Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

428040_248682935221899_331195659_n.jpg

I think the pumpkins were better off whole. They last much longer and have more of a functional use this way. Jack-o-lanterns look pretty, but they're hollow and are only good for rotting on your doorstep and stinking in the spring.

God removes the seeds. Evidence of his approving of abortion. He carves a smiley face on you forcing you to fake happiness. God gives you 'yucky stuff' then yanks it back out. WTF? The 'light' he puts inside you turns your insides black much like smoking cigarettes turns your lungs black. The fun part though is when cars run over the remains after some kid tosses it out into the street.

• Like 3

Dear parish,

While out with his car club this morning, (redacted) was in a very serious car accident. He received a significant head wound but thankfully, he is in stable condition. Having seen the pictures of the car that he was in I think that it is clear that the Lord was with him!

From the minister.

I think I remember drying out the pumpkin seeds and feeding them to the birds. I am sure the birds appreciated the extra food.

• Super Moderator
Dear parish,

While out with his car club this morning, (redacted) was in a very serious car accident. He received a significant head wound but thankfully, he is in stable condition. Having seen the pictures of the car that he was in I think that it is clear that the Lord was with him!

From the minister.

Was this the car he was driving? Just love that license plate...... GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

God Is My CoPilot.jpg

Dear parish,

From the minister.

Was this the car he was driving? Just love that license plate...... GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

post-3593-0-80760700-1348485243_thumb.jpg

this is the "big photo" on my facebook page.

Facebook friend and former fellow IHOP staff posted this. Picture of the sermon notes. Looking at it now, after being out for longer, it sounds even more batshit insane. Cult status, anyone?

330963_10151430338278642_2016070772_o.jpg

• Super Moderator
Dear parish,

From the minister.

God Is My CoPilot.jpg

God Is My CoPilot.jpg

this is the "big photo" on my facebook page.

HA! As they say, "a picture speaks a thousand words" and this one says it all, doesn't it! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

.. .or you rot on the front porch till you explode?

Or until some teens smash you with a baseball bat.

On second thought... I'm liking this analogy more and more!

Kids around our neigborhood just go out and smash them in the middle of the road. We've also had the occasional arrest of teens who throw rotten pumpkins at cars.

You know, all I could think of reading that stupid pumpkin thing was how it sounded like how a serial killer would leave his mark on his victims in an episode of CSI or Criminal Minds...kill em', carve 'em a chelsea grin and gut 'em. Yum.

Church sign on my way to work:

"What's missing from our CH CH? U R!!"

"What's the best vitamin for a Christian? B1!!"

That's the kinda knee-slapper-pun shit I'd expect to see on a Laffy Taffy wrapper... But hey, I'm thinking of going in there and giving them 10% of my income, so it worked on me!

Church sign:

"aren't you glad your mom is pro-life?"

Church name. HBWT T is a cross. Stands for Have Bible Will Travel.

demotivational-posters-prenatal-facepalm.jpg

• Like 2

Huh. My mom was pro-choice. That word, I do not think it means what they think it means.

• Like 3

Huh. My mom was pro-choice. That word, I do not think it means what they think it means.

Inconceivable! (that's actually appropriate here...)

• Like 2

402585_482083291813614_1436884767_n.jpg

402585_482083291813614_1436884767_n.jpg

I accepted Christ and was baptized, but after waking up to the reality that it's just mythology, I no longer like it.

230485_486618041356374_1195901190_n.jpg

Suddenly wondering if all this "atheism is a religion" bullshit is sprouting because Christians no longer have any conception what a religion is with all their "Christianity is a relationship" smug self-regarding nonsense.

• Like 7

Suddenly wondering if all this "atheism is a religion" bullshit is sprouting because Christians no longer have any conception what a religion is with all their "Christianity is a relationship" smug self-regarding nonsense.

It is ironic they want to denounce the religious aspect of it and claim a "relationship". The truth is there is no relationship when you are having one with yourself. Relationships whether human, mathematical or chemical, ALL of them have more than one element at work. The only place you are going to find some vague concept of a relationship is in a church setting where the relationship is with fellow woos. Ergo you have religion.

This meme has been around awhile and really is an adapted theology bordering on mysticism. The sad thing is how gullible folk are in spouting this off w/o really thinking about it.

• Like 2

using the 'R' word was always a no-no when I was a christian; it still sounds weird now when i refer to it as a religion cos it was so drummed into us to never refer to it as such, despite the fact that's exactly what it is. It isn't science, it isn't architecture, it isn't a turnip.. it is a religion, twits.

• Like 3

using the 'R' word was always a no-no when I was a christian; it still sounds weird now when i refer to it as a religion cos it was so drummed into us to never refer to it as such, despite the fact that's exactly what it is. It isn't science, it isn't architecture, it isn't a turnip.. it is a religion, twits.

The Christian disdain for the term "religion" is quite ironic when considering this Bible verse:

Pure religion
and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

If "religion" is so terrible, then why does the Bible refer to "pure religion"?

The funny thing is that if Christianity isn't a religion but atheism is, then the churches should lose their tax exempt status while any atheist should get it.

I bet they wouldn't like that.

The funny thing is that if Christianity isn't a religion but atheism is, then the churches should lose their tax exempt status while any atheist should get it.

I bet they wouldn't like that.

ceiling-cat-approves-500x404.jpg

• Like 3

I approve too!

I wish I could give you a rep point, Ouroboros.

• Like 1

Whether we call it relationship or reliigion, it is a toxic obsessive compulsive disorder characterized by fear, shame and guilt.

• Like 1

Same here. My mom still is pro-choice.

I mean, holy fuck, women can CHOOSE to have children? It's like all women just CAN'T have any idea how their bodies work, and wait for the magical fetus gnome to punch them in the vagina to get them pregnant. The invisible fetus gnome. Is this what christards and republicans think? Must be.

• Like 1

More wisdom from a fundy friend:

"As long as you're chasing after God, you'll catch a glimpse every once in a while. If you rest in knowing that you already have all of Him, you can actually build a relationship."