Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

"Sometimes your only transportation is a leap of faith." — Margaret Shepard

What the fuck does this even mean?

It means Margaret Shepard is dumb. 

• Like 4

I posted a status:

“We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are dis-empowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.” ~ Terence McKenna

My ultra fundy glory train riding born again saintly aunt replied:

"He must have been on welfare."

*facepalm*

I don't think she gets it.

"Sometimes your only transportation is a leap of faith." — Margaret Shepard

What the fuck does this even mean?

One needs not build a bridge or even look for one, just take your leap of faith. You'll be fine, oh and its a 50' drop.

That, plus, "Name Your Favorite Logical Fallacy!"

How about the slippery slope argument? "If we let people marry people of the same gender, then they'll want to start marrying their dogs!"

How about this one...

"Ask not what ministry can do for you but what you can do for ministry!"

Oh yes, I know exactly what I can do for ministry! Volunteer ALL my free time and energy, never say "no" to ANY ministry oppurtunity and ALWAYS support every cause or preacher/missionary with my money (of course after tithing)! Oh and I must do all of this with all my heart because I am serving the Lawd!!! That comment really got to me.

Remember the Ministry of Love cares for you.

I see what you did there 3.gif

"Doing a study on Noah's ark during bedtime study, I actually got out my tape measure to see how tall my ceiling was and at 2.7m the thought of 4.5mtrs/15ft between decks blew me away.. Over double my height.. Interesting facts... Length was about 450ft long, Width 75ft, the height was about 45ft from keel to top. Divided into 3 decks, roughly 15ft per deck.. Allows for a 14-15ft person.. Many scholars believe Noah was a giant and in Turkey they say they have his grave and his body was over 14ft tall.. The longest wooden sailing vessel ever built (Wyoming 1909-1924) was about 351 ft bow to stern hull long(not incl jib booms).. 100ft shorter than the ark that carried the future of mankind. It wasnt till the early 20th century that ships longer than the Ark were built and then made of steel...Thats saying something considering Noah and his family built the Ark on some flat ground not a shipyard of hundreds of builders beside a dockyard... the deeper i dig the cooler the findings become..."

Just LOL

How about the slippery slope argument? "If we let people marry people of the same gender, then they'll want to start marrying their dogs!"

Hey! The more I know people, the more I love my dogs.

"Doing a study on Noah's ark during bedtime study, I actually got out my tape measure to see how tall my ceiling was and at 2.7m the thought of 4.5mtrs/15ft between decks blew me away.. Over double my height.. Interesting facts... Length was about 450ft long, Width 75ft, the height was about 45ft from keel to top. Divided into 3 decks, roughly 15ft per deck.. Allows for a 14-15ft person.. Many scholars believe Noah was a giant and in Turkey they say they have his grave and his body was over 14ft tall.. The longest wooden sailing vessel ever built (Wyoming 1909-1924) was about 351 ft bow to stern hull long(not incl jib booms).. 100ft shorter than the ark that carried the future of mankind. It wasnt till the early 20th century that ships longer than the Ark were built and then made of steel...Thats saying something considering Noah and his family built the Ark on some flat ground not a shipyard of hundreds of builders beside a dockyard... the deeper i dig the cooler the findings become..."

Just LOL

Seriously?? LMAO!!!!

68502_10151930580298782_202996652_n.jpg

This was actually posted by a Christian who was pointing out how awful it was. And thankfully, I haven't seen it from anyone else on my page... yet. But the fact that somebody made this makes me want to pull out my hair. 

This was actually posted by a Christian who was pointing out how awful it was. And thankfully, I haven't seen it from anyone else on my page... yet. But the fact that somebody made this makes me want to pull out my hair. 

The poor oppressed Xians who have a church on every street corner.

Is Tebow bashed for being an Xian or a lousy ball player? :-)

• Like 1

Is Tebow bashed for being an Xian or a lousy ball player? :-)

I think both, but only one of the two feeds the persecution complex of those poor devils.

• Like 1

You know what makes me want to pull out my hair? Not the fact that some some fundy on the internet made this meme, but the fact that someone employed by the Chicago Tribune made an editorial cartoon that expressed the same idea. Their situations are so incredibly divergent, I don't see how anyone with common sense can't see the differences.

Hey! The more I know people, the more I love my dogs.

Don't get mad at me. I didn't say that; the fundies did. :)

You know what makes me want to pull out my hair? Not the fact that some some fundy on the internet made this meme, but the fact that someone employed by the Chicago Tribune made an editorial cartoon that expressed the same idea. Their situations are so incredibly divergent, I don't see how anyone with common sense can't see the differences.

Amen to that.

Anyway, some fundie on my page shared the Tebow pic this morning. I sent a scalding reply that included a reference to Matthew 6:5. 

• Like 1

320780_523962400994364_2130924922_n.jpg

Wendybanghead.gif

I'm not gay, and I only know a few people that are (no one I am all that close to), but for some reason I take this personally. Maybe because I'm hetero and married and I don't think this way. IDK. I am about this close to unfriending the majority of my extended family. I'm tired of hearing about this and Obama taking their guns away.

Yes, by all means, be proud of being in the privileged majority who hasn't had their civil rights infringed upon. Also, the only people since 1995 who have used the phrase "politically correct" in earnest are the ones bitching that they don't see why they have to be "so politically correct" because they want to be ignorant assholes like this. Wendyloser.gif

• Like 2

Along those lines...

270924_10200760560470115_406671327_n.jpg

NfDdO0h.jpg

Seriously? I just...I don't even...how...what? What translation of Leviticus is he reading?

In 20:9, how is the death penalty being mandated for cursing one’s parents God pleading “love me”? Or in 20:10 when the death penalty is mandated for adultery? How about 20:13 when it’s mandated for male homosexuality? What about 20:18 where excommunication/exile is mandated for having sex with a menstruating woman (both participants)? What about in 20:27 where God says to gather ‘round and throw rocks at someone “who has in them a spirit of the dead or a familiar spirit” (or, you know, is mentally ill) until they suffer so much blunt force trauma and/or blood loss that they die. How is God pleading “love me” in that statute? How about when he says in 21:9 that if a priest’s daughter engages in prostitution, she is to be burned to death? How about stoning for saying “Yahweh” in an inappropriate way in 24:10-16? What about in 25:44-46 where he tells the Israelites they are to buy slaves from the nations which surround them or from foreigners who reside among them and that these slaves are to be perpetual and could be bequeathed to one’s children like other property? How is he pleading “love me” there?

Oh wait, I found it. It’s right here in chapter 26 where God is pleading “love me”:

29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.

Yep. That’s it. He’s definitely saying, “love me…or else.”

Wendybanghead.gif

• Like 3

Ideal Response: "Well taaarnation! Looks like the apocalypse will surely come here first with all our evil-doin' whippersnappin' gay-people lovin'. Better get out now before the fire and brimstone starts a'comin! Go on, pack a bag today, and you can be gone by tomorrow. Safe travels! Cheers! Write and tell us what it's like to live amongst the gooood sorts o' people!" 

One of my cousins just posted some "Get rid of Obama now and put GOD back in our country!" crap. I'm really trying hard not to vtffani.gif in reply. 

I think it may be time to block another person's updates. 

This comes from a Facebook friend who posts multiple times a day usually about how great Jeebus is or how the government can try to take his guns away at its own risk.  It's like RAMBO JEEBUS!!!

This comes from a Facebook friend who posts multiple times a day usually about how great Jeebus is or how the government can try to take his guns away at its own risk.  It's like RAMBO JEEBUS!!

379205_498170090220386_309844243_n.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that's reel 'teligent. I like Luke 11:22

But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder.

So, you are safe, unless someone is stronger. Looks like we all need to get bigger guns!

Wow, that's reel 'teligent. I like Luke 11:22

But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder.

So, you are safe, unless someone is stronger. Looks like we all need to get bigger guns!

Yep. The first thing I did after I saw this and recovered from laughing was to find the next few verses to see if there was anything else there.  When I found verse 22 I laughed even harder.  As long as your guns are bigger Jeebus will protect you I guess.