Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

Well I spoke with my own words and so perhaps it is best that I speak with Jesus' words instead now. Maybe that will be best. It seems that everything fell on deaf ears. *shrug*

That proves how little you understand.

Most of you say that you cant believe again because you are unable to anymore. I do not agree with that statement. You do not believe because you do not want to.

1,000,000% WRONG!!!

You let the world and all its lies into your hearts and into your heads and so it has complicated things. But Jesus can bring anyone back.

Then let your imaginary friend Jesus do that then. Stop stepping into his shoes or try to do his work!

All is not lost. You try to reason and figure it out, and try to develop new theories and concepts and they all lead to nothing in the end.

So far, they've led to a LOT more in my life. 30 years of Christianity brought very little result, while 5 years of non-Christians have brought 100-fold, if not 1,000-fold.

Just fruitless searches.

Not when they actually giving fruit. As in my case.

You want to understand everything, know everything as though we as humans are worthy to know such mysteries and great things...

Wrong again. I'm not trying to understand everything because I know I can't. But I don't believe in things to be unchangeable facts when I know they're not.

while all along your hearts are hard and your spirits are not open.

The judgmental bitch finally comes out to play.

So even if Jesus spoke directly to you, you would not listen.

Oh, believe me, I would. Since I asked Jesus to speak to me while I was Christian, and he didn't. I was willing to listen, he refused to speak.

So why should He even waste His breath if you will not let Him in and surrender to Him and worship Him with all your might? He will not be mocked.

He wouldn't have been mocked or wasted his breath if he had taken the opportunities over the years and actually spoken to me. It never happened. I was Christian for 30 years.

I guess I will just quietly leave on this note.

Matthew 10:14-15

And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

My bet is that you will keep on coming back for a while and spew your religious bullcrap over us. And that would make you untrustworthy. We can't trust your words. You don't stand by them.

Where is that quietly leaving us and dusting of your shoes?

Like I said, you would stay. We can't trust you when you're breaking promises.

You just can't stay away, can you?

So how about honoring your own promise?

Those people are regular people..they are sinners. I do feel compassion on them and I know that many many people are suffering injustly right now. But Jesus was/is Holy..thats the difference. He spent forever (an infinite amount of time) with God the Father and then He had to be seperated from that and come here so that He could save us!

Did you say you had a degree? Did you study math or science at all? Do you know what "infinite amount of time" really means?

And what about the promise you made to leave? If we can't trust you to fulfill your own promises, how can we trust anything you say?

Thats the difference. You obviously have not counted how many people live and have lived and will live on this plant. I believe the count is about 20 billion right now (that is what I dug up, I could be wrong). So can you imagine never knowing pain and sorrow and sin for longer than time ever existed then coming down to earth and taking every single persons sin onto yourself. I dont think it was just physical pain He endured....it was spiritual murder too.

Do you feel that 19 billion people in Hell, and just 1 billion people in Heaven, is a good trade-off?

Justyna:

Your story is irrelevant. No one asked you to "share" it, you just presumptuously presumed we'd be interested. We're not. We've all been there, done that. It's clear that you don't really have anything new to add to any discussion - no new nuggets of godly wisdom, no blindingly brilliant apologetics, nothing we haven't heard before. You're little more than a clanging cymbal, driven to stay here by the needs of your own ego, nothing more.

You've returned to Christianity. Fair 'nuff, you're a sentient being capable of making your own decisions about your own life. I hope it brings you whatever it is that you feel you need to be content.

Now go away and quit bothering us, as you promised you would.

"I'm a christian again. I made a mistake."

Yes you did, but maybe you'll deconvert again.

something tells me you are taking it out of context.

That's just your cognitive dissonance talking.

Seriously.

This really is not going to help much, yet nevertheless I feel the urge to share it because even though those that reply dont seem to get it, perphas someone who is reading this but does not post will understand.

When Jesus came the first time, He was a meek carpenter who had no earthly position and was very submissive and compassioante and willing to help. Make no mistake, when He comes back again the second time, He is not coming back the same way. He is coming back with power and vengence and He will make everything right. He will crush His enemies and He will administer justice to the weak, the poor, the oppressed and the orphaned. Basically it is not going to be anymore "Mr. Nice Guy." So try to keep that in mind.

Also my friend who I have known for 10+ years told me before that she believes Jesus is coming back in our lifetime. We are both 28 by the way. Now she is prophetic and has NEVER EVER been wrong when she heard from God. I guess it is somewhat strange because the Bible says that no one knows the hour when He is coming back, only the Father knows. But the whole earth is groaning and waiting and anticipating. Many prophecies have been fufulled in the Bible. I believe her when she said it will be in our lifetime. So perhaps 70 years or so..give or take. Please I am not saying that I KNOW KNOW, because that would make me a heretic, no one knows for certain only God. But my friend is an awesome Christian and is pretty close to God. She might be right. The reason I believe her is because she is not saying that on such and such date at such and such time Jesus is coming back. She said in our lifetime. Its possible.

I worry for you. People have been prophesying that Jesus will return for 2000 years, so far not one of these has come to pass. The reason is that there was never a person Jesus as written about in the bible. Therefore he cannot return. You are seriously in need of help.

You can't trust Christians. They can do whatever they want and ask God for forgiveness. They're just morally corrupt. They don't know the first letter of morality; still, they believe they have a patent on it.

Most of you say that you cant believe again because you are unable to anymore. I do not agree with that statement. You do not believe because you do not want to.

AHEM!!!!

I noticed you didn't answer my fucking question. What about the person who DOES want to believe but has concluded that Christianity is false?

I am the elephant in your room, and I'm staring you down.

I did some research. I was on this site and of course I did other research online as well. What I found was interesting but it was not enough to convince me otherwise. And believe me I tried. I wanted to leave, I was running as quickly away from anything Christian.

I am back at a new church and it is good. Its not perfect though. I mean I do see some people acting like hypocrites which was one of the reasons I did not like going to church, but what I learned is that I should not let other people determine my destiny. Yes some Christians are hypocrites, this is true, but some are not. Some are good people who walk the walk etc. Im also not responsible for what other people do. I am responsible for what I do.

I guess my re-conversion was emotional because human logic is nothing compared to Gods wisedom. Im not trying to re-convert others or anything..lol, I am just sharing my story and my journey to this point.

You say one of the reasons you did not like church was because of the hypocrisy. Whenever I ask Christians why there is so much hypocrisy in the church, they say, "Well, people are just like that" or "All have sinned and fall short" or "God knows we're not perfect; that's why he sent his son".

My question to you is: If the holy spirit is the spirit of truth that guides the church and convicts of sin (John 16:8-13), imparts power, boldness and spiritual strength (Ephesians 3:16), and if Jesus promised to send the holy spirit when he left earth (John 14:16), and is HOLY...

then why is there so much hypocrisy and corruption?

Yes, you are responsible for what you do, but if so many christians are cheating at their own game, then what does that make of the holy spirit?

If christianity were true, then there would be a highly noticeable difference between christians and non-christians. There would be no divorce among christians, and their children would be obedient. The fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) would spread around the world, and people would notice. Additionally, because of the impact of the holy spirit, the church would never shy away from converting and re-converting others. However, that is not the case.

In my experience, "God's wisdom" was nothing other than my own smelly sense of superiority. How could I, a human being, lay claim to having access to a spirit that millions of others don't have access to? That's arrogant. So all I can do is be intellectually honest with myself and others, and say that I don't know if there is a deity or not, and until I know for sure, I will live based on that which I DO know.

Well I used to think that hell did not exist either. I came across this site. I am not saying that this is absolute proof, but it did make me think. This Christian woman name Mary K Baxter experienced hell for herself when Jesus took her there. She explains that He kept her safe in hell, but was able to give her a glimpse of what was going to happen to those who do not follow Him. She said He did this to show others the TRuth. There are like 8+ different audio tapes of what she experienced. It was horrific! I listened to them all oneday! She explained how she saw the tourture and how Chrisitans who used to be Christians had it the worst...eek! I know some may argue this women's credibility but she is like a middle aged woman who is married has children and did NOT become famous from this. She made some money cause she wrote a book but not a lot. She has NO reason to lie. At least check it out. CHeck out the first few audio tapes of what she saw and experienced in HELL! This is not scientific proof, but again she is not a televangaist so she has not reason to lie.

http://www.doeshellexist.com/mary-k-baxter.html

Funny, this and another book called 23 minutes in hell by Bill Weise was actually the starting point towards my own deconversion, it suddenly dawned on me that if what they said was true then your god set up a world KNOWING most of his creation would end up there, once I came to this realization I was left with one of 2 choices

1) Submit for the sake of preservation for selfish reasons (which would be a sham and farce)

2) Actually start worrying if it was true and be truly terrified and worried about the unfortunate people that are sentenced to this just for having the misfortune of being born, not just worrying about no 1

You can guess what option I chose, I could NOT worship a being that created such an unspeakable vile monstrosity for anyone, not even for selfish reasons like saving my own skin

I also agree with many of the posts and replies given to you, you seem to be either indifferent and utterly selfish at worst, or delusional at best, you have absolutely no empathy whatsoever as shown in this post HERE, a quality I've noticed most christians are totally devoid of - this is also a factor that contributed to my apostasy

Now I will concede that it's entirely possible that I wasn't a true christian to begin with, as I was never 100% sure of salvation ever (ie I was never 100% sure that if I died I would definitely go to heaven, ever), however like many others on here my failure to become a christian certainly wasn't for lack of trying, but you are discounting other people's experiences on here as if they were nothing, people that once were SURE they were saved

You can't trust Christians. They can do whatever they want and ask God for forgiveness. They're just morally corrupt. They don't know the first letter of morality; still, they believe they have a patent on it.

I couldn't agree more, they can do whatever they please then when caught with their hands in the cookie jar, they can conveniently use the excuse "Oh but we are not perfect, just forgiven" to justify anything they do

My exact first impression.

I'm not sure she did the first time. I think she said she "tried" to de-convert because she wanted to. It's different than losing faith against ones will.

She never deconverted. This whole thing was to set her up to be a 'Super Christian™' where she can brag to her friends about how she left the lord and then came back to him forever, amen. This type of stuff will raise her ratings in the church. Who knows, she may even get to teach Sunday School someday? Or, dare it be thought, she will get to use her testimony to win others. God bless her little heart. I've seen this crap before.

I'm not sure she did the first time. I think she said she "tried" to de-convert because she wanted to. It's different than losing faith against ones will.

I never quite got what that meant. "I tried to deconvert"? Why? Why would some try to deconvert? That just doesn't make sense. Is this saying "I don't want to believe anymore"?

I get it! Try this. "I tried to leave Bill after he punched me in the face a few times, but I couldn't. I just loved him too much!. I tried to leave, but he's a good man and I know if I just get my life together he will love me and everything will be good. I tried to leave, but whom am I fooling? I love him".

*sigh*

I never quite got what that meant. "I tried to deconvert"? Why? Why would some try to deconvert? That just doesn't make sense. Is this saying "I don't want to believe anymore"?

Yeah, I know. Really weird.

But it shows in her other comments when she claims that the only reason why someone deconverts is because he or she wants to live in sin and choose to deconvert. She exposes her complete lack of knowledge in these things. She never experience the feeling of losing faith. She wanted to live in sin, rebel against her family (or whatnot), and failed.

I get it! Try this. "I tried to leave Bill after he punched me in the face a few times, but I couldn't. I just loved him too much!. I tried to leave, but he's a good man and I know if I just get my life together he will love me and everything will be good. I tried to leave, but whom am I fooling? I love him".

Yup. Like so many others have said before, Christianity is the abusive relationship.

Abuse victims are also apologists.

Your post reminded me of a site I found a few years ago, which stated:

Christianity is a meme--a mind virus that lives in the minds of people and is spread through proselytization and other means.

Christianity is a meme about God, but it has no other connection to God.

The Christianity Meme has been shaped purely by natural selection--the law of survival of the fittest--as it has played out in human minds. It is a sophisticated product of cultural evolution.

Being a "true Christian" infected by the Christianity Meme will subject you to aid its survival through its adaptations that allow it to exert control over human behavior.

As a consequence, the more Christian you are the more you are prone to certain kinds of immoral behavior. The Christianity Meme is not bound by the moral principles it carries.

http://www.christianitymeme.org/

She never deconverted. This whole thing was to set her up to be a 'Super Christian' where she can brag to her friends about how she left the lord and then came back to him forever, amen. This type of stuff will raise her ratings in the church. Who knows, she may even get to teach Sunday School someday? Or, dare it be thought, she will get to use her testimony to win others. God bless her little heart. I've seen this crap before.

Seriously, when her post first came up in September of last year, I thought she might have been an atheist who was having a fake deconversion. It was like she'd made a list of what atheists wanted to hear and ticked them off one by one. "I just came out o the evil christianity which made me ignant and unhappy, but now I've given up the Jesus and Im happy and pursuing what I want, and want to learn about the world, yay ex-christianity," Yet without any of the thoughts and feeling which went into this, without any of her experience whatsoever. The other thing you notice is that in all of her original posts she never once said anything negative about the Christian God, the Bible, or even really Christianity.

Good for you. Do what you want. I believe people should follow any path they want. All different paths to the same destination.

Here is the destination: http://whathappensafteridie.com/

lamo :HaHa:

I know, thats the first time I've laughed at a black screen in weeks.

[quote name='Justyna' timestamp='1280312870' post='586967']....

Your not STILL here are you?? Talk about tell fibs!! Come into the "Lion's Den!" with a stick ... start poking the members in their eyes with a stick ... make out your'e here saying goodbye ... it just goes on!!

Maybe I should remind you of one of your other posts!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

I used to post in a Christian Forum, and I had a debate over Christianity on the forum last night and they have suspened my account....lol Its like if you say ANYTHING that might be the slightest bit against Christianity they report you there. I just see the narrow mindedness of it all to be honest with you.

.... see now, there TRULY is the difference! See how open minded this site really is??? You are still here and have not been deleted!

The evidence is damning and that's that Jesus has not returned and it's 2000 years down the track. Everybody who's ever predicted his return in their life times has been wrong. EVERYONE. And you can't compare 2000 to eternity, because you're talking about a finite number being divided by an infinite number. Do the maths.

Scientists estimate that the sun will last about another 5 billion years.

In 4,999,999,999 years, some Christian will be saying, "I told you so!"

5 billion/infinity = zero.

While not all exChristians had genuinely negative experiences with Christianity (I had no negative experiences with it as a kid before I stopped believing at age 12, but did have to deal with a janitor who would try multiple times to convert me as an adult), I certainly see the suspicion in how generic her "testimonial" was. Me, personally, being genuinely interested in the how and why (the testimonials are my favorite part of this site) would always want to know why someone stopped believing, how it happened. Her not telling why in her first couple posts is not suspicious at all. Her never telling how ever might be.

But I agree, her first post does look like a checklist of things she thinks we want to hear.

"I was brainwashed to believe in Christianity - check"

"I can think for myself now - check"

"This is an exciting new corner of my life - check"

"It wasn't easy, and I never thought I'd stop believing - check"

It's like she looked at some of the testimonials here and gathered a few basic concepts, while missing the heart and soul (so to speak) of what we actually went through. No indication of why she stopped believing, or heck, when you look at her absurd attempts to try to win us back to Christianity, no indication that she understands us at all. She just picked up a few key words and phrases and used them in her "deconversion" posts last year, threw them out, then returned to generic Christian mode. "Well, Christianity is true after all!" But no indication that she knows what no longer believing is like, or for that matter that she read any posts or articles debunking it here, judging by her reliance on tired old arguments.

What a fool. I imagine she must be feeling frustrated at her failure to reconvert us, but that's what she deserves for trying to pull such a stunt and making no effort whatsoever to understand where we're coming from.

I am not saying I am perfect, but please dont blame me because I am not who you think I should be at this point in my life.

Absolutely irrelevant. Your behaviour on this forum shall be judged for what it is -- Rude and disgusting.

It does not matter who delivers the message..me or someone else...you automatically will reject it.

Judging and mindreading.

And I am smart enough to know that you are not rejecting me but Jesus in me.

Justyna, I don't think that 'Jesus' ever existed. I, for one, am rejecting you because you are a lying b!tch.

You hate Him with all your might.

More mindreading. For the record, it is Christianity that I hate with all My might.

I dont judge you because...

Liar. You have judged us... Repeatedly.

I hope one day your heart can heal and you can start a new.

That's what this forum is for, Justyna -- Healing from the delusion known as Christianity.

Time to be accountable for your actions, and stop saying that you could not believe anymore.

How. Dare. You! This is pure slander, and I for one will not forgive you.

You, Justyna, are a fine example of someone whose moral compass has been blown to smithereens by the Christian delusion. You claim to not be judging, when you clearly *are* judging us. You do not respect our experiences. You do not respect our judgment and our reasons for not believing.

You do not respect us, and accordingly I see no reason to respect you.

May you become completely incapable of hiding your mendacity from the people whom you must deal with in the real world, so that you suffer the full consequences of each and every deceitful word and action from this moment forward to the end of your natural life.

And may you lose your faith and never, ever regain it.

She never deconverted. This whole thing was to set her up to be a 'Super Christian' where she can brag to her friends about how she left the lord and then came back to him forever, amen. This type of stuff will raise her ratings in the church. Who knows, she may even get to teach Sunday School someday? Or, dare it be thought, she will get to use her testimony to win others. God bless her little heart. I've seen this crap before.

The story of the lost son. Let Ex-drug addicts or ex-pornstars or ex-atheists share their story on sunday morning.