some unknown person's word for absolute truth and then using it to justify an erroneous attitude toward outsiders.

So, you see, Justyna, I did not say that Jesus did not say that, I said that "YOU DON'T KNOW that Jesus said it." And you don't know that he did, just like I don't know that he didn't.

Justyna, I'd really like for you to at least think about this part of a post of mine that you didn't respond to:

Also, regarding your comment that you'll pray for god to show himself to your friend, do you really believe that your god is too shallow and inconsiderate of your friend to help him without you begging him to do so? Does your god not give a rat's rump for him and refuse to lift a finger for him unless someone else pleads for him? I mean, come on now, don't you see how ridiculous that whole scenario is?

People dont want the hear the truth..that what they are doing is sin, that they will be sepearted from God forever....that sin keeps us from Him, that God wants all of us etc. They dont like that. Its much easier and more convinient to find a way of thinking (a theory or philosophy) that lets you do what you want to do instead of what God says. We like that...we like it when we can do waht we want, and we hate it when someone tells us not to do something.

First, I think you said your friend was a Christian about a year ago (or so). I assume you then think that he was not hell bound then, but he is now. Do you wish your friend had died a year ago so that he would have eternal bliss in the chocolate arms of God? If you had known that he was headed for hell before he did, should you have dispatched him to heaven?

[Note: I'm not suggesting any action be taken; just curious about how Justyna views the time of death as being relevant to eternity.]

Second, if you're not wearing a niqab, burka or other clothing to show your closeness to Allah, then you're just believing in some religion that "lets you do what you want to do instead of what God says." You believe that don't you? It's written in black and white in the Koran.

[47.32] Surely those who disbelieve and turn away from Allah's way and oppose the Apostle after that guidance has become clear to them cannot harm Allah in any way, and He will make null their deeds.

I really do understand that you don't follow the Koran because you don't believe it is the inspired word of God as delivered through his prophet (ptui). Why do you find it so difficult to understand that we don't believe your bullshit?

Guest Justyna

Well I went to church this morning, praying that the message would speak to me somehow. It didnt. I just sort of zoned out, but then the Holy Spirit did speak to me. I asked Him if I did anything wrong, and if He could point it out to me and make it clear to me if I made a mistake in all this. I didnt hear anything, and honestly I dont see my mistake in all this. I sincrely tried to see if I did make a mistake, but God didnt tell me anything. I know my heart was good and I meant well. So I will stand by that. I prayed over it, and I have peace about it now.

He also told me that things are going to get "worse and uglier." I am not called to be "nice" and "sweet" and to tell people what they want to hear. I am called to tell the TRUTH..and the TRUTH is hard to accept. I know I am called to do this with love, and I believe that I do preach Gods Word with love. I was sitting in church and God brought to my attention a pastor I used to have back when I was just a teenager. He was great, very powerful and very gifted. I remember sitting in church when he was a pastor and he would constantly be "offending" people with the TRUHT. I remember people left the church as a result. I remember there was a lot of controvesry and drama. I remember him praying over me and anointing me that I would have the same anointing as him. (actually a double portion) Well today at church God reminded that I do have the same anointing as my old pastor. Im very controversal...I speak the Word and this is just the beginning. I know the same anointing flows through me now.

When I was like 15/16 I was super sweet and very nice and never said anything, never spoke up, and just went along with things. Ive definitely grown since that and God has changed me to be powerful, and have boldness in Him and in His Word. I am confident in Him..I am proud to be His because it says that if you are going to boast in anything, then boast in HIm. And I do. I dont boast about other things, only Him. I think its hard cause I am only 28, but I look like I could pass for 21 or so (thats what people have told me). So when I come to people and tell them to repent.....they dont understand how this "little girl" can tell them that. Looking younger is not to my advantage right now...people just dismiss what I say and say that I know nothing and dont have experience. I do have experience, and I know that Jesus is the only way. He said it Himself.

I dont think I will have a lot of friends, which is a good thing I am so close to God and that He is my best friend. Im not going to be mean and rude, but I will speak the Truth...and if it offends others...well then I know I am just doing the same thing Jesus did. Thats how I see it, and that is what God brought to my attention at church this morning.

Women are expected to sit there and not say anything and just nod...I am not like that. I have boldness now and I am not afraid to speak up. Not at all. I dont "look" like I am this way, but I am. I think people expect sweetness from me, and when I hit them with the TRUTH..they are shocked that I speak like that. Im not apologizing for that, cause that is how God is making me to be. I was different and He changed me to have confidence in HIm and His Word. I am not bothered if people talk about me or say I am wrong or this that and the other. I know where I stand, and it is well with my soul. There will be plenty more people I offend...thats how I think. This is not the first nor last time. I am fine with that. Theres a price that needs to be paid, and I will gladly pay it.

Im also like a rock now...I cant be broken. I stand on Gods Word and its everlasting and will not vanish. I am a pretty tough cookie if you ask me. You might think I am all fragile and all, but I am pretty strong (in Him). Its going to get uglier, and worse. Jesus didnt come to bring peace.

More and more I am realizing that the Bible is very offensive to people...it cuts them deep and it hurts.

It may cut you deep, but it doesn't do that to me. I don't believe it's true, so it doesn't do anything to me.

Just because everyone on here says I am wrong, doesnt mean I am.

And, as another has pointed out, just because you say you're right doesn't mean you are.

The majority of people thought that Jesus was lying and not the Son of God. Only a few people believed Him..then they killed Him. It did not mean they were right. He is the Son of God, and they were wrong.

If the story were true, then that would be true. However, the gospel writers couldn't even agree with each other on the details surrounding the resurrection, which is supposedly the single most important thing in christianity! And the gospel writers took OT texts completely out of context in order to fabricate prophetic fulfillments. Sorry, but I don't believe that writers who were honestly relaying a true message would stoop to that level and get their stories so mixed up, especially if they were inspired by god!

Also, an ex-christian can be an accusuer of the brethern. So I dont take your guys bad comments to heart.....because if I am for HIm and you guys are clearly against Him....you will not like me no matter what I say.

No, I am NOT "against Him," I simply don't believe in him.

Let me clarify this way: If I'm against your god, then you're against Santa Claus!

I think Jesus' message is about love and to love your neighbor as yourself...but I am finding out just how controversal His message is, and how much it affects people to the core of their being.

That message isn't at all controversial amongst us. If all there was to your religion was to love your neighbor as yourself, that would be great! If there was a Jesus who really taught that and only that, then props to him.

However, there's a lot more to your religion, as well as a lot of unsubstantiated (and some disproven) claims that are shoved in our faces by radical religious folk like you, and THAT is what is controversial!

They either accept Him or they reject Him. There is no in between.

That is NONSENSE! I don't accept or reject him, I DON'T BELIEVE IN HIM!

Let me illustrate again: If I am rejecting Jesus, then you're rejecting Santa Claus.

Do you get it yet?

I should focus on touching the lives of other people who are ready and eager to accept Jesus and His message.

Yep, go prey on those who don't know enough about your religion to realize that it's garbage.

And yeah..I want to do Christian counseling/ministry. Not secular. That is correct. I think counseling without God is a failure.

LOL! And you don't see how much of a failure your approach has been here? Sorry, but a good quality nonreligious counselor can do a lot more to help someone than religious zealots can.

I think a life lived without Christ is a waste....and will not end well.

Your life will end exactly the same way our lives will: in death.

Yeah, the link doesn't work, but the site is legit. I'm listening to his music now, and it's pretty good. It's a sort of progressive death metal thing, and even though I usually don't get into death vocals (Opeth is the only such band I've really gotten into before), I'm quite liking Ana Kefr.

Here's a correct link for anyone interested:

http://www.myspace.com/anakefr

Here's a link to an Amazon MP3 listing with a bunch of sound snippets:

http://www.amazon.com/Volume-1/dp/B002B3SILC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1282489180&sr=8-1

And here's the CD version:

http://www.amazon.com/1-Ana-Kefr/dp/B002CLKQXQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1282489180&sr=8-3

I'm more of a Perry Como kind of guy, but they are certainly talented.

I really like the beginning of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGp8GJgJWZs&feature=related

As far as beliefs go, I'd say he probably has his beliefs pretty well sorted out. Ana Kefr (the name of the band) is arabic for I am Infidel.

Words are hard for me to make out in the music, but in the spoken part of the intro on their YouTube channel they read some lyrics about how some religions seem to focus on the superficialities rather than actually helping humanity of getting along.

I wish them well.

Guest Justyna

If you dont believe in Jesus, then you ARE against Him.

If you believe in Jesus and dont serve Him, then you are also against Him.

Thats very simple to see and understand. Its very black and white.

Guest Valk0010

Tell me how can i be against a guy that is dead and gone.

. . . blah blah blah . . . ignoring 1 Peter 3:15 . . . contrary to scripture . . . blah blah blah

That last rant reminds me of the origin stories of comic super heroes.

Witness the birth of . . . TROLL GIRL!!!

Guest Justyna

I dont see how trying to be someones friend, and trying to reach out to them, and trying to help them see the Light is wrong and cruel and bad. I just dont see it. Especially because I prayed about it, and STILL dont see my mistake. Wrong is when you allow your friend to go down a path that YOU KNOW will not end well for them. That is unloving and unkind.

Well I went to church this morning, praying that the message would speak to me somehow. It didnt. I just sort of zoned out, but then the Holy Spirit did speak to me. I asked Him if I did anything wrong, and if He could point it out to me and make it clear to me if I made a mistake in all this. I didnt hear anything, and honestly I dont see my mistake in all this. I sincrely tried to see if I did make a mistake, but God didnt tell me anything. I know my heart was good and I meant well. So I will stand by that. I prayed over it, and I have peace about it now.

Imaginary beings don't really talk. We just pretend that they talk, and then say what we want to. Right?

Right.

The absence of a message is your first clue. I hope it brings you back to sanity eventually. Many of us finally realized that the quiet was the answer, but it was from within.

Quoting the bible is sometimes annoying. Have you heard people say, "Confucius says" followed by some advice.

Confucius says, "He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Maybe you could learn from the words of Confucius. Instead, you seem to be following the wisdom of Ted Turner: "If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect.

Holy Spirit did speak to me. I asked Him if I did anything wrong <...>

He also told me that things are going to get "worse and uglier."

Two things:

1. I'm certain,that sound hallucinations constitute a good reason to seek professional help.

2. It is reasonable to avoid unnecessary contact a person who has sound hallucinations,but neglects professional help.

Guest Justyna

And also...if I didnt care about my friend...then why did I just spent 14 pages talking about him? I obviously care, more than he will ever know at this point. If I didnt care, I would have never said anything in the first place.

Oh and its not a "hallucination" if you can back up what God said in His Word. The things He told me today at church, line up with His Word. That is how I know its Him.

Oh and my old pastor was just like me...or I should say I am just like him. He heard from God and God spoke to him too. So that is where that comes from. Same anointing was transfered over to me(which sort of scares me because he went through hell). Many people didnt like him, and he was very controversal etc.

So, if this was WW2, it's either Germany or USA, there is no Switzerland? What the...?

Does the fact that a Buddhist in China may never have heard of Jesus or the Abrahamic God and have no interest to convert make him a Satanist? Really? Does it make him against Jesus?

Please, realize how much you sound like a Preacher in the Salem Witch Trials... Did you ever read "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller in high school? This "You are either with us or against us!" is a straight-out fear-mongering excuse for hate. And the Crucible was further a social commentary on the Red Scare of the Cold War, where if you had any sympathies for anything related to the people of Soviet Russia, you could be considered a Communist and black-listed for "Un-American" activities/thoughts.

I don't really like Jesus that much, but I'm not really against him- as much as I can be against a fictional character in a cartoon, that is my honest opinion. I get as equally annoyed by annoying character "A" in my saturday morning cartoons as I do by Jesus.

That's not what Jesus said. Mark 9:38-41
John said to him, ‘Teacher, we saw someone* casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.’ 39But Jesus said, ‘Do not stop him; for no one who does a deed of power in my name will be able soon afterwards to speak evil of me. 40Whoever is not against us is for us. 41For truly I tell you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you bear the name of Christ will by no means lose the reward.
Jesus said that those who are not against him are with him. He didn't say that those who are not with him are against him like you're claiming.

Guest Justyna

Neon: I looked at that verse as well.

"John said to him, ‘Teacher, we saw someone* casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.’ 39But Jesus said, ‘Do not stop him; for no one who does a deed of power in my name will be able soon afterwards to speak evil of me. 40Whoever is not against us is for us. 41For truly I tell you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you bear the name of Christ will by no means lose the reward."

Ummm..Jesus is talking about anyone who comes in HIS NAME that is not against Him. So if you dont come in His name, then you ARE against Him indeed. In the above scripture, John is concerend because someone was doing miracles in Jesus' Name but was not one of the 12 disciples that followed Jesus. So Jesus corrects him and tells him that its fine since this person comes in the name of Jesus (even though he is not one of the 12 disciples). Get it?

So if you are for God and for His Name and come in His Name..then you are fine.

If you dont, then you are against Him. Its pretty clear to me.

So for example. I am not one of the original 12 disciples, but I come in Jesus' Name, so therefore you can assume that I am for Him. Thats what that was referring to.

Have you read Mark chapter two where Jesus has dinner with sinners?

Jesus* went out again beside the lake; the whole crowd gathered around him, and he taught them. 14As he was walking along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, ‘Follow me.’ And he got up and followed him.

15 And as he sat at dinner* in Levi’s* house, many tax-collectors and sinners were also sitting* with Jesus and his disciples—for there were many who followed him. 16When the scribes of* the Pharisees saw that he was eating with sinners and tax-collectors, they said to his disciples, ‘Why does he eat* with tax-collectors and sinners?’ 17When Jesus heard this, he said to them, ‘Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.’

People,please!At this point Justyne has repeatedly admitted both having sound halucinations and neglecting to seek professional help. Doesn't that bother anyone?

Guest Justyna

Neon,

No discrespect, but can you explain in further detail how Mark chapter two has anything to do with coming in Jesus' Name and being for and against Him? I dont think I see the connection. Sorry...