Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Being a "Christian" will always feel lacking and unrealistic

Fixed lol :D

• Like 1

‎"God wants your dreams and plans to be so big that it takes Him to accomplish them."

Then I want my dreams to be small...microscopic even.

Got to see Jesus love on a man at Barns & Noble by healing him of chronic and medically unexplainable neck pain! Yay! No more physical therapy!

Life with the Holy Spirit never gets old. So glad I get to witness your love shown to people, Papa!

Same chick. I don't think I even need to say anything to express how much stupid this is.

Of course the fellow so "healed" will be providing medical evidence and followup for his permanent, utterly inexplicable-except-for-goddidit "healing" to news outlets everywhere so we're not just hearing the opinion of a non-medically-trained layperson who got rowdy in a bookstore with a strange man with someone who has no idea in the world just how "medically unexplainable" his malady is/was, what steps he'd already taken for relief, and how well he does in the future. Right?

A false understanding of following Christ causes one of two things, either a person will realize what they are doing isn't real while here on earth or they will be told it wasn't real at judgement. (See Matt 21-23)

Without truly deciding to follow Jesus and HIS teachings, one will never understand the beauty of being a child of God.

Being a "Christian" will always feel lacking and unrealistic without the knowledge and the action of the teachings of Jesus.

False Christianity forces us to look and rely on humans, rules, and traditions.

Followers of Jesus are taught to look to God, give Him our weaknesses, and do the things he calls us to do.

Why does xtianity teaches that we are to be like children? It seems to me that to think like an adult, that one would realize it is garbage. I think I will be an adult, thank you.

• Like 3

"I love it when Jesus says something and then tells me again. I know it is for me to heed and I love it when I feel it is just for me. I know you all have your Bibles and it says it in yours too, but *shrugs, its for me...lol"

This is so full of...douchery. Especially exclusitivity douchery. I have this vision of the writer tossing their head back and forth and giggling at the end. I feel nauseated.

You know, they post this saccharin-dripping brown-nosed drivel trying to outdo each others' pious holiness and win brownie points with "God".

• Like 2

My Uncle said some things on my Mother's post. He was trying to be careful, but at the end of the discussion I think he got sensitive and misread/misunderstood what was being said:

8216138158_811fd9c81a.jpg

8215054609_359289ae9e.jpg

8216138032_30304afa00.jpg

Biblegay debate3 by TahliaH, on Flickr

Wait, I thought the issue has nothing to do with whether or not gays can be healed or if they chose to be gay. Even if it were totally voluntary, even if a gay person could choose to be straight or if there were therapy that would make gays straight, it's their damn business what is in the underwear of their love interests and it would still be totally wrong to dictate to anybody who they should be sleeping with or why or not let two people in love marry. Please set me straight if I'm missing the point.

• Like 2

I had 7 friend requests from random church members (my old church) this afternoon when I logged on to Facebook. One guess what the sermon or the altar call speech was about today....

I had 7 friend requests from random church members (my old church) this afternoon when I logged on to Facebook. One guess what the sermon or the altar call speech was about today....

Are you going to accept?

Are you going to accept?

I did. I'm curious. I'll probably delete them in a week or so. Sooner if they say anything out of line.

I mentioned something anti-Xian on a friend's FB page once. One of his fundy friends started a debate with me and ended with him sending me a friend request. Nope, I don't want to be your project. Thanks. lol.

If anything on this board needed a betting pool, that is it. I'm giving it three days before you discover yourself re-imagined as a DIY project for some fundie wanting to fix you.

If anything on this board needed a betting pool, that is it. I'm giving it three days before you discover yourself re-imagined as a DIY project for some fundie wanting to fix you.

Didn't even take that long. About an hour after I posted this my husband got a long message about how they all prayed for me today and church and if I won't "accept" their help, they feel the need to take more drastic measures, whatever the fuck that means. How satan is tempting me and he is failing as the spiritual leader of our house and blah blah blah. I deleted them all and then some.

Didn't even take that long. About an hour after I posted this my husband got a long message about how they all prayed for me today and church and if I won't "accept" their help, they feel the need to take more drastic measures, whatever the fuck that means. How satan is tempting me and he is failing as the spiritual leader of our house and blah blah blah. I deleted them all and then some.

Mention on your facebook status how you have signed up for that concealed weapon class. :-)

• Like 2

then I got this: "I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I am still praying for you. A lot of your church family feel the same way. We care about you and are concerned for you and your family. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving holiday. Love you all, C****"

I'm starting to get pissed.

then I got this: "I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I am still praying for you. A lot of your church family feel the same way. We care about you and are concerned for you and your family. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving holiday. Love you all, C****"

To be honest I don't mind the concern my christian friends have for me, that's how they see the world. It's what they've been indoctrinated to believe and do, and they will always see us as lacking in knowledge and truth, just as they would see other churches that differ in their interpretation of Book Ch:Vs as people who need saving :D

The status' that really annoy me are the ones about conspiracy theories, like "Jay Z is a freemason", "Did you see the V sign Rihana made in her video, she's illuminati" :( It's a sad world ...

Oh, and that Juanita Bynum one is hilarious, though I'm not one to mock ... <_<. The only thing I did mock was the conspiracy theorists, though to be honest I think they might be right. I am an antichrist, I oppose the fairy tale ;)

More drastic measures? That sounds creepy! Very innapropriate too, some people really can't handle it when another person's views change. Keep an eye on these people and save all messages they send you. You might end up using it as evidence of harrassment. I hope not though.

• Like 1

Wait, I thought the issue has nothing to do with whether or not gays can be healed or if they chose to be gay. Even if it were totally voluntary, even if a gay person could choose to be straight or if there were therapy that would make gays straight, it's their damn business what is in the underwear of their love interests and it would still be totally wrong to dictate to anybody who they should be sleeping with or why or not let two people in love marry. Please set me straight if I'm missing the point.

I mentioned the reparative therapy and choice issue because I wanted to let my Uncle know what I thought about that in case he tried to go down that road. The problem was he took what my Mother and I said as a personal attack on him which wasn't the case.

It frustrates me when people say they don't like or agree with homosexuality because of what the Bible says, the Bible doesn't even try to give a reason as to why it's supposed to be wrong and it's credibility is terrible anyway, so I really can't respect that kind of view. It certainly isn't based on any kind of logical thought. It's just "the Bible says it's wrong and I agree with it even if I don't know why." What a bullshit reason to be against something! Argh.

Post the whole fucking thing on your facebook wall, with MST3K commentary, Ipsy. If you do this thing right, you could make the whole lot of them look exactly like the pack of manipulative, creepy horses' asses they are. Threaten to call the cops if "drastic measures" are ever mentioned again.

If prayer worked, Christians would never need to tell anybody they're doing it.

• Like 3

I mentioned something anti-Xian on a friend's FB page once. One of his fundy friends started a debate with me and ended with him sending me a friend request. Nope, I don't want to be your project. Thanks. lol.

Ooh, that happened to me once too. I accepted, though, and had a lot of fun stringing him along. I pretended to be swayed by his arguments for about six weeks and then sent him back a message telling him that I hadn't been convinced by anything he'd said, just wanted to see what his next stupid argument was going to be, along with a list of my rebuttals for all of his points (which I'd written as time permitted) and then refused to answer him anymore.

It was actually lots of fun.

• Like 1

I suppose that they care about you and are just doing what they feel that God is leading them to do.

Ooh, that happened to me once too. I accepted, though, and had a lot of fun stringing him along. I pretended to be swayed by his arguments for about six weeks and then sent him back a message telling him that I hadn't been convinced by anything he'd said, just wanted to see what his next stupid argument was going to be, along with a list of my rebuttals for all of his points (which I'd written as time permitted) and then refused to answer him anymore.

It was actually lots of fun.

That is fantastic. lol. "Gosh, I think I'm feeling the holy spirit now....NOT! JK" bahahahaha.

Fuck, I hate that passive-aggressive Christian bullshit when they try to show the love of Christ. "We're trying to force our beliefs on you because we love you, at least, we think Jesus is more likely to approve of our actions this way."

A while ago, I posted a link to a rally in support of gay marriage, and I got a lecture from a guy I went to school with, about God's will and how I'm wrong. He ended the whole thing with "You are loved."

Interestingly enough, apparently the same guy invited himself to another former classmate's house and really offended this other guy when he basically began preaching. Go figure, really.

• Like 1

Fuck, I hate that passive-aggressive Christian bullshit when they try to show the love of Christ. "We're trying to force our beliefs on you because we love you, at least, we think Jesus is more likely to approve of our actions this way."

A while ago, I posted a link to a rally in support of gay marriage, and I got a lecture from a guy I went to school with, about God's will and how I'm wrong. He ended the whole thing with "You are loved."

Interestingly enough, apparently the same guy invited himself to another former classmate's house and really offended this other guy when he basically began preaching. Go figure, really.

That's really pissing me off about all of it. How can I be a bitch to someone ending all of their messages with "I love you." Doesn't matter how messed up the rest of the message is, if I say anything mean I'M the asshole. Wendybanghead.gif

That's really pissing me off about all of it. How can I be a bitch to someone ending all of their messages with "I love you." Doesn't matter how messed up the rest of the message is, if I say anything mean I'M the asshole. Wendybanghead.gif

It also means you're an asshole because you don't have God working in your life. No matter what you say (or even don't say), they can find a way to twist it to how your life is a lot worse now and how they're right about their preconceived beliefs.

It's like making a square circle, simply walking into Mordor or discussing evolution with a block of cheese (or creationist). Some things just can't be done.

Even if you just say something diplomatic like, "I appreciate the concern, but we're happy as we are," they'll conclude something about how you're deceived or that they need to step up their divine charity efforts.

• Like 1