Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Eh, I kinda already do.. pretending to be curious about God and the Bible when I have really already made up my mind. Trolling sincere people is kinda mean and I have a limit. Although, I wouldn't be against one of you finding him and giving him a good run for his money... LOL

giving false hope that he'll get a soul winners crown.

FUCKING BRILLIANT!

Wow! Anyone who thinks that pink ribbons mean that women are overrunning society has to be a complete and unadulterated idiot. That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

Gotta get a kick out of his "don't bother me with questions cuz I wanna think what I wanna think" attitude, though.

You'd hear a lot worse on Men's Rights Activism forums. This guy would fit right in.

"Had a really lousy day and tomorrow looks the same. Anyone that knows me knows Im a straight shooter and I dont lie about anything. So I jumped off my diet for a cheat night and went to dinner. We had Chinese and jokingly asked [wife] "I wonder what this fortune cookie will have to tell me?" I opened up and literally got tears in my eyes as I read it......God will always give you everything that you want. Pretty ironic when God talks to you through a fortune cookie, I guess the rocks really do cry out!"

"Had a really lousy day and tomorrow looks the same. Anyone that knows me knows Im a straight shooter and I dont lie about anything. So I jumped off my diet for a cheat night and went to dinner. We had Chinese and jokingly asked [wife] "I wonder what this fortune cookie will have to tell me?" I opened up and literally got tears in my eyes as I read it......God will always give you everything that you want. Pretty ironic when God talks to you through a fortune cookie, I guess the rocks really do cry out!"

LOL. God's trapped in a fortune cookie factory.

• Like 3

Nothing like a little prosperity doctrine to get you through a cheat night. Too bad God never says that to poor people in third-world countries. Maybe their problem is not having any fortune cookies.

• Like 2

Whoops, wrong forum.

I finally responded:

So you refuse to answer my question? I'd say I have a pretty equal relationship with my fiance. I don't believe in sex roles, except during sex. wink.png Evenso, men still have better career opportunities and pay overall than women in the professional world. The only way I see men overrun by women is the increasing objectification of women in media. I think that is unfair to men. Enlighten me on anything else you see, perhaps I am truly blind.

His reply was this:

I can't convince you, so I'm not gonna try. I'll make this little point, though-- No one wears blue for prostate cancer.

I said this:

You are going to begrudge a whole sex for having more support for a disease? I'll concede men don't go around wearing blue ribbons for prostate cancer... if you don't like it, start the movement yourself. I think the ribbon crap is a bunch of insincere bullcrap anyway, if you ask me. I am curious in what other areas you feel men are being oppressed or overrun by women. I really don't understand.

My college nutrition instructor was a HUGE proponent for getting out awareness for men's health. I even have a stress ball shaped like a prostate that he gave away for prostate cancer awareness.

Men in our culture think it somehow shows weakness to be concerned about their health, especially when it concerns something as private as the prostate. Women, on the other hand, are far more willing to go to a doctor and to get yearly exams.

It's not as if women are taking over and trying to get all of the attention.

(SOURCES!):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8588686.stm

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/01news/newstudy.htm

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20110609/National-survey-finds-women-more-likely-to-see-doctor-on-regular-basis-than-men.aspx

This is a commonly known statistic. Like you said, he should start his own awareness group if he's so damn concerned about prostate cancer.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

LOL. God's trapped in a fortune cookie factory.

Oh the timing! I ate at a chinese restaurant today. I opened my cookie first and my fortune said "You are practical in your thinking and your feet are planted firmly on the ground." My daughter and mother agreed. Next my xtian daughter opened hers. She chuckled and said something like "Yeah, I wish" and we all had a good laugh. Ah but then my xtian mother opened hers and got one identical to my daughter's. I don't remember the exact words, but they were some sugary, cornball, moronic ones about hearts, sunshine, and their spiritual wisdom. My 80-year old mother took her fortune as a great compliment and put the little scrap of paper in her purse. All I could think was "Damn, she really is going senile."

Misogyny is massive news here in Australia atm, due to Alan Jones, the country's biggest shock jock, saying publicly that the prime minister Julia Gillard's father recently 'died of shame'. THis followed many other horrific things he said, including that women were 'destroying the joint'. This particular one inspired this fb page https://www.facebook.com/#!/DestroyTheJoint , which has since started a petition that has succeeded in pressuring all of Jones' sponsors to abandon his radio station; he now runs his program ad-free! Then two days ago the prime minister tore the opposition leader a new one over his equally sexist and barbaric comments, including repeating the 'died of shame' phrase in parliament. I recommend watching it even for pure entertainment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfo3SGIiSE0

• Like 1

I haven't posted here in a while but I caught this gem on FB today.

‎"Has God trusted you with a silence--a silence that is big with meaning? God's silences are His answers."

(My Utmost for His Highest, October 11

Bold emphasis mine. There is a reason silence is his answer! God has been trusting me with silence for the last few years and I finally realized it's 'cause he's not there!

• Like 2

577316_10151105604019811_1116749287_n.jpg

"

LOVE THIS!

The bride and groom wanted to pray together before being married. They didn't want to break tradition by having the groom see the bride before the wedding so they prayed together behind a corner!

A marriage built on Jesus is a marriage that will last!

"Like" if you agree!"

Is it just me or does the bride look like she's about to have explosive diarrhea?

Well, at least they're not saying that god answers prayers for healings by killing the sick. I guess we're getting somewhere. This is just the same yes/no/maybe bullshit evangelicals have been pandering since I got "saved" in the 88 Reasons thing. When the Bible's promises simply don't match up to reality, then reality has to be rephrased.

ETA: BendyLine, ZOMG, that's exactly what I thought. She looks decidedly displeased about something.

Biden. You have no backbone. And are either of you aware of the evil you uphold by supporting the Catholic faith? We will have a Muslim and a Catholic in office, or a Mormon and a Catholic. God help us!!! I warn naysayers to know their stuff before begging to differ.

What evil are you referring to?

about an hour ago · Like

•  
    Brian, you do realize that Obama is Christian?

about an hour ago via mobile · Unlike · 1

•  
    Who cares which faith the holders of the office profess? This is not a theocracy, and those who wish it to be so should create their own state and stop trying to force their religion on the rest of us.

55 minutes ago · Like · 1

•  
    Shannon A---because your theology affects everything you do. It's who you are. Shannon B--- look a lil closer. Nothing is Christian about Obama. Jason-- changing the formula for baptism to suit themselves, rape of altar boys, idolizing Mary, legalism, etc. You did know this, right?

38 minutes ago via mobile · Like

•  
    I was aware of those things, but I wasn't sure what specifically you were referring to.

37 minutes ago · Like

•  
    How is Obama not Christian? He professes a saving faith in Jesus Christ. Is that not the only requirement? And since when does having a Catholic president or VP mean that we will all be raping altar boys and idolizing Mary? How does having a Mo...See More

27 minutes ago · Edited · Like

•  

Can you show me what makes him muslim? His middle name does not count.
    27 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 1

•  
    I c Jason. :)blank.gif Shannon. He has openly admitted to it. And refers to the "Holy Quran" quite eloquently. And re-read your Bible if you think that the only requirement in being a Christian is to believe. Even demons believe. Shoot, Webster, who could quote the Bible btw, would tell you that a Christian is defined as Christ-LIKE. Believing a lie causes people to act in evil ways, that's how it matters.

7 minutes ago via mobile · Like

•  
    He was schooled in a Muslim country growing up, that is why he is literate in the Quran. I can give you a link to snopes.com on the "my Muslim faith" comment. He is a member of a Christian church and has been Christian for years, before he took office. He claims to be Christian.

It's always fun to watch Christians use the No True Scotsman against their own membership. Don't let 'em go.

You are going to begrudge a whole sex for having more support for a disease? I'll concede men don't go around wearing blue ribbons for prostate cancer... if you don't like it, start the movement yourself. I think the ribbon crap is a bunch of insincere bullcrap anyway, if you ask me. I am curious in what other areas you feel men are being oppressed or overrun by women. I really don't understand.

The pink ribbon campaign is merely a marketing ploy. Tell your friend that money rules the world, not women.

Check this out:

http://thegaily.ca/societyculture/health/why-i-hate-pink-ribbon-crap-and-six-reasons-everyone-oughta-care/

• Like 1

I haven't posted here in a while.....

There is a reason silence is his answer! God has been trusting me with silence for the last few years and I finally realized it's 'cause he's not there!

Sounds like what the Respectful Atheist said:

Christians have this bizarre way of taking things that "should" cause them to doubt, and flipping them around into faith building exercise [leading to] a giant faith affirming, totally unfalsifiable paradigm...

Source and great blog: http://respectfulatheist.blogspot.ca/

I wondered where you went, marmot! Miss you!

I just replace the word "god" or "jesus" with the word "velociraptors" whenever I read a xian smarmy facebook post. Makes it a lot funnier XD

For example, this morning my brother posted "Men like to make rules, but Velocirators like to break mens rules." I couldn't help but agree.

• Like 2

"

LOVE THIS!

The bride and groom wanted to pray together before being married. They didn't want to break tradition by having the groom see the bride before the wedding so they prayed together behind a corner!

A marriage built on Jesus is a marriage that will last!

"Like" if you agree!"

Is it just me or does the bride look like she's about to have explosive diarrhea?

“God, please let the baby be late, my parents can’t find out!”

• Like 3

Caption Him: I hope she never finds out I fucked her brother.

Caption Her: How am I gonna explain a 6 month pregnancy.

• Like 2

^^^^^

Caption Him: I hope she never finds out I fucked her brother.

Caption Her: How am I gonna explain a 6 month pregnancy.

all i can think about is how bad i want to fucking tap that.

HER.

• Like 1

Him: Standard prayer BS

Her: I gotta losen this corset or I'm gonna hurl.

and yeah McDaddy...that is a fine woman.

Pervs. ;)

Someone's got to be. You know these puppy-like Christian couples are all true love in the dark. She's a lovely young lady, but if I didn't know already that the young man is her husband-to-be, I'd have said it was her 14-year-old brother. Good luck to them. They're going to need it if they're so gullible they go to such contortions to avoid seeing each other before the vows. Probably think it's in the Bible.

ETA: Oh hey think they'll also do the even older custom of "putting the couple to bed" afterward?

• Like 1

I haven't posted here in a while.....

There is a reason silence is his answer! God has been trusting me with silence for the last few years and I finally realized it's 'cause he's not there!

Sounds like what the Respectful Atheist said:

Christians have this bizarre way of taking things that "should" cause them to doubt, and flipping them around into faith building exercise [leading to] a giant faith affirming, totally unfalsifiable paradigm...

Source and great blog: http://respectfulatheist.blogspot.ca/

I wondered where you went, marmot! Miss you!

Mainly two things: the school year started up again in the beginning of August and I have been very busy, and now that I am out of the closet with my wife I have not needed the therapeutics of posting here as much. I have still been checking on the ex-testimonies every week or so (my favorites!). I'll have to start chiming in more often!

I'll check out the respectfulatheist...I have certainly seen evidence of that attitude! Hope you are well, positivist!

• Like 1