Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

556514_3531566727457_21524892_n.jpg

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I almost asked him to elaborate:

"Hmmmm. Things to agree with, things to disagree with.

"I find it ... fundamentally consistent to believe that God created gradually and through evolutionary process. That science analyzes it and scripture interprets it. That the laws of physics have not changed multiple times. That there is a purpose and a plan to creation – and that everything works together for his purpose. Parasitic wasps,

sadistic cats, and web-footed land dwellers are neither accidental nor specifically designed. Death, biological death, is in some ways a part of the process of God’s design in the universe. I am not disturbed by this as Darwin was. But spiritual death, human destruction, separation from God is not a part of the design. Evil, systemic human evil, individual human evil, total depravity, are a direct result of human rebellion, human sin. Scripture relates historical events in the life, death, resurrection of Jesus and interprets those events as the pivotal work of God to redeem us, forgive us, and enable us to move forward in his plan, in his mission, and in his will.""

It just flips some people out to think that life may be chaos. Order must be assigned to randomness. God's design 'must' be responsible for the many things in life that make no sense. What is wrong with watching unplanned, unstructured chaos unfold? It can be exciting. :-)

So much for omnipotence. *giant eyeroll*

• Like 3

So much for omnipotence. *giant eyeroll*

Likewise, so much for omipresence. rolleyes.gif

• Like 3

Amen to the Rain I have been praying for for months!! Keep it up! Thank you Father!

• Like 1

552072_10151208009536696_1887037811_n.jpg

Amen to the Rain I have been praying for for months!! Keep it up! Thank you Father!

Unfortunately, fundys will believe that.

• Like 3

I got involved in a nice little debate yesterday.

Blue is a friend from high school.

Purple is a lesbian friend from high school.

Green is a friend of blue.

Yellow is a friend of blue.

fbook1.jpg

fbook2.jpg

fbook3.jpg

Oh my Great FSM, my dad is a tea party fundie and keeps 'liking' all of these 'like if you think Jebus and guns are the best ever!!' pics! One of the more recent ones said, "Like if you think America should return to its Christian values!"

HOLY KRISHNA HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE CONSTITUTION??

• Like 1

Church sign at the AOG up the street from my house.

"You can't walk with Jesus when your hold hands with the devil"

The devil prefers different anatomy, I think.

• Like 1

Oh my Great FSM, my dad is a tea party fundie and keeps 'liking' all of these 'like if you think Jebus and guns are the best ever!!' pics! One of the more recent ones said, "Like if you think America should return to its Christian values!"

Sorry you're in Alabama. I grew up there, and for a thinking person, there is no greater antidote to christianity than the majority of people in Alerbummer.

And no, they haven't read the Constitution. They likely haven't even read the bible. Because they KNOW Jeebus votes republican, shoots teh geys with his huntin' rifle while chugging beer and watching NASCAR. And has a wicked mullet.

Muslims riot & set off bombs when their "god" is mocked.... Where is ur zeal?

Saw this today and it really pissed me off. Followed by such comments as....

"I'd like to move every Muslim to the gas chamber!!! They hate us and always have and they hate their own self! Their god is a god of hate"

I mean this is supposed to be from Christians. Ick!

Terrorism in the name of a religion does make it hard to love members of that religion. Of course Christians have a recent history of terrorism in Ireland.

• Like 1

I really need to go through and delete some of these xtians off my friends list. What really pisses me off is when they mentions something totally inconsequential--like finding something they wanted to buy on sale--and then yak about how God is showing them favor. Yeah, it sure would be nice if Gawd could find some time to maybe heal some dying children or feed some starving third world people, but I'm glad he was able to get you some party favors for your kid's 16th birthday party on sale. Praise the Lard!

• Like 3

I was actually impressed by my Christian friends yesterday. I posted that LGBT thing to my own wall, and didn't get one negative comment on it. I guess the Christians I personally friend know better than to do that, or agree.

Sorry you're in Alabama. I grew up there, and for a thinking person, there is no greater antidote to christianity than the majority of people in Alerbummer.

And no, they haven't read the Constitution. They likely haven't even read the bible. Because they KNOW Jeebus votes republican, shoots teh geys with his huntin' rifle while chugging beer and watching NASCAR. And has a wicked mullet.

Actually that last part is kinda true.

5208_066e.png

I was actually impressed by my Christian friends yesterday. I posted that LGBT thing to my own wall, and didn't get one negative comment on it. I guess the Christians I personally friend know better than to do that, or agree.

I deleted 2 christians off my FB list. My asshole aunt and this local guy who is a pervert. I have 3 christian FB friends who post almost nothing. One posts a couple times a week but they are not offensive. The only other one is a gay minister who posts logical statements which cannot be argued with.

Great indeed, antixianxian.

from a Muslim gal who lives in Egypt. Sweet, but sad.

"Got up. Prayed. Made a generous cup of illy caffe latte. sitting in the perfect fresh morning air in my balcony. got the best view in the world that i can get in my pjs. what more could I ask for? Thank you God for all my blessings."

I've seen this before, but fuckin' hysterical.

WBYSds_cfk60A3xDZriB8w2.jpg

• Like 4

I've seen this before, but fuckin' hysterical.

WBYSds_cfk60A3xDZriB8w2.jpg

What would Jesus do? Now we know.

• Like 3

229396_440283402682029_1728249354_n.jpg

No. They can't ruin the most interesting man. :(

This from my nephew. Aaargh, aargh.

"When we give God our heart. We will live a life of Adventure and Encounter. Even the valleys and low points seem so small from the Mountain top."

My sister and others clicked "Like." Aargh.