Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

My friend sent me this image:

oalQE.jpg

no. 3 is obviously a troll

I'm not so sure. There are plenty of people in the world today who think exactly like that.

Got this one today:

"Satan is on the move and I rebuke thee in the name of Jesus."

rebuke, now that's a 3 dollar word you don't hear very often. lol

and does using a Shakespearian era pronoun give it more umph?

Strange. I use to hear the word "rebuke" all the time, especially back when I was in high school. My HS was part of an organization that loved to rebuke during prayers.

Yeah, "rebuke" is (or at least used to be) a very common word among fundies. I know I've heard it a bazillion times.

Makes you want to pull out your curly white English judge wig and some holy water...

Got this one today:

Strange. I use to hear the word "rebuke" all the time, especially back when I was in high school. My HS was part of an organization that loved to rebuke during prayers.

Yeah, "rebuke" is (or at least used to be) a very common word among fundies. I know I've heard it a bazillion times.

A scene from the Exorcist comes to mind

In my UPC denomination, you knew people were done fucking around when they broke out the Elizabethan English.

• Like 2

Barf

558663_516867481661428_1094159927_n.jpg

When I say "I am a Christian", I am saying that I'm narcissistic enough to believe that the God of the universe actually gives two shits about getting me a parking spot at Walmart.

Gawd. Love the false humility of it all!

• Like 3

I saw a post recently that said only men that truly love Jesus can truly love others. This infuriated me. So your invalidating the love of millions of people just because they don't share your views? Wendystop.gif

Heard something similar from the Pastor of my wife's church today, "Only those who know Jesus Christ will know peace"

Heard something similar from the Pastor of my wife's church today, "Only those who know Jesus Christ will know peace"

Yeah, and these kind of Christians work hard at actualizing that statement by making the lives of those who don't believe a living hell. It is the height of arrogance and hypocrisy. I will never think that anyone who says such a thing has any peace in their own life.

• Like 1

Got this one today:

Makes you want to pull out your curly white English judge wig and some holy water...

I kid you not . . . when I tell my mother that I am coming down with a cold her immediate response is "Did you rebuke the cold in the name of Jesus?". She honestly thinks prayer is like medicine only more effective.

I kid you not . . . when I tell my mother that I am coming down with a cold her immediate response is "Did you rebuke the cold in the name of Jesus?". She honestly thinks prayer is like medicine only more effective.

Maybe you should have rebuked the cold in front of her and then asked her to do the same, and then you could've said, "Damn, that didn't work very well, now did it?" ;)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Maybe you should have rebuked the cold in front of her and then asked her to do the same, and then you could've said, "Damn, that didn't work very well, now did it?" wink.png

Give it a week or two, and it'll work like a charm! happydance.gif

• Like 4

Got this one today:

A scene from the Exorcist comes to mind

Try rebuking the police man after he pulls you over. bahahaha.

Maybe you should have rebuked the cold in front of her and then asked her to do the same, and then you could've said, "Damn, that didn't work very well, now did it?" wink.png

Give it a week or two, and it'll work like a charm! happydance.gif

Yeah, that is exactly right. She has never been killed by a cold. Ergo her prayers have been victorious every single time. She is batting a 1000 and calls herself a prayer warrior.

Just before I left Christianity I was praying for God's protection over our solders in the Iraq war. As I watched announcements of their deaths come in at a more or less steady rate I wondered briefly why we couldn't pray that nobody dies anywhere. The idea made me feel silly and helpless.

... except that if you read the Bible and take it literally, you're supposed to pray for impossible things like mountains moving and whatnot, and God promised he'd do whatever you asked.

I had the same revelation when I was fundie--I noticed that over time I began praying only for things that were feasible without any sort of god at all, like finding lost objects or recovering from normal illnesses.

Posted this in the Funny Pic thread, but then thought that maybe it would provide some comedic relief in here :)

r7gPBcpfC0KZAUZTB5_HsA2.png

I admit, what amazes me most is that someone thought of that verse within an hour of the original post. Whoever that guy is, he delivers almost as well as Anonymous.

I admit, what amazes me most is that someone thought of that verse within an hour of the original post. Whoever that guy is, he delivers almost as well as Anonymous.

It's not an actual bible verse, I just realised lol. He totally trolled her, and she didn't even notice. Oh, SO MUCH WIN!!!

Haephestus? What the hell is that?

Whatever it is, it's not in the bible.

Posted this in the Funny Pic thread, but then thought that maybe it would provide some comedic relief in here smile.png

lulz

Hahahaha, it gets better- Hephaestus (think the guy on FB had a spelling whoopsie), is a Greek god of fire, particularly for blacksmiths, but also for other craftsmen: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/h/hephaestus.html

Hahahaha, it gets better- Hephaestus (think the guy on FB had a spelling whoopsie), is a Greek god of fire, particularly for blacksmiths, but also for other craftsmen: http://www.pantheon....hephaestus.html

Because that bitch got BURNED!

See wut I did thar? xD

• Like 1

Hahahaha, it gets better- Hephaestus (think the guy on FB had a spelling whoopsie), is a Greek god of fire, particularly for blacksmiths, but also for other craftsmen: http://www.pantheon....hephaestus.html

Because that bitch got BURNED!

See wut I did thar? xD

1000 internets to you!

The dude, seriously, is a fucking genius!

• Like 1

Yeah, it's easy to manufacture a fake "Bible" quote and give it to those that don't know their Bible very well. Excellent job, too bad it wasn't used against a Fundie.

• Like 1

I almost asked him to elaborate:

"Hmmmm. Things to agree with, things to disagree with.

"I find it ... fundamentally consistent to believe that God created gradually and through evolutionary process. That science analyzes it and scripture interprets it. That the laws of physics have not changed multiple times. That there is a purpose and a plan to creation – and that everything works together for his purpose. Parasitic wasps,

sadistic cats, and web-footed land dwellers are neither accidental nor specifically designed. Death, biological death, is in some ways a part of the process of God’s design in the universe. I am not disturbed by this as Darwin was. But spiritual death, human destruction, separation from God is not a part of the design. Evil, systemic human evil, individual human evil, total depravity, are a direct result of human rebellion, human sin. Scripture relates historical events in the life, death, resurrection of Jesus and interprets those events as the pivotal work of God to redeem us, forgive us, and enable us to move forward in his plan, in his mission, and in his will.""

Posted this in the Funny Pic thread, but then thought that maybe it would provide some comedic relief in here :)

Hahaha "fuck off, you ruined my status" is the funniest part