Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

They mock holy images found in food, but cloud angel gets a pass.
381689_549152241774036_263486755_n.jpg

Goodbye Jesus

Oh yes, and I can't forget about this comment as well:

"Sorry. but as a Christian I feel that the so-called "female orgasm" should be avoided at all costs. The fact the good women don't experience orgasms is proof of God's love. Only vile whores seized by demons can possibly welcome such unbridled madness. REMEMBER- sex has but one purpose-procreation within marriage. A woman's job is to quietly receive her husbands seed & provide nurture for his offspring. Stimulation & enjoyment is NOT a part of God's plan!  

SMH.

So the god's loving plan is for me to use my wife as a cum dump? Doesn't sound very fulfilling to this man. But then again, I've never been married, so maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 1

The difference between a child and an adult is that the child knows that the figure in the clouds is imaginary.

• Like 3

Oh-- wait? This angel appeared in Miami on the day the pope was announced--- why Miami?

The difference between a child and an adult is that the child knows that the figure in the clouds is imaginary.

Christianity is just about comforting one's self by pretending that random occurrences are part of a plan by a super-intelligent being.

• Like 1

They mock holy images found in food, but cloud angel gets a pass.

381689_549152241774036_263486755_n.jpg

I doubt it's shooped. I've seen similar cloud formations.

They see an angel, I see a naked gymnast after a dismount.

Today's fundie offering on my news feed from one of my christian friends in response to the first same sex marriages in the UK since gay marriage was made legal.

"It is a pity that same-sex marriage has become the defining issue, as opposed to say the authority of the Bible or the atonement, but in God’s providence the introduction of gay marriage will force a choice between obedience to the Word of... God, which clearly prohibits sexual intimacy between people of the same gender, and accepting how the state defines marriage."

(I post this not to cause anyone offense or to try to push an opinion - the article itself is worth a read whether you agree or not)

http://www.john-stevens.com/2014/03/the-implications-of-gay-marriage.html

Same sex marriage is now legal in NZ too.  It was heartening that so many of our legislators supported the change.

As an ex-c, I am relieved and delighted to now be living a life without "prohibitions" on types of "sexual intimacy" defined in ways other than through state law or "safe, sane and consensual" practices.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm related to white supremacists (at least by marriage). A cousin's wife shared an article from White People World Wide. Aaannndddd unfriend. I can handle religious shit, but not racist shit. For some reason, though, religion and racism seem to go together. I can't imagine why...

Apparently I'm related to white supremacists (at least by marriage). A cousin's wife shared an article from White People World Wide. Aaannndddd unfriend. I can handle religious shit, but not racist shit. For some reason, though, religion and racism seem to go together. I can't imagine why...

Do you mean "White Pride World Wide"?

I had to look that up just to see and it's the closest thing I found.

Seems like a South African based organization.

Surprisingly tame actually if their site is any indication. Stupid, but tame. Seems more interested in protesting interracial relationships than outright white supremacy ala the KKK in the US. If it wasn't for their stance on interracial relationships they would seem like a rather harmless if a bit overzealous civil rights organization overall.

At least, that's the image their website tries to put forward.

Contra- It's a facebook page (here). Not very subtle.

Okay, yeah. That's definitely worse than what I found.

A site so bad that Google didn't want to tell me about it.

That's really saying something considering what I can find with Google.

hidden amonst all the racist trash is a 'heartwarrming story of love' about a mother sacrificing her life for her baby. A white mother, natch. Then it says 'love is our strength'.  WOW.

WOW.

my conservative friend start using other languanges in his facebook promoting christianity

what a reliable evangelist mission using google translate

guys and girls

I need a little suggestion here

my fundie friend post this: I feel like studying Apologetics at the Seminary in order to learn the manner of defense of the absoluteness of the Holy Bible.

Now I'm itchy to reply with "why does god need mortal human to defend him? I'm pretty sure all powerful god is able to take care of himself"

I do not really like confrontation but the idea of apologetics is weird at many levels

including why something that claimed to be absolute need to be defended at the first place?

should I reply or just laugh it off?

guys and girls

my fundie friend post this: I feel like studying Apologetics at the Seminary in order to learn the manner of defense of the absoluteness of the Holy Bible.

Now I'm itchy to reply with "why does god need mortal human to defend him? I'm pretty sure all powerful god is able to take care of himself"

I do not really like confrontation but the idea of apologetics is weird at many levels

including why something that claimed to be absolute need to be defended at the first place?

Don't sweat it. There's a good chance the seminary will kill his faith. (That's the seminaries' dirty little secret.)

• Like 1

Today's fundie offering on my news feed from one of my christian friends in response to the first same sex marriages in the UK since gay marriage was made legal.

"It is a pity that same-sex marriage has become the defining issue, as opposed to say the authority of the Bible or the atonement, but in God’s providence the introduction of gay marriage will force a choice between obedience to the Word of... God, which clearly prohibits sexual intimacy between people of the same gender, and accepting how the state defines marriage."

(I post this not to cause anyone offense or to try to push an opinion - the article itself is worth a read whether you agree or not)

http://www.john-stevens.com/2014/03/the-implications-of-gay-marriage.html

I read that piece; it's not bad, but like most fundagelicals he confuses "rights" with "privileges" even while trying to advise against trying to reclaim Christian privilege. Then he goes on to say that he doesn't like using same-sex marriage as a marker of whether or not a church is a TRUE CHRISTIAN™ church, and then goes on two fucking sentences later to use same-sex marriage as a marker of whether or not a church is a TRUE CHRISTIAN™ church:

It is a pity that same-sex marriage has become the defining issue, as opposed to say the authority of the Bible or the atonement, but in God’s providence the introduction of gay marriage will force a choice between obedience to the Word of God, which clearly prohibits sexual intimacy between people of the same gender, and accepting how the state defines marriage.

In the end there will be an inevitable division between those churches that choose to recognise and celebrate gay partnerships and marriages, and those that take a stand that they are sinful and contrary to scripture.

Cognitive dissonance: it's what's for dinner.

• Like 1

I saw your avatar picture and for some reason the first thing I thought of was this:

deadpool-screencap.jpg

• Like 2

guys and girls

Seeing as how he wants to learn how to defend it, he ought to know 'why' he needs to defend the almighty God that created the heavens and the earth, who is all powerful, all knowing, though always absent and always silent. :-)

guys and girls

Does he want to take a random class at a seminary? If so, you should encourage him. He might be in for a rude awakening.

• Like 2

Oh yes, and I can't forget about this comment as well:

"Sorry. but as a Christian I feel that the so-called "female orgasm" should be avoided at all costs. The fact the good women don't experience orgasms is proof of God's love. Only vile whores seized by demons can possibly welcome such unbridled madness. REMEMBER- sex has but one purpose-procreation within marriage. A woman's job is to quietly receive her husbands seed & provide nurture for his offspring. Stimulation & enjoyment is NOT a part of God's plan!

SMH.

Then I like being a vile demon-possessed whore. ;)

• Like 3

" Do Me Right " 

Have you ever been to the point of no return? 

(it's a play on teen suicide, apparently)

the sexual innuendo is strong with this one...

guys and girls

Don't sweat it. There's a good chance the seminary will kill his faith. (That's the seminaries' dirty little secret.)

guys and girls

Seeing as how he wants to learn how to defend it, he ought to know 'why' he needs to defend the almighty God that created the heavens and the earth, who is all powerful, all knowing, though always absent and always silent. :-)

thanks guys

he is in the theology school already and become more "out of control" compared with the first time I met him

I hope apologist will change his conservative mind