Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

using the 'R' word was always a no-no when I was a christian; it still sounds weird now when i refer to it as a religion cos it was so drummed into us to never refer to it as such, despite the fact that's exactly what it is. It isn't science, it isn't architecture, it isn't a turnip.. it is a religion, twits.

Well amway is not a pyramid scheme either. Which legally it isn't. However, going to meetings and conventions is building the business, instead of ya know....actually talking to people and signing them up.

Same here. My mom still is pro-choice.

I mean, holy fuck, women can CHOOSE to have children? It's like all women just CAN'T have any idea how their bodies work, and wait for the magical fetus gnome to punch them in the vagina to get them pregnant. The invisible fetus gnome. Is this what christards and republicans think? Must be.

I just about sprayed the computer screen with that one. lmao_99.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1541245.gif

More wisdom from a fundy friend:

"As long as you're chasing after God, you'll catch a glimpse every once in a while. If you rest in knowing that you already have all of Him, you can actually build a relationship."

Stuff like this really frosts my cookies. I thought that you were supposed to chase after him with all of your heart and all of your strength (I don't remember the verse - it's something in one of Paul's books.) They drive you crazy trying to tell you how to worship god and you drive yourself crazy trying to figure out how you're getting it all wrong. I am so glad I don't have to try to wrap my brain around this kind of crap anymore.

• Like 1

Yes, but if they don't want to get hit, their bodies will "shut all that down" and the fetus gnome can hit them all he wants.

• Like 1

I have the feeling that some men here will soon have a new nickname for their penis.... "hey baby, want to meet the fetus gnome?"

Yeah, amazing something so short can cause so much distress trt19ROFLPIMP.gif

I have the feeling that some men here will soon have a new nickname for their penis.... "hey baby, want to meet the fetus gnome?"

LAWL!

I would be proud, actually. xD

Beats "Schooner."

I love GOD with all my heart. I have been told that makes me a christian. I dissagree. I am not an athiest nor am I a christian nor am I muslim, budist or any other religious affiliation. I do not believe in ANY religion. I believe in GOD but not the interpritation of the bible on any level. Pleae stop trying to force your interpritations down my throat. I have My own beliefs and I will not try to change YOUR Ideals so stop trying to change mine!

I responded with a short message of support.

Then we get this condescending tripe:

Loving God is not enough. Believing that God sent His son Jesus Christ to save mankind from their sins makes you a Christian. Whatever religion you choose or not choose, I will be praying for you.

UHGGGHHH!! Wendycrazy.gifscreams.gif

I am trying to figure out if I should respond - since I don't know either of these people very well.

Deva- one word: BLITZKRIEG.

OK, it's not a fundy post, but it started out fundy until my ex-Christian gay friend got a hold of it. Love the comment, too.....

godblessamerica

• Like 1

Huh. My mom was pro-choice. That word, I do not think it means what they think it means.

Mine too.

I hate hate HATE that line. It suggests that 'pro-choice' people never have children and want to abort every single baby ever.

• Like 1

Deva: DOOOOO EEEEEEEET

You know you want to!

My poor nephew:

"True reformers know they give there life for the prosperation of the next generation." — at Bethel Church, Redding

I can't bear even to talk with him (or his mom, my sister) about this stuff.

Deva: DOOOOO EEEEEEEET

You know you want to!

Yeah, I really do. It escalated and some guy was really preaching at my friend, much worse than the above quote. The Bible is "supernatural" blah blah... bullshit:

Read a newspaper article written by one person, we believe it; Watch the news, we believe it. The Bible is a collection of 66 books/letters penned by 40 authors of various backgrounds and occupations over approximately 1500 years with supernatural accuracy. Every person who penned what makes up the Bible faced death or did die for their faith. It is said that a person may be willing to die for what they think to be the truth, but are not willing to die for what they know to be a lie. The Bible, word of God, is historically, archeologically, geograhically, and prophetically accurate. It is not a blind faith ole friend, it is a logical reasonable faith yet something that will not be fully embraced apart from the working power of the Holy Spirit. Many people that say they are Christians or not, say they bible "contains" the word of God but each person denies the part that they don't like or is not convenient for them. This is a sin cursed world because of OUR sin. We deserve eternal separation from God because of our sin.

However, this crap wasn't addressed to me; I put a couple of lines of support in for my friend and he has not responded to that; so, I am going to refrain. Needless to say, I would never tolerate such a thing myself for one second. These fundy preachers would get both barrels.

I hope it's okay to add to this thread.

Recently on Facebook, I had a fundy friend post a link about how our food supply is now tainted with dangerous levels of arsenic. She posted the link, then lamented how she had served her and her husband whole grain brown rice because "they" said it was healthier and now she is dismayed to learn it may have had poisons on it. And of course she added the standard 'you can't trust anything anymore' comment. Her impassioned advice to everyone in FB land? Pray, pray, pray over your food. Pray over every morsel. Cover your food in prayer because that is the only way to be safe.

What really irritated me about this, and yes I'm ranting, is that nowhere did she say or suggest any other useful course of action. Her advice was entirely selfish and self serving. It is no different than the witch doctor who tells his local tribe to say these magic words over their water and they won't get sick, even though their water is tainted with feces because the community did not dig a deep enough out-house hole. Then the Western humanitarian/scientist arrives and tries to explain that if they would dig deeper holes, and make sure they are always at least 100 away from their well or river their will no longer make them sick, the witch doctor screams and cries and warns the tribe that this westerner is an unbeliever and cannot be trusted. They MUST continue to say the magic words!

Nothing was said about encouraging organic food production, writing our lawmakers about pesticide safety, or even something as simple as washing your food before you cook and eat it. Nothing.

So, lets not work on solving the cause of the problem. No need, just mumble a prayer over your food and you'll be fine. "My tribal god will hear and protect me. Oh, your family is getting sick? Then the solution is to meet my tribal god, learn these special prayers and you too will be safe." What about the non-believers out there who won't pray over every bite of their food? Well, that's really too bad.

Gag, gag, gag.

It's the same attitude I encountered in bible college in the lunch line. I asked another student once why they didn't use one of the available and re-washable glasses for their drink, but instead always chose a disposable styrofoam one. His answer: "God is going to destroy this world and make a new one when he returns, so why should I?"

• Like 2

prayer removes arsenic? suuuuure it does.

Maybe action on certain mining techniques and such would work better... oh wait.. that would require actually DOING something. Silly me.

The very idea that people believe god is going to fix anything terrifies the crap out of me.

"You know, I think it is

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.

Funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan who, by the way, also "believes" in God.

Funny how we are quick to judge but not to be judged.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Are you laughing?"

yelrotflmao.gif

"You know, I think it is

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.

Funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan who, by the way, also "believes" in God.

Funny how we are quick to judge but not to be judged.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Are you laughing?"

yelrotflmao.gif

Yes...yes I am.

"God will either pick you up when you fall or make you fly." ~with a picture of a man in a suit jumping off a cliff, arms spread open.

GAG!

This one?

284109_438961716145655_123180112_n.jpg

No they did not ruin the chive. Omfg

• Like 2

No they did not ruin the chive. Omfg

I'm sorry. That was also my reaction... nothing is sacred anymore!

• Like 2

269154_10151119130943159_20966850_n.jpg

Only God knows all that He has planned got our lives!! As we yield to Jesus, His Word and His Spirit change us into the FULNESS of our "destiny" in Him! Amen.