Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

A friend (who might be a closet Fundie) posted this on her wall today.

"I thank God for protecting me from what I thought I wanted and blessing me with what I didnt know I needed."

bleck.

She should just get the word lemming carved in her forhead.

If there is ever a reason the human race my fail it is morons like this that just refuse to think for themselves.

Also if I can let her know that god wanted her to know that she didn't know she was suppose to be sending me money could someone let her know that please...small bills in a yellow envelope please.

"I thank God for protecting me from what I thought I wanted and blessing me with what I didnt know I needed."

bleck.

If there is ever a reason the human race my fail it is morons like this that just refuse to think for themselves.

Also if I can let her know that god wanted her to know that she didn't know she was suppose to be sending me money could someone let her know that please...small bills in a yellow envelope please.

Ha. I send her a PM right now ;)

Another one I found:

This was a reply in a group I'm in to a post made by a woman who was pregnant at the time asking for good vibes to avoid an induction. Several hours later she posts that we are magic and she went into labor and the baby is here. One of the replies was this:

"Praise God! I knew our prayers would be answered. (Some other junk I don't recall then the kicker) OUR GOD IS ALIVE!"

Really? A woman goes into labor spontaneously after putting good vibes out there and getting them back and yet somehow it was God who did it? Hmmm. My next thought was: and what would she have said if this woman hadn't gone into labor and was induced instead? Would God still get the glory?

Of course. Then it would be "God has a plan. Praise Jesus!"

*facepalm*

I really can't believe I used to think this way. Sigh.

bleck.

Ha. I send her a PM right now wink.png

Another one I found:

This was a reply in a group I'm in to a post made by a woman who was pregnant at the time asking for good vibes to avoid an induction. Several hours later she posts that we are magic and she went into labor and the baby is here. One of the replies was this:

"Praise God! I knew our prayers would be answered. (Some other junk I don't recall then the kicker) OUR GOD IS ALIVE!"

Really? A woman goes into labor spontaneously after putting good vibes out there and getting them back and yet somehow it was God who did it? Hmmm. My next thought was: and what would she have said if this woman hadn't gone into labor and was induced instead? Would God still get the glory?

Of course. Then it would be "God has a plan. Praise Jesus!"

*facepalm*

I really can't believe I used to think this way. Sigh.

This is a big factor in why I got out. This sort of thinking always made me uncomfortable and I was never able to do it. I used to hear a lot of it, but it never sat right with me or made any sense. Eventually I just ended up nodding in agreement while secretly thinking that there was something wrong with their reasoning.

I really did believe in God at one point, but I never thought that this sort of thing made sense. I always figured God was sort of a big picture kind of thing, didn't micromanage our lives, and never bothered with the small stuff or gave much of a shit about us as individuals. This sort of thinking just seemed insane to me even when I was very young. The idea that god was my buddy and looked out for me personally while constantly acting as my wingman and keeping an eye over my shoulder was completely alien and awkward. I never bought this sort of thing, but didn't bother to argue against it as it was more trouble than it was worth.

I'm a baseball fan and it still bugs me a little to this day when someone gets a hit and kisses a cross or points at the sky to thank God for it. Even if God was real he wouldn't give a shit who won the World Series, much less whether some batter got a single in the second inning. It's stupid even within the context of fundie religion stupidity.

10290616_10152399126749104_5214194421320

Herp Derp, I see this moronic crap all the time, but this one really annoyed me for some reason.

• Like 1

Herp Derp, I see this moronic crap all the time, but this one really annoyed me for some reason.

That makes total sense.. I mean, the professor wouldn't  have had his ass arrested, he would have calmly asked why he did that! LoL

That makes total sense.. I mean, the professor wouldn't  have had his ass arrested, he would have calmly asked why he did that! LoL

The professor was an atheist, a member of the ACLU and and and and he also voted for Obama. :-)

• Like 1

Haha...and everyone in the classroom would just sit there and watch...

1620934_10152182751933879_1591484072_n.p

Because you can't be happy without reading the Bible, amirite!?

too bad for christians hundreds of years before bible exist

and too bad for people thousand of years before bible exist

• Super Moderator

I would tend to agree with the overall message here being that people always have to fill in for god.  Not because he's off protecting anybody, though; but rather because he never DOES anything himself.

• Like 1

I would tend to agree with the overall message here being that people always have to fill in for god.  Not because he's off protecting anybody, though; but rather because he never DOES anything himself.

This makes me want to vomit and is a huge part of what is wrong with our military and our country.

If he has the right to say it what right does the soldier have to do anything to him for it.

You don't get to fill in for god moron you get to go die volunarily in some foreign land like a meat popcicle and you volunteered to do it. They can say all day long the are protecting me in campaigns in Iraq and the like but are they even protecting the innocents in those countries? People volunteer for service and this just makes them all look like assholes while many of them are actually good people.

• Like 3

To be fair, the Marine seems to have understood Yahweh's character right on.  "Might makes right, Reason is weakness."

So yes, acting like Yahweh.  Apart from the protecting the military part.  If that's what he's been doing then he is unfortunately poor at it.

• Like 2

I am so glad a program "Facebook Fluff Busting Purity" exists. I have now been able to eliminate all references to Rick Warren from my timeline!

By the way, just where are all these mythical college professors who are foisting atheism onto their students?

I had one physics professor who was an outspoken antitheist, but I didn't even find out he was an atheist until more than a decade after I took his class. And having since seen the statistics on non-belief in the USA, I'm sure there had to be more, that I don't know about.

Or is this just another case of Christians projecting their own behavior onto non-believers?

10173620_299400940217806_917561999651692

Well guess Im SOL then. I did the last one! She posted with the caption "Can i get an AMEN?"

By the way, just where are all these mythical college professors who are foisting atheism onto their students?

I had one physics professor who was an outspoken antitheist, but I didn't even find out he was an atheist until more than a decade after I took his class. And having since seen the statistics on non-belief in the USA, I'm sure there had to be more, that I don't know about.

Or is this just another case of Christians projecting their own behavior onto non-believers?

I think its just a case of Christians projecting. I went to a secular college for a science major no less and i didnt meet one athesit teacher/professor the entire time i was there. or if they were they certainly didnt shove it down my throat like the christians try to do.

Thats one thing i will NOT be missing. Saturday morning visitation. i hated it. it never felt right to knock on a complete strangers door and ask them if they were going to heaven or hell and here let me show you how to avoid hell you rotten sinner you. sigh

It's all part of the narrative that stupid people want to weave that intelligence and academic success is a sign of weakness and blindness to the "real" truth that only uneducated people can access.  It's just classic insecurity.

This picture

10441906_10152244321437730_2660377650659

Cus it's just that simple... right?

10173620_299400940217806_917561999651692

Well guess Im SOL then. I did the last one! She posted with the caption "Can i get an AMEN?"

Ah, yes like:

Always ignore your natural intuition about people

Be OK with people hurting you deeply

Never consider the bad things someone does not being responsible

And always hope that God will reward you for letting yourself being used and abused and in support of users and abusers.

So she want's an AMEN to that? Oh oh...

This picture

A white adult.

• Like 7

This picture

Adults in some European countries pay for college and health care for everyone in their country as part of their tax system. Encouraging the future literacy, knowledge and leadership in their country. What a concept.

• Like 6

This picture

Adults in some European countries pay for college and health care for everyone in their country as part of their tax system. Encouraging the future literacy, knowledge and leadership in their country. What a concept.

I know, right?

A fb fundie friends status stated "we got a move in date! July 18 we will be in our new home!" (Side note: they are military and just moved to a new post and were pit on the waiting list for housing. Were told it could be up to 3 months wait)

The comments are what are making me roll my eyes: "praise the lord" "our prayers were answered""answered prayers"

Yes because somehow getting a house after putting your name on a waiting list and then your name comes up and you get a house, is because you prayed. Not because that's just the way it works and obviously went faster then expected.

If they had not prayed, they would be praising the lord for blessing them. And if they did pray, they praise the lord for answering the prayer.

Do they not see how crazy that is?

• Like 1

This picture

A white adult.

A white, priveledged adult born into an upper-middle-class family in a wealthy first-world country.

The african babies can fuck themselves.

• Like 5

This picture

A white adult.

A white, priveledged adult born into an upper-middle-class family in a wealthy first-world country.

The african babies can fuck themselves.

You know, I am a white adult. I pay for all these things minus the birth control because I don't think it would do my system well...

I come from a poor family, my parents struggled just to have food sometimes.

I am not rich by any means and being white has nothing to do with someones ability to take responsibility for their actions and desires.

While I feel that this sort of picture goes a long way to making people hate people for some reason I don't see why someone taking responsibility for themselves which is what the message seems to imply is bad?

If I have missed something in this other than the really cheesy looking middle aged lady with the fake smile please let me know. Not sure I am seeing it the way the posting party intended and don't want to miss the joke if there is one :)

A fb fundie friends status stated "we got a move in date! July 18 we will be in our new home!" (Side note: they are military and just moved to a new post and were pit on the waiting list for housing. Were told it could be up to 3 months wait)

The comments are what are making me roll my eyes: "praise the lord" "our prayers were answered""answered prayers"

Yes because somehow getting a house after putting your name on a waiting list and then your name comes up and you get a house, is because you prayed. Not because that's just the way it works and obviously went faster then expected.

If they had not prayed, they would be praising the lord for blessing them. And if they did pray, they praise the lord for answering the prayer.

Do they not see how crazy that is?

Where exactly do you live if you have to wait three months to live on base? I mean it isn't like they ask you to go to a new post? I honestly have no idea how that works, but I know jesus didn't come on down and strong arm his way to a house for them. Sounds like their alarmist attitude allowed them to falsly claim victory for their assumption and fantasy.