Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

well, that's not my fault

the fact is american has turned godzilla into a mere big animal rather than an immortal beast

Toho, the name trademark owner, officially name it zilla because tristar remake had taken the "God" out of "Godzilla" 

just like fundie christian has taken christ out of christian 

The US movie is dead to me. I refuse to relate it the the franchise.

Also, your post makes no sense.

Godzilla has always been a big animal and not an immortal beast. Especially in Japan.

His name is actually Gojira, and it is a mixture of the Japanese words Gorilla and Whale [Gorira and Kujira]. There is no reference to God and was never intended to be. That's an entirely American invention. Even then he's more like a disaster than a God being. He's an allegory for the Atomic destruction the country saw. Something still fresh to Japanese culture in 1954 when the film was made.

As Japanese culture accepted new technology and got on better terms with the Americans, he became friendlier in films. Almost a Sentai Kaiju [superhero giant monster] being rather than the horrible disaster he was originally. Still not godlike and he didn't always win.

Don't insert your God into my Gorilla Whale. It doesn't belong there. happy.png

well, that's not my fault

the fact is american has turned godzilla into a mere big animal rather than an immortal beast

Toho, the name trademark owner, officially name it zilla because tristar remake had taken the "God" out of "Godzilla" 

just like fundie christian has taken christ out of christian 

The US movie is dead to me. I refuse to relate it the the franchise.

Also, your post makes no sense.

Godzilla has always been a big animal and not an immortal beast. Especially in Japan.

His name is actually Gojira, and it is a mixture of the Japanese words Gorilla and Whale [Gorira and Kujira]. There is no reference to God and was never intended to be. That's an entirely American invention. Even then he's more like a disaster than a God being. He's an allegory for the Atomic destruction the country saw. Something still fresh to Japanese culture in 1954 when the film was made.

As Japanese culture accepted new technology and got on better terms with the Americans, he became friendlier in films. Almost a Sentai Kaiju [superhero giant monster] being rather than the horrible disaster he was originally. Still not godlike and he didn't always win.

Don't insert your God into my Gorilla Whale. It doesn't belong there. happy.png

well, godzilla was toho transliteration of gojira using 1950s method, not american distributor idea tho

immortal maybe not the right word (because godzilla died twice in 1954 and 1995)

but by comparing godzilla and zilla, I  understand why toho considered zilla as a monster who took "god" out of "godzilla"

godzilla have G cell who can regenerate and heal him in a very fast rate makes him immune to any military arsenal: missiles, cannon, maser, and even kiryu's zero

the best thing military could do is to knock him unconscious by cadmium missile or attacking from the inside but the rest, they are just toy for godzilla

and don't forget atomic breath 

zilla: mehhh, a coward who run away from military attack and only need a dozen of missiles to kill him

in godzilla last movie he knocked most of the monsters easily, including zilla who was defeated in less than a minute, the shortest battle in the movie franchise history lol

These all prety much showing that godzilla is a god compared with zilla

please don't consider him as only gorilla whale

while he do have the strength like gorilla and able to swim in the deep sea like whale he is much much more than that

anyway since you know that godzilla is the allegory of nuclear bomb then you must be watching the original gojira and not the king of monster crap US version 

good for you mate, :cheers

Hi all,

I am in the process of de-conversion.. I came across this thread today and i have been laughing my head off at these comments. It's funny to me how at one point i thought these "sayings" were so great and now Christians are just coming across as extreme mental cases to me. I've seen MANY crazy things from the fundies on my facebook page, but the one that cracked me up the most was "I never understand why people just sit there and deal with sickness when all you gotta do is open your mouth call up on the Lord and say IT IS BY YOUR STRIPES THAT I AM HEALED!!"  Apparently that's all it takes! Just say a few words to him and you're healed. LOL

Oh yes, and I can't forget about this comment as well:

"Sorry. but as a Christian I feel that the so-called "female orgasm" should be avoided at all costs. The fact the good women don't experience orgasms is proof of God's love. Only vile whores seized by demons can possibly welcome such unbridled madness. REMEMBER- sex has but one purpose-procreation within marriage. A woman's job is to quietly receive her husbands seed & provide nurture for his offspring. Stimulation & enjoyment is NOT a part of God's plan!  

SMH.

• Like 2

"Sorry. but as a Christian I feel that the so-called "female orgasm" should be avoided at all costs. The fact the good women don't experience orgasms is proof of God's love. Only vile whores seized by demons can possibly welcome such unbridled madness. REMEMBER- sex has but one purpose-procreation within marriage. A woman's job is to quietly receive her husbands seed & provide nurture for his offspring. Stimulation & enjoyment is NOT a part of God's plan!  

SMH.

This is exactly why even if there is such a thing as Bible God I would still rather go to Hell.

• Like 1

Does the IQ test go low enough for some of these people? Maybe they have  minus IQ. It is scary if you really think about it.  bill

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

SMH.

Sounds like somebody isn't getting any.

• Like 3

"This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it"

"Every day is a gift"

This was particularly jarring to read since I had just been studying some graphic images of birth defects, but hell, let's forget all of that and just rejoice in the Lord- for he is so good when he's not torturing people (but wait...when is he not torturing people?)

It is very rare indeed for a minister to focus his or her sermon on the millions and millions of people suffering from injuries, diseases, poverty, disability, mental illness, etc., not to mention ordinary folks suffering from the tragedies of daily living. There has been a huge shift in emphasis by Xtian churches in the last 100 years, more or less, from hell and damnation, and the purported punishment by god of people on earth for their sinfulness, to an optimistic view of life of those who believe in and follow god, in which case the supposed wonders of god never cease. Obviously, pessimism doesn't sell as well as it used to .  bill

• Like 1

'A 2.5 hour date with Jesus was way overdue. So happy that something so simple as spending time reading and listening can be so transforming for my heart and soul.
"For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness." 1 Thess. 5:5'

sigh, I remember thinking like that. 

• Like 1

'A 2.5 hour date with Jesus was way overdue. So happy that something so simple as spending time reading and listening can be so transforming for my heart and soul.

"For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness." 1 Thess. 5:5'

Reading and listening to silence. Fun date. :-)

• Like 1

I got stood up. How dense was I that it took me 42 years, sitting across the table from an empty seat, to realize he had stood me up?

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

jesus is a really good listener; he never says anything.

• Like 3

hahaha y'alls responses are hilarious!!! :P

I got stood up. How dense was I that it took me 42 years, sitting across the table from an empty seat, to realize he had stood me up?

Maybe Clint Eastwood was talking to Jesus during that GOP get-together.  :-)

• Like 2

question from a christian friend: if jesus is god why he doesn't know everything? example: But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father (Mark 13:32)

fundie answer: If you truly Protestant, then you must believe and have faith that Jesus was God. 

If you want to discuss it, there is still doubt in your faith

Wendytwitch.gif Wendytwitch.gif Wendytwitch.gif Wendytwitch.gif Wendytwitch.gif Wendytwitch.gif

blind faith, blind faith everywhere
  • Like 1

Fundie post #1. Photo of a male hand and a female hand holding each other with wedding bands on the fingers, with the words:

"I am married... to my best friend!  If that applies to you, share."

Guess all those same sex couples who want to marry can't share then.

Fundie post #2.  Random scenery photo with a quote especially for all those in an abusive/violent marriage (been there, got the t-shirt):  "A husband and wife may disagree on many things, but they must absolutely agree on this:  to never, ever, ever give up.   Fierce marriage.com"

Fierce marriage.com?  Seriously??

Fundie post #1. Photo of a male hand and a female hand holding each other with wedding bands on the fingers, with the words:

Fundie post #2.  Random scenery photo with a quote especially for all those in an abusive/violent marriage (been there, got the t-shirt):  "A husband and wife may disagree on many things, but they must absolutely agree on this:  to never, ever, ever give up.   Fierce marriage.com"

Fierce marriage.com?  Seriously??

lol. Keep getting abused by your spouse. Jesus loves that.

SMH.

Oh my god.  What the actual fuck.

I don't think that particularly problematic.  Not everyone can relate to everything.

I wouldn't be offended if my friend said "Share if you are a strong black woman."

I dunno.  Maybe you had further contextual cause to believe this was an attack on gays.

If you truly Protestant, then you must believe and have faith that Jesus was God. 

If you want to discuss it, there is still doubt in your faith"

If you don't want to discuss the basis of your faith in Jesus, there is a lot of doubt in your faith.   bill

• Like 1

SMH.

Then why did God create* women with an organ whose sole purpose is sexual pleasure and orgasm? 

*Don't get excited, I'm using the "God created" as hyperbolic. This isn't some slip-up that "proves" I believe God created anything. 

• Like 1

SMH.

Then why did God create* women with an organ whose sole purpose is sexual pleasure and orgasm? 

*Don't get excited, I'm using the "God created" as hyperbolic. This isn't some slip-up that "proves" I believe God created anything. 

Good point.  Makes me think of Islamic female genital mutiliation, aimed precisely at controlling women and denying their sexuality, making them the passive nonengaged recipients of male sexual desire within a corrupt and fundamentalist religous culture.  Xian fundies may not cut and stitch females but some of them are not that different when you think about it.

• Like 1

SMH.

If Godly women have orgasms they'll begin to neglect reading their bibles. After a few orgasms they'll start watching Cosmos with Neil Degrasse Tyson. :-) It's a quick trip to self destruction... :-)

• Like 4

What a coincidence! Cosmos with Neil Degrasse Tyson already gives me orgasms!

• Like 4