Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

This just into my email:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/h60r2HPsiuM

Attention mathematicians (sp). This person just doesn't get that I'm not interested in religious shit.

love of good only give them 101%?

corruption can give 149%
3+15+18+18+21+16+20+9+15+14

no wonder my country is the champion in corruption 

I just saw a link in my fb about tip for jesus in sf

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-would-jesus-tip-3000-gratuity-left-for-san-francisco-waitress/

While I'm happy for the waiter

I see this as a publicity stunt (especially the written words "tips for jesus") since it is all over the internet

1000 dollar is much more cheaper than hiring a marketing team eh?

what happened with matthew 6:3 - "But when you do merciful deeds, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand does"?

One of the Christians on my page likes to post their 'random acts of kindness' and keeps us apprised of how many 'random' acts they have done vs their yearly goal. :-) Seems like they should be renamed to 'somewhat predictable and and publicly announced goal oriented acts of kindness' to me. God always finds his way into the message, of course.

Maybe I should post something nice I've done. Then announce I have no religious affiliation.

no need to do that

you are much much better person than them when you are doing kindness and nobody's else need to know

don't fall into the same behaviour 

I have a Christian friend that has an alcoholic son. I asked her what she is doing to help him, and she said she is praying for him every day.Wendyshrug.gif

I have a lack of tact and probably would have replied "So nothing then?"

Thanks a lot, CB ... I just spit coffee on my laptop laughing at this.  yelrotflmao.gif

Welcome AuntB! I grew up in NW Ohio too (now in North Carolina). Let me guess... were you Lutheran?

(I have 19 aunts up there, yes 19, but none of them start with "B", so I assume you're not one of them. That would have been an odd coincidence!)

1175321_10151860167784205_2071510336_n.j

Or you could use an umbrella or just go inside...

• Like 2

1175321_10151860167784205_2071510336_n.j

Or you could use an umbrella or just go inside...

Yeah, but if you do that, then Gawd's going to send a tornado straight for your house and he's going to flood your basement or cellar. He needs bad shit to happen to you in order to do good.

1526845_802051373154214_1032966978_n.jpg

My reply:

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

download.gif

• Like 3

As always, Gawd's plan is much more important than your tiny, insignificant feelings. Way to make hurting people feel better.

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1619547_725014200863361_37085049_n.jpg?dl=1

1526845_802051373154214_1032966978_n.jpg

My reply:

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

download.gif

so basically a church cannot pray for stop the snow?

are they lazy?

are they forgot to pray?

or their pray is defeated by a 5 years old wanted to make snowman?

• Like 1

As always, Gawd's plan is much more important than your tiny, insignificant feelings. Way to make hurting people feel better.

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1619547_725014200863361_37085049_n.jpg?dl=1

FUCK YOU!” —God

P.S. God loves you!

What's bad about this? If it's true it is evidence that the Bible story isn't true and was based on much older folklore stolen from another culture.

I thought we already knew the story came from Mesopotamia? This just pushes it back before the earliest rendition we have of the Epic of Gilgamesh. Cool.

On today's feed, from my FIL:

A pastor was traveling last week, he saw an old man, and gave him a lift. While they were going, the old man said; my son, do you know what happened in Heaven last night?

The pastor was so terrified and hurriedly parked and asked; Sir, are you sleeping? How did you get the information about Heaven?
The Old man said; last night in Heaven God became very angry with man and asked the Angels to blow the trumpet. The angels picked up the trumpets and as they were about to blow it WHEN, Jesus fell down and began to plead in tears. The blood that came out of His hands and body were very fresh. He told God that His death shouldn't be in vain.

God couldn't stand the pains of the saint and the wickedness of the evil ones. So He said; "I AM GIVING THEM THEIR LAST CHANCE."

Jesus then turned to the angels and told them to move down in their numerous numbers to tell the world that: 
"THE END IS NEAR, JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON".

The pastor (sweating and crying) asked; sir, how did you know this? The OLD MAN replied; I am one of the Angels sent
to the World. Please use every medium of communication to send this message. No time to waste, Please! And the old man disappeared.

Brethren, this story is real, Christ is coming Soon.

PLEASE SAVE A SOUL TODAY.

I Have done my part, it's now your turn to spread the Gospel.
No wealth can be compared to life everlasting in Heaven.
If you are Ready to share this Message, LIKE and write: "AMEN"
May God bless you all. 
AND DO NOT FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST

HELP ME SAVE THE WORLD Call 1-800-NEED-HIM 1-800-633-3446

Accompanied by a painting of people falling off a cliff into a fiery abyss. 

So of course I immediately repented of my sins.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif 

how to troll islamophobic christians

wear this shirt

QHsenR9.jpg

if any christians shows their islamophobia, tell them nicely that it is "our father" prayer in arabic rDSO2Be.jpg

• Like 3

On today's feed, from my FIL:

A pastor was traveling last week, he saw an old man, and gave him a lift. While they were going, the old man said; my son, do you know what happened in Heaven last night?

The pastor was so terrified and hurriedly parked and asked; Sir, are you sleeping? How did you get the information about Heaven?

The Old man said; last night in Heaven God became very angry with man and asked the Angels to blow the trumpet. The angels picked up the trumpets and as they were about to blow it WHEN, Jesus fell down and began to plead in tears. The blood that came out of His hands and body were very fresh. He told God that His death shouldn't be in vain.

God couldn't stand the pains of the saint and the wickedness of the evil ones. So He said; "I AM GIVING THEM THEIR LAST CHANCE."

Jesus then turned to the angels and told them to move down in their numerous numbers to tell the world that: 

"THE END IS NEAR, JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON".

The pastor (sweating and crying) asked; sir, how did you know this? The OLD MAN replied; I am one of the Angels sent

to the World. Please use every medium of communication to send this message. No time to waste, Please! And the old man disappeared.

Brethren, this story is real, Christ is coming Soon.

PLEASE SAVE A SOUL TODAY.

I Have done my part, it's now your turn to spread the Gospel.

No wealth can be compared to life everlasting in Heaven.

If you are Ready to share this Message, LIKE and write: "AMEN"

May God bless you all. 

AND DO NOT FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST

HELP ME SAVE THE WORLD Call 1-800-NEED-HIM 1-800-633-3446

Accompanied by a painting of people falling off a cliff into a fiery abyss. 

So of course I immediately repented of my sins.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Oh, man. I get forwards like this in my email so much.... I just delete them. 

But it reminds me of the one about the guy who has a dream where he goes to heaven and God shows him how he spent his life... it's all in a big filing cabinet... how many hours he listened to music or watched TV and worked and slept... and he's embarrassed that so little of it is the time he spent in prayer, reading the Bible, or witnessing, etc. 

So he wakes up / gets to go back to earth and determines he'll spend more time doing God's work, praying, reading scripture, witnessing, etc. 

And I was like.... what is this, some sort of weird guilt trip for having a life???

AAARRRRGGGHH!

I So hate that stuff. I used to respond to every stupid forward with, "Are you kidding me? Here's what's wrong with that...." but then I just asked people who were sending that to stop it because I was "too busy" to read them, and most of it has stopped. Also, I refuse to log onto Facebook. I've been off it for about 10 months now and it's much easier. (And probably better for my blood pressure.)

But ugh. Sorry about you reading that story. If you didn't tell the person who posted it that they were a contender for the dumbest person on the planet, I salute you for your restraint. 

Oh, man. I get forwards like this in my email so much.... I just delete them. 

[...]

I So hate that stuff. I used to respond to every stupid forward with, "Are you kidding me? Here's what's wrong with that...." but then I just asked people who were sending that to stop it because I was "too busy" to read them, and most of it has stopped. Also, I refuse to log onto Facebook. I've been off it for about 10 months now and it's much easier. (And probably better for my blood pressure.)

I used to get reams of religious emails from one of my sisters. I felt guilty deleting emails from family, so I set up a filter to automatically shunt all her stuff into a special folder created for that purpose. This was years before I deconverted, but there’s only so much a non-Evangelical can take. Eventually she figured out I was ignoring them—I got a tag email from her naming me as the person least likely to respond to it! (And she was right.) She doesn’t send me religious shit stuff any more, but her old shit stuff is still archived on my backup disk.

Facebook is not a problem for me. DBIL posts scriptures and JW commentary in response to current events, but how can I complain about a person who “liked” a photo of me with David Silverman? Heck, I “liked” his pre-Super Bowl XLVII declaration that God doesn’t take sides in sports. (Right after he posted you could almost stick a fork in those [New England] Patriots. :P ) From others, there is the usual thanking God for the rich blessings He gave them but couldn’t spare for the starving children of Somalia, and one who posts New Age woo, but nothing really face palm worthy.

Most of the insane stuff I see on Facebook comes from responses to American Atheists postings.

Former Lesbian... let me stop you right there. Really? Former lesbian? Really? I can't get myself to actually read the article, I already have a hard time sleeping when I'm not fuming about something so ridiculous. I feel sorry for the people that feel that they have to be something they are not because god hates them the way they are.

• Like 1

Former Lesbian... let me stop you right there. Really? Former lesbian? Really? I can't get myself to actually read the article, I already have a hard time sleeping when I'm not fuming about something so ridiculous. I feel sorry for the people that feel that they have to be something they are not because god hates them the way they are.

They don't understand the concept of choice does not apply to sexuality. It's a genetic thing more than anything else. Being Christian, not so much, but fundies see it as the same type of choice for some stupid reason.

I suppose it's something of a generalizing from self fallacy.

Their logic circuits are not functioning properly and they think that because their belief is a choice that other things like sexuality are as well. The idea that all behaviors are not voluntary does not compute with them because of how they view choice in relation to their faith.

I wouldn't call belief a choice either. At least it wasn't for me. I believed in Christianity for decades, but I was conditioned to believe by my upbringing. When I ceased believing it was because the evidence mounting against Christianity was overwhelming. In neither instance did I simply choose my beliefs.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call belief a choice either. At least it wasn't for me. I believed in Christianity for decades, but I was conditioned to believe by my upbringing. When I ceased believing it was because the evidence mounting against Christianity was overwhelming. In neither instance did I simply choose my beliefs.

I agree that belief isn't something all of us chose, but it is not the same as sexuality. Sexuality has the genetic components beliefs do not. You aren't born believing in god, Jesus, or whatever, they are learned. The "choice" of not being homosexual I think is akin to choosing to be celibate.

I think the failure is that they cannot understand how people are different from what's "normal" without choosing to be. It's a lack of imagination. I don't know what it is like to be attracted to other men, but I would imagine it is similar to my attraction to women. (Maybe saying they cannot isn't the right wording. Perhaps it is more accurate to say they are unwilling because it is icky for them.)

Agreed. I wasn't challenging that; I was simply making the point about belief not really being a choice.

Hang on.  Aren't you being just as intolerant as the Christian Right if you declare that sexuality is immutable?

I know you probably approach this with the best intent, but I would say it's pretty narrow minded.

If I tomorrow discover I am gay, are you going to to criticise me for being something that I am not - just because I was straight until now?

Be careful.

• Like 1

Hang on.  Aren't you being just as intolerant as the Christian Right if you declare that sexuality is immutable?

I know you probably approach this with the best intent, but I would say it's pretty narrow minded.

If I tomorrow discover I am gay, are you going to to criticise me for being something that I am not - just because I was straight until now?

Be careful.

I have a friend who identifies as a hasbian. She and her girlfriend were together for years, but now the girlfriend lives in a house next door while my friend enjoys life with an actual male husband. This wasn't the result of any christian programming, obviously. In fact, my friend is a Jewish atheist. And attempts at shaming or bullying people out of their sexuality are obnoxious. But for some, sexuality is mutable and may evolve. Hasbianism, at least, is well-known enough to have a name.

• Like 2

Be careful.

I have a friend who identifies as a hasbian. She and her girlfriend were together for years, but now the girlfriend lives in a house next door while my friend enjoys life with an actual male husband. This wasn't the result of any christian programming, obviously. In fact, my friend is a Jewish atheist. And attempts at shaming or bullying people out of their sexuality are obnoxious. But for some, sexuality is mutable and may evolve. Hasbianism, at least, is well-known enough to have a name.

I'd just say it's being bi-sexual. The fact that someone is Bi does not mean that they are necessarily promiscuous and cannot have a monogamous relationship. Bi-sexuality is probably the most common form of Homosexuality. It's not normally a black/white issue and there is a lot of gray area. Though, there are extremes to both sides. I'm extremely heterosexual. I've never felt any interest towards a same sex relationship. I don't think of that as a point of particular pride, but it's true anyway. Males are not attractive to me, not even very effeminate looking males. I see no reason to believe that will ever change. It's just not in me. I would not complain or reject it if I discovered I was mistaken about this, but I find that eventuality very unlikely.

I don't think calling it malleable is accurate. It is immutable in people because it's mostly genetic, with maybe slight and subtle variation depending on hormone levels, but I don't think that would be enough to sway preference very much if at all.

It doesn't even mean that someone is particularly prone one way or another. Some people may be perfectly comfortable towards one sex, but still prefer the other in most situations. That doesn't mean they'll end up with their favorite preference either. Emotional attachment and other factors are involved I'm sure.

I doubt it's a 'change' really. Being Bi-sexual does not mean that someone has to have multiple partners, but simply that they are compatible with either on some level. I doubt your friend would be against having another lesbian relationship if the relationship with their current partner dissolved for whatever reason if they 'met the right woman'. Of course, that doesn't mean they might not end up with another man either. I really don't buy the sudden change in preference that some 'former' homosexual or heterosexual people claim.

I do not believe that someone that isn't already attracted to men will become attracted to men at a later stage in life or vice versa.

I think that there are a wide range of sexual preference levels, but also see no reason to think that someones preference isn't pretty much static. It's just not a clear cut case of Gay/Bi/Straight either.

By way of a visual aid to explain what I mean...

spectrum3-300x206.jpg

Red area: Only attracted to women.

Orange area: Mostly attracted to women but finds certain men slightly interesting.

Yellow area: Attracted to men or women, slight preference for women.

Green area: Bi-sexual, no particular preference, fine either way.

Blue area: attracted to women or men, slight preference for men.

Indigo area: Mostly attracted to men but finds women slightly interesting.

Violet area: Only attracted to men.

Of course there are more intricate subtleties between each of these stages as well as they blend together and anyone could fall in any particular segment, but an individual most likely remains in the same general area throughout life.

It'd be interesting to see an actual study on this specific topic, but I really can't buy the whole "I used to be gay and now I'm straight" or any variation of that line. It just doesn't mesh well with what evidence I have seen on the subject.

Facebook post last night;  "Hang on,,,I'm coming---GOD"  I came so close to commenting "prove i!" I just don't know what I'm dreading so much from these idiot fuckers [some really are friends] when I actualy come out. It's getting harder and harder to not call-em on the bullshit. Who knows, excommunication could be bliss.

Facebook post last night;  "Hang on,,,I'm coming---GOD"  I came so close to commenting "prove i!" I just don't know what I'm dreading so much from these idiot fuckers [some really are friends] when I actualy come out. It's getting harder and harder to not call-em on the bullshit. Who knows, excommunication could be bliss.

This is my favorite response to that, be forewarned NSFW...

\jesus-is-coming-somebody-grab-a-towel.jp

The rage the image produces is so delicious, omnomnomnom...

• Like 3