Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

What an immature little shit. He lost me at "Buddha is a dead fat man."

Might as well have said "I'M A MEALY MOUTHED, WILDLY IGNORANT CUNT FERRET WHO CAN'T THINK, JUST INSULT THINGS THAT ARE DIFFERENT AND SCARY THAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAAAANNNDD!!"

I don't think I could have been friends with someone like that in the first place (that's me, though, I'm not very nice).

• Like 2

Might as well have said "I'M A MEALY MOUTHED, WILDLY IGNORANT CUNT FERRET WHO CAN'T THINK, JUST INSULT THINGS THAT ARE DIFFERENT AND SCARY THAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAAAANNNDD!!"

I don't think I could have been friends with someone like that in the first place (that's me, though, I'm not very nice).

I now have to call people "cunt ferrets".

Cunt ferret! ROFL Love it.

In real life, he keeps his faith to himself as long as you agree to disagree the first time he brings it up... that is why I'm friends with him. :) He friended me back and proceeded to tell me that I have the Spirit of Wiccan Witchcraft in me. (?!?!) He also said I fear god's judgement and that is why I left the faith. And that I hide the truth from myself because I am possessed. He says I made the worst decision of my life. LOL I gave up trying to reason with him after I got to explain what I really feel and think, and declared a moratorium on discussing religion again. His faith is fragile enough that our conversation so far has probably already caused him to doubt, which of course he will rebuke and cling to his cognitive dissonance in order to carry on, all the while rebuking Satan for making him doubt. He's a smart enough guy... I give him a couple decades and maybe then he will be honest with himself. :)

In real life, he keeps his faith to himself as long as you agree to disagree the first time he brings it up... that is why I'm friends with him. smile.png He friended me back and proceeded to tell me that I have the Spirit of Wiccan Witchcraft in me. (?!?!) He also said I fear god's judgement and that is why I left the faith. And that I hide the truth from myself because I am possessed. He says I made the worst decision of my life. LOL I gave up trying to reason with him after I got to explain what I really feel and think, and declared a moratorium on discussing religion again. His faith is fragile enough that our conversation so far has probably already caused him to doubt, which of course he will rebuke and cling to his cognitive dissonance in order to carry on, all the while rebuking Satan for making him doubt. He's a smart enough guy... I give him a couple decades and maybe then he will be honest with himself. smile.png

Weird reasoning. Fearing God's judgment is precisely why I spent so long IN the faith!

Yet another LH term that needs to live on a T-shirt. Ex-C mods, take note and hope she doesn't demand royalties.

He sounds really controlling, Pandora. Sometimes when a controller has doubts, the course they pursue is extra-militant--he's talking more to himself than you, it really sounds like. You didn't say or do anything to provoke a single reaction of his, so he's getting that worked up from somewhere else.

Reminds me of my mom's extended family's term for a dog or cat that is really hyper and crazy: "activated." Did you just play with the dog and now it's tearing all over the house? "What'd you do to activate that dog?!?" Cat having its midnight crazies? "Wow, the cat is activated tonight!"

So... This fundie is ACTIVATED!

• Like 1

It's not "cunt ferret" but I'll take it!

LhnCAhziZ0SvB7vWUzzbpg2.jpg

Even the Xians I know would never say that.

In real life, he keeps his faith to himself as long as you agree to disagree the first time he brings it up... that is why I'm friends with him. smile.png He friended me back and proceeded to tell me that I have the Spirit of Wiccan Witchcraft in me. (?!?!) He also said I fear god's judgement and that is why I left the faith. And that I hide the truth from myself because I am possessed. He says I made the worst decision of my life. LOL I gave up trying to reason with him after I got to explain what I really feel and think, and declared a moratorium on discussing religion again. His faith is fragile enough that our conversation so far has probably already caused him to doubt, which of course he will rebuke and cling to his cognitive dissonance in order to carry on, all the while rebuking Satan for making him doubt. He's a smart enough guy... I give him a couple decades and maybe then he will be honest with himself. smile.png

Weird reasoning. Fearing God's judgment is precisely why I spent so long IN the faith!

Exactly. I pointed this out to him, and he changed the subject.

Yet another LH term that needs to live on a T-shirt. Ex-C mods, take note and hope she doesn't demand royalties.

He sounds really controlling, Pandora. Sometimes when a controller has doubts, the course they pursue is extra-militant--he's talking more to himself than you, it really sounds like. You didn't say or do anything to provoke a single reaction of his, so he's getting that worked up from somewhere else.

Reminds me of my mom's extended family's term for a dog or cat that is really hyper and crazy: "activated." Did you just play with the dog and now it's tearing all over the house? "What'd you do to activate that dog?!?" Cat having its midnight crazies? "Wow, the cat is activated tonight!"

Ah... very interesting. I love my kitties when they are activated. Fundies, not so much. I think you hit on something... I thought it myself as well. He did seem to be talking to himself, as most of what he said was totally unrelated to what I said. Or if it was, it was just a way to think yourself out of having to think about the implications. Maybe it is a good sign, one can only hope that someday he lets his doubts come full circle and think for himself.

The funniest part to me was the "mark of the beast " crape. The moment any Christian starts that stuff up... it's over. They can't be reasoned with.

Well, he did it... he unfriended me. Now I'm sad. And now he won't get enough people to perform at the local comedy club, because I always brought the most for him so he could perform. He is obviously doing that thing that some Christians do, shutting out all conflicting evidence and opinion so that he doesn't have to think. And he accused ME of not thinking... so sad.

*adds as a friend* Cheer up yellow.gif

• Like 1

I like it when you are not very nice. :)

I LOVE this term! "Activated." It's so appropriate!

Bruce was out on the balcony on one of the carpeted shelves earlier, having a snooze, when suddenly he woke up and started rolling around on the shelf like it was the most awesome thing he'd ever felt, rubbing himself all over it like it was covered in catnip. Then, just as suddenly, he stopped, jumped down, and walked calmly inside lol. Bruce was activated!

I am so stealing that phrase, that is the most awesomely perfect description of animal behaviour I have ever heard!

Well, he did it... he unfriended me. Now I'm sad. And now he won't get enough people to perform at the local comedy club, because I always brought the most for him so he could perform. He is obviously doing that thing that some Christians do, shutting out all conflicting evidence and opinion so that he doesn't have to think. And he accused ME of not thinking... so sad.

*adds as a friend* Cheer up yellow.gif

Wait, did you add me or him? I didn't get any new requests... anyway, he decided to friend me back. LOL

I didn't get any new requests... anyway, he decided to friend me back. LOL

I don't know how to work facebook and I've heard too many horror stories about their privacy problems. So ex-C is my facebook.

• Like 1

Ah, I see. You can make your profile completely private on facebook with the settings, although it is complicated and stuff that you post on other people's pages or items you comment on can still be seen with the new changes. It isn't as bad as the naysayers purport it to be. Facebook is very useful for stalking family members and friends...GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

And another Baltimore-ism invades the world! HAHAHAHA my work here is done.

The only friends I'd want to stalk are the friends I have here, honestly. I know in advance that I wouldn't put up very well with ignorant privilege-driven bullshit. Sometimes to be friends you have to agree to disagree, to avoid certain topics, to just not argue about every single point of difference. I can do that IRL very easily. On forums it's a lot harder. I want to respect their beliefs as long as they don't thrust them in my face. On FB I'd interpret the constant stream of Christianisms and mommyjackings as thrusting, and I'd react accordingly. Trust me, nobody sensible would want me on FB except on a fake name and well insulated from anybody I knew RL.

• Like 1

So Cancer is the geostigma from Advent Children?

About two or three people will understand what I just said.

• Like 1

The spirit of Wiccan witchcraft. lol. Sounds like Thumbelina calling people "Crowlians..." :-)

I saw this on my FB recently:

<snip>

Putting it in perspective . . . Amen and Hallelujah!!! "Next month, as the usual obstacles come your way, pray that you will treasure the opportunity to cast your ballot without fear, knowing that while God is ultimately in control, He has blessed you with a say in the future of your city, state, and nation.....Lord, thank you for placing me in a nation where I have the freedom to vote for my leaders. Help me to take this honor seriously. Please give me wisdom to cast my vote for the candidates You want me to support (from Journey magazine, Oct 4).

</snip>

The "freedom to vote for my leaders" seems to conflict with "give me wisdom to cast my vote for who You want me to support." I resisted the urge to say, "So, god told you to vote for Obama, right?" :-)

So Cancer is the geostigma from Advent Children?

About two or three people will understand what I just said.

Oooo. I do.

Ah, I see. You can make your profile completely private on facebook with the settings, although it is complicated and stuff that you post on other people's pages or items you comment on can still be seen with the new changes. It isn't as bad as the naysayers purport it to be. Facebook is very useful for stalking family members and friends...GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

my wife just discovered that it is very easy to view other people's private messages. nothing is private on fb, even if you delete a post it is cached for all eternity. the secret is to have nothing to hide.

How does one do that? I might have to delete my fb profile if it is true.... feel free to PM me on the details.

On an unrelated note, my openly gay Christian Republican pro-life cousin has been annoying me lately with his posts. I thnk he must be the only gay Christian Republican pro-lifer in the world, and I have had a hard time refraining myself from commenting on his ridiculous posts.

How does one do that? I might have to delete my fb profile if it is true.... feel free to PM me on the details.

On an unrelated note, my openly gay Christian Republican pro-life cousin has been annoying me lately with his posts. I thnk he must be the only gay Christian Republican pro-lifer in the world, and I have had a hard time refraining myself from commenting on his ridiculous posts.

I had to read that a few times just to make sure I read correctly. The dissonance is strong with this one.

That is one of the sickest things I have ever read. How can these folks believe stuff like that????