Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

church sign:

"A comprehended god is no god" --Saint John Chrysostom quotes

This guy was archbishop of Constantinople 347-407.

So I guess this argument has been going on in the church for millenia.

Reminds me of "I think your god isn't god, if he fits inside your head" by As Cities Burn

308216_415539338507724_266515647_n.jpg

except for food, water, and shelter. Yeah he's all you need.

Stryper, you aren't thinking about the eternal here. After you starve to death, you go to heaven... Maybe. If you chose the right denomination.

• Like 2

"Being too weak to handle a problem, we have called upon the indwelling Spirit to help us and have found His strength overcoming our weakness, His joy overcoming our sorrow, or His peace overcoming our anxiety." :)

My close friend posted this little gem. I hate that religion has told her it wasn't her strength, her hard work, her character that got her through some of the toughest years of her life. Nope it was God.

My grandfather just posted one. To give it some context, he owns an online business where he buys things dirt cheap at auctions, repairs them, and sells them online for major profit. He travels within a three-state area to procure the more profitable items (usually restaurant, hospital, and gym equipment).

(Despite his struggle with words, he's actually brilliant).

Dave wrote: I was hauling a 6 burner commercial gas stove on my trailer on I64 today when a strap broke and the stove fell off of the rear of the trailer. It spun around and around throw parts everywhere and ending up in the other lane of traffic. Although traffic had been pretty heavy, there was none close by in either lane and the only casualty was the stove. God is GOOD!

I love him but oy vey. If God is good, why did the strap break? Why did he put all this money and time into something only for it to be dashed to bits on the interstate? Just sayin'....

My mom just linked to this:

"Why it's Important to Pray for America"

http://m.cbn.com/700...oqhDVk.facebook

Bishop Jackson’s work in the area of public policy and issue advocacy has gained notoriety. His radio commentary “The Truth in Black and White” can be heard daily on 400+ stations nationally. With the pro-abortion movement and the anti-traditional marriage movement growing stronger he says it is time for America to wake up and cry out to God. “It seems to me that the great faith of our leaders has not drawn the nation to prayer. Instead the huge needs of the nation have always driven men of faith and goodwill to pursue divine intervention,” shares Bishop Jackson. He says people should pray continually for the needs of our nation because God is dealing with America and allowing things to be shaken that we never thought would be shaken. “We’ve gotten off track and we’re going the wrong way…God wants us to find our way back to Him,” says Bishop Jackson. He offers the following three fold process to guide Americans to turn back to God:

• Recognition - God wants us to recognize that we have drifted away from Him and His purposes. God wants us to return to ways of holiness in order to restore His presence, power, and purpose in our lives.
  • Repentance – God wants us to cry out to him in prayer and turn from what we are doing that displeases Him.
  • Restoration – By recognizing where we are and repenting, God then wants to restore His presence and His protection for America by keeping us safe. And, help America to regain prosperity.

SK, that piece is not exactly convincing me that God is anything but a massive raging infected dickhole.

• Like 2

How many of us would require absolute worship and obedience before we would lift a finger to help our children in need?

Besides Florduh, I mean. XD

428040_248682935221899_331195659_n.jpg

I think the pumpkins were better off whole. They last much longer and have more of a functional use this way. Jack-o-lanterns look pretty, but they're hollow and are only good for rotting on your doorstep and stinking in the spring.

• Like 1

And when halloween is over, you're thrown in the trash.

How to be a christian - GET A LOBOTOMY!

• Like 3

How to be a christian - GET A LOBOTOMY!

Exactly what I thought when I read it.

.. .or you rot on the front porch till you explode?

Or until some teens smash you with a baseball bat.

Or until some teens smash you with a baseball bat.

On second thought... I'm liking this analogy more and more!

I think the pumpkins were better off whole. They last much longer and have more of a functional use this way. Jack-o-lanterns look pretty, but they're hollow and are only good for rotting on your doorstep and stinking in the spring.

Holdonasecond. I thought Jack-o-lanterns were supposed to be evil.

[Edit of partially mistaken remark: On a more serious note, the "yucky stuff" actually has value.]

• Like 3

Holdonasecond. I thought Jack-o-lanterns were supposed to be evil.

On a more serious note, the "yucky stuff" is what actually has value. You don't exactly make pumpkin bread or pumpkin pie out of the rind.

Sorry but I think you do.

On a more serious note, the "yucky stuff" is what actually has value. You don't exactly make pumpkin bread or pumpkin pie out of the rind.

We're currently fermenting a pumpkin ale with all that "yucky stuff". So far, it seems to turn out pretty good.

Sorry but I think you do.

Whoops. OK, I guess you're right. We always throw out the rinds of watermelons and canteloupes, so I guess I jumped the gun in assuming the same for pumpkins. My bad.

Wow, you Americans are pretty keen on your pumpkin. Over here, pumpkin gets roasted, or made into soup. I can't think of anything else we use them for.

Wow, you Americans are pretty keen on your pumpkin. Over here, pumpkin gets roasted, or made into soup. I can't think of anything else we use them for.

Pumpkin soup is a great way to use pumpkins. I look forward to it every fall.

Pumpkin rolls with cream cheese swirls and frosting (like jelly rolls except much much more awesome). Oh my gawd it is so good. I live for the autumn.

• Like 1

Damn pumpkin soup sounds AWRSOME