Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

• Super Moderator

Shrine to Our Mommy Who Never Did “It” Even Once

LOL!  That's perfect!  I'm an ex-catholic too.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

"Trip to Hell was an eye opening experience. It's amazing how you can see reality played out before your eyes and still feel the pain of the situation even if you've never been in it directly. There's two choices: heaven or hell...which one do you choose?"

Someone posted this after their 'Trip to Hell' experience, an alternative to haunted houses for Christians. Sounds like there are two different things going on here. Hell is real for a lot of a Christians, but they've "never been in it directly" yet it's their reality? Makes no sense. This is why I do not and can not do this blind belief anymore. I just can't do it.

I feel like, as Christians, most people don't even know what they are saying, but it only sounds rights because of the 'hell' implications and they fear hell.

This just in on my newsfeed:

"No matter what sin we have committed, no matter how
terrible it may be, God loves us." - Billy Graham

Of course that contradicts this: “I promise you that any of the sinful things you say or do can be forgiven, no matter how terrible those things are. But if you speak against the Holy Spirit, you can never be forgiven. That sin will be held against you forever.” — Mark 3-28 & 29.

So, the only conclusion is that God will still love us but will still have to send us to hell. :-)

• Like 3

I addressed a bunch of this crap in a free book I wrote (available at Smashwords.com) called "iDoubt: When Faith Falters."

In one chapter, I addressed Christians' frothing-at-the-mouth obsession with their hope for the world to end.  I have always hated how Christians get all giddy when it "looks like the world might end."  Puhlleease.  Just enjoy your life on earth.  We're all dead soon enough.  

I saw this today. Anyone who regards this as a 'miracle' is an imbecile. Has the definition of 'miracle' been changed since the days of Jesus? Obviously, because now if someone is partially healed (by medical intervention), somehow that is a miracle. Does no-one notice the casts and walker that the kid is still strapped to? Jesus would be ashamed of this 'miracle', if it was Jesus, this kid would be up 'walking and leaping and praising God'. The miracles of the 21st century are so lame. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152526768397355&set=a.70986532354.76361.70630972354&type=1&theater

Jesus is a shitty amateur miracle worker. He should be fired.

Oh, Lawd, look at the title of this one.

http://www.faithit.com/atheist-heroin-

addict-gets-schooled-on-power-of-

prayer.html

Why can God give money to a heroin addict who steals from his kid, but he can't fix, say, people who live with depression and get no support from their own emotionally abusive families?

• Like 1

prayer.html

Why can God give money to a heroin addict who steals from his kid, but he can't fix, say, people who live with depression and get no support from their own emotionally abusive families?

What are the odds of at least one of the many recipients of the man's generosity having prayed for help the day before?      I I wonder how many genuine believers, and others, pray for help that never comes?   It sickens me that that xtians call their 'successes' miraculous, and use them for their selfpromotion, but ignore all their 'failures'.

Christian Libertarian family member posted this one today:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=712920065389246&set=a.421922644488991.116772.100000137783521&type=1&theater

It says:

Have to laugh at people who are against spanking... My parents whipped my butt like there was no tomorrow... I didn't hate them... I didn't have trust issues with them because of it.... I didn't fear them.... But I DAMN sure respected them!!!! I learned what my boundaries were, and knew what would happen if I crossed them... I wasn't abused, I was disciplined.... *Re-post if you got your butt smacked and survived.... This is why kids nowadays have no respect for anyone !!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=712920065389246&set=a.421922644488991.116772.100000137783521&type=1&theater

It says:

Have to laugh at people who are against spanking... My parents whipped my butt like there was no tomorrow... I didn't hate them... I didn't have trust issues with them because of it.... I didn't fear them.... But I DAMN sure respected them!!!! I learned what my boundaries were, and knew what would happen if I crossed them... I wasn't abused, I was disciplined.... *Re-post if you got your butt smacked and survived.... This is why kids nowadays have no respect for anyone !!!!!!

I'd like to see the study done on this.

prayer.html

What are the odds of at least one of the many recipients of the man's generosity having prayed for help the day before?      I I wonder how many genuine believers, and others, pray for help that never comes?   It sickens me that that xtians call their 'successes' miraculous, and use them for their selfpromotion, but ignore all their 'failures'.

As a Christian, I felt like I was constantly failing and being punished.  As life went on, it got progressively worse and I became pretty entrenched in depression. it was awful, still is to a degree but I've had therapy to help sort a lot of it out, it is still very hard, though. 

It says:

Me, too. I hate all this stuff about spankings going around. My parents spanked me for everything, it seemed. I had a lot of trouble remembering things and if I didn't flush the toilet as a kid, I got spanked, if I didn't remember to dry the water off the tops of glasses in the dishwasher, I got spanked, if I didn't fold the towels correctly, if I forgot to give my mother change from the store as soon as I got back (like what? Am I really gonna still  80cents? I was an extremely good child but my parents always acted like I was secretly hiding this evil world from them, like I was some villain when they weren't around, though I just pretty much read books and watched tv). I was so terrified to do anything and was extremely stressed out because I was always on the verge, waiting for my parents to find something wrong with whatever I did, so they could yell and spank me and tell me how disappointed they were. Most of this seemed to come from my mother who had her own unresolved issues. 

• Like 3

It says:

Me too.

Also, I know his parents well. Not only did he NOT get "his butt whipped into tomorrow," I remember hearing about a couple of the big punishments he DID get. Like when they caught him smoking. He got punished for that BIG TIME. Guess who is currently diagnosed with smoking-related heart disease after 50+ years of smoking? Yeah, guess that particular "butt whippin'" didn't work. 

• Like 2

FB meme today:

I am

God who still listens, answers, heals, forgives
leads,directs , cares, loves.

------

Just doesnt post to FB without use of a human.

FB meme today:

I am

God who still listens, answers, heals, forgives

leads,directs , cares, loves.

BOLLOCKS.

Another entry today:

Speculation about the NJ mall shooter's childhood:

"If God is not a part of the equation...the variable is unstable and WILL be filled by other forces. It is the "roaring lion", seeking whom he may devour. I fully expect more and more of this from a generation so far removed from the heart of God. Not surprised."

Um, yeah.

Let's Pray America

"Dear Father God...............we pray this morning for Billy Graham's final message to America tonight.............we pray that millions will tune in on national television this evening to hear his message to our nation..............may multitudes of people this very night come to know You Lord............may we as Christians hear his warnings about the future of our nation..............may we respond to his call to pray, seek Your face, turn from our wicked ways and pray............we thank You Lord for this man of God who has influenced this entire nation for several decades..............we thank you for his life and we want to express our appreciation to Billy Graham this morning and say thank you from the bottom of our hearts for giving your life, your energies and your time to preach Christ to the United States of America............we love you Billy................and Happy 95th Birthday............we will see you tonight and be asking the Holy Spirit to anoint you one more time..........in Jesus name we pray...........amen."

I didn't even know Billy Graham was still alive! And what's with all of the periods? Also, sounds like he's actually praying to Billy Graham. Maybe he's asking god to relay the message to Billy.

It would be awesome if only a couple of hundred people were to watch. This is the first I've heard of the event.

I remember when I was a kid and the Billy Graham crusades would interrupt normal programming. Made me so mad! Don't think my parents liked it much, either, since he was preaching "false doctrine".

Maybe I should reply "it's about time that false teacher retired! No telling how many people he has sent to Hell with his doctrine of 'faith only'!"

Just another cult leader who has made a great living preaching all his life about an imaginary belief system... Woopdeedoo

I pray for their improper use of ellipses. 

• Like 1

"Let's Pray America"

Is there a difference between pray and prey? bill

On the first post of Christmas this fundy gave to me:

2 urban legends

backfire effect

confirmation bias

persecution complex

and an ad hominem fallacy

pCKZUHa.jpg

• Like 3

2 urban legends

backfire effect

confirmation bias

persecution complex

pCKZUHa.jpg

Does anyone feel offended by this person posting a nativity scene? I don't. I really don't care if people display their religion. I care if they get in other people's faces about it.

• Like 1

2 urban legends

backfire effect

confirmation bias

persecution complex

Love it!

2 urban legends

backfire effect

confirmation bias

persecution complex

pCKZUHa.jpg

Don't believe Snopes. But believe the viral re-post on FB.

Don't believe Snopes. But believe the viral re-post on FB.

Of course! Snopes has verifiable sources, and where’s the faith in that? (Besides, if Snopes is right about this, then it means that they’re not really being persecuted, and that’s against their religion.)

• Like 2