Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Don't forget RUSH! and.. let's see, off the top of my head:

John Candy, Dan Akroyd, Bill Shatner, Leonard Cohen, Howie Mandel, Michael J. Fox, Seth Rogan, Eugene Levy, Catharine O'Hara, Donald Sutherland, Shannon Tweed, Neil Young, Chris Hadfield, John Molson (beer!), Terry Foxm, Rick Hansen, Alexander Graham Bell, James Naismith(Basketball inventor), James Cameron, Sebastian Bach, James Randi, Marshall McLuhan, David Suzuki, Margaret Atwood, Mordecai Richler, Paul Anka, Raymond Burr, Jackie Burroughs, Jim Carrey, Kim Cattrell, Tommy Chong, Dave Foley, The Kids in the Hall and SCTV!, Ryan Gosling, Dallas Green(yay!), Tom Green (sorry), Graham Greene, Monty Hall, Phil Hartman, Michael Ironside (!), Amanda Tapping, Martin Short, Keifer Sutherland, Keanu Reeves, Saul Rubinek, Russell Peters, Christopher Plummer(!), Amanda Plummer, Liona Boyd, Sandra Oh, Margot Kidder(sorry), Andrea Martin, Carrie-Anne Moss, Natalie Portman, Alanis Morissette, Bruce Cockburn, Linda Evangelista, Leslie Neilsen, Mary Pickford, Bryan Adams, The Band, Sass Jordan, Kim Mitchell, Matthew Good Band, 54-40, Bush, Deadmau5, Sloan, Sarah McLaughlin, Payolas, The Trews, Max Webster, Grapes of Wrath, Sum 41, Helix, Finger Eleven, Triumph, Jeff Healey Band, Spoons, k.d. Lang, Lighthouse (Sunny Days is the best summertime drinking song), Bif Naked, Three Days Grace, Down With Webster, Robbie Robertson, The Guess Who, BTO, Billy Talent, Trooper, Sweeney Todd, The Tragically Hip, Steppenwolf, Platinum Blonde (sorry), Simple Plan, Headpins, Red Rider, Cowboy Junkies, I Mother Earth, Barenaked Ladies, The Kings, Marianas Trench, Alexisonfire, Our Lady Peace, Skinny Puppy, Blue Rodeo, Arcade Fire, April Wine, and Metric...

Does that make up for Bieber? We also apologize for Michael Bublé, Drake and Nickelback… and Celine Dion. She can sing but she's really fucking annoying otherwise. (Quebec, what can I say) But!!! Gordon Lightfoot!

What's wrong with Michael Buble?

What's wrong with Nickelback and Gordon Lightfoot?

Here, allow me to use imagery to explain it for you:

corrupt-o-graph.jpg

funny-Nickelback-song-backwards.gif

Nickelback_7a7889_904266.jpg

willy-wonka-meme-oh-you-listen-to-nickel

6a00d83451c45669e2017c35810578970b-550wi

...and in conclusion, because they suck.

• Like 1

When we have Rush, April Wine, Leonard Cohen and Billy Talent… I have to say no to Nickelback

Michael Buble? idk.. he annoys me, no one that young should be like that. (except maybe Harry Connick Jr. - but he can carry it 'cause he's also funny, and can act). 

I like Gordon Lightfoot - but he's ALL Canadian, there's no crossover appeal - Like Stompin' Tom Connors  :D

When we have Rush, April Wine, Leonard Cohen and Billy Talent… I have to say no to Nickelback

Michael Buble? idk.. he annoys me, no one that young should be like that. (except maybe Harry Connick Jr. - but he can carry it 'cause he's also funny, and can act). 

I like Gordon Lightfoot - but he's ALL Canadian, there's no crossover appeal - Like Stompin' Tom Connors  biggrin.png

I agree, Lightfoot makes good music,,,awesome lyrics

Everyone has their own taste in music, and Nickelback clearly have appeal to large audiences. Sure, I'd take Rush over Nickelback too, but they both have their place. Trashing a band just because they don't fit your particular musical taste and mocking anyone who likes them is a bit childish.

1920198_10202522948268528_641512476_n.jp

Everyone has their own taste in music, and Nickelback clearly have appeal to large audiences. Sure, I'd take Rush over Nickelback too, but they both have their place. Trashing a band just because they don't fit your particular musical taste and mocking anyone who likes them is a bit childish.

So?

HAha this was funny:

So we are in church this morning and my 5 year old turned to me and said ' Mummy did Jesus go to school@ whilst colouring a multicoloured Jesus.

Sounds like an Ex-C in the making ;)

For those who haven't seen this response from Nickelback to their haters: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5166240802/nickelback-responds-to-NFL-petition

1920198_10202522948268528_641512476_n.jp

Yup. That's Ironsides. A man who thought himself cleverer than the "unbeliever" in much the same way a colonial white man thought himself smarter than the "savages" who's land he helped himself too. He was quite fond of telling moral oral type stories that involved an idiot strawman who was an Atheist that could never contradict his "flawless logic". His writings are never any deeper than self righteous spiritual masturbation. I've read a bit of his work, but never found him particularly pleasant or witty. Christians seem to think he was one of the cleverest people ever for some strange reason. Mostly because he strokes their beliefs and has an imaginary idiot represent those who don't share those beliefs.

I didn't read anything he wrote until after I stopped believing, but I do know that his stories wouldn't have impressed me even when I did believe. He was too simplistic and his Atheist character was always too much of a cartoon to be real. It was amusing for me, but not for any reason he would have liked. I'd have torn him to shreds in any sort of debate, though I doubt he'd have realized it if I had.

11.jpg

Mmmmm. Meatloaf.

2rhsgw7.jpg

Oh em gee can u guise not speak out against my beliefs please??? it deeply makes me feel slightly offended.

• Like 2

Thought I would join in...

My Facebook is stunning (I'm a missionary, sort of...):

"Alcohol is not in my vodkabulary. However, I looked it up on Whiskypedia and learned that if you drink it it is likely tequilya. God calls the Christian to live dry. If you are a Christian who drinks then set an example and stop for the sake of our world of alcoholics."

This was a post two weeks ago:

"The Weight of Glory essay... Laptop, coffee, candles, big speakers, good music... Let's do this..."

The next day:

"Hi guys. Please pray - we baptized my laptop two days ago with a large jug of coffee, and rather than being sanctified or anything else, it seemed to go on strike (who knew?). It's still rather wet, and we are unsure as to how open to salvation it currently is. Please pray that it's heart be cleansed of all tea[coffee?], and that it enters beautiful service for the kingdom once more. Thanks a lot. It means a lot to me..."

The saga concluded last night:

"My laptop's working! It decided to repent and open it's heart, and now it is back in full service in the kingdom! Praise God! Thank you all for your prayer and support! God bless you...to all my non-Christian friends: open up your hearts and YOU WILL BE HEALED!!!"

You should tell them that they should get their laptop circumcised.

• Like 1

My sister said she wants to get "Closer to God in 2014".

To my knowledge, there's only one way to get closer to god and personally I don't want that to happen to me for another 30-40 years. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 2

Anymore its people posting Christian phrases who have lost their jobs or have gone through some personal crisis and for whatever reason, half the people have to post something by Joel Osteen. UGH!  Someone posted a pic of Osteen's palatial estate and and I shared it: no responses from the people who think he is great.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP.

This today from an old school friend. I'm tempted to tear him a new one, but he's one of the few Christian people I know who I actually like. Not sure what to do about it, cos this really pissed me off to be honest.

face_zpsa2d238ea.jpg

BUMP.

This today from an old school friend. I'm tempted to tear him a new one, but he's one of the few Christian people I know who I actually like. Not sure what to do about it, cos this really pissed me off to be honest.

face_zpsa2d238ea.jpg

It would be fine if nobody had heard of this Jesus fellow. But when my friends post Jesus stuff over and over and over....it's more than 'sharing' . It has now become a case of an OCD nut foisting his/her beliefs upon me.

• Like 1

"I am so excited, I was invited to go with a family to either Cleveland or Pittsburgh in April to see a baseball game.. whohooo Hubby said yes I can go & he'll pay for my ticket :) Yes God is good."

1) This hardly needs repeating, as other people here and elsewhere have said it so many times, but is a baseball game so important that a god would be concerned with it? This lady's catchphrase is "God is good." I didn't think she considered Gawd's blessings to be that cheap.

2) She actually needs her husband's permission to go to a sports event. That's pathetic.

In my smallish FB community I am terribly out-numbered by the hardcore anti Obama fundies. I swear it seems some spend their entire day posting stupid shit from the "super hard right, everything jesus". Why must they fabricate all the pursecution? Those poor. pitiful victims. Can't we just let them worship peacefully? We're fucking monsters, I nearly hate us!

BUMP.

face_zpsa2d238ea.jpg

Reply with a similar anti-christian post. Hihi! Tell them you're concerned about his sanity. Kidding, please don't. 

BUMP.

face_zpsa2d238ea.jpg

Reply with a similar anti-christian post. Hihi! Tell them you're concerned about his sanity. Kidding, please don't. 

What frustrates me about people posting about God on Facebook is the impersonal nature of it.  If someone really cares about me and my soul, then I expect them to write to me personally, and engage with me directly.  Otherwise, their Facebook posts come across not as concern for the souls of non-Christians, but just another way of getting a 'hit', a spiritual high, shooting up on the good God vibes, to make themselves feel better - but not me.

I have Christian friends who post stuff on facebook who haven't got the time of day for me now that I've told them I'm an atheist.  In the words of Jerry DeWitt:

"I’m not surprised that virtually everyone that I know and love, and have helped - spent my life helping – now believes I’m going to Hell.  I’m not surprised by that.  I expected that, I really did.  What is hurting me is that they’re all taking it so well.  I’m telling you, I literally sat around at night and cry about it like, why aren’t these people banging my door down?"

• Like 1

Ugh.. its disgusting. I know I couldn't look at stuff like that on any regular basis so I would have to block this kind of thing. Its so smug, self-righteous and stupid.  They aren't doing it because they really care, either, its their "responsibility."

And you are right, its also incredibly easy to post.  You could delete and ignore it, or you could say something like "Now I know all about it, so you need not post religion to me again." I doubt that would help, though.

The best part: "Your Christian Friend" even signed with their very own fake handwriting font. That's what shows how tremendously "sincere" they are. *headdesk*

Along with all of that, it's based in a kind of magical thinking, that all you need is to be "exposed" to the Christianity virus and you will catch it (or re-catch it, in our case). So FB posts become another easy way to fulfill their obligation to "witness" without the commitment of forming a relationship and finding a rhetorically effective way to talk to someone. 

Another similar option, as someone recently pointed out, is coming to ex-c and going into the Lion's Den and not-really-arguing with us.

I would amend that Christian friend memo to read:

"It's now my responsibility to do the same to you".

They love you the same way a telemarketer does when they cold call you at dinner time.

Then when you tell Christians you're not interested, they'll play the persecution card.

On top of that they'll use the Nuremberg defense and claim they're just following orders.